The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

October's Fragrance Festival

Up early on Sunday morning....what is wrong with me? Woke up to a freezing cold house and had to turn the heat on. I've got the :lol: brewing too!

I've got YC Cranberry Chutney melting and it smells so good.

slpit, hope you are feeling much better today [smilie=th_friends]

Guest ilovescentedthings

This morning weve got going:

apple cobbler by can do

sugar beans by can do

vanilla custard candle by natures finest

warm apple pie by mainstays candle

still am feeling under the weather,its just the regular flu(thank you God!) and thank you everyone for your well wishes.

candlelove, thanks for the rec. I am not sure, but was thinking I checked out SS and it was either closed for moving(?) or a website redo(?) If I am thinking of the same one, she is in Texas, no?

I went window shopping last night and saw Carol has these little egg shaped sugar drop cookies or something like that. described as being full of butter. lol I could have inhaled the YC Christmas cookie yesterday. mmmm.

LR-GHBT Pineapple Paprika

Kitchen: Carol's Mac apple

Bedroom: CCCC Baton Rouge

Bath: CCCC citrus linen H20

going to take my 3 dogs today to a 'Barktoberfest' to benefit one of the local rescues. All kinds of vendors but I doubt wax. lol (which is probably a good thing) Very cold overnight but sunny clear skies this am. a perfect October day. Happy Sunday all and enjoy.

Trep...glad you're having a blast!

Slpit..get well wishes to you... a colleague of mine had pleurisy and went to the ER thinking she was having a heart attack! [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Teenage dabba has flu..unfortunately she contracted it from the flu mist vaccine which is a live vaccine....she's really not that sick. In fact I wouldn't have even called it flu had she not been diagnosed!

Recent melts:

GHBT strawberry rhubarb (strong)

The Tart Shack dragon's blood (never smelled a thing)

Rosa's orange chiffon (moderate)

YC rose of morocco (strong)

Southern Star vanilla cream (strong)

Hope all those not feeling well are much better today! [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

tunisianswife - Barktoberfest sounds like fun - what a great idea! Let us know what treasures U find.

Still burning LOL's layered candle in Pumpkin Ice Cream Cake and melting BG's Spiced Pumpkin Brulee [smilie=th_a056]

Thanks again for the well wishes. The various meds are helping. I could tell the pain meds had warn off when I woke up so I scooted my chunky butt to the pill bottle as fast as possible. It's just a relief knowing what it is. Dabba...I know what your friend felt like as far as fearing a heart attack. If it had been on my other side I would have thought the same thing.

Needed a quick scent fix so I put on Chery's Painted Lady back here in the comp room. i love this scent.

In the living room I put on Amish Quilt from Tara's Scentsation Gifts so will have to see how that does. her caramel apple was pretty good but a little light for me. The spiced cranberry was very good. This is my first order from her.

Have a great one everyone. A little bleak here, but no snow today so far.

Morning melts are Blue Gecko Blackberry Dessert Crepes and Blue Gecko Black Raspberry Vanilla.

Slpit; I'm glad you are feeling a little better. Wishing an early Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you Denise. [smilie=th_1_bigone110] (My turkey substitute). I am melting BG-Luna Noveau and Country Heart Scents-Cinn. Buns. I'm getting ready to start Caramel Apples from them next. Trep: I'm glad you are enjoying your visit, and the snow is just icing on the birthday cake...Dabba; Hope little Dabba feels better soon. I did not realize the flu mist is a live vaccine. I'm heading outside for a bit, DH is starting to winterize the outside, bringing in plants, weed and feed, etc. I hope everyone has a lovely afternoon.

Ok, I've decided that I will never ever get a large jar from YC. I have a tiny Autumn Fruit burning in my family room which opens up to my kitchen. In the kitchen I'm burning Blueberry with an Illuma-Lid on it. I can't smell the Blueberry but I can strongly smell Autumn Fruit and it lightly whafts into my kitchen. Those Illuma-Lids do a great job melting the candle and they do look pretty but they trap in the scent. If I take off the lid I get tunneling and soot but I can smell it. After this little experiment I went online and bought 10 more of the baby jars and will go to YC tomorrow before the sale ends to scoop up some Christmas scents (you can't get them for $5 online but they will sell them to you in the store for $5).

I'm also melting Carol's Candy Cane...love it!

LL - I have better luck with my medium YC than my big ones, too...but it kills me to buy them because price per oz is better on the big ones! [smilie=th_a056]

Today is YC mixology - Sage and Citrus and Moonlight Harvest, they call it Moonlight Sage. (Where is our Sage girl? Yoohoo, Jules, this is an interesting mix! It is a different Holiday Sage, LOL!)

Also I found a CYS from the Valentine box - Love is my Sin - chocolate almond. It lasted longer than most of my CYS tarts and whoo-wee was that thing strong! [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

LL - I have better luck with my medium YC than my big ones, too...but it kills me to buy them because price per oz is better on the big ones! [smilie=th_c032]

Today is YC mixology - Sage and Citrus and Moonlight Harvest, they call it Moonlight Sage. (Where is our Sage girl? Yoohoo, Jules, this is an interesting mix! It is a different Holiday Sage, LOL!)

Also I found a CYS from the Valentine box - Love is my Sin - chocolate almond. It lasted longer than most of my CYS tarts and whoo-wee was that thing strong! [smilie=th_a056]

You had me at Hello. I just rummaged around and found both of these YC melts, so I am going to melt them together this afternoon. Heck, right now. This sounds like a good mix.

[smilie=th_1_bigone110]

update:

You were so right, Debra. This is a great mix. It's like Autumn Sage. I broke the two melts apart and mixed them in three melters. That was my only Moonlight Harvest. waa.

I have being burning Whiff and Sniff Spellbound in both my burners last night and overnight and they are still going pretty good.

Hi everyone,

Denise, have a super duper Thanksgiving Day tomorrow!

Slpit, I'm glad to hear you're feeling some better. That sounds horribly painful. [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Dabba, I hope your younger Dabba is all cured and fit as a fiddle soon.

Ilove, get well quick!

I'm melting a favorite today, Busy Bee's Honey Ginger. [smilie=th_a056]

Have a really good day, forum friends!

Gail