The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Christmas Time, Scents Sublime

sweet&spicey- computer monitor problem around the same time of year?! kinda freaky eh? :shock: Hope it gets fix for ya. Wouldnt want to miss ya posting here. :tongue:

Aria- oh no, you're tried and exhausted of all the xmas shoppin, wrapping and all. Im sorry to here that. Relax a lil bit and pamper yourself a lil. [smilie=th_51991986] I agree with tunisianswife in "thank goodness for the smellies, huh? they help relieve the stress and give a moment of 'me' time." Totally agree and so true! [smilie=iagree]

Well [smilie=th_blij81] my DP order from the BF sale came sat. Such bright and colorful tarts. In it includes a very cute xmas freebie goodie bag and a wooden pink rose scented in Keylime Fluff. Everything smell awesome on cold sniff and excited to get my melting on! So far, so good. Im actually really happy with this order so far as this time around, i tried to pick a variety of scent selections and im loving it. Im trying to branch out of my comfort zone and loved of fruity scents, so i ordered from fruity, clean, spa, perfumey and some bakery scents. I also ordered some Pink Sugar blends, which i have never tried PS before. I am melting Pink Fluff right now and you know what.. im really liking this! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

I had a nice dinner time with my fiance and his family last night where they surprise me with a happy birthday and a birthday cake. Too sweet of his family to do that for me. It really made my day and made me feel more part of the family. :wub:

Tunisianswife - that's a great icing recipe! [smilie=th_aa17] It's very similar to one that was given to me from my mom, so I've been using it for decades. I use vanilla extract instead of the almond, tho. ;)

Aria - I bet going to your DS' party will make a difference 4 U. The little one's holiday excitement is catching. [smilie=th_yay]

Puppy - R U near the area that's getting flooding rains I saw on the WC? :blink: Hope not!

I'm burning Slatkins Holiday Pomander and down to the Vanilla Crack layer (finally! [smilie=th_dancing_smile] ) on my LOL candle. Am also melting Cheryl's Gingerbread Applesauce and LUV this one - it's [smilie=th_fabulous1] !!

SweetTart, your DP order sounds really lovely, as does your dinner with the future in laws. [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

Sweet, we're getting steady rain but no flooding here in the desert. Lots of flooding in other areas though. [smilie=th_shout] If it keeps up like it's s'posed to, we'll wash away like everybody else in So. Cal. I misread your post and for a minute I thought Slatkin made a layered candle. I donned my Sherlock garb and was ready to go searchin'! Then I went back and read correctly. Had to take off all those clothes and put my regular ol' sweats back on. :tongue:

Melting Haley's Wintery Candy Apple and it's MMMM MMMM gooooood!

Gail

Jules - I melted my last Cafe in Paris from HoT last week - I figured that was the last one on the planet, LOL!

Cool idea, Gail - wouldn't a layered Slatkin candle be pretty?

Today is Backroad Hobbies, Christmas Cabin

good early eve, all.

Gail, isn't that funny that is the same recipe you found? I haven't posted any pics in a long time; I'm not a very 'artistic' cook. I'd rather have something taste good than be all pretty foo foo and be mediocre. :) Sweet, I think that it is the corn syrup that makes it dry fast and give it that sheen, don't you? like the idea of the vanilla. can't remember which I have used. not a big fan of almond extract so it must not have been overpowering if i used it. hmm, I should go back and read my review and see if I altered it.

this early eve it is YC Christmas Wreath in my Jackel holiday melter; first time I've used it this season. also have a YC votive in my holiday crackle holder in Red berries and Cedar. not sure that I'll get much oomph out of these; I don't have good luck with YC and they are a year old. LOL

Aspen Winter from CFTKR in the BR.

sounds like everyone is breaking out their holiday smellies in big fashion around here. wish I could take a big group whiff. :)

I like reading of all the holiday scents everyone's got going, too. It's such a short window to use them, I'm melting as fast as I can. Ummm....U don't think I may have overbought, do ya? [smilie=th_foolish1]

Puppy - please post a pic of U in your Sherlock garb!? [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

My afternoon melt was CFTKR's Christmas Thyme. Wowza [smilie=th_cha60] ....was that a strong pine! A little too much for me, actually, so changed to Carol's Dickens Christmas. I'm luvin her jumbo tarts and can try scents before deciding if I want a bag. Which....I usually do. [smilie=th_pardon]

Howdy everyone!

