The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Sweet September Scents

For this evening it is Yankee Black Cherry downstairs and maybe YC Berry Jam up--haven't decided if I want a mix tonite or not but those two compliment each other very nicely.

I got a really neat deal today when I went to my local Hallmark store. Someone had returned a Yankee Leaf glass tealight melter and since the gals there know I love tarts and melting they asked me if I wanted it--no charge. Of course I said yes and I have been using it this afternoon with my HL Autumn Harvest tart.

Going back several posts, thanks jules for the brown sugar description...you are a gal after my own heart! (And I wonder why I am always on a diet...) [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

This afternoon is Fresh Linen from Soy Beads.

Trep, that's very cool! What a great way to make a customer happy. Enjoy! It's a beautiful burner.

DD just picked out my next set of votives from my votive bag. She picked ones with silly pictures, of course. Boo-Nilla, Cider Web, Jack Frost.

Guest Anonymous

Melting Can-Do's cast iron cookies. Glad Donna sent this sample - it's yummy!

That's really great, Trep. Love that.

I'm melting two from Cottage Hill Creations tonight.

Key Lime Pie

Raspberry Creme

Everything smells great.

Tonight I'm trying to melting the YC Candied Apple that I'm hearing you all rave about. Its been two hours and its still not melting all the way, weird. I'm gonna start up a mainstay Strawberry Kiwi in the bedroom shortly. I got some Michaels Tealights, anyone use these before? I'd love some feedback. Thanks

Tonight I've got on Fall Festival from CFTKR. This one smells nothing like the Yankee scent, which I'm slightly disappointed about. This is more of a cinnamon scent. Also, Apples and Red Oak from CFTKR which is very nice, but kind of light. I'm thinking of putting something else on, too. Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

My last melt of the night is Christmas Prarie Cake. I haven't melted this one since last Christmas so I'm interested in revisiting it because I don't remember what it smelled like.

Jason, Carol has that Fall Festival before Yankee came out with their version. I remember ordering it with my first or second order over 2 years ago. I think it was part of a sampler. I don't remember what that one smells like but I never got another bag of it...most likely because it was a heavy spice scent and at the time I wasn't into it. When Yankee offered Fall Festival I remember staying away from it because I thought it was going to be spicy. I was surprised at how different Yankee's smelled from Carol's. I think I'll try Carol's again since I've been enjoying spice scents lately.

Have a good night everyone! Enjoy your smellies.

Guest Anonymous
Tonight I've got on Fall Festival from CFTKR. This one smells nothing like the Yankee scent, which I'm slightly disappointed about. This is more of a cinnamon scent. Also, Apples and Red Oak from CFTKR which is very nice, but kind of light. I'm thinking of putting something else on, too. Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

Jason, same experience with apples and red oak from Carol - I liked it, but I moved it into my bedroom to use and it was perfect in there (that was one I put in the 14-watt melter and it did better than in the 20-watt or tealight had done previously)......I have Fall Festivall to but haven't tried it yet. I'm glad for the heads up not to expect it to smell like the YC version.

I just put on Farmhouse Apple from YC - in the tealight melter...

Sillysmom - what are you trying to melt that YC tart in that isn't working?

Guest Anonymous

Hello Everyone,

Today I'm burning Angle Wings by: Mia Bella (not very pleased) :?

Hey Momuvtwo, it was my usual YC shell two piece tealight burner. It took almost 3 hours for the whole tart to melt. Its going now. That was really weird, no air conditioner, no fan, you'd think it would melt. Who knows!

Hey Momuvtwo, it was my usual YC shell two piece tealight burner. It took almost 3 hours for the whole tart to melt. Its going now. That was really weird, no air conditioner, no fan, you'd think it would melt. Who knows!

That's the melter I have! and yeah I get the same thing, takes forever to melt, then as it does the edges cool and harden ugh!

Jason--Purr-chuli in my stacked tealight melter was really weak as well. I think it was stronger cold :?

For the evening I am melting Cinnamon Frosting from Crosscreek in the kitchen and Long Island Pastry from Soy Lovely in the family room. Hopefully these two scents mix together well since these rooms are only separated by the dining room!

Trep - way to score! I have broken 2 of my melters this month, so that is a freebie I would really enjoy!

Tonight I pulled out a Candle Haven melt I had not tried before - Paradise Island. Yee-owza! That thing is strong 2 rooms away from the melter!