The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Christmas Time, Scents Sublime

Gail - I am still thinking about the lil toad! What a shock! :huh:

Jules - Jealous out here...we had clouds, clouds, clouds. No eclipse for me!

Tonight is an odd combo -

Scentsy - Tea Blossom

Coral Dolphin - Calm Mind

An old Cottage Hill - Peppermint Bark

Hi!

OMG, those bear pictures are too cute!

Jules, DD has bronchitis so nobody had a good night's sleep last night. DD was up around 1 so when I went into the bathroom I looked up at the moon through the skylight and had a perfect view. I saw a little bit of a shadow on the moon. Later on around 3 she was up again so I took another peak. I couldn't see the moon but I think there were clouds so the clouds were probably obstructing my view. Or maybe to was too late and my sleepy eyes thought there were clouds.

Today's tarts:

Blackberry Jam Flapjacks

Christmas Past

Cinnamon Strudel

all from Carol

Candles:

Northern Pine - Warm Glow

LLVV, hope your daughter gets better by Sat. It seems that kids do get sick at Christmas. I know we always did and we were 5 healthy kids that didn't get sick much. seemed like someone either had a GI bug or tonsilitis every year. I did read somewhere that the excitement of the holiday can lead kids to have a lower immune system, and college kids d/t lack of sleep and stress w/finals.interesting concept.

I'm pulling a 'sweet/spicy' tonight and giving the neighbors the illusion I am baking. LOL 2 melters w/CFTKR sugar cookie noel, YC Christmas cookies in the tlight melter, and 2 slatkin 3 wick VBN. :)

I just received my first order today from cleanseyoursoul.com, it was recommended on another board. My first tart is ok, Winter Carnival. I think I just don't like the scent itself. The throw is ok. I looked up the notes and it is Cotton Candy, Taffy Apples and Gingerbread.

Good Morning--starting the day out with YC Christmas Cookie and Cranberry Chutney. It is one of those mornings when I don't know what I want to smell so I am going with these for the moment. I am sure I'll be doing something different later. DS wants me to make pumpkin bars so I have to get the stuff for that and will be baking later on today. Already have homemade veggie soup in the crock pot for DH. Will be a cozy cooking day here today. Have a good one.

LLVV, I hope your DD feels better today.

I nixed the whole cookie baking plans this week, but the boys have talked me back into it. The problem now is that we each have a different favorite, so my backup plan of just making ONE kind of cookie is out the window too.

Chocolate Chip, Sugar, Gingerbread, and Oatmeal Raisin. Maybe I could combine all of these together...

This morning's melt scents are:

YC - Orchard Pear

CFTKR - Cranberry & Brown Sugar & Chestnuts DELICIOUS SCENT ALERT

00000ginger.gif Good morning!

Well, the boys are now officially done with school until next year! I'm getting ready to shower and then we are going to go do a little shopping.

000000aabbccjuum-1.gifWe are getting a little bit of snow and it's making everything all bright white and pretty again.

Gail, those bears are really cute. Love the one with the kilt! My DH's mom is from Scotland.

LLVV, hope DD feels better for the BIG DAY!

I've got one tart melting....Carol's Cranberry Balsam. Carol has been listing some tempting new scents lately!!!!

Okay, everyone have a great day...happy melting!

img173.gif

good morning, all. I am in the same boat u are in, Trep..not sure what my nose wants.

CFTKR-bog cranberries and sweet apples

CCCC-cranberry apple crisp

glistening snow

Ellie, I have only tried CYS once..her scent blends are so unique; many I have never seen anywhere else. very creative w/her blendings. I loved the scents but unfortunately in my house, I don't get big throw. One of my favs. is 'blue like jazz'. mmmmm. just melted my last one the other day.

Jules, love the fab scent alert there. I almost ordered that one this order. should be getting a package today or tomorrow. It's always a good day when a Carol package arrives. I can't get into the swing to make any goodies this year either. bought some stuff yesterday to make some things and forgot butter! duh, Susan. I have to be in the 'mood'.

I have to go for a job interview at the hospital where I work today. Odd, long story...been a difficult year where I work..lots of layoffs and there is just a handful of us left. most of the hospital is closed except for the unit I work on, and is being bought up by the University Hospital so I have to go to my hospital for a job interview with another hospital, for the job I already have.;...if that makes sense. December 31st the hospital closes so I think this weekend is my last weekend of work. :( don't like to dwell on 'me' subjects...I am just another one of those caught up in the layoffs/closings. all is ok though; don't have debt and live simply; that's why I don't mind buying wax-my only indulgence...well, except for good coffee. Luckily, I had the foresight about a year ago that something was changing there and I needed to be prepared, so I have only taken 2 vacation days and have 6 weeks of vacation pay that I will get when it closes.

enough about that..have a great day all...the countdown continues. hope u all are able to enjoy your 'me' time w/your smellies.

