The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Sweet September Scents

Hey Momuvtwo, it was my usual YC shell two piece tealight burner. It took almost 3 hours for the whole tart to melt. Its going now. That was really weird, no air conditioner, no fan, you'd think it would melt. Who knows!

That's the melter I have! and yeah I get the same thing, takes forever to melt, then as it does the edges cool and harden ugh!

Jason--Purr-chuli in my stacked tealight melter was really weak as well. I think it was stronger cold [smilie=th_hema1]

That has never happened before, and I don't have the problem with the edges either. Maybe it was still a little cold from the freezer. That might have been it. I stack the tealights for that melter too. I love it so much I have the same one in 3 rooms lol.

I've got two YC small jars going side by side.

Clean Cotton and Cottage Breeze. Good stuff together. These scents are too strong for me in the tarts but I enjoy the candle strength.

[smilie=th_hema1]

Fallish scents melting here today......

Autumn Magic ~ CFTKR

Cinnamon Buns ~ CFTKR

Cinnamon Apple ~ Candle Haven

Apple Spice Cake ~ CFTKR

These have been going since this morning and now I am trying to decide what to melt/burn for the evening. It's nice and cool here....Fall is in the Air!!!! I may fire up my oil warmer with Leaves.....I am addicted to this scent!

I put on YC's Frosted Pumpkin...so yummy!

Jason, just wondering.....is the maple note really strong in this scent? I've never tried it, but the maple in the description turns me off as I am not a big fan of maple scents. Thanks!

Just put Cobblestone high tea on in the den...I saw yankee has all their tarts and votives on sale for 1.00 for a limited time. I think I am going to buy the new fall scents this weekend!

Good evening everyone! I just put Magnolia Orange Blossom from Carol in my new 20 watt burner in the bedroom. I love it, this is the highest watt burner I have, I'm not used to getting such a quick and strong throw from my tarts [smilie=th_326db8b3]

I'll be adding Busy Bees Pumpkin Souffle as soon as I am done cooking, I have baked ziti in the oven right now and I'm not sure the two scents will mix well [smilie=th_confused3]

Have a nice evening!!!

Sharon

Good evening! I hope that everyone is having a great day.

Downstairs I have Candied Apple Pomander and will light up either Buttermilk Pancakes or Butter Drop Cookie upstairs after I put DD to sleep later on. I'm really loving these Yankee tea lights and glass burners.

I'm very tempted to hop over to Yankee and get some votives for $1 but I just bought a bunch last month.

I put on YC's Frosted Pumpkin...so yummy!

Jason, just wondering.....is the maple note really strong in this scent? I've never tried it, but the maple in the description turns me off as I am not a big fan of maple scents. Thanks!

Better steer clear of this one, Aria. The maple note is very distinct.

Guest Anonymous
Good morning! It's dark and rainy here today. My puppy hates going out to do his business in the rain, so I have a feeling the kids and I will have a few accidents to clean up. Maybe I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, though...he may just prove me wrong. [smilie=th_confused3]

Heidi - I remember reading if your puppy gives you trouble about going out in the rain to

take him for a long walk and spend time playing w/him in the rain. A light rain, that is! lol That will show him that rain is a nice/fun thing. Your kids would probably like the rain,too! :lol:

Melting Can-Do's perfect autumn. Another nice one! I also got several of her tart tins and

really like them. The tarts fall right out when they're cooled - gotta love that! [smilie=th_326db8b3]

Good evening everyone! I just put Magnolia Orange Blossom from Carol in my new 20 watt burner in the bedroom. I love it, this is the highest watt burner I have, I'm not used to getting such a quick and strong throw from my tarts [smilie=th_326db8b3]

I'll be adding Busy Bees Pumpkin Souffle as soon as I am done cooking, I have baked ziti in the oven right now and I'm not sure the two scents will mix well [smilie=th_confused3]

Have a nice evening!!!

Sharon

Sharon--I am glad you like your new burner--20 watts is my favorite.

I switched out Seaside Memories and am melting Cocomint Frost now. It's got a huge scent throw. Wish Seaside Memories had a strong throw like this. I guess I'll have to play around with it in different locations and different melters. The scent is way too good to give up on.

4sons - Donna sent 'Cinnamon Bark' as a freebie with my order. Just based on the name it is something I would never have ordered as I find a lot of cinnamon scents to be kind of harsh. But this one has an unbelievably wonderful scent. Based on the cold smell alone, I'll be ordering it by the pound. I would love to hear your opinion of it.

Hi everyone!

I'll be up to my neck at work til the end of this month, so I won't be able to post as much as I'd like, but I just wanted to pop in to say hello today.

Tonight I'm melting Candle Haven's Pumpkin Custard & Spice in my new mosaic electric melter downstairs...plus CFTKR's Fall Festival upstairs. I love both, and was pleasantly surprised by the Pumpkin Custard because I wasn't too sure about that one cold. But it smells really nice, and it's strong too! It's filling several rooms and I'm on the second night with this tart.

Love the new avatar, Jason, and Doe, I hope you feel better soon!

[smilie=th_326db8b3]

Guest Anonymous
Good evening everyone! I just put Magnolia Orange Blossom from Carol in my new 20 watt burner in the bedroom. I love it, this is the highest watt burner I have, I'm not used to getting such a quick and strong throw from my tarts :lol:

I'll be adding Busy Bees Pumpkin Souffle as soon as I am done cooking, I have baked ziti in the oven right now and I'm not sure the two scents will mix well :roll:

Have a nice evening!!!

Sharon

Sharon - I started using 20-watts from Jackels a few months ago. I've been using the Jackels again the last few days and when I started up my 20-watt earlier the scent strength was almost overpowering. I had forgotten what a difference it really is between the two. Anyway, enjoy your melters....and the ziti sounds good. I think I'll make spaghetti now :lol:

I have Tuscadero's Walk in the Woods going now.....

Good evening everyone! I just put Magnolia Orange Blossom from Carol in my new 20 watt burner in the bedroom. I love it, this is the highest watt burner I have, I'm not used to getting such a quick and strong throw from my tarts :lol:

I'll be adding Busy Bees Pumpkin Souffle as soon as I am done cooking, I have baked ziti in the oven right now and I'm not sure the two scents will mix well :roll:

Have a nice evening!!!

Sharon

Sharon - I started using 20-watts from Jackels a few months ago. I've been using the Jackels again the last few days and when I started up my 20-watt earlier the scent strength was almost overpowering. I had forgotten what a difference it really is between the two. Anyway, enjoy your melters....and the ziti sounds good. I think I'll make spaghetti now ;)

I have Tuscadero's Walk in the Woods going now.....

I never realized there would be such a big difference. I never even paid attention to the wattage actually until I joined this forum :lol: I can see where certain tarts would be too strong in a 20 watt! I may have to move it out of the bedroom into a bigger area of the house! I have Busy Bees Pumpkin Souffle in my Yankee leaves mosaic tealight burner, it looks so pretty at night

Have a wonderful night everyone!

Sharon

Yippee! $1.00 YC tarts and votives! Oh the stocking up I'll do!

Tonight I put on Autumn Lodge from Crosscreek. This is a dupe of the retired YC scent and since I never got to try it, I jumped to order one when I saw it on Crosscreek's scent list. This is a wonderful scent. I absolutely love it! Woodsy, earthy and cozy. I will definitely have to get more of this!