The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

Melting MAYhem

What a bummer to lose you on the forum, Denny, but hopefully you can pop in now and then for a quick hello!

Melting Sea Harbor by YC this evening. I just blew out my YC Sun and Sand tumbler because the wind is kicking up and all our windows are open.

Morning melts:

FM - Pink Parade in 2 melters

Currently burning:

Last of OV Wild Cherry

Slatkin - Summer Melon

Tonight's melts:

CFTKR - Summer Watermelon

CCCC - Luv Bug

I'm ending the day with Carol's Mac Apple & Caramelized Pralines. Wow, great scent!

Denny, stop in and say 'hi.'

Maggie, wish I could have been there to tempt you to get that candle! I really liked it and want to purchase more when I whittle down some stash.

Today was:

Can Do - Pumpkin Bread Pudding, Pumpkin Bread (both very good)

Kim's - Spiced Pumpkin Pie (too much spice for me)

SSS - Kiwi Watermelon (nice and sweet), Watermelon Wine (juicy), Sassafrass, Marie's Pink Cookies (favorite), Jasmine, Chaps My A$$, Big Mama's House (I smell apples? Gotta check the scent description)

Autumn Candles - Lemon Pound Cake candle (yummmm)

LOL - Sticky Jellybean Cupcake (yum)

CCS - Peppermint Dreams (creamy peppermint)

Cheryl's - 7Up Pound Cake (niiiiice)

Hope everyone has a good night.

I have inflamed sinus's ~ UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ~ Can't smell much of anything. Didn't keep me from placing an order with Josie's Attic and Angle Made Scents though [smilie=th_biggestgrin] Also, really thinking about getting some of those 8 ounce candles from Nellies Acres that are on sale for $4 each. That's a great deal!

Going to another doctor at 9 thismorning. Waking up every morning with horrible headaches and face hurting all over in my sinuses.(sp?) Something has got to give here!!!!!

Last night I melted SSS Texas Breeze...it was okay, but not a reorder for me.

I am having a hard time getting the wax to pop out of the melter...even after putting it in the freezer! Anyone else have this problem with SSS? This isn't the first time it's happened. I think I will have to partially remelt and then dump the tart out.

Right now I am melting Nene's Wedding Bouquet...really pretty and sort of strong too.

Denim~ Hope you feel better soon and that the doctor can give you some relief!

Aria~ I am not sure about the SSS tarts....I have not melted one and let it cool recently...I have been dumping while liquid. Sorry.

Melting:

All Crosscreek today!

Spiced Apple Fritters all over....smells delicious even though its a strange scent for this heat! [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Denim: I hope your doctor can find something to help your sinuses. Have you tried a neti pot?This helps a lot of people with sinus issues. This morning I am melting AMS-Sweet Strawberry. BigRed; The guys in my house are the same way...They really do like the scents and notice or wonder what is wrong when I am not melting or burning something. I hope everyone has a great day. It is going to be another warm one today.

Hi everyone. Melting: Roses by bridewater

Remelting: Strawberry & Cream by donny's tart mart

Sheer Gardenia by yc

Candle: Cool Lime by Belle Aurora

Susan

Denim, it sounds like you have a sinus infection. No wonder you can't smell a thing! You must be miserable. Hope the doc was able to help out!

This morning I was burning the YC Garden Mint three-wick tumbler I got at the YC clearance sale this morning. The melt pool was fantastic, but it didn't pump out quite as much scent as I expected, or at least the fragrance was softer than I expected. Now I am burning YC Sun and Sand, one of my all time favorites for summertime!

Denny-Please check in once in awhile. We will miss you here!

Susan-Nice to see you posting.

Aria-I always have that problem with SSS tarts. They are the only vendor that won't come out of my melter without remelting. I also would not reorder the Texas Breeze. It was nice but just not my type of scent. I always enjoy Kim's tarts but just wish they were easier for me to get out of the melter.

Cyn-I always enjoy reading what you have melted in one day. How do you do it? Do you leave the scents on while you are at work. How many melters do you use? I usually have3 melters going at once but try to coordinate scents because the rooms are not too far apart.

Today's melts are CYS Citrus Butercream Cupcakes, LOL Cotton Candy Confection, and LOL Sweet Commotion.

