The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

July's Burst of Scents

Burning YC Oceanside on this very hot day.

I haven't posted in a couple of days because I have a house full of company and it has been very hectic here this past week. Unfortunately my father in law passed away on the 4th of July. The funeral and burial are next week. He has been sick for the past year so I am glad his suffering has come to an end. It is still very sad. It is so hard to grow old and sick. Please keep him in your prayers.

[smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] Oh Michele, you have been having such hard times lately. I am so sorry for the loss of your Father-in-law but your words are wise...he is no longer suffering and is at peace. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Interesting info, Gail! Growing up our little dog always wanted cat food...couldn't get her to eat the dog food at all! [smilie=th_sign0162]

Finally changed the melters...

Key Lime Sugar Cookie from BL....my own little creation! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Sweet - thanks for the scoop - and nope, no tornadoes out here...we have volcanoes!!!

Debra - Volcanoes? :o U mean as in....spewing out hot molten rivers of lava...volcanoes? :blink:

Michele - I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL. Keeping your family in my prayers for peace and comfort. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Trep - that's terribly hot! :shock: Is it humid, 2? We're supposed to get to 101 tomorrow (but I'm hoping it doesn't happen [smilie=th_LaLaLa] ) & then we're supposed to be cooler on Sunday. I hope it cools off for everyone soon!

I'm finally melting TDC's Vanilla Shake. Yesterday I forgot to turn the melter on, so I turned it on. Later I still didn't smell anything & discovered I'd forgotten to put the tart IN the melter. [smilie=th_roll] I'm glad that empty hot bowl didn't break. I'm gonna blame the brain farts on the heat.....works for me. [smilie=th_foolish1]

[smilie=th_bb20]

Michele ~ So sorry about to hear about the loss of your FIL. It is always sad to lose anyone that we love. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Gail ~ That's interesting about the cat food and why dogs like it, except I have one cat that I have caught eating the doggie food on numerous occasions. [smilie=th_scratch]

Spent a couple of hours at the dentist today having a crown prep. Geez! Wasn't prepared for such a harrowing process! [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Candledipper's White Musk in the bedroom

Haley's Twighlight in the bedroom

Homemade Water Blossom Ivy in the meditation room

Victoria's Lemon Sugar Cookie in the great room

Swan Creek Birthday Cake in the kitchen

Homemade Lemon Lavender Type in the utility room

Have a good night! :)

Sweet--this year this awful heat has not had humidity added to it like usual but yesterday it was humid and it is already 80 here at 4 AM and very humid. They are promising relief after today but we will see. It is also bone dry--awful.

NMHoneybear--I feel for you on that crown prep--quite a process.

Starting the day with BH&G Baked Apple Strudel. Have a good one everybody!

- Swan Creek's Roasted Expresso

- CBV What Goes Around Comes Around - still going now even after going all day yesterday!

- TBG Aromatherapy Relaxation

- Tara's Sea Kelp

These are all great!

That's interesting about the cat food and why dogs like it, except I have one cat that I have caught eating the doggie food on numerous occasions. [smilie=th_scratch]

Spent a couple of hours at the dentist today having a crown prep. Geez! Wasn't prepared for such a harrowing process! [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Honeybear - Several of my cats like to eat the pup's food, 2. [smilie=th_pardon] And the others like to play with it & bat it down the cellar stairs. [smilie=th_roll]

My sis has had to have several crowns - is the prep when they do the imprint thingy? She said that's scary cuz it made her choke & think she can't breathe. [smilie=th_cha66] I hope the process is over 4 U soon! [smilie=th_empathy]

I'm melting BL's Citrus Shake Zucchini from a CF friend. [smilie=th_wave] Another [smilie=th_cc15] one! I've been really impressed with all their tarts so far! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Everyone stay as cool as U can [smilie=th_dd5] ....relief is on the way!

Goooood morning! [smilie=th_wave]

Michele, I'm so sorry about your family's loss. You and your loved ones have had so much to bear recently, bless your hearts.

Guess I'm wrong about cats not liking dog food so much. Sorry for the inaccuracy, friends. [smilie=bagover] Thanks for settin' me straight, ladies. I don't know much about cats except that I like 'em a lot (and thought they were picky eaters). I do think it's correct info about cat food being higher in protein though. Unlike dogs, cats are "obligatory carnivores", or so I've been told. [smilie=th_fear8]

I'm still melting Can-Do's Dad's Cucumbers N Cream. [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Gail, who definitely likes her own food and other people's too [smilie=th_lol22]

th_hello.gif

I am melting LSC Iced Oatmeal Cookie. According to my DH, this one smells like burning wood or if you got a bandsaw and you were cutting into some lumber icon_eek.gif I have no clue where the heck he is getting these smells from. I haven't even asked him his opinion, he just walks in and sniffs the air and gets this "look". It is so true, all noses are different!! He is putting a bit of a damper on my melting with his weirdo scent descriptions thoughth_tease1.gif Another hot day on deck, keep cool everyone!! th_wave.gif

Michele, I'm so sorry for the loss your family has had to endure. Thinking of you...

