The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Sweet September Scents

Hi everyone,

Melting Can-do's Apples&Peaches. I am hoping it smells good. LOL I have a cold and can't smell a darn thingy.

Question.........I have a YC glass Mosaic tealight burner. Not all of my melts are melting all the way. I have been reading that some are stacking 2 tealights. I guess that is so the flame reaches the top???? Does it work? AND is it safe?

I don't have a problem with soy, just paraffin. However, I am not exclusive to soy and have lots of paraffin that I love but would like for them to melt better.

Thanks for any input.

Silly's...........is this a Long Island thing? LOL

Hey Jason, great minds think alike. LOVE your new avatar. I think I just may like it better than mine. LOL

I wouldn't mind a bit more detail on that YC Autumn Gold. You seem to give details very good and your expert opinion is required.

Not sure if I should hoard that one or not. Thanks Jay. My favorite nephew is named Jason and I call him Jay. Had to share that with ya. Not sure why. :lol:

Good morning, everyone. We're seeing rain bands from Ike this morning. It's extra dark outside. Windy with sudden heavy downpours. It's my favorite kind of day.

The only flame going this morning is the dregs of my YC Dune Grass. It smells good but has a case of the uglies. You all know what those large jars look like towards the end of their burn.

I hope you all have a great morning.

:lol: Good Morning!!

Today I am starting off with Crosscreek Autumn Spice..wow its awesome!! Its a bit dreary here today, and this scent is so perfect!!

Hope you all have a great one.. [smilie=th_806e4b7f]

Good Morning!

Burning Busy Bee Banana Ivy and also melting 2 tarts of the same. Usually don't get much of a scent with this candle but I am sure by adding the melts I will get a great throw.

:lol:

Goog Morning everyone....today I am burning 2 tea lights that were sent with my PI order....you guys were right..you either love the Pumpkin Pie scent or not.....It smelled really strange at first but after I "relaxed" my nose, it smelled EXACTLY like Libby's pumpkin from the can with a little spices added to it....YUM! But....you need to get past the "what the heck" smell at first b/c most people think pumpkin pie should smell sweet. I hope yall can figure out what I mean! LOL

Good morning! It's dark and rainy here today. My puppy hates going out to do his business in the rain, so I have a feeling the kids and I will have a few accidents to clean up. Maybe I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, though...he may just prove me wrong. :lol:

On to the melting:

gourmet sugar cookie & chocolate sugar cookie from bizzy b's in the living room

botanical orchard & nectar blooms from bizzy b's in the computer room

raspberry smoothie from crosscreek in the kitchen

I hope you all have a great day!

Hi everyone,

Melting Can-do's Apples&Peaches. I am hoping it smells good. LOL I have a cold and can't smell a darn thingy.

Question.........I have a YC glass Mosaic tealight burner. Not all of my melts are melting all the way. I have been reading that some are stacking 2 tealights. I guess that is so the flame reaches the top???? Does it work? AND is it safe?

I don't have a problem with soy, just paraffin. However, I am not exclusive to soy and have lots of paraffin that I love but would like for them to melt better.

Thanks for any input.

Silly's...........is this a Long Island thing? LOL

Maurie--I had the same problem with my Yankee mosaic and I have been stacking the tealights and it works great. I usually just use an empty tin and put the new one on top but I found a tiny little glass bowl at BB&Beyond for 99cents and now I am putting it in there and putting the lit tealight on top. Either way I always stack mine as I use paraffin almost exclusively and they just won't melt and stay melted unless I do. I have never had a problem with it.

Since it is still cloudy and cool here-thought I could use some "sunny" scents. So I have Berry Lemonade-Illuminescents and Lemon Meringue Pie-Nene's

Have a good day all!

Good morning! Today I'll be in and out all day but I have 2 melts going...Country Kitchen and Caramel Apple.

Melting Lemongrass and Olive from Can-Do, its a very clean smelling scent at first I could only smell the lemongrass then shortly after I started smelling the olive it's very nice. I also have going Vanilla Spice from Melissa's this is very nice and strong. This one suprised me usually the vanilla's don't last that long but this one has been on since 6:00 am. and still going strong.

Melting HOT's Strawberry Lime Margarita and Cherry Lime Freeze...

The Candied Vanilla Apples was not for me... it smelled like it had a Vanilla Bean Noel base to it... I am not crazy about Vanilla Bean Noel... it has some "note" in it that I do not care for... maybe the musk undertone??? not sure...

The other scent I had on this morning was very light... do not remember the exact name... Sweet Pumpkin Cream and Sugar... maybe just the airflow today, who knows...

anyway... these two new scents are nice and refreshing... [smilie=th_hema1]

Hey Jason, great minds think alike. LOVE your new avatar. I think I just may like it better than mine. LOL

I wouldn't mind a bit more detail on that YC Autumn Gold. You seem to give details very good and your expert opinion is required.

Not sure if I should hoard that one or not. Thanks Jay. My favorite nephew is named Jason and I call him Jay. Had to share that with ya. Not sure why. :lol:

Maurie, my aunt calls me Jay, too! Actually, my family rarely calls me Jason. It's always Jase, Jay or even Jakey ( [smilie=th_hema1] I don't mind it one bit. About that Autumn Gold...have you tried YC's Harvest? To me, it smells alot like that one. Notes of cinnamon (not strong), clove and vanilla. But Gold has a cranberry note that kind of distinguishes it. As is usual with Yankee, the tart is quite a bit stronger than the candle, but I have been pleased with the throw on this for a big jar. Hope this helps. I like your avatar, too. Love fall!

Guest Anonymous

Just put on Friendship Tea - Grandma's Homebrewed Tarts, and the last Bamboo Teakwood from Candle Haven.....

Maurie, I forgot to mention that I always stack the tealights on my YC melter, too. What I did was put the little tin thingy from a used tealight upside down and stack my new tealight on top of it. I think I get a better throw doing this and never have problems with my tarts melting.

Today so far I have on Apple Crisp from Crosscreek. Getting a pretty big throw from this one and it smells like a delicious sweet apple dessert. I know I'll put something else on soon, not sure what yet.

Guest Anonymous

I just got home from work and the sun is shining, the air is cool, and it feels like a Fall afternoon. Im going to melt -

Kitchen - Mainstays Gingerbread (doubled up on this one)

Computer Room - Nene's Caramel Apple Cider

Living Room - Front Porch's Caramel Marmalade Danish

Bathroom - Can-Do's Cinnamon Bark

Bedroom - Brown Bag's Cherries and Chestnuts

Kid's Room - Jen's Bubbilicious

U/S Bathroom - Mookie's Twigs and Berries