The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Christmas Time, Scents Sublime

We had a lovely Christmas day, but ended it in the ER.

My youngest DS was bitten by our mean cat the day before and his wrist became infected. It was hurting him quite a bit so off we went to get it checked out. He's got it immobilized with a cast and sling, and has an antibiotic regimen for a couple of weeks.

My other DS and DH are both sick and miserable. We've all got cabin fever today. It's like The Shining around here. j/k Thank goodness there are Christmas toys to put together and play with. Legos have saved the day.

sigh. Melting two YC Gingerbread melts and a YC Holiday Sage jar.

Aww Jules, I'm sure sorry to hear about your DS's run in with the cat. :unsure: And what a shame your other DS and DH are sick. Not the merriest of Christmases for you, darn it. Hopefully things will be looking up really fast. :blink:

Those of you in the blizzard's path, be safe, and stay snuggy and warm inside!

I'm melting Haley's Christmas Cabin on this very quiet and cozy Hobbit-and-me day. :)

Gail

I am so excited to find out that Grandma's Home Brewed Tarts are being sold by "Queen of Tarts" on ebay. I have been waiting and waiting and finally!! Ordered 50 tarts tonight. Can't wait to get them! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Burning Balsam and Cedar tonight.

I'm not melting anything today, but want to say hello. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Cookie - [smilie=th_e16] backatcha! [smilie=th_wave] No melting AT ALL???? gasp! [smilie=th_giggle]

My youngest DS was bitten by our mean cat the day before and his wrist became infected.

My other DS and DH are both sick and miserable.

Awww Jules - Your Ginger bit your DS ...dear, sweet Ginger? [smilie=th_roll] Or do U have another cat? No tunies for her. Do your other guys have a stomach bug or the flu? [smilie=th_bb41] And you get to nurse everyone back to good health [smilie=th_shocked_sick_big] ....shall I send U some Calgon to take U away? [smilie=th_blij80]

I am so excited to find out that Grandma's Home Brewed Tarts are being sold by "Queen of Tarts" on ebay. I have been waiting and waiting and finally!! Ordered 50 tarts tonight. Can't wait to get them![/font]

Denim - is Grandma selling under a different name or is this someone else selling for her? I looked up 'Queen of Tarts' as a seller & don't come up with anything - do U have a link?

hey, everyone...haven't checked in in a while, been a busy few weeks, but want to say hello and post some recent melting.

I am so enjoying my LOL order..vanilla crack is my new favorite now; it's official. And did i see someone mention vanilla voodoo? will have to add it to the list. Today i've been melting Dole Whip and burning a small votive of YC Buttercream and my Slatkin 3-wick in 'Tis the Season...lovely smells going on today

Helllooo everybody! I have been away from the computer for days, it seems!

Jules - I can not imagine what an ER is like at Christmas! I am sorry that you had to include that in your Holiday. And man, those cats bites can be nasty!

Denim - Hooray! I am so glad you found the tarts!

I have been burning candles for days, (Star Candle Pine Forest, Village Balsam Fir), and now I am working on LOL tarts - Rudolph's Noel tonight.

good eve/early morning, all. I am here at work on my last night. :(

gosh Jules, that cat packed a punch, huh? sorry your crew is out of commission.

to all of you that are being buried up to your armpits in snow, gosh, stay safe and warm. I don't miss the NY winters and am an official 'wuss' if I have to drive on a barely covered road w/snow here in southwest OH.

lots of good melties; I love reading what everyone's wax weekend was about.

Denim, I remember u always loved GHBT. yeah, did she sell it, or is it under new name?

I left the house w/CFTKR Christmas cookie going in 2 melters. I am not a big fan of almond and this had a tad bit too much almond in it for my liking but still good enough to eat. :)

Jules--sorry to hear about the cat bite and the illnesses--hopefully today everyone will be feeling much better.

Starting my day out with some sinus issues so put on Scentsationals Candy Cane--I find that mint smells help when my sinuses are on the fritz.

Hope everyone has a nice start to the work week. All of you with heavy snow--stay warm and safe.

We got snow! Two snows in one year...hasn't happened in a long time!

Cat bites can be really bad! I was bitten by a neighbor's Siamese once and the bite had to be monitored by my doctor for about two weeks. It was on the side of my knee and was really deep!

Glad to hear GHBT has reopened...wonder if it's the same person?

Recent melts:

Pure Scents chestnuts roasting

Cake Candle Sunday breakfast

YC silver bells...really love this one

I'm in the process of packing away Christmas decorations!

Good Morning! I was so excited to wake up yesterday morning to see snow. It has been 18 years since I have seen that. I loved it and we all went out and played in it like children. All my company went back home. On one hand it's nice to see everyone but it's also nice to get your house back and in order.

Jules, sorry to hear about the cat bite, man that must have really scared you! When one of my daughters has a little scratch I really monitor it like its something big. I'm a worry wort!

