The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Sweet September Scents

Afternoon all-

It's another wet day here in MO. So wet, in fact, that I turned the air back on-just to dry the house out!

I put on Cozy Cottage-All Hallows Eve

another great one!

Guest stardustgirl

Cat - I think your wet is headed our way tomorrow.

I've got Shortie's Chocolate Raspberry Truffle in the living room, and their Spiced Pumpkin in my bath. I've got my CBV Mocha jar candle burning in here,

I have added a YC Canary Island Banana in the upstairs bath in my new fall leaf tealight melter. This melter has a nice deep bowl which I really like--sometimes they are so shallow I think they will overflow, but not this one.

Cat--it is wet and steamy here too--I have the AC going to dry out also.

Heart, I love having lots of new scents to try out!!!

Just lit YC Autumn Leaves for the evening.

Right now I only have a candle going... Warm Apple Pie from Village Candles... I am making dinner.... I usually turn off the melts during dinner time because they compete with whatever we are having...

I will have to pull out some cool weather melts after dinner... It is a little crisper here today... it barely reached 70 degrees... last night we had to close the windows... fall is on its way. :shock:

It was a beautiful day over here too. I have Christmas Time ready to go for later on tonight. Count me in as a non-scenter during cooking time. Today I was cooking a pork roast to shread all day long in my slow cooker and that thing stunk up the house. It's tasty but it stinks while cooking. None of my tarts could compete with it.

Does anyone live in the Texas area? If so, I hope that you weather Ike safely. It looks like a very nasty storm.

:shock: LLVV, I don't melt anything in my kitchen cause their is almost always somebody heating up something around my house, but ONIONS make their way all through my house, and that is when I bring out some really strong scents (the ones that can be almost nauseating) to kill cooking odors.

It's sunny here in my part of Texas, but it rained all day yesterday...don't know if Ike will make its way where I live in Texas..thanks for the safety wishes.

What vendor is Christmas Time you are going to melt? I love those Christmas scents!

32 degrees got going from LOL and it is fabulous!

Beach House from Pure Scents is going in my DD's room..can smell it all down the hallway. Smells good from her room, but never does in my room. Go figure. :?

Been out all day so just starting the melting-

Pumpkin and Crushed Nutmegs-CFTKR

Pumpkin and Sugared Hazelnuts-CFTKR

Sweet Pumpkin Pie-Crosscreek

It sure smells good in here!

Melting Crosscreek's Orange Juice Cake

LOL's 32 degrees (just started this one)

I need to get the other melters going, but this is the first time I have so many new ones to try that I don't know where to begin. :shock:

Hope everyone is having a great day!

I know what you mean. It's so hard to choose. Especially when you know what's good and almost everything you've got are favorites. Or you're sampling a new vendor and you're trying to pick their best one to try.

Have fun. How is your DH doing, Heart?

Tonights melt is Dee Jay's - Creme Brulee just getting started.

DH is doing well Jules..thanks for asking. I put on Cinnamon French Toast from Crosscreek in the LR, and it's good, but has a bit of a burning smell. I don't think this one is a reorder.

In my house, that means it's an authentic smelling French Toast...we burn it every time!

I'm glad your husband is doing well!

Trep- It sure doesn't look like its going to dry up anytime soon. I am glad you understand what I mean about putting the air on! Everything is so clammy and wet.

Stardust-I hope you get this front soon. We have had nothing but wet,rainy weather for the last week. Only a few breaks in between.

I am glad that your DH is feeling welll Heart.

Tonight I put on some Citrus Delight-CFTKR, and Ginger Noel Cookies-Crosscreek

I am burning a spearamint eucalyptus votive from-oops can't remember-but my DD has a head cold from all of this yuck weather.

Also have a couple of cheapies burning for the warmth of the flame-triple layer things from Walmart. Not a lot of scent with the candle shades on, but they look pretty.

Hope everyone has a good night.

Heart, LOL, I know what you mean about the food smells. I'm glad to hear that Ike isn't coming your way. Christmas Time is from CFTKR. It's a dupe of Yankee's Christmas Wish which is a strange but really good combination. It's Christmas Tree mixed with Christmas Cookie. I know, sounds terrible, but amazingly it's fabulous.

Guest Anonymous

I finished melting Nene's Frosted Cupcake, wonderful!!

A mix of white cake and frosting, delicious!! Usually those scents are very light to my nose but this one is actually strong and after I done I could smell the scent all over the place for a few hours after.

Guest Doe

Juletones, still not feeling well my sinuses are really bothering me, thank you for asking. I have Menieres and it usually acts up from Sept- April so I usually only have 4 months of feeling decent (not have vertigo).

Changed tarts so now I am just melting Crosscreek Pink Sugar Cake -Yum

Angie's Peaceful is melting.

Broke down and ordered the gold leaf mosaic YC melter. I broke my 3rd one this month last night, so I think I can justify this purchase! [smilie=th_a194]

Tonight I'm melting Sweet Orange & Chili Pepper from Can-Do, nice scent , and finishing Mainstays Gingerbread, what a throw this tart has, and the scent is beautiful, just a little bit of spice, just right!

Doe, I hope you feel better! Glad you posted about Pink Sugar Cake. It's in my killer order from Crosscreek, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

LLVV, Christmas Time actually sounds very good. Combining a cookie scent with the tree or pine scent usually makes for a more unique scent in my opinion.

I'm melting Crosscreek's Perfect Autumn. It's very nice with the caramel in it..it isn't too strong on the caramel at all.

Everybody's scents sound good to me tonight. I love how so many of you have bust out with the fall scents. I don't feel so alone! Rainy tonight and all through the weekend. I need comforting scents. Tonight I have Harvest by Yankee in the BR and Harvest Home from CFTKR in the LR. They smell simillar and very good!