The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Sweet September Scents

A new lady at work tracked me down today and asked if I was "the candle lady" others told her about. She wanted to know about getting some tarts. I guess that is better than being known as "the crazy cat lady"...but that is probably in my future, too! :? .

:? "the candle lady" [smilie=th_cray]

This morning I'm continuing with the yummy Carrot Cake from PI.

Guest Anonymous

I am giving up on apple scents. I cant' seem to smell them at all. I've tried from various e-tailers and YC and it doesn't matter if it's regular apple, apple cinnamon, apple wreath, apple cranberry or apple fricazee - I can't pick it up in the air. Maybe my nose just doesn't recognize the scent or something [smilie=th_cray]

So last night's melts were Crosscreek - Apple Spice (see rant above) and Baton Rouge.....OH MY! That tart was so strong in my bedroom 14-watt even, wafting out that door and down the hall then down the stairs and I could smell it sitting on my living room couch!

Good morning! Dh was snoring like a freight train last night, so I really need this coffee to kick in. I'm soooo sleepy.

So far, it's yc's juicy watermelon in the computer room, and half of a fresh green scented votive (not sure of the exact scent, but it's nice) cut up in a melter in the kitchen. I have several packs of great smelling votives that I got from Target, but they don't seem to burn well or give off much scent, so I decided to cut them up to try them out in a melter, and they're doing great.

Have a great day, everyone!

Absolutely gorgeous fall day here is South Carolina...got some windows open. The bad news is I am home from school with the mother of all coughs and colds. It is nasty. [smilie=th_cray] I'm burning a bunch of candles right now!

Good morning everyone! This morning I have Can-Do's Pumpkin Patch in, Nene's April Fresh in bath, and Can-do Pretty Woman in bedroom

Dabba, it's a gorgeous fallish day here in N. Florida, too! Sorry you have a cold, I hope you feel better soon!

Have a great day!

Sharon

I wonder, does anyone get a good throw from YC Orchard Pear, I've melted it twice and you had to be right there, or nothing.

Sillysmom, I usually get a very good throw from Orchard Pear. However, I melted it either yesterday or the day before and it seemed unusually light. I don't know what the deal is/was.

Tonight I have on YC Macintosh. I have tried quite a few apple scents this month and this one wins hands down in the authenticity department. So crisp and fresh smelling!

Jason, Macintosh is the only jar candle I have right now. I got a housewarmer from the flagship store for free when I went last month. Anyway, that jar has such a cold smell, that I don't usually have to light it, but when I do, whoa, that is a great scent. If all jars smelled as good as that one, I might be inclined to buy more of them.

Good morning! I started this morning off with leftovers from yesterday...Carol's Buttercream and Pumpkin Apple Cake. Right now I only have her Candied Yams going. It smelled like spiced oranges. Great fall scent.

Dabba, I hope you feel better soon.

This morning I'm melting Spiced Cranberry from Hodge Podge. I'm expecting two packages today. Hope they come before I have to leave for work. :lol:

Good morning....melting a whole bunch of tarts today....I am on a roll!

Busy Bee...Pumpkin Souffle

GHBT...Spiced Cranapple & Ginger

Hodge Podge...Snickerdoodle

CH...Pumpkin Spice

Yesterday I had a doctor appt and she told me I smelled like I had been baking!!!!! LOL! Must've been the tarts I was melting earlier!!!! hehehe.....

Feel better Dabba!

Get better soon, Dabba.

Aria, How do you like the GHBT...Spiced Cranapple & Ginger? I'm hooked on ginger lately.

I've got the house to myself today so I'm burning and melting a BUNCH of stuff. I bet a low flying plane could smell my home today. :lol: I don't care. I've toned it down for the last couple of days. Today - Look out.

Guest Anonymous
I am giving up on apple scents. I cant' seem to smell them at all. I've tried from various e-tailers and YC and it doesn't matter if it's regular apple, apple cinnamon, apple wreath, apple cranberry or apple fricazee - I can't pick it up in the air. Maybe my nose just doesn't recognize the scent or something :lol:

So last night's melts were Crosscreek - Apple Spice (see rant above) and Baton Rouge.....OH MY! That tart was so strong in my bedroom 14-watt even, wafting out that door and down the hall then down the stairs and I could smell it sitting on my living room couch!

Wait! I may have found the right apple - Green Apple (Crosscreek)! It hasn't melted all the way yet, but it's promising so far - I can actually catch whiffs of it already :lol:

Also continuing Baton Rouge from yesterday.

Dabba and Meghan, hope you both feel better soon. When I can stay home and I have a bad cold, I enjoy Nyquil. It helps with the symptoms and makes me feel loopy, which I kind of enjoy!

Today I'm doing tealight two for Macintosh, still doing good. And my Blueberry Scone candle is burning in the kitchen.

Guest Anonymous

Im melting a nutmeg& orange from scentsy. Sooo not something I would normally order, but im trying to break free from my same scent rut. Im so pleased I ordered this, it's now one of my favorite scents.

Im going to burn a pumpkin lavender from arts and hearts in another room (just got it in the mail a few minutes ago). Im really excited to see how it burns. Im always on the look out for new pumpkin scents.