Sweet...I know what you mean about that Gingerbread Applesauce...it is fabulous...and CC Spiced Pumpkin is another [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Gail~ I'd love to see the Sherlock outfit myself...LOL...do you have the pipe as well? :P

Susan~ Thanks for the icing recipe...I've always wanted something like that but never found one.

Melting:

Cake Candle Spiced Pumpkin...YUM! Thanks CF friend!!! This one has been going since yesterday and it still has kick!

Howdy everyone!

Sweet...I know what you mean about that Gingerbread Applesauce...it is fabulous...and CC Spiced Pumpkin is another [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Gail~ I'd love to see the Sherlock outfit myself...LOL...do you have the pipe as well? :P

Susan~ Thanks for the icing recipe...I've always wanted something like that but never found one.

Melting:

Cake Candle Spiced Pumpkin...YUM! Thanks CF friend!!! This one has been going since yesterday and it still has kick!

good morning, all. some snow overnight; very pretty and festive.

sweet, I know I overbought the christmas fur/pine scents which I am not a really huge fan of. I'm trying to use mine up from last year too. :( guess I will have to make a big mental note so as not to buy any next year.

CFTKR orange cream cupcakes in 2 melters-very nice

CFTKR lavender laundry in the BR. nice laundry scent. big throw.

I need to get some things done here today. have groomed 2 dogs last week but have to do my oldest Peanut today. He is a hot mess-noticed him last night. he looks like a furbie and the hair on his buttocks and thighs is longer than I like..he looks like he is wearing MC Hammer pants.(remember those? what were they thinking? eww, 80's fashion)

have a good day, all and happy melting/burning!

Jules, what does Christmas in Paris smell like?sounds interesting!

Jules - I melted my last Cafe in Paris from HoT last week - I figured that was the last one on the planet, LOL!

I think this was my last Cafe in Paris melt too. I waited to pair it up with the Christmas in Paris jar.

Tunisianswife, the CiP jar smells piney but clean too, like a spa pine. I like the scent but it's not very strong.

p.s. I remember the MC Hammer pants. bagover.gif

I traveled back to the U.S. scentwise last night with Can-do - Oklahoma Breeze. Good one too.

This morning I'm back to the same candle jars as before plus melts in:

crosscreek - Vanilla Devotion (from a friend smile.gif)

CFTKR - Rocky Mountain Memories

Did anyone else see the Lunar Eclipse last night? I ran outside in my robe & slippers and had a great view of it. The sky was completely clear here. It was beautiful. Then I ran back in to bed. It was around 3am. after all.

cute128.gif Good Morning!

Melting YC Mistletoe right now....it's really green smelling! I think I will start up another melter with a sweet bakery scent or something spicy to tone down the green-ness of the Mistletoe tart.

The start of another day of endless prep for the BIG DAY...lol Thanks for all the kinds words yesterday...DS's party was fun.

Have a great one everybody!!

PeaceOnEarthSmiley.gif

Debra, I can't imagine the gorgeousness of a Slatkin layered candle. :o

Susan, the vastness of cyberspace wasn't so vast, was it? Too funny that I discovered the exact same URL that you later posted.[smilie=th_smilies-1]

Jules, lucky you to see the eclipse. I bet it was fantastic!

Aria, glad you're feeling brighter today.

Sweet and Maggie, it's not me, but this guy lived in my living room for a lot of years...

IMG_0145_2.jpg

And [smilie=yes] he even has the pipe! And the magnifying glass! [smilie=th_thlaughter]

The rain isn't letting up. Things are just a mess. Since we don't need anymore right now, I feel justified in complaining. I hate rain. [smilie=th_ANGRY_10]

A short side note. Got up this morning before dawn, went into the kitchen for coffee. There in my dog's water dish is a baby toad about an inch long. So darned cute, with his whole body immersed in water and just his little face sticking out. I took him outside and put him under a bush. Hopefully he won't drown! I have no idea how he got in there. Maybe Hobbit carried him in and plopped him in the bowl, but the boy normally has no interest in toads. It's not raining cats and dogs here yet, but it seems to be raining baby toads! [smilie=th_jaja]

Melting Cheryl's Christmas Wish from a CF friend. So strong and pretty! THANK YOU!

Have a really great day today, buddies!

Gail

Aria...love those Christmas cats! I hope to get my wrapping done on Thursday while my daughter is in Charlotte shopping with a friend!

Stocking stuffers for my 18 year old will be gift cards, gum, make-up brushes, Lindt truffles, and that's about it!

