The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Sweet September Scents

Guest stardustgirl

It's Day #3 for the Sugar Cookies tart from CBV in the living room - talk about staying power! And yummy too.

I lighted my prize Mocha jar candle from CBV in here today. It's kind of post-rain gloomy and too cold to run a fan this morning. I'm holding off on staining doors until this afternoon.

I've been melting Carol's Celtic Moonspice this morning and also Dew Drop Cinnamon Donuts.

This evening I think I will light my YC Autumn Leaves candle I got during the sale last January. This has to be my favorite scent for fall, although Autumn Gold is really wonderful too!!!!! Jason, I still want a jar of that one!!!!

The Dreamsickle is very strong and heavy on the orange. I added PI Vanilla to sweeten it up before I get a headache.

edit: I also added Brown Sugar from Soy Indulgence

Started the day out with Cherry Chip Cake from Can-Do very nice. I just put on Christmas Cravings from GHBT. I like this one too I can really smell the pecans in this one, it will definately be a reorder.

The orange scent is all mellowed out now. The Brown Sugar from SI is unexpectedly good. I've never had a straight brown sugar scent before. This one is good on it's own or for blending.

jules - does it smell like a box of brown sugar, or are there different notes to it?

stardust - I have had trouble find the perfect sugar cookie - some of them smell like they have playdough in them to me...is this a true cookie smell??

Today has Can Do going still...Mimi's house...nice and apple-ish!

Momuvtwo, how is the throw on that Orchard Pear candle? I love the tart and I have a coupon for buy two, get one free. Even though I just recently bought three big candles, I'm throwing around the idea of using this coupon! :oops:

Today is cloudy and cool. I have tealight two for Candied Apple going and my Autumn Gold candle burning also.

stadoing my first ever Can-do

Spicy Apple Butter upstairs and Carmel Dipped pears down here. really good.

Upstairs though, I am using a 14 watt yankee melter. Is there something better to use with can-do (or yankee tarts too, for that matter)? It's been almost an hour, it hasn't even started to melt, and all I am getting is the clove note. (this melter always seems to bring the clove note first on any scent that has clove in it)

Debra, I went and smelled my container of brown sugar. [smilie=th_Whistle] One must make an honest comparison. Then I dipped a teaspoon out for tasting too. :oops: yummy. Hey. I challenge anyone here to go smell some brown sugar close up without dipping out a little taste. :lol: Double dog dare ya.

Anyway...The brown sugar melt smells more like a burnt sugar to me - like on top of a dessert - when compared to the real deal. I do like it. It's a bit of a light thrower, but good for mixing with other scents.

I think I am on scent overload... have to turn the melters off for awhile... sometimes when I melt a lot of the same type of scents in a short period of time, either I can't "smell" them anymore or I get a giant scent headache... I think I am working on both... so I will clear the air for awhile and start fresh later tonight or tomorrow morning... :oops:

Added Haunted house for the evening!

Cat, can you describe this one for me ? I have one tart coming in this scent.

Wow-how to describe Haunted House---it's hard because it's not a "beautiful"type scent.

You can smell a little bit of popcorn, some autumn air and leaves, a hint of earth. It smells just like a haunted house!! Lol! Whatever it is-I really like it. It is nowhere near my regular range!

Cat- I agree with your description plus I smell maybe some patchouli in it. I melted it for about 7 hours yesterday afternoon, when I woke up this morning I could still smell it. This is a very nice change for me I usually go for bakery. I would reorder this one.

I like Haunted House a lot too. It is a super strong scent and packs quite a punch. I usually cut a tart in half and use it in a low wattage melter. I smell patchouli too and I normally don't care for scents with a lot of patchouli. This one is just right.

Decided to warm some oil this afternoon....Slatkins Leaves from B&BW.....amazing scent!!

Guest Anonymous
Momuvtwo, how is the throw on that Orchard Pear candle? I love the tart and I have a coupon for buy two, get one free. Even though I just recently bought three big candles, I'm throwing around the idea of using this coupon! :oops:

Today is cloudy and cool. I have tealight two for Candied Apple going and my Autumn Gold candle burning also.

Jason - I'd say slightly stronger than Autumn Gold, actually. It's pretty decent as far as any Yankee throw goes. HTH.

Guest Anonymous
littlegoblin, I find that a 14 watt isn't quite strong enough for paraffin tarts like Yankee and especially Can-Do. They need a higher wattage or a tealight melter, IMO. I usually only melt soy in my 14 watt.

I agree - I wouldn't use a 14-watt for a Can-Do tart (tried and my Can-Do was a 'No-Go'). But I wanted to share that I've been pleasantly surprised by the performance of my 14-watts lately with paraffin. I was a soy-only user with them before and lately I've gotten good results with CFTKR and even Yankee tarts in mine......Otherwise, I use a 20-watt electric for everything, or a tealight melter (which is also a much better experience now with the YC tealights).

Guest Anonymous
Today I'm melting CFTKR's Spiced Muffin. It smells great!

Mom, how are you liking Yankee's candles after spending so much time with tarts?

I may have to go to Yankee and smell Autumn Gold. I smelled the scratch and sniff thing in the catalog and I didn't get too much scent but with everyone liking it, I'm got the itch to go smell it. It certainly is a pretty candle!

LLVV - I'm enjoying the Yankee candles. I'm using them just on my desk when I work in the mornings so I don't require a huge throw....just the comforting glow of the candlelight and a little whiff of scent now and then when I'm working at 4 a.m. with just the computer and a small desk lamp on.....If I have to be up working at that hour every day, it makes the time a little bit more pleasant. I was using tealight melters and tarts but I was getting tired of dealing with that every day when I first got up, and it was taking too much time to clean out a melter to get it going. After work is done though I'm still tarts all the way for the rest of the house :oops: