The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Christmas Time, Scents Sublime

wow Trep....up early! you reminded me that somewhere at the bottom of a wicker basket I have a couple YC christmas cupcake; must dig them out.

sweet...I found one spiked eggnog from nene and melted it; didn't have much life left in it but oh, that is my fav. eggnog for sure. I still have some sweet snow pine..oh golly, I love that one and have never seen it offered anywhere else.

I am actually at work...left hubby w/Carol's fresh picked strawberry in two melters before I left last eve. it's his favorite.

Hi everyone :) earlier tonight (well I guess technically last night) I melted SH's Morning Blueberry Muffins. A little disappointing, all I smelled was blueberry, no baked smell at all. Right now I'm burning a BBW Slatkin candle in Peppermint Bark, and later this morning when the boy wakes up I'll probably burn my Slatkin cookies one - I cant remember if it's chrristmas cookies, holiday cookies, homemade cookies... something cookies, anyway :p

I'm having computer monitor problems again. [smilie=th_roll] Seems it was this time last year that happened, too. [smilie=th_cha66] Hmmmmmm....

I'm melting Nene's Balsam Citrus [smilie=th_LOVE] and burning Slatkins Holiday Pomander and a Haley's Hollyberry votive. It's smelling very Christmas-y in here!

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

sweet, I remember your monitor problems last year; it's like a car; great to have when it runs but so frustrating when it doesn't. i bet it smells like Christmas time for sure at your house.

Lion, I didn't see a peppermint bark at my BBW. gosh, wish I had, as I love that scent. I did get chocolate mint or vice versa. smells wonderful cold but I get a fuel-ish smell when burning. I love their sugar cookie noel or vanilla sugar or something like that. I do love the triple wicks in my house, or doubles...and I haven't had problems w/slatkin wicks; actually like the thinner wicks.

per usual...I ramble.

It's CFTKR Welcome Home in 2 melters

CYS Blue like Jazz here in the bedroom. Love that scent; so girly clean.

have a wonderful sunday, all and don't forget to have some funtime this holiday week!

Hi buddies! [smilie=th_wave]

Sweet, I was wondering about Jules too. That's horrid about your computer monitor! [smilie=th_sorry_]

Lionqueen, your "something cookies" comment made me chuckle. [smilie=th_giggle]

Susan, I said it yesterday, but I'm gonna say it again. It's so good to have you back with us. I always enjoy your posts! [smilie=th_sign0162]

I'm melting Christmas Cabin from Haley's. Whew-eee, half a tart and it's throwing like mad.

Gail

Guest Viennalady

Austria is hidden behind a big white blanket of snow. Today the sun is shining. It is really beautiful and breathtaking!

I am melting in different rooms:

YC Home of the Holidays -big jar

YC Balsam and Cedar -big jar

YC Cinnamon and Sugar-medium jar

YC Apple Pie-big jar

sweet, I remember your monitor problems last year; it's like a car; great to have when it runs but so frustrating when it doesn't. i bet it smells like Christmas time for sure at your house.

Lion, I didn't see a peppermint bark at my BBW. gosh, wish I had, as I love that scent. I did get chocolate mint or vice versa. smells wonderful cold but I get a fuel-ish smell when burning. I love their sugar cookie noel or vanilla sugar or something like that. I do love the triple wicks in my house, or doubles...and I haven't had problems w/slatkin wicks; actually like the thinner wicks.

per usual...I ramble.

It's CFTKR Welcome Home in 2 melters

CYS Blue like Jazz here in the bedroom. Love that scent; so girly clean.

have a wonderful sunday, all and don't forget to have some funtime this holiday week!

My bad -I double checked and it IS Mint Chocolate-thers a pic of peppermint bark on the label, i think thats where i got that from. Im sorry yours smells fuel-y, mine is pretty good- not that strong, but it does smell like mint chocolate. Im really wary of chocolate smells in general- so many of them just smell odd to me.