Happy birthday Katz! [smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d (thread started in Birthday Wishes)

LLVV - tell your DD we're waving to her [smilie=th_76d65c2f] and hope she feels much better soon!

Jules - like your DELICIOUS SCENT ALERT! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Aria - my grandparents came here from Scotland, too. [smilie=th_clap1] GM was from Motherwell and GF was from Edinburgh. Do you know where your DH's mom lived?

Tunisianswife - I'm so sorry for the turmoil you're going thru. [smilie=th_empathy] I can relate cuz I work in a hospital, too (not a nurse like U, tho) and there's changes where I am, also. Will your current physical facility close or will you still be there, but owned by someone else? I'm sure you'll get good news from the interview. What a pain to have to go thru that, tho. :(

I'm burning all candles this morning....GC's Cozy Christmas & Holiday Wreath, and Cake Candle's Gingerbread. [smilie=th_00000020]

used my coupons at yankee last night. Buy two large jars and get two free. Got the free tote too! Also got some fragrance oil. LOVE that store. I could stay in there all day. Actually I should be working there! [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack

SweetTart, your DP order sounds really lovely, as does your dinner with the future in laws. [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

Puppylove- Thank you!! ^_^ ...aww cute lil toad just relaxing there in the dog water dish. Raining lil toads..[smilie=th_giggle]

LLVV- Hope your DD gets better soon for xmas.

Tunisianwife- Good luck with your job interview. Wow a nurse, what an awesome rewarding job you have but sucks where we have to be in the layoff/closing time. I feel for you as i am still looking for a job. :( Good luck there buddy...

Well I finally find the courage to dig into one of my cute CFTKR donut cuttables in Banana Cream Pie and oooo!! how smooth it is to cut thru this! Niiice!! and the scent and it scent throw on this ROCKS!! 1st time trying her donut cutables and i must say im loving it! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Also other recent melts:

Can Do- Line Dried Laundry and Flannel Nightgown. Love it..so nice, clean and strong!

Haleys- Dream Angel

Thanks for the sweet words everyone. I'm glad you enjoyed the bear photos. I'll stop posting them now though, cuz they're way [smilie=th_teks0681] . The Scottish bear isn't antique, Sweet. He's about 25 years old, a mere youngster. He's not real small, about 2 feet tall when he stands on those big tippy toes.

It's been raining hard all night. I live within walking distance (a mile or so) from the Mojave river, Sweet. I'm not sure how much it's made the national news, but it's expected to overflow early this afternoon. We'll likely be fine though. So far so good, anyway! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Mpfand, how are things in Vegas? We haven't heard anything here from Barbita and Denny. I hope everything's okay with them. They both live in an area that's gotten more rain than we have. Ladies, if you read this, please check in. [smilie=th_myspacepunked_sign000

LLVV, I hope your DD's feeling better today.

Susan, good grief, what a convoluted bunch of boloney re the hospitals! :soapbox: Best of luck with your interview. I'm sure it'll go well. You obviously have terrific people skills and are very intelligent! You must be one awesome nurse! [smilie=th_23_32_7]

I'm melting Front Porch Eggnog, a yummy and smooth tart from a generous CF friend. Thank you, buddy! [smilie=The_Hi]

Enjoy your day, everybody!

Gail

Mpfand - glad to C U here! [smilie=th_wave] I wondered about U when I saw that Las Vegas was getting flash floods, too.

Mpfand, how are things in Vegas? We haven't heard anything here from Barbita and Denny. I hope everything's okay with them. They both live in an area that's gotten more rain than we have. Ladies, if you read this, please check in. [smilie=th_myspacepunked_sign000

Thanks, Sweet and Gail. We haven't washed away yet, although it's still raining. :shock: There are flash flood warnings all around us. We have standing water in our backyard, which has only happened one other time in the 4 1/2 years we've lived here. I was also wondering about Barbita and Denny. I hope they're both ok.

I'm taking a break from Christmas scents today. I'm melting Banana Nut Bread and Vanilla Walnut, both from Scentsy. Hope everyone is having a good day! [smilie=snoopy]

I was also wondering about Barbita and Denny. I hope they're both ok.

[smilie=th_yeahthat] Me, too. Don't think I've seen them here since last month.

Have changed to CYS's Slowly Into Winter. This is from last year...or the year before..? [smilie=th_idontknow]

Good evening!

Some of my melts for today are

CFTKR Bay and Citrus,Apple Noel

Scentsationals Fresh Cut Pine,Orange Clove

Ashman Candle Beanie Melts Manderin Cinnaberry and Holiday Homecoming ...this is a delicious scent of orange,gingerbread and vanilla..very yummy!

Jules- love your Delicious Scent Alert and so glad to here that cause I have a bag of Cranberry - Chestnut&Brown sugar on the way!

