The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

October's Fragrance Festival

I got to spend the day with my best friend and she gave me some Scentsy melts in Honey Pear Cider. I didn't have a regular tart burner with me so I got out my emergency electric candle warmer and one of Dad's pyrex dishes and boy does it ever smell great in here.

I also have my Dollar General Gingerbread candle going.

I won't be on tomorrow as we are going to my sister's for Dad's birthday party. Have a great weekend everyone.

PS-- Thanks everyone for the good wishes about the weather and the BD celebration.

Good morning! We have a little blizzard going on right now, it's crazy! But it is keeping my sister -in-law from coming home, so I am bummed. [smilie=th_00000020]

Not having so much luck with melties today either. I tried Cando's Candy Apple, and got absolutely no throw, and then we put in Candledipper's White Tea and Ginger, and it's not very impressive either. Has anyone else had any trouble with Cando's melts not keeping scent after being stored? These are from last spring, and like I said... not much scent at all.

Darling, I love your avatar!

I have some CanDo tarts that are mighty old and they do throw...but I think it depends on the scent. I tried an old Applesuce Cake the other day and nothing.

have had fun melting today. rainy weather and just blah outside.

Bedroom-CCCC sweet cravings. I LOVE this scent. so strong and so nice

Bath-CFTKR Christmas something but it is a very nice scent and not typical christmas

LR-Nene's butterscotch brulee(mmmm, good) and YC cupcakes -nice throw

I'm embarassed to say that I've found some tarts that must be at least 2 years old so now I'm on a mission to go through my inventory and burn the old ones away. First up is:

Pure Indulgent (runny scent shot where the oil has seperated) in Almond Poundcake - we'll see...

Gramma Frans Fixins Cinnamon Doughnuts - eh.

And something without a name, crushed beyond recognition but reminiscent of Fall Harvest - not bad.

I have a feeling this is round one of several, lol!

Have a good night, all!

Me too, send...way too many oldsters around here!

Seems like there is just not enough time to get things done right now - and of course the YC catalog shows up in the middle of this... but of course I HAD to stop and look through it, LOL! I wanted to call them and tell them to just start on the first page and keep going - start shipping stuff to my address!

Tonight is HL - Huckleberry from a buddy! [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Springhouse - Opium - I usually don't get perfumes, but did this time - this little feller has a throw and a half.

Hi Everyone!

I am not getting much melting done this week. Everything is just so busy lately.

Everyone sounds like they melted some great scents. My friend's DD goes to college in Scranton. I already told her I will take a ride there one day so we can go to LOL.

I hope everyone starts feeling better soon.

I'm embarassed to say that I've found some tarts that must be at least 2 years old so now I'm on a mission to go through my inventory and burn the old ones away.

send... good idea!

I organized my stash several months ago. I had some seasonal melts left over from last fall/winter, so I consolidated them in a couple of small baskets. I just finished up the older fall scents.

I need to go through everything again and start pulling out the older melts.

Melting Can-Do's Gingersnap Cookies this morning! [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Hi Everyone!

I am not getting much melting done this week. Everything is just so busy lately.

Everyone sounds like they melted some great scents. My friend's DD goes to college in Scranton. I already told her I will take a ride there one day so we can go to LOL.

I hope everyone starts feeling better soon.

Boy, Michele, you are just knee deep in college age kids. What an exciting stage of parenting. You must be bursting with pride, and rightly so.

Send, more power to you. I have some oldies too. I think it's time to sort them again.

Nothing melting here yet. I'm still trying ot decide.

I'm leaving in a few to go shop till I drop Columbus Day sales...got coupons for Steinmart, Kohl's etc.

Overnight melts are:

YC wild iris (strong)

Winter Wonderland...unknown vendor...weak!

good morning, all. Hope everyone has a nice Saturday. I might go to a big indoor flea market here I've never been to. Might return some oils to BBW that were less than thrilling.(Ginger Vanilla-no throw, and Pumpkin Patch-nose-singing cinnamon and not a nice cinnamon).

I'm suddenly in this 'I want buttah' stage. can't get enough. Last night I melted CCCC Long Island Pastry along with YC vanilla cupcake and I had such a hankering for something buttery that I popped some Orville Red. movie theater butter popcorn. hahaha Somehow it didn't do the trick-I needed something sweet buttery. That Long Island Pastry of CCCC is fabo! mmm, strong and just so good but made me crave so badly.

this morning -Nene's Almond Rum layered Torte and YC buttercream in the LR

remelting CCCC Christmas something in the bath and CCCC sweet cravings in BR

Everything's better with buttah, Tunisianswife.

I decided on an ancient Raspberry Violet melt and Sugar & Spice - Eggnog French Toast.

When I got home at 5 yesterday, I put on can do Prim wishes and here it is 8am and the burners are still going strong. That is why I love Can do, they take licking and keep on ticking. [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Good Saturday morning!

Sweet, are you going to take a nap? [smilie=thank_you]

Tunisian, you're makin' me drool! [smilie=th_sSig_what] But I'm plenty happy right now, melting one of my very faves:

Blue Gecko's Vanilla Berry Cream Puffs. "Light fluffy puff pastry is filled with a delicious mixture of buttery vanilla cream and fresh blackberry jam. Drizzled with warm gooey caramel, this fragrance is downright delectable!"

Delectable indeed! :lol:

Have a lovely day today, everyone.

Gail

Happy Saturday everyone!

It looks like it may rain here, but hoping it will hold off till after DD's 2pm soccer game. Then off to YC, to get some Xmas scents in the tarts.

Last nights melts were EW Limes & Coconuts, fruity and wonderful, great throw, and Rosa's Pink Grapefruit, eh, very light throw, very light scent. Definitely not a reorder.

Have a great day all!!

Hey LLVV, did you have any luck yet finding your cell? Did you say you lost it at the mall? Let me know, if I go there I can check lost and found for ya.

Good morning!

I just finished my housework. Ugh, where do all of these dirty clothes and dust come from? I feel like I'm constantly doing laundry and cleaning.

To make cleaning a little bit more enjoyable I melted Carol's Apple Zucchini Bread (yummy) and burned my Spiced Pumpkin candle (love it! Boy do those little jars burn nicely).

Silly, thank you so much for the offer. I actually checked lost and found already. I ended up officially declaring the cell phone lost. DH and I tore apart my car and the house last night looking for it with no luck. The good thing is that my contract with Verizon expired so I'm free to do whatever I want. I see an I-Phone or Blackberry in my near future (such luck, my birthday is also around the corner). Does anyone know if you can keep your phone number when switching carriers? DH says yes but I just want to verify this before buying the new phone.

I'm so tempted to buy some more of the baby jars from YC. They burn so nicely!