What do you guys put in your kids' stockings? DD has enough candy to feed a small country still leftover from Halloween and I really don't want to fill it with just candy anyway. I got her some nail polish, stickers to put on her nails, a nail file, a coupe of BBW mini hand sanitizers, the Twisted Peppermint collection since she's nuts about anything peppermint, some hair accessories, and a Zhu Zhu pet. I was thinking about putting one of Carol's pink tarts in just for fun because she loves Carol's pink tarts.

Sounds like you got it covered! Those are great stocking stuffers. When my DD was around that age she liked gel pens and lip Smackers. She's 13 now so this year things like mascara, B&BW lip gloss and an I Tunes card will fill her stocking. Some other ideas for all ages: a card game, a colorful loofah, mini bubble bath/shower gel/bath bomb. My DD also likes those socks with the grippers on the bottom to wear around the house. I love your idea of putting a tart in her stocking!

I just posted a coupon in the Freebie section for a free lip product at B&BW. Makes a great stocking stuffer!

I'm melting Snowberry from Scentsy.

Happy Sunday! Just a bit after high noon and I'm melting a tart I bought at a craft fair, Maple Pecan, and it is so heavenly. The maple is just perfect and not too much of the crust. I'm not big on the scent of crust, just like a hint of it. I was reading back on this thread and some of them got me in the mood for mint and might switch to some buttery mints tonight!

[smilie=th_76d65c2f] Hi everyone!

Today I'm melting

CCCC Gingerbread Noel Cookies...yummy!

Candles in Cinnamon and Holiday wreath

Sweet-You asked about the MB Apple Pie candle and I have to say it is very authentic with a decent throw.I liked it so much I recently ordered a second candle in this scent! If you like pumpkin scents the MB Pumpkin Cheesecake candle is also very good. [smilie=th_aa17]

Hey all, just checking in this afternoon. I am melting Can-Do Mimi's House and Warm Glow brittle from last year Northern Pine. Susan, so glad you are back..We have a new furnace, but it is rather loud to be in our family room, which years ago was a garage. Hopefully, they will be able to tone down the jet burner take off sound, or it will go bye bye. I'm starting some baking. DS will be home on Tuesday for around 10 days. Have a great evening, looks like our Colts are going to pull it off.

Sweet-You asked about the MB Apple Pie candle and I have to say it is very authentic with a decent throw.I liked it so much I recently ordered a second candle in this scent! If you like pumpkin scents the MB Pumpkin Cheesecake candle is also very good. [smilie=th_aa17]

Thanks Skylar! [smilie=th_autumboy] I've been looking at the Mia Bella candles, but haven't taken the plunge yet. What size candle do U usually get? Have U ever tried their melts? [smilie=th_confused3]

My afternoon melt was CrossCreek's It's a Noel Holiday. I can't take too much Vanilla Bean Noel [smilie=th_a136] , but this just had a little bit and mixed with the Eggnog it was pretty good. My last melt for the day is one I had from last year - LOL's Warm Orange Gingerbread.

edited to add another emotie

Hello everyone....

Enjoying a quiet evening at home, after doing some shopping today!! Thinking of maybe baking tonight too..I love Christmas baking!!

Melting LSC Sugared Spruce, oh how I love this new found place..her tarts are amazing!! They blow me away!! Placed another small order from Pam already...I am really excited!!

Have a awesome candle burning tonight too..Haleys Pine and its a double wicker and its throwing like crazy!! Yummy....

Stay warm everyone [smilie=th_cocktail]

ViennaLady, your corner of the world must look spectacularly grand! [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Katz, I hope your new furnace quiets down. How lovely that your DS is coming home for several days. [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Busymom, I've got holiday baking on my mind too. I was just researching Christmas Cookie icing. I don't want the soft, thick frosting that never hardens, but a thin glaze that hardens so that I can stack the cookies. I think I just found a good one. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

I'm burning the thoroughly delightful Slatkin's Twisted Peppermint on this very rainy evening.

