The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DebbieT

January's Happy New Scents

with Mccalls can you only buy them thru a retailer? or can you purchase from them directly?

I love~ I usually purchase mine from www.Tartburners.com because finding a store that sells them is nearly impossible by me. Every country store I find ends up closing up shop. [smilie=th_m4t3zo4] Tartburners sells the melts for $1.29, 26oz candles for $21.99, 16oz candles for $17.99. They have a pretty good selection of candles and they carry pretty much every scent in melts. The only thing is they do not wrap the tarts and if you get different scents they will all be in the same bag so it's hard to tell which scent is which...I know that stinks.

Started melting Gobble, Gobble, Gobble from Bella's this morning but it was soooo strong that it was overpowering the meatloaf in the crockpot and the mixture of scents was very yucky. Off it went.

:P Everyone !!!!

I have been so busy lately I haven't had much time to be on the computer. Haven't stopped burning or melting, just no time to tell everyone about them.

As soon as I came home from work today I lit Cinnamon Gingerbread Latte from CBV [smilie=th_hmph] This has been a favorite of mine for a long time. A great scent throw. I only have a votive burning in my living room and it is taking care of this room perfectly.

I also started melting Creme Brulee from County Home Scents. This one is just okay to me.

Tartburners sells the melts for $1.29, 26oz candles for $21.99, 16oz candles for $17.99. They have a pretty good selection of candles and they carry pretty much every scent in melts. The only thing is they do not wrap the tarts and if you get different scents they will all be in the same bag so it's hard to tell which scent is which...I know that stinks.

I got mine from Tartburners, too. It drives me nutz that all the different scents come packaged together w/no labeling. [smilie=th_hmph] It helps a little to take note of which scent is which color when playing the 'what the heck is this one? game. :roll:

Melting a Cozy Cottage tart in Sugar Corn Pudding from a generous CF friend. :P Yummers...absolutely edible!

good eve, all.

burning GC sweet cinnabons and melting CBV buttery caramel but I'm smelling peppermint and florals. :P I don't like ziplock bags for tarts, many are tainted. earlier melted caramelized pralines which is so yummy and didn't smell like a candy cane or flower.

bath-breath of Ireland. strong

BR-CBV sugared spruce and blue sugar=blue spruce. very nice.

Tunisian, that is really a bummer about your tainted tarts. How frustrating! [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Sweet, that's so goofy to package different scents together. And no labels? Well, that's just plain wrong. [smilie=th_hema1]

I'm burning Cider from WoodWick. Nice tart scent, pretty decent throw, and a lovely sound. [smilie=th_aa17]

Gail

Gail, I still want to try one of those woodwicks if nothing else, for the sound. I've almost caved in BBB and TJ Maxx but haven't.

CBV Elvis in the melter. this was a scent shot and golly I love this. pb and banana but the banana is not strong which is good. I'm not all that fond of banana scents. yummy!

overnight melts:

Haley's sinfully hot...moderate

YC water garden...love this scent, but it didn't last but about an hour

Just started:

CHC red velvet cake...already yummy

GHBT tulip

Good Morning All!

Started the morn off with Pistachio Muffins from Bella's but it smells sort of burnt so I switched it for Zucchini Bread from SSS.

Have a nice one.

good morning all.

Dabba, I loved water garden. haven't had it in melts but that was one YC scent in candle that threw so great in my house.

CFTKR-warm gingerbread and apples

bath-remelting CBV breath of Ireland

BR-CBV night blooming Jasmine

have a good day all. already taken the morning walk. we got snow overnight. not alot so all is good for drivers this am. ran out of coffee (I think that is the first time in years!) so walked to the store.

Guest ilovescentedthings

with Mccalls can you only buy them thru a retailer? or can you purchase from them directly?

I love~ I usually purchase mine from www.Tartburners.com because finding a store that sells them is nearly impossible by me. Every country store I find ends up closing up shop. [smilie=th_1_bigone110] Tartburners sells the melts for $1.29, 26oz candles for $21.99, 16oz candles for $17.99. They have a pretty good selection of candles and they carry pretty much every scent in melts. The only thing is they do not wrap the tarts and if you get different scents they will all be in the same bag so it's hard to tell which scent is which...I know that stinks.

Started melting Gobble, Gobble, Gobble from Bella's this morning but it was soooo strong that it was overpowering the meatloaf in the crockpot and the mixture of scents was very yucky. Off it went.

Thanks MaggieMae for the information. I found one store that has them but only have a few scents and they are larger jars. Ummm maybe I don't want to try something that large for the first time. And I want to pick my scents out.. off to go peek at their website. What are your favorites? oh my they don't wrap them up? doesnt everything start smelling the same?