LLVV-get well wishes to your DD,hope she feels better soon.

good evening, all.

sounds like everyone has had a good holiday meltie day w/these scents. Skylar, that scent description sounds wonderful!

for all you having some bad weather w/flooding, I know it has to be stressful.

CFTKR bear claw(my beloved) tonight. took the dogs outside for 'business' and they smelled like they were dripping in butter,honey, and just complete goodness. LOL

thanks for the good wishes. all went well, I think. :)

That is good news, Susan! Fingers crossed, but you probably nailed it!

Haha, jules - same problem here...I made the mistake of asking what cookies should be made...everyone had a different answer! The bake-a-thon begins!

Tonight I am Netflixing Christmas movies, baking cookies, and melting Home for the Holidays - YC.

Hi everyone! Been gone a few days visiting relatives out of state. It's so good to be home and back to my wax stash. My mother-in-law can't tolerate home fragrance or candles, so I felt like I was in no man's land! [smilie=th_shocked_sick_big]

I've been burning YC Sparkling Snow, melting the rest of YC Holiday Garland, and most recently YC Holiday Bayberry.

I braved the local mall this morning and walked away with a candle from BBW for myself, called Eucalyptus Mint. It smelled like it would be wonderful for the post-Holiday months because it smelled fresh and crisp. I keep telling myself I am going to swear off those tricky wick BBW/Slatkin candles, but the fragrances are so unique and pretty!

Gail~ Love your bears...the Scottish one is adorable too!

LLVV~ Hope your little one is feeling better soon...surely before Christmas!!! <<fingers crossed>>

Susan~ Good luck with that interview...I am sure you did [smilie=th_fabulous1]

SO happy today was my last day of work till the new year... [smilie=th_excited-1] I got 2 Yankee Candles as gifts...always grateful for those...Sparkling Snow and Cranberry Peppermint...which is [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Still melting:

Caramel Pecan from BH&G

Moonlight Path from BG upstairs

50508.gif Good Morning! It won't be long now and Santa will be here! I am pretty much done with preparations for our party on Friday. We're expecting 40+ people...even had to rent a few chairs! Glad I only have to do this every 7 years. There are 7 cousins and we all take turns.

I pulled an random melt out of my stash today....Grandma Cantrell's Cookies from Can-Do. Another DELICIOUS SCENT ALERT ! smiley-greet008.gif Jules!!! I'm also listening to some nice Christmas music on the "music choice" channel. They play some really nice old songs you don't even hear on the radio. Love "It's a Marshmallow World" by Johnny Mathis!!!!

Expecting DH home late this afternoon...he's been working out of town.

Susan, wishing you the best on your job situation.

Thinking of all those who live where the rain and mudslides are.

I need another cup of coffee before I get rolling here....

Have a great day everyone!

ani_trees015.gifXMAS01.gifani_trees015.gif

Good Thursday morning! [smilie=th_wave] Hope all those in the raining/flooded areas are ok. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

I'm melting Cake Candle's Pumpkin Spice Cake. Luv this one! :wub: I'm thinking of turning the melter off, tho, cuz I'm making pizzelle's and the smell of anise is overtaking it. [smilie=th_smilies-1] It's too good to waste, so I'll save it for later. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Hi all,

Candlefan, welcome back from no man's land! I love BBW Eucalyptus Mint. Hope you will too! [smilie=th_smilies-1] FWIW, I haven't had any trouble with the wicks since hearing Harry Slatkin say that they never need trimming. Maybe that'll help your tricky problem.

Maggie, enjoy your time off work! Thanks re the bears.

Aria, best wishes hosting a fantastic family get together! It sounds wonderful!

The rain is finally over and boy, is everyone relieved. We came awfully close to having waaay too much flooding. There's quite a bit of road damage around and things are generally pretty messy, but it could have been a lot worse. Thank you everyone for caring. [smilie=group_hug]

I'm melting Haley's Candy Cane and it's just fantastic! A perfect pick me up scent to accompany me while I clean and bake. Sun's out, water's draining, no amphibians in the dog's bowl this morning... priceless! [smilie=snoopy]

Gail

Hey there everyone! Christmas is fast approaching...and I'm not ready yet!

Aria~ It's so funny that you mentioned that song...I never heard it before the 4 year olds sang it at the Christmas show...it's very cute!!!

Gail~ Thank goodness that the rains have stopped and you are safe! I was watching the news this morning and it looked quite frightening!!! (don't watch it every day since it is SO depressing-unfortunately, the holiday season seems to bring out the "worst" in many..)

Sweet~ Pizzelle's you say? What a wonderful thing to make...would you be willing to share the recipe? I am not a fancy baker thou, so if it's complicated I would be lost! YUM!

Melting:

Eggnog from Front Porch...thanks for the gift CF buddy!

Home for the Holidays from Blue Gecko

Spiced Pumpkin & Gingerbread from Cozy Cottage...thanks again! :)

All yummy and smellin' great!!!