Burning YC Italian Christmas Biscotti and Slatkins Cranberry Woods.

I think after housework is done we are going to go to the mall to hit YC and Bath & Body works.

I hope everyone is having a great day!

And did i see someone mention vanilla voodoo? will have to add it to the list.

NYGal, I posted about Vanilla Voo Doo. It's not from LOL though. It's from Lasting Scent Candles, just so's ya know.

Twinsmom, how exciting for you to get snow! Everyone who loves it, I hope you get a good amount to play in, but not so much that you can't stand it. ;)

Tunisian, I forgot to say a big THANK YOU for your input on the cookie icing. It turned out just the way I wanted and the cookies were a big hit for the adults as well as the kids. They beat out the pumpkin pie by a mile! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Hey Becky, I'm melting Haley's Sinfully Hot. I probably wouldn't have ordered it without your raves because I was suspicious of "bouquet" and "cassia" in the description. [smilie=th_cha66] But it's YUMMY, so [smilie=thank_you]

Gail

Good Morning!

We woke up to 2 feet of snow here. We live on a dead end street and I was told that we would not get plowed out today. It is going to be another nice and relaxing day. All plans for today have been cancelled.

I am burning YC Snow Angels and Haley's Mrs. Claus Candy Cane. I love these candles.

I am melting AMS Mrs. Claus Cookies and CHS Cookies for Santa. I am trying to finish up my Christmas scents.

Jules- Hope your family feels better. Sorry you had to make a trip to the ER.

Stay warm and safe everyone affected by this weather!

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Dabba - Snow! [smilie=th_dancing_smile] How much snow did U get...enuf to keep you housebound?

Michele - [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy] .....sounds like a beautiful winter wonderland around U! Glad your family is home so U can relax and enjoy it together.

I'm burning GC's Cozy Christmas and melting PI's Victorian Christmas. Both are [smilie=th_fabulous1] !

good morning, all.

wow, great day for some of you to stay put and just relax from your busy weekends and melt,burn to beat the band.

very frigid here today but sunny! always nice to see the sun when it is not accompanied by stifling heat(I dislike the heat immensely and hibernate in a/c in the summer).

Gail, glad that the icing worked; it dries so fast, doesn't it? and I love that sheen finish.

well, officially finished w/my job; last night was the last one and we had 1 pt the entire weekend; made for a painfully long 12 hrs. have a benefits meeting this wk regarding rollover of investments, insurance, etc. Interviews from the other hospital still going on so not sure when I'll here something.

CFTKR-Harvest Zucchini bread. Love this; total comfort and joy. :) num, nummm.

have a great day, hope those of you that are hitting sales get some good stuff. :)

Well, I asked for snow and we SURE got it! About 2 feet deep and we are in a State of Emergency...so we are stuck inside. I gotta go out to try and dig out a path for the dog...she is only stepping on the porch mat and won't go any farther...[smilie=th_huganimal]

Jules, I am so sorry to hear about your DS! I hope he heals up quick and feels better! What a terrible way to spend the holiday!

Burning:

YC Italian Biscotti

Elf Farts

Melting:

Comfortably Numb....perfect!!!!

CFTKR-Harvest Zucchini bread. Love this; total comfort and joy. :) num, nummm.

Susan - isn't that scent yummylicious??!! :wub: I luv that one too. Hope U hear from the other hospital soon. [smilie=th_blij81]

Well, I asked for snow and we SURE got it! About 2 feet deep and we are in a State of Emergency...so we are stuck inside. I gotta go out to try and dig out a path for the dog...she is only stepping on the porch mat and won't go any farther...[smilie=th_huganimal]

MaggieMae - [smilie=th_1_bigone110] I kinda figured U got lots of snow. Yay...? :lol: Your dog is small isn't she? Gotta make sure she doesn't get lost in all that. Take it easy shoveling all that snow, probably have to do it in layers. [smilie=th_scratch] Better yet - have your DH do it. [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Just changed to Can-Do's Gingerbread....smelling good already! [smilie=th_aa17]

Candlefan- Love your CBV gifts ya got! I got CBV from my fiance for xmas too!! [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

Tunisianswife- i love CFTKR Fresh Picked Strawberry! It one of my fav from her!!

Jules- so sorry to hear about your DH and your two DS... :(

Love and enjoy to hear how everyone xmas was. Mine was pleasant, no drama and was quite nice and actually better then i expect it to be, which was really nice. Besides the gift exchange and dinner, we played Jenga, Connect Four and Guitar Hero/Rock Band video game with the families. I enjoyed it. :wub:

Well wanted to share my lovely CBV gift i got from fiance which i got 6 of the 8 oz in a sampler packs in: Banana Coconut Cream Pie, Treasure Island, Green Apple, Maui Luau and 2 of the Tiffany D ->was burning this one and it smells like skittles candy IMO, I like it. I also got a 24 oz jar in Pineapple Cherry Upside Down Cake and this one is so cute. You can actually see the details on it with its Red Cherry on top & inside of the jar and chunks of pineapples on top, which all is wax. [smilie=th_Drglar] This smells awesome on cold sniff. ^_^

