The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

October's Fragrance Festival

It's a beautiful, Fall day. I got my first order from Country Home Scents. I am melting Fall Harvest and it smells fantastic. I think I will be plotting another order very soon. I hope every one has a great Saturday.

Good morning!

I just finished my housework. Ugh, where do all of these dirty clothes and dust come from? I feel like I'm constantly doing laundry and cleaning.

To make cleaning a little bit more enjoyable I melted Carol's Apple Zucchini Bread (yummy) and burned my Spiced Pumpkin candle (love it! Boy do those little jars burn nicely).

Silly, thank you so much for the offer. I actually checked lost and found already. I ended up officially declaring the cell phone lost. DH and I tore apart my car and the house last night looking for it with no luck. The good thing is that my contract with Verizon expired so I'm free to do whatever I want. I see an I-Phone or Blackberry in my near future (such luck, my birthday is also around the corner). Does anyone know if you can keep your phone number when switching carriers? DH says yes but I just want to verify this before buying the new phone.

I'm so tempted to buy some more of the baby jars from YC. They burn so nicely!

LLVV.... yes, you can keep your number when you switch carriers. Do not cancel your old number yet (otherwise that number will go back into the pool, so to speak). Have your new carrier initiate the phone number transfer.

I am burning Crossroads Country Breakfast candle. These two wick candles certainly burn nicely. [smilie=th_sSig_what]

This afternoons melts are

Allyssum from Cheryl

Sweet Corn Pudding from CCS

Falling in Love Chocolate Mousse from CCS

So relieved. Went to the clinic today and no fractured ribs or torn muscles just Pleurisy with just inflamation and no infection and a touch of bronchitis. I had been coughing so hard I was sure I had fractured a rib as breathing was painful. Ah...now for the meds.

Slpit, keep a close watch on that Pleurisy. It can get very serious quickly. Had that from influenza one year. Extremely painful. I feel for you. email me.

Melting Pink from Cheryl's. from a friend. Thank you. It's really good. I thought it was Pink Sugar at first, but it isn't. It's the other Pink. Filling the house.

I smell that, and the Dulce de Leche body spray that just arrived from Savor. I don't know which smells better, the melt or me.

LLVV, do you get a throw from those little jars? I've never used them.

It's a cold, cloudy day here. I'm burning my new YC Moonlight Harvest jar. This one has a very nice throw! Hope everyone has a great day!

Jason, I've only burned Autumn Fruit and Spiced Pumpkin thus far. I'm very impressed with the throw. I get a full melt pool in under 2 hours and due to this, the throw nicely scents a large bedroom. I'm truly impressed with the burn. I have a Blueberry burning downstairs in the kitchen and cannot smell it because there's an Illuma-Lid on it. Years ago I burned this candle without a lid and was able to smell it burning. The Illuma-Lid does look pretty, though. I ended up caving and bought 3 more of the jars. They are quite expensive at regular price and I'd never pay $9.99 for them but at $5 it's a pretty good deal. Oh, and while cleaning today I cleaned the inside of the Spiced Pumpkin which is half gone and get this...no soot appeared on the napkin. It was totally clean!

Back from shoopping...got a bunch of the YC simply home tarts from Kohl's in the holiday scents.....

afternoon melts:

YC autumn gold (moderate)

NeNe's maple pecan streusel (moderate)

The Tart Shack twigsnberries (weak and it smelled weird)

CFTKR hippie Christmas (strong)

Now off for a... :shock:

HI everyone--just home from my sister's and my dad's BD party. It looked like we were going to have to cancel due to snow and illness--but the snow had quit by the time we got there and the illness was a false alarm so we had a great day. I got to see my niece and great niece (17 months old) and we all had a great time. On his actual BD which is this coming Tues my sister and other niece are coming for the day and in the evening we are going to a neighbor's for more BD so we are having a blast.

I have on for the evening my Gingerbread, Mango Peach Salsa and Candy Corn candles. Starting to smell good in here. Have a great night everybody.

Slpit--feel better quick--did you get any of the snow that Omaha got?

Ouch slpit.....that sounds painful! Hope you feel better soon! :shock:

Trep - glad your day went off w/out a hitch. Lots of good memories for everyone! [smilie=cloud_9]

Earlier this afternoon I melted Cheryl's Spiced Apple. SO good! Very apple-y and just a little spice. Yummers.

Slpit~ Feel better soon! :shock:

Trep~ So glad everything worked out for you. Enjoy the rest of your visit!

Still burnig the same thing as this morning..it's still kicking.

Hi Everyone!

For this evening I'm melting

Brown bag Cinnamon strudel

GHBT Red Delicious Apple...this is a winner!

Slpit,I hope you feel better soon!

:shock:

I melted my first CYS tart today, they've been curing in the closet for at least a couple of weeks now. It was Oktoberfest Cake, which smelled good but had a dismal throw and then died out completely after only a few hours. Disappointing.

Now I'm melting CFTKR Pumpkin Brulee. Nom. [/code]

trep, glad your father's party was a nice time and the weather cooperated.

splt, pleuracy is so painful; just to try to take a deep breath without feeling like a knife is going through your sides.

LR: CCCC Sticky buns-mmmm yum

YC vanilla cupcake

Kitchen: HFO from BBB Spiced Cider

Bath: CCCC citrus linen H20

BR-CFTKR bear claws.

have a good Sat. eve everyone.

Hi!

I'm melting:

CFTKR - Apple Zucchini Bread, Cherry Almond Nougat

and burning:

YC - Autumn Fruit, Spiced Pumpkin.

I'm off to eat a cider donut and some hot tea for my scratchy throat. Good night

Today's melts are:

Nene's - Strawberry Mango Smoothie in the FR

Nene's - Apricot Glaze in the LR

[smilie=th_friends]

It has been a full day. I am burning a YC Harvest Wreath candle and just winding down.

Tunisianswife-If you crave a strong buttery scent I would reccomend Vanilla Butter Fudge by Southern Star Scents. It smells just like a strong buttery popcorn.

Sipit-Feel better soon!

trep-Glad you are enjoying your trip!

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Love you guys [smilie=th_friends] . Reading Candlefind always makes a person feel a lot better. The pain meds are really helping.

Tonight's scents are

Haley's 7 Up Pound Cake in the kitchen and living room

Triple layer candle from Cheryl in the living room...on the lemon bundt cake layer

Busy Bee's Chocolate Creme Brulee in the comp room.

It is getting cold here...will be in the mid 20's and we had snow flurries this morning...I think it is an early winter for us.

Late night melts:

Can-Do - Spellweaver (strong)

Country Home - Cinnamon Buns (strong)

Burning:

YC - Autumn Leaves

Slatkin _ Vanilla Coconut

Slpit, I hope you get to feeling better real soon.

Nancy, glad to hear you are having a wonderful time with your family.

LLVV, thanks for the report on the small YC jars. May have to try them some time. I completely agree that $9.99 is ridiculous for those little things. Five dollars sounds just right for them.

Tonight I'm burning big YC jars in Spiced Pumpkin and Autumn Wreath. Also melting CFTKR's Cider Snap (Love it!) and YC's Frosted Pumpkin (so yummy!)