Recent melts:

Southern Star satsuma

YC rhubarb plum

Can-Do cinnamon sugar

CHC herbal

House of Soy cranella

YC autumn leaves

YC holiday bayberry

Lasting Scent aphrodisiac

YC black raspberry

sweet, I know I overbought the christmas fur/pine scents which I am not a really huge fan of. I'm trying to use mine up from last year too. :( guess I will have to make a big mental note so as not to buy any next year.

Susan - I miss the scent of a real tree & keep getting them to try and duplicate that. That's my story (excuse) & I'm stickin 2 it. :lol: I took note of your comment about YC's Christmas Wreath & will stick my nose in that jar when I get to the (ugh! [smilie=th_roll] ) mall.

Did anyone else see the Lunar Eclipse last night? I ran outside in my robe & slippers and had a great view of it. The sky was completely clear here. It was beautiful. Then I ran back in to bed. It was around 3am. after all.

Jules - I'm glad you saw it! [smilie=th_dancing_smile] Did your kids get up too? I did wake up at 2:30 and considered hauling my hiney outta bed to catch it. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] I didn't, tho, but should have cuz I just ended up tossing and turning from then on. [smilie=th_sign0164]

Puppy - your Sherlock bear is too cute! [smilie=th_c61] He looks like a big un, or are the pipe and spy glass miniatures? Does he have friends....R U a bear collector?

I'm melting Busy B's Pumpkin Cappucino and it's really good! [smilie=th_200912104451]

OMG Gail...that Sherlock bear is adorable!!!! I can't believe he even has his pipe & magnifying glass!!! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] ...and those shoes...oh how cute!!

Jules...I did not see the lunar eclipse last night but my DD went out at 1am and didn't roll back in till 330am. I'm too old for that!

Caramel Pecan from BH&G...strong and amazing!

[smilie=th_Hello_]

Today I'm melting CFTKR Holiday Relish and Blizzard...both are great!

Candle in Fresh Balsam from slatkin...fantastic!

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone

musicaldeer.gif Hey there!

Getting a lot done...just finished putting up tree #2 in the basement. It's only a 4 ft tree, but fluffing it is sort of a pain. I will let the boys decorate it for me tomorrow. Today is their last day of school until after New Years.

I just started a new tart...Crosscreek's Java Twist and I also lit a candle too...YC White Christmas.

Off to finish wrapping before the boys get home from school. presents.gif

Melting Spruce & Citrus from Scentsy. I'm done shopping and wrapping; just need to make a few more goodies and clean my house before my in-laws get here on Thursday!

Thanks, Maggie and Sweet. Yes, DH and I used to collect bears. He was even more into them than I was. We eventually sold Sherlock and all but one of his friends to another collector. Sherlock is large, over 3' tall. He's antique, with antique clothes and accessories. His magnifying glass and pipe are the real deal, as is his pocket watch. His shoes are very old children's shoes. Can't you just imagine him out searching for that layered Slatkin candle? Fun to think about, eh? [smilie=th_smilies-1]

Here's the bear we still have. DH couldn't part with him, as this cutie's always been DH's fave.

IMG_0144_2.jpg

I'm melting FM's Plumberry Spice and watching the weather report. Our local riverbed is usually dry. As odd as it sounds, normally the water flows underground. Today it's 17 feet deep in places. [smilie=th_thConfus_55]

I hope everybody's having a nice afternoon.

Gail

Gail, those bears are darling! and all antique. wow. (sweats are more comfy, huh?) :)

Skylar, we must have alot of the same noses. I too love Blizzard and Holiday Relish; it lasts a looong time. and also LOVE Slatkin fir and balsam. very nice, not fakey pine smelling.

sounds like everyone is getting things done as the week starts to wind up.

switched out to CFTKR winter sensations(I think that is the name),in 2 melters and relit my YC berries and cedar votive, added YC Mountain Pine to my Jackel tlight melter. smells nice in here.

Mpfand - glad to C U here! [smilie=th_wave] I wondered about U when I saw that Las Vegas was getting flash floods, too.

Puppy - awwww...what a bonny wee Scot's bear! :wub: But, it probably isn't small....look at the size of those feet! :blink: Is that one an antique, too? You don't live near that dangerously high river, do U? I hope no one does!

My afternoon melt was CFTKR's Welcome Home - great as always. Have now put on Cozy Cottage's Chocolate Chip Cookies. I don't melt too many chocolate ones, but the cold sniff smelled so much like the real deal, and I should be in the kitchen baking instead of playing on the 'puter [smilie=th_pardon] , that I thought I'd try and fool myself into thinking that I'm accomplishing something. [smilie=th_paper-bag]