The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

Melting MAYhem

Hi again everyone...

This afternoon's melt is White Cake from Crosscreek....I've been on a bakery kick lately.

Trep, I have a YC Strawberry Buttercream tart in my stash....think I'll melt that one next...thanks for the inspiration!!!

sillys, good luck on the WW thingy. I've never done WW, but I know many who have had great success with their program. As for me....no will power whatsoever. I eat whatever I want, but in moderation. I also like to be physically active, so that helps too. Good luck to you and your DH.

Kim, glad you are getting your vehicle fixed. A fire would be a BAD thing!

Afternoon All!

Melting Good Karma from WnS...need some after a long day!

Sillys~ That's a good idea about the BG scents! I was just thinking the other day that it would be so great if some other vendor sold Forver Alice or anything that smells like it! Does anyone know of someone?

Sweet~ Cincinnati, you say? I'll take that into consideration.... [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Hi everybody,

DH is home safe and sound. Good to have him back where he belongs. [smilie=th_cc8]

Started the day with what was left of Candle Dippers' Jungle Juice. Boy, that was a good 'un! [smilie=snoopy] Now it's LOL's Watermelon Taffy and it's out of this world wonderful! :P Bad news is I can't find it on their website. [smilie=th_slider_flirt] Ohhhh, the highs and lows of wax addiction!

Gail

Unfortunately that didn't last long, Silly. The dish teetered off the tongs and came crashing down. Now I have a wax spill to clean up.

But this has not deterred me. I'm now using a mug I purchased and the coffee pot. Necessity being the mother of invention and all...

Time & Again - Caramel Cake mixed with Country Apple. Interesting mix.

we have a new girl at work. I brought her a bunch of tarts from different vendors and today she brought me melts from Tyler. Melted Dolce vita all day at work and I AM IN LOVE with this scent!~

Home now to Downy from Tara's, grape from Cottage Hill, and Mountain Lake from Country Heart Candles.

Sillys~ That's a good idea about the BG scents! I was just thinking the other day that it would be so great if some other vendor sold Forver Alice or anything that smells like it! Does anyone know of someone?

MaggieMae - I would be sooooo happppeeeee if she sold her scent recipes to someone. [smilie=snoopy] My fave from BG was Vanilla Almond Twist. [smilie=th_slider_flirt] CYS & Busy B do custom scents, so we might have to give them a try duplicating our faves. Maybe Deana would be willing to try, too.

But this has not deterred me. I'm now using a mug I purchased and the coffee pot. Necessity being the mother of invention and all...

Cyn - [smilie=th_cc8] Good thinking! :P Hope you can find time to do a lil shopping and find a new melter.

Melting CFTKR's Pastry Delights. Mmmm...bakery goodness!

Hello!

I'm melting Carol's Oatmeal Cookie. Boy, do I love this one! I'm burning YC's Black Cherry. Earlier I melted Carol's Orange juice Cake.

For those of you interested in having scents duplicated.

There was mention that Busy Bee might do this. I am sure that Doc would do his best. This is the experience that I had with a duplication that Doc did for me several years ago.. I am sure that many of you are familiar with the scent Banana Ivy. This was a scent that they duplicated for me. However, the name was changed, but the vendor no longer makes it or tarts. I told Donna about it and I offered to send her a tart (I still had 2 left) so that they could smell it. Offering them this little bit of help made a world of difference and resulted in an exact duplication, which I understand has become a favorite of many of their customers.

So if anyone can spare a tart that certainly will help. It is difficult to duplicate a scent if you do not know what proportions are present or what other possible notes might be in the mix. Good luck and I hope your results are as successful as mine if you go this route.

Blue Gecko blended and named most of her scents. Most are quite intricate and consists of many different notes even in the simplest of scents. I was a tester for her and often tested the same scent over and over until I was picking up the necessary notes and their strength and length of melt were aa she wanted.

Skylar...Thanks for the info on Kim's Mac Apple. I will add it to my next order.

Becky...I love SSS Cinnamon Cupcake too. Sooo good!

This evening I've been melting CYS - Baked Lemon Vanilla. lemon.gif This one is strong and very lemony.

Hi all -- today I finished my last final for the spring semester!!

[smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJackie_vi7]

Here are the scents I've been melting lately:

CBV Palm Island

GHBT Yacht Club

HoT Pink Peppermint Noel Cupcakes

I am very excited about this weekend: DH and I are going to the movie Date Night tomorrow and visiting a potential kitty to adopt on Saturday. Yay!

Good morning [smilie=th_blij51] Happy Friday!

It's going to be a rainy day here....boo

First melt of the day is Carol's Banana Cream Pie.....a new one for me. I just turned the melter on...hoping for some yummy whiffs very shortly!

Christy, I know you are so happy to be done! Enjoy the movie and hope the new kitty is just perfect! [smilie=th_clap1]

Denny, baked lemon vanilla sounds delicious....I love lemon scents. :lol:

slpit, wow, good information! You are so helpful. [smilie=th_blij81]

ladylcl, isn't that Stawberry Buttercream droolworthy? [smilie=th_Drglar]

LLVV, I have melted Carol's Oatmeal Raisin Cookie and love it, just wish it were a little stronger....is that one you melted the same?

cbgirl, kettle corn and almond macaroon sounds like a yummy combination. [smilie=th_c2e41937]

I have a hair appt this morning....need a cut badly!

Have a great day! [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Good Morning!

I haven't been here as much as I would like lately but I have been extremely busy. Went to PA yesterday to pick DD up from college. I can't believe the semester is over already!

Now to find a place for the 2 carloads of stuff we brought back!

This weekend I have lots of unpacking to do. I am moving some stuff into my beach house that we just finished remodeling. I hope to get a lot done but DD and I will probably go there later in the week to do some more unpacking.

My overnight melt yesterday was Antique Lace from GHBT. I loved this one but it was no longer on her scent list. Melting YC Caribbean Fruit. Nice scent but on the light side. Most of my YC tarts are quite old. I tend not to buy too many YC tarts as the online vendors are so less expensive.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676] :lol:

Congrats, Cmarie! I hope you enjoy the movie. Sounds like fun.

Michele, I love that Antique Lace scent, too. Too bad it's not on the scent list anymore.

This morning it's:

Time & Again - Country Apple. Nice.

Tonight I'll be back home will all my smellies. I am sooooo glad!

Happy Friday everyone!

Hi everyone. Today I'm finishing up a couple of tarts. Sugar & CutiePie Cupcake by Scentsy, going to mix this. Hope everyone has a great Friday.

Susan

Late night melts were:

CFTKR - Fresh Picked Strawberry

CFTKR - White Cake

Morning Melts:

CFTKR - Sugar Cookie/Cinnamon Buns

SSS - Vanilla Berry

SSS - Chai Ti

Today I'm melting

CFTKR Peach White Cake

Can-do Perfect Pineapple

Kim's Hot Apple Pie

Have a great day everyone!

Hi!

I'm melting Carol's Danish Pastry this morning. I haven't melted this one in ages. I love it. Downstairs I'm melting Caribbean. I had my Early Sunrise candle burning for a little while too.

Aria, yes, I love that Oatmeal Cookie! ITA, a little stronger would be nice.