The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DebbieT

January's Happy New Scents

I forgot to mention that I got my new burners from YC. They are prettier in person.

I got the 1 piece glass mosaic burner (the white one) and the 1 piece glass butterfly one.

Jason--I've been watching the radar and it looks like you are getting slammed bad down there. Let us know how things are when you can, OK? Nancy[/quote/]

Actually, it wasn't as horrible as it could have been, at least in Oklahoma City. We were supposed to get freezing rain all day, which it did do for awhile, before turning to sleet, which apparently isn't as bad. Unlike the Christmas Eve storm; most people stayed home today, so it wasn't the mess the other storm was. We are supposed to get a few inches of snow tonight and tomorrow before it's all said and done. Thanks for checking on me!

I've been melting YC Home Sweet Home all day, and now I'm melting Can-Do's Glade Glistening Snow, and burning SH's Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies (not in the same room).

Thank you everyone for all the well wishes. It means a lot to me. The first dialysis went well. My mom stayed in the hospital overnight and will have another treatment this morning.

I am just catching up on the boards this morning as I didn't get home from the hospital until late last night. My sister is coming from NJ today to help out.

I didn't get a chance to melt yesterday but I am heading out in a bit so maybe later.

I hope everyone has a great Friday!!

good morning, all.

Michele, glad the first treatment went well. nice your sister is coming to help out.

Jason, freezing rain is the scariest. you just have no control on that ice. glad that it was not as bad as predicted.

LLVV, I was looking at the catalog this morning. I love all the birds.

CFTKR-cinnamon streudel, burning GoldCanyon sweet cinnabons and Sugar&Spice gingerbread applesasuce

bath-burning CBV cleopatra's closet

BR-slatkin winter candle on the melter

have a good friday, all.

First thing I did this morning was light a candle and turn on my tart warmer! I'm burning Haley's Coconut Hibiscus. I guess I am dreaming of the tropics! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffee]

Glad it went well Michele!

Remelted Sleighbells but it's very soft so I changed it for an old one from AMS called Country Vanilla. Love the combo of vanilla and coconut. MMMMMMM!

Hi there! It's still freezing cold here.....

I am melting a new scent I got from Carol and it is AWESOME! It's called Ambrosia Vanilla Bomb and it smells soooooo good! On cold sniff, I smelled a strong peach note, but now that it has melted I don't smell much peach at all....just a really nice scent and hard to describe. I see a bag of this one in my future for sure! Anyone else try it yet? LLVV??

Jason: Glad the weather isn't as bad as expected. My fear with sleet and ice is that the power will go off for more than a few hours. This morning I am melting from Carol -Cedar Chest. I love Cedar Scents . This is a very lovely, soft, scent and I had to look at the description, but yes, I am smelling peaches with the cedar wood. It sounds like an odd combo, but it really is very nice. This is a soft scent, not the normal "cedar chest " smell. This is my store day, so I'll check in later. Have a good day.

Good morning!

ilovescentedthings - I'm glad to hear that your mom is doing well with her treatment.

Aria, Yes, that is a great scent. I have a bag of it. Do you like YC's Almond Cookie??? Get yourself a bag of her Almond Macaroon. OMG, it's soooo yummy! It smells exactly like YC's Almond Cookie, which I'm in love with.

This morning I'm remelting Better Than S..x from Carol. It's a great chocolate scent. I detect a little cherry...maybe. I'm also burning YC's Cinnamon Toast.

DH is away on a business trip and is also visiting his parents for a couple of days since his trip was very close to where his family lives. I spoke with him today and he told me to go to YC and get something for myself. Wow...wow...wubbzy! I'm thinking of getting one of their new metal jar holders. It looks so pretty. I also want to get Strawberry Buttercream.

Sweet: It sure is.. It's one of our ferals. She sits on top of the chimney or at another spot on the roof. We have houses for them, but I guess she likes it up there.

Smart kitty, Katz! She's probably getting the heat from it. [smilie=th_fabulous1] I've seen one of my ferals on the roof lately and am now wondering if she does the same thing. I've got those cover thingys (technical term [smilie=th_c61] ) on top of the chimneys, tho, so I'm not sure. I've got a house w/straw, but, like yours, she's not choosing to use it. [smilie=th_c61] Go figure.

Jason - glad the storm wasn't terrible for U. Being in the south, I had no idea OK got such a mix of winter weather. [smilie=th_c61]

Michele - having her family around her will help your mom a lot. [smilie=th_balloons]

Melting Cheryl's Pumpkin Crunch Cake - luv it!

:oops:

Happy Friday! Kids have a half day so I'm working my afternoon hours in the morning before I have to pick them up. I'm melting Mulberry (Tuscadero's) and Cracklin' Birch (whatever wax vendor sells at Hobby Lobby - Just discovered these)......Earlier I burned a candle from Cheryl - Home Sweet Home (YC dupe).

I'm going to make some Good Earth tea and get to typing!

Today I'm burning my Crossroads Buttered Maple Syrup and YC Lemon Zest. Melting a sample from Carol called Blowing Bubbles...very nice...will have to order a bag of these.

Has anyone seen those Scentsy-like melters and fragrance cubes at Walmart?

Olive, that sounds like a nice scent.

Lady, I haven't been to walmart in ages. what's the prices like?

no snow here, but cold as blazes. plenty of candles going.

CBV Breakfast in Vermont, GC sweet cinnabons, Goose Creek Angel kiss, and just plopped a gingerbread and apples in the melter from CCCC

pet odor eliminator in Apple Cobbler in the kitchen. honestly these are good candles. lol throw well, this scent doesn't have the odor eliminator smell, and burn so clean and evenly they are a para-soy blend, and manufacturer is Pet specialty Products.

TTMS dragon's blood in the BR

TTMS-laundry day in the bath

seems like these TTMS are starting to scent a bit more. thanks for the tip on waiting, I think it was Maggie or Sweet, maybe? sorry can't remember.

I just got back from snowy Utah. I dont ski, so I went shopping! I found a candle from Hobble Creek Candles (new for me) It is Apple Berry Cider. I started it this morning and it just might be my new favorite! Its like YCs Apple Cider, with a fruity twist. Delicious!!

Debbie

Good afternoon....koffietheechoco50075.gif

LLVV, okay girl, I am adding Coconut Macaroon to my wish list along with that Ambrosia Vanilla Bomb...I do love YC Almond Cookie!

Susan, must smell fantastic over at your place...all of those scents sound heavenly. Hope you are lovin' that Goose Creek candle....they are great candles as is GC.

Afternoon scents over here are Crosscreek Celtic Moonspice....love, love, love and I am getting ready to fire up Sugar Crunch Latte from Carol....I think these two scents will blend nicely.

Upstairs I have Nene's Wedding Bouquet melting....such a beautiful, light floral. I mostly smell the lilac and jasmine, but there are also green notes in it too....really a smooth scent. Love it for the bedroom or bath.

That's about it for now....

Welcome back, DebbieT. Candle shopping sounds like a fun thing to do in Utah to me. Good find.

This evening I'm melting:

Southern Star Scents - Cowgirls & Pearls

Candles from the Keeping Room - Tropical Green Apple