I am using tealight melters tonight. I can't remember the last time I used them. It reminds me how much I like the candlelight.

[smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Hi there CF'ers! Last half-day of school today and the kids and I are ushering in summer vacation with an afternoon dip in the pool (water is a little cold yet for me but the kids didn't care) and melting YC's Sun & Sand! Also burning Pure Scents Beach House. I'm so glad to be done with the crazy school/activity schedule for a couple of months.....I might actually get reacquainted with my wax with a little more time at home now.

Have a great night.

This afternoon I'm melting Strawberry Rhubarb Pie from Bella's. I'm not a fan of strawberry scents, but this was a freebie so I decided to try it out. It's actually pretty good. I can smell the rhubarb, which I really like.

Hi buddies,

I'm melting SSS Buttercream Crunch today. Crazy busy around here but I had to pop in to see what's up with everybody.

Aria, I dump tarts while they're still liquid so I don't have that problem. I do have a teeny bit of difficulty getting a new SSS tart out of the cup sometimes though.

Denim, feel better soon. That sounds dreadful, poor girl.

Gail

Denny, take care -- you'll be missed! I barely have time to post myself these days, so I totally understand your situation.

Tonight is a NeNe's night at my house -- Cotton Candy Icing upstairs and Butter Cake downstairs. Delicious! And unfortunately, the last of these scents...guess I'll have to order more!

[smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Holy cow. I am so hard to please today...and cranky to boot.

After buzzing through several different melts that just didn't cut it today, I finally settled on two for the evening.

Full Moon - Lemon Grass in the kitchen

Swan Creek - Dutch Apple Pie in the bedroom

Here's to a better day tomorrow.

Good evening!

I'm melting Carol's Blackberry Jam Butter Cookie/White Cake combo. It's fantastic! I'm also burning YC's New Zealand Wild Berry.

I was a little disappointed with the YC sale today.

Candlefan - I've had 3 of those 3-wick candles (Cherry Lemonade, Egg Nog, and Seaside Holiday). The first two gave off lots of scent. I guess Fresh Mint is a lighter scent. I have a 1 wick candle in that scent but I haven't burned it yet.

Denim - Feel better!

Strawberry Rhubard Pie had to go. It was ok for awhile, but it didn't mix well with the fish I cooked for dinner. Now I'm melting Sunkissed Citrus from Scentsy.

Earlier today I melted Nene's Tulips and enjoyed that.

Then I switched to CBV Marshmallow Campfire. This is a very popular scent among CBV fans, but I have to say it just wasn't for me. I like outdoorsy scents and I like marshmallow, just not together. I ended up taking this one out of the melter after less than a half hour.

I will add this to the scents I have up for swap or giveaway (half of the 2 oz tart is fresh and the other half was melted only for a short time and has lots of scent left in it).

Now I am melting CFTKR Pink Sugared Cranberry.

Good eveing all!

Tonight I have one called Key Lime Cake - but no vendor name. I have a couple of tarts from Fragrant Memories in that drawer, but this looks different. Maybe a sample?

Morning melts were:

CFTKR - Green Tea

CFTKR - Citrus Cilantro

Evening melts are:

Kim's - Strawberry White Cake

Kim's - Birthday Cake

Denim, I hope you feel better soon.

Aria, I dump my tarts out while hot, so I can't be of much help. I have noticed that the SSS tarts are sometimes hard to get out of the cups.

Michele, I do keep my melters on 24/7. I love being greeted by the scents when I come home. I dump right away if I don't like something and I change out others frequently. I melt or burn in 9 different spots, a total of 13 melters. My most open space has 4 melters going with the same scent there. Otherwise the scents stay pretty much contained...unless I get a really strong scent, which I always like! [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Today was:

SSS - Chai Tea, Vanilla Pound Cake (soooo good!), Island Heat (good), Bite Me (fruity and good)

Kim's - Fresh Coffee (nice - I see why Cisley likes this one)

Unknown - Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcake

Autumn Candles - Lemon Pound Cake candle

Brenda's - Himalayan Bamboo (great green scent), Kettle Corn (very buttery - this is really good), Coffee Crisp (can't smell anything)

CCCC - Honey Butter Hot Rolls (yeasty and makes my mouth water)