The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Sweet September Scents

I'm melting Carol's Buttercream Dreams! By far her best buttercream. Sadly, she doesn't offer it anymore. It's very similar to Yankee's only better!

I spent this morning cleaning the second floor and the outside porch which for some odd reason got taken oven with spider webs within the last month. Yuck! I asked DH 3 times this weekend to powerwash and he never got around to doing it. Then DD and I bought this year's mums for DH to plant. I have a black thumb so I just pick and point and DH does the work because he's the family's green thumb.

I had the bedroom window open a wee bit again last night and woke up to Eau de Skunk again...man, that is a baaad smell. I tried all the spray fresheners in the arsenal - and it just made it worse...and, of course, then couldn't open the window to air things out because of the skunk smell outside... [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

All betters now. Chelez Country Kitchen is melting for the time being. Not too strong, so I will be replacing it in a bit.

Ewww...sorry about your skunk smell, Debra. Not a pleasant thing to wake up to! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Beautiful morning here. I had the windows open earlier and the cool breeze felt wonderful. I needed a break from bakery scents so I put YC Autumn Leaves in the two melters downstairs. I have the day off today so I'm meeting my husband for lunch and then going grocery shopping.

melting from Nene's for the second tealight Carmel Apple Cider. and also from Nene's Hayride. Hayride smells very perfumey to me. I guess it was not what I expected

Good afternoon! Right now I have a stew cooking in the oven and Carol's Pumpkin & Apple Cake melting. It smells sooo good in here.

I just finished placing an order with Carol for some of her new scents and for more of the zucchini bread mixes. I'm so excited!

Oh, DD had a playdate at her friend's house. The girl's mom had a Villag Candle burning. It smelled so good but had a little bit of a tunnel. She said it was apples and peaches. It was a very strong candle. She also had an adorable pumkin tart burner that I had never seen before.

Good Morning!

I was so disappointed with my Apples & Oak tart yesterday. It has a wonderful scent but very little throw. I'll have to look for this scent elsewhere.

This morning I have Can-Do's Sweet Orange & Chili Pepper going. Great scent, great throw, I'm set for now.

anabasset--Cobblestone has a wonderful and good throwing Apples and Oak scent you might want to try.

Guest Doe

Yankee- Orchard Pear in family room- not getting a strong throw from this one but it smells good close up.

Been gone for a couple of days. Right now I am melting GHBT Snickerdoodle and an old favorite from Busy Bee - Banana Ivy.

Hi everyone! It's been a long day, I was at my older kids' school all day helping out. But now I have Nene's Vanilla Cream Cake, Busy Bees Pumpkin Souffle, and YC Pomegranite Cider melting.

Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Sharon

Tonight I'm finishing up YC Sun & Sand (always good), and Lee Ann's Frosted Cupcake which is amazing, it is a close second to Lessies Birthday Cake.

I wonder, does anyone get a good throw from YC Orchard Pear, I've melted it twice and you had to be right there, or nothing.

Tonight I'm finishing up YC Sun & Sand (always good), and Lee Ann's Frosted Cupcake which is amazing, it is a close second to Lessies Birthday Cake.

I wonder, does anyone get a good throw from YC Orchard Pear, I've melted it twice and you had to be right there, or nothing.

I get a great throw from Orchard Pear--the first time I melted one I didn't get as good of a throw but I've done quite a few since then and have had no trouble.

Guest Anonymous

Getting a late start, but I couldn't go a day w/out melting something. [smilie=th_aa17] So, it's CFTKR cranberry zucchini bread. Yummy!

A new lady at work tracked me down today and asked if I was "the candle lady" others told her about. She wanted to know about getting some tarts. I guess that is better than being known as "the crazy cat lady"...but that is probably in my future, too! [smilie=th_cray]

Tonight I have CYS - Nile Beauty

Tropical Breezes - Green Tea

Both just getting started.

Sillysmom, I usually get a very good throw from Orchard Pear. However, I melted it either yesterday or the day before and it seemed unusually light. I don't know what the deal is/was.

Tonight I have on YC Macintosh. I have tried quite a few apple scents this month and this one wins hands down in the authenticity department. So crisp and fresh smelling!