The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DebbieT

January's Happy New Scents

came home last night and put a creme brulee tart from dew drop scents (off ebay) in the master bath. It stunk so bad we had to cut it off and it kept lingering so we closed the bedroom door and slept on the couches. It was like a dirty diaper. HORRID!

I put several GHBT's in apple orchid in several different melters around the house and finally got the scent out. I have thrown all of those tarts out! don't think i will ever be able to melt another creme brulee from anyone again.

Today I still have the apple orchards going and I am burning a Yankee Candle in cherry lemonaid.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday. I've got to get my butt on that treadmill.. [smilie=th_fear8]

denimsway-That is too bad about the creme brulee. That does not sound pleasant!

I just put on 3 blueberry scents-

CHS Blueberry Muffins

YC Blueberry Scones

CFTKR Blueberry Vanilla Bomb Pie

[smilie=th_fear8]

Sharonana: I'm so sorry about your loss. Melt, reflect, and heal....

This morning I have started Southern Alchemy candle in Moroccan Spice. I'm doing some cleaning today. Have a good one, I'm hoping to see some sunshine today.

Jason: Your Mom is one cool lady.

Denim: I had enough dirty diaper smell when my boys were little. Not a pleasant smell to walk into.

Sharonana, I enjoyed your memory so much! I am so sorry for your loss.

Jason - your mom rocks! What flavors??

Speaking of Scentsy, tonight is Mysterious.

Debra, I got Cinnamon Cider, Orange Dreamsicle and Holiday Kiss. Cinnamon Cider was just reviewed on CF...I am hoping I find it stronger than she did. The cold smell is sure yummy!

Jason, what a nice gift from your mom. do enjoy. do you also do melts? for some reason, I was thinking you mostly do all candles.

Denim, OMG No! I think that one is right up there with the Italian dinner parmesan melt, the burning rubber tart, and lest we forget the baby barf/rancid butter buttercreams. how awful! eww. How are the rest of the tarts from Dew Drop?

starting this am with CCCC Monster Munch. so strong and yum. also burning CBV breakfast in Vermont

CFTKR-tropical white musk in bedroom

CBV-Sophie Belle candle in bath

have a good day, all

Sharon,

I'm sorry for you loss. It is wonderful that you have fond memories of your friend.

I'm melting Haley's Sage and Citrus. This is one of my favorites.

Good Morning. [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffee]

Denim~ EEEWWW! That is some scent if you had to sleep on the couch!!! Yikes. Glad you finally got it out of the house. [smilie=th_puke]

Jason~ Lucky you. Great Mom.[smilie=th_fear8]

Melting:

Prairie Kitchen from Country Button in every room. Love this one.

Have a great day all.

Good morning!

Sharon, my sympathies and condolences to you. I know how hard it is to suddenly lose a dear friend. I wish you peace and fond memories...

Jason, do you think your mom might adopt me? I'll be a really good DD. :P

Denim, that is a horror story! [smilie=th_1_bigone110] [smilie=th_blij81]

I'm melting LOL's Welcome Home. The SUN IS OUT this morning!

:lol:

Gail

Hello everyone! KittyWhiteHearts.gif

I have two melters going right now....Nene's Cranapple Spice which is fantastic and Carol's Sugar Crunch Latte` which I just put on so nothing yet.

I am going to do some baking and cleaning today. Going to bake an apple pie...yum.

Hope it's a great Saturday for everyone! TOODLEPIP.gif

Sharonana - I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved friend. Sounds like your families enriched each others lives. Prayers for comfort and peace for your combined families. [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Puppy - glad to hear your weather is finally clearing! [smilie=th_blij81]

Aria - Carol's Sugar Crunch Latte is sooooo good! :P

This morning I've been melting HOT's Cafe In Paris from a buddy (TY! :lol: ) and burning my ACG candle in Vanilla Chai.

Everyone, have a great weekend! [smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20waving]

Good morning! It is nice to be able to start the day with my candlefind buddies instead of trying to catch up at bedtime! [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

I think I also have an "off" bunch of tarts from Haley's. I ordered for an office mate - and while some are just fine, the green cotton candy one smells like it has a caramel smell. It would be caramel apples - if there was any apple, LOL! So..now I am not sure I want to give them to her. I may need to email...

Today I am melting EW Raindrop - quite appropriate, I might add!

and

a really old Illumnations candle from their Summer Vacations line - Brazilian Carnival. (lime).

I think I also have an "off" bunch of tarts from Haley's. I ordered for an office mate - and while some are just fine, the green cotton candy one smells like it has a caramel smell. It would be caramel apples - if there was any apple, LOL! So..now I am not sure I want to give them to her. I may need to email...

Debra ~

I did contact Janet (Haley's) about my order and she was very apologetic. She also said she had not received any other complaints so that it must have been just something with my order. However, it appears that at least 3 of us have had a similar experience in the last couple of weeks, so it has to be more than just my order. It probably would be good to let her know so she can try to figure out what's going on.

Just curious... other than the buttercream tarts with the rancid odor that others have also recognized, all of the items of mine that had the odd smell were her palm wax. Is that the case with you or any other people who have received bad orders from Haley's?

Doris

Doris~

You are some detective! I just pulled out the tarts that I have left and 4 that smell strange are all palm.(Maple Sugar, Oatmeal Raisin Cookie, Buttermilk Pancakes, Pralines & Cream) The one that smells great is parafin. (Amish) I threw a bunch out but I do think you are onto something with the palm. I am pretty sure that some of the lousy ones were palm because I remember being happy that they would pop out when cooled but I never got the chance...I ended up dumping shortly after melting. I feel awkward writing Haley's now since it's been a month since I got my order. I just thought this was not my kind of vendor. It's good to know that this is not her usual product.

Hi

I didnt have a chance to catch with the boards for a while.

Can somebody update me what happened with the Sales section? As I dont see it for couple of days already.

Burning my brand new 2-wick YC Early Sunrise.

Sharon, so sorry for the loss of your friend. [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Jason, what a sweet mom you have! Which melter did you get?

Melting Caramel Spice from Scentsy. We're about to head out for the day to celebrate DH's birthday. Sun and beautiful blue skies have replaced the rain and clouds we had all week. The rain was much needed, but I'm glad to see the sun again.

mp, enjoy your outing for hubby's birthday.

maggie, I know I got the buttermilk pancakes in the darling pinecones about a week before christmas and they smell sooo good. very strong and yummy. a fav. from her. so since you got yours in palm and it was about the same time frame, I'm wondering. I did order some palm but only melted one so far-poison pie. i don't recall anything unusual about it but it wasn't for me. thought it would be.

changed out the bath candle to cbv echoes of the orient.

sorry for the bad smells you've all experienced.

Hmmm...deezee - my funky scent is not one of the palm wax ones. It is such a strong caramel scent it seems like there is a mix up. Has anyone tried the green apple cotton candy (non palm) and if so - what does it smell like?

Now scurrying off to test the palm scents...

Can somebody update me what happened with the Sales section? As I dont see it for couple of days already.

Desert - go to the 'forum rules' section and read the post about 'active members'. You may need to contact Cyn.

Currently melting Cheryl's Lemon Drop Cookie. Mmmmm.....lemon and cookies [smilie=th_1_bigone110] ....fantastic combination! Luv it - definite reorder.

Still melting Carol's Sugar Crunch Latte`...you are so right about this one sweet&spicy....it's very, very good! I have it in a lower wattage melter and it's just perfect.....not too strong! It is blending nicely with the apple pie aroma from the oven!