Melting Peach a la Mode from Scentsy.

Good Morning.

Honeybear...Sorry about your teeth...I hope you can find relief soon and put all this behind you.

Shortygal...your DH is very funny....I think his discriptions are hysterical!!!! I know your not laughing but he's a hoot. :D

Gail.... LOL!!!! You are so funny!!!! :D :D :D

This morning its:

Stuffed French Toast from WAHM

Triple Layer Tart from Sweet Fixations

Michele, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sweet - not so much the lava-spew type, the hot ash type...Mt St. Helen's type! Fortunately it has been awhile since it spurted those ash plumes - those were a mess to clean up!

My "l" key is not always working, I type away and notice the words look sorta funny. :o Apologies in advance if I miss a correction and you have no idea what I am trying to say!

Darn it Trep - that is just waaaay too hot. I hope you are right and it is going to cool off. We are finally in the high 80's - after being 68 a week ago!

I am out of town, melting a tart for the bazillionth time - it is in my travel melter (a Scentsy medium size) and it keeps going and going so I have not dumped it out. This is probably the 4th or 5th weekend that I have had it melting! [smilie=th_cc15] Cheryl's Vanilla Oak.

I can't smell anything today...don't know why. [smilie=th_confused3]

We have a heat advisory warning and are supposed to stay indoors...I can't breathe outside due to the disgusting heat...97 degrees feels like 110...and I'm going stir crazy!!! [smilie=th_ANGRY_10]

So, I am changing up the melters:

Summer Days & Beach Retreat...both from Sweet Fixations.

Michele, I'm thinking of you and your family this weekend. We're all so sorry for your loss.

I'm melting CYS Monet's Garden today. Tonight DH and I are going to hang out with some friends and have a chocolate tasting, which we planned BEFORE I heard that apparently it's National Chocolate Day today? Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone needs an excuse...

Hi everyone. I haven't melted anything since June 29th. We had a terrible strom come thur the state of Va,and had alot of damage and power outages. Glad to say we have our power back. Just want to stop in and say hi. Next week hope to going camping.

Hello all :)

For the rest of the day it is CHS Peach Cobbler.

Maggie - He sure has a way with descriptions! lol He says this one smells Eggo waffles and syrup blink.gif I guess the cobbler note? He's a goof th_c61.gif How are you liking Sweet Fixations?

cookielady - I am sorry to hear about the storm :( I am glad your power is back!

This evening I am melting YC Emberlight. YES, melting it. I tried burning it and there was no throw so I cut it up and put it in a couple of melters and it is perfect!! May need to get another to cut up or find someone who can dupe the scent B)

Just started melting Brown Sugar & Marshmallow from Back Road Hobbies. Cold sniff is pretty good so can't wait 'til it's fully melted.

So sorry for your loss Michelle. It's so hard to watch them grow older and with health issues on top. May he rest in peace. I lost my friend, and my massage therapist over the 4th too. I think he had a heart attack at home watching a movie and sometime within the day his VCR caught a wicker set on fire. in his LR. He had not been feeling well for a few weeks and I was concerned since he had had heart surgery several years ago. I am thankful they have determined that he was gone before the fire. Harry was such a kind person, healer, and wonderful therapist. I am in shock and I guess we just never know the last time we really say "see you next week" to someone if there will be a next time. So, I need to melt me up some "Spa" scents in his honour tomorrow.

Hope it's cooler in your neck of the woods. 108 here in Indy today. Relief is coming soon, I hear...

Oh Katz...I am so sorry for the passing of your friend. That is so heartbreaking. It is so true that you just never know what life will bring. Prayers to you. [smilie=th_empathy]

Shortygal ~ The Sweet Fixations tarts are still melting and have an amazing throw. Very impressed with this vendor! :)

Cookielady~ Glad you are back!! That's a LONG time without power...I'd be lost! Hope you didn't get too much damage. You got a lot of meltin' to do! ;) Enjoy your camping trip!

Werkn4wax~ Great NAME!!! LOL

Night, night! [smilie=thzzz003]

Thank you all so much for all your kind words!! It means so much to me. This has really been a terrible year for deaths. We have lost 4 very close relatives within 4 and a half months. Except for my FIL these were not old people. It really makes you appreciate all that you have in life and to enjoy everyday. You guys are the best!!!

Katz-You never do realize that you might never see a person again when you say good bye,

Back from the beach for now and planning to make arrangements for the wake and funeral. I will be hosting the dinner in between the wake. Lots to do tomorrow.

Melted this morning my beachy scents-

YC Oceanside

YC Beach Flowers

YC Christmas at the Beach

YC Sun & Sand

YC Meadow Showers

YC votives in Oceanside

Has anyone heard from Nautilique? I have not read everything since I have been so busy and don't know if I missed her posting.