Recent melts:

Can Do- Peach Magnolia Raspberry

DP- Fresh bamboo, this one smell just like the YC Fresh Cut Grass. Love this one! :D

MaggieMae - [smilie=th_1_bigone110] I kinda figured U got lots of snow. Yay...? :lol: Your dog is small isn't she? Gotta make sure she doesn't get lost in all that. Take it easy shoveling all that snow, probably have to do it in layers. [smilie=th_scratch] Better yet - have your DH do it. [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Yes Sweet...it is YAY [smilie=th_autumboy] I just didn't prepare cause every time they predict a blizzard we get zilch! But we've got cookies, cookies and some cookies...so I think we'll live. LOL Daisy is a tiny Yorkie so when she's standing, she's 11 inches from ground to head...this snow is not her favorite thing...but she has a nice path now so all is good. The DH was out plowing the work lot all morning so our house will be the last to get dug out... [smilie=th_sign0164]

Think I'll go drink some Bailey's... [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

Added and oldie but goodie upstairs...Maple Sugar & Woodflower from Candle Haven

Maggie, I LOVE Yorkies! love, love them. ohhh, I bet she is just the cutest little thing trying to do her business in those piles of snow. I love to watch the dogs in the snow; they look like little bunnies hopping and I call them my 'snowbunnies'. glad that the schools are out w/all this bad NE weather; always something to be thankful for.

Sweet, oh, I love the harvest zucch. I also LOVE the maple pecan toffee zucch. bread, or something like that. oh gosh, that I think is even a little stronger on the butter,caramely gooey good stuff.

switched over to CFTKR Apple Noel in 2 melters, and moonlight path in the BR. it's good but I hate it when I am in the mood for one thing, plop it in, then realize I am not in the mood for it. LOL

have a good cozy eve, all.

Thank you all for the well wishes. Everyone is feeling better today. DS got his splint taken off and the infection hasn't spread. He is still favoring that hand but he is using it a little bit. The antibiotics continue for a few more days. Yes, cat bites are bad. (bad Ginger) The Dr. said he sees more infection with cat bites where as with dog bites it's more of a maul injury. Yikes either way.

Calgon, take me away. I remember that commercial. th_i-m_so_happy.gif

Tonight I'm melting TDC - Twilight Woods

All of you in this snowy snow storm mess, be safe my friends. Don't travel unless you must. I've been watching the news and can't believe some of the reports I've been seeing. It was like a hurricane but with snow.

cute220.gif Hi Friends! Don't think I've been here since probably sometime Thursday or Friday...

I am officially exhausted from all of the Christmas festivities and clean-up. The clean-up is still ongoing. We did have a wonderful party on Christmas Eve...ended up with 28 adults and 10 kids. Christmas Day was nice also...we spent it with my in-laws.

I've done some damage at both the B&BW and YC sales....got some great deals and candles and wallflowers.

I am so jealous of everyone getting snow! Please stay safe!

Tonight, we're enjoying two YC jars...White Christmas and Sparkling Cinnamon and also a Red Berry & Cedar votive.

Happy melting! Off to catch up on the boards!

We're finally dug out! I have no idea how much snow we actually got become there is a dusting in some parts of the yard and 3+ feet snowdrifts in other parts of the yard. We had crazy wind too but we are free! Yeah!

Tarts:

Maple Sugared Flapjack

Candles:

Holiday Sage

Christmas Tree

I can't believe how much snow you all are getting over there in the East! I was on the phone at work today with someone in Raleigh, and he was giving me a play by play of the road clean up. Or maybe it was the lack of road clean up, LOL!

Maggie - I melted my last CH Maple and WF a few weeks ago...sad isn't it?

Wowie, Sweetart - those sound like my kind of candles. Hope they smell as good as they sound!

I still have lots of fall and Christmas tarts to melt...left over from last year! [smilie=th_giggle]

Tonight is Pink Sugar Pumpkin Pie from Things that Make Scents.

Guest Viennalady

Merry Christmas and a delightful New Year to all of you. I have heard in the media, that there are so much snow and terrible storms in the Nordeast of USA . Also here in Europe the winter is strong and cold. In Paris, Bruessel and London the airports had to be closed and most of the flights has to be canceld. So many people experienced the adventure, to celebrate Christmas at the airport.

We in Austria a lucky. Much snow but not too much. A lot of tourists, who want to go skiing on our awesome mountains.

As you mentioned the little dogs running through the deep snow, I enjoy so much, watching my cute little Pekinese, making her way through the big snow. She is a fighter, and never gives up, and her long ears are flying up and down. Mostly you see only this ears appearing in the air, but the dog is covered in the snow. So delightful!

Melting a rare scent but one of my absolute favours:

YC Golden Spice Pear

[smilie=th_huganimal]