Gail

I've been thinking about some baking too. I remember how yearly, I do so much that I would set up our dining room and kitchen table with the rubbermaid totes of all the double and triple batches of each and my mom, neighbor, and myself would make up huge trays in assembly line fashion to give away. I don't have really many to bake for now.

Gail, here is a great recipe for icing that leaves a beautiful sheen, they set up so nicely, and u can easily stack them. they dry so fast. I even have pictures posted from the batches I made one mothers day(did little bonnet hats, and also for the Kentucky derby...did derby hats).

here is the link:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sugar-Cookie-Icing/Detail.aspx

edit: u can click on the photos and there is a slideshow of photos that many have posted that have tried this recipe; gives u an idea of how the icing looks. it gives a beautiful sheen.

am at work but put on CCCC peppermint bark little embossed hearts that I got last Valentine's day just as good as new. hubby loves that scent too.

Sweet, that warm orange gingerbread sounds heavenly.

Busysmom, I saw the posts on LSC; I am going to have to try them.

Starting my morning out with Scentsationals Candy Cane and Yankee Peppermint Swirls and North Pole. It is to be in the 50's here today and I am glad. Some friends are taking me out to eat tonight for a belated birthday supper and so often at my birthday time plans have to be cancelled due to weather so I am happy to have more spring like temps at least for today.

Late yesterday I tried Yankee's Winter Wonderland which was not too bad and Orange Dreamsicle which I didn't like at all. Smelled like some kind of orange cleaner to me. Ha!

holidayxmas.gif Good morning...

For some reason, I'm not in the holly-jollyiest of moods this morning. I am getting to the point where I am SO OVER all the prep, shopping, wrapping, decorating, organizing, baking, blah, blah, blah...

DS#2's Christmas party is at 10am this morning, so maybe that will make me feel better...

Melting Crosscreek's Christmas Time

Have a nice day everyone.

Good morning.

Tunisianswife, that recipe looks perfect for my baking too. I've never been able to get the sugar cookie icing quite right before. Thanks for posting. Bookmarked.

This morning's scents:

YC - Christmas in Paris jar

HoT - Cafe in Paris melt

Candles made from soy - Winter Cheer melt

Colonial - Magical Christmas jar (I found a 2nd jar in my stash)

good morning, all. My eyes are getting a bit dopey...seems like the older I get, the more these 12 hr shifts get tougher for me to have much 'oompph' after I get home. :)

CFTKR-toffee maple buttercream in 2 melters

CYS-Endless Blue in the BR

Aria, I know many get stressed w/all the 'doings' of the holidays. thank goodness for the smellies, huh? they help relieve the stress and give a moment of 'me' time. enjoy your son's school events.

Jules, I really loved that frosting; so perfect for storage purposes cuz u can stack them w/o smooshing the decorations, and it dries so fast on the cookie.

Jules, what does Christmas in Paris smell like?sounds interesting!

Trep,enjoy your day w/friends and a nice belated birthday outing; glad u have good weather.

going to try to be good today; usually for some reason I get the 'happy Mondays' after my weekend shifts and want to click,click,click. guess I should be glad that many are closed. LOL

have a good day, all.

Good morning!

Tarts:

Luscious Vanilla

Christmas Past

CFTKR

Candles:

Northern Pine - Warm Glow

Gingerbread - YC

Christmas Tree - YC

Good morning. [smilie=th_blij51] I should be at the grocery store while we have a break in all this rain. [smilie=th_baaaaa] I'll go later, rain or no.

Susan, that icing recipe is the one I found, liked, and printed out yesterday! It's great to know that this recipe is such a good one. Oooo, I had no idea about that slide show. I looked at all of your photos. Wowza, you sure have made some gorgeous, yummy creations! [smilie=th_allah] THANK YOU for all the info! [smilie=th_aa21] Get some rest today!

Trep, have a wonderful dinner this evening!

Aria, the holidays can be overwhelming for sure. Hang in there, GF. I hope your DS's party will lift your spirits. [smilie=th_shewiggle]

I'm melting Kristin's Country Hearth. I absolutely adore this one! [smilie=th_00000020]

Gail