The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

July's Burst of Scents

Love the name for this month's SOD thread, Michele!

Sweet ~ Enjoying this week with hubby, but have just been informed that he will basically be gone the whole month...except for weekends. [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Debra ~ I never melt/burn my stuff right away either, unless I have more than one of them. [smilie=th_roll]

Jules ~ So funny! I would be using room sprays or huffing tarts just like you. In fact, sometimes even on short trips, I have been known to bring a box of tarts to sniff. Your evening last night with UNO and storm sounds wonderful to me!

Aria ~ I just may e-mail them. I replaced that melter with another brand-new 24W melter from them that I had in my closet, and it doesn't seem to be throwing the same. [smilie=th_scratch] Missing my other one!

Pics, Petals, & Scents Black Raspberry Vanilla in the bathroom

BL Lemonade Cotton Candy in the bedroom

Pics, Petals, & Scents Lemon Meringue Pie in the med room

PP&S Hot Fudge Brownie in the great room

LSC Gingerbread Cookie in the kitchen

Stay cool, everyone!

Hi there again buddies!

This afternoon's melt is Coconut Cream Cookies from BL...complete bliss! bliss.gif

It's sure a scorcher here today! Ozzy wants to stay outside, but has been lying down in the garage...silly pup. He did take a little dip in his kiddie pool...so cute. Every time I have gone to check on him, he is completely content.

As for me, I am staying inside with the AC on...it's too humid out.

I did manage to steam clean the carpeting in the living room. Ozzy has had a few accidents in there and while I did spot clean, I felt that the whole thing could use a good and thorough cleaning. Ate lunch with DS#1 (DS#2 is swimming with a friend), took a shower and now I am chillin' and catching up on the boards a bit. smiley-typing-computer.gif

Exciting life I lead, huh? rotfl2.gif

Have a good afternoon! puppy-run.gif

Sounds like you got things accomplished today, Aria...which is more than I can say. I am so NOT motivated to do anything....and there's lots to do. :(

Honeybear - I am sorry to hear about your DH being gone for a while...but it will be that much sweeter when you see each other on weekends. My sis's DH is always traveling like that. Very hard.

Jules...Raindrops and acorns with UNO? Sounds great! :)

Well...the earlier scents were delicious but didn't last long...5 hours or so.

Added

FM Pink Frosted Cupcake upstairs

Downstairs

CYS Hawaiian Wedding Cake

FM Coconut Cake

CBV Coconut Praline

Mine didn't last terribly long today, either...but they were really good!

- Wildberry Zucchini Mousse

- Cranberry Zucchini Bread

both from Sniff My Tarts

th_Hello_.gif

I'm melting Cake Shoppe from Front Porch :) I am trying to get caught up on some house stuff, mainly laundry. It sure can pile up quickly!

Aria - Coconut Cream Cookies sounds delish! I would totally eat those if they were a real dessert th_pardon.gif

NMhoneybear - Sorry your DH is going to be away _smileyfacehugging_.gif It is tough to be away from each other like that. My DH was in the military years ago, and I can remember how I'd be counting days down when he was gone.

Thanks Sweet! Nope, I didn't take the picture...and as of now- I can't even see it!! Maybe it will show up after I post.

MaggieMae - Maybe I was hallucinating :blink: ...but the avatar I see now isn't the one I saw last nite. Please tell me I haven't lost my mind. [smilie=th_cha66] Again. [smilie=th_foolish1]

Sweet ~ Enjoying this week with hubby, but have just been informed that he will basically be gone the whole month...except for weekends. [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Honeybear - Awww...that's hard being apart all week. Maybe ya'll could go where he is for a few days and he could show U all the neat places he's discovered. Maybe even a few new candle stores.... [smilie=th_c032]

I'm melting CrossCreek's Cinnamon Zucchini Rolls. Sooooo good! [smilie=th_smilies-2]

MaggieMae - Maybe I was hallucinating :blink: ...but the avatar I see now isn't the one I saw last nite. Please tell me I haven't lost my mind. [smilie=th_cha66] Again. [smilie=th_foolish1]

[smilie=th_laughing] You are right Sweet....When I finally saw the avatar it was very bright to me...maybe it's my computer but I couldn't see the picture so good. I'll be changing it a million times before I find the one I want for July...or maybe I'll go back to the first one. [smilie=th_5337c1ad]

Aria~ I love that little running terrier you have there!!! SO CUTE!!!

It is nice to be validated! Unfortunately, we had someone come into work today that was a wee bit...uh...fragrant. (Not in a good way.) Right away coworkers came flying into my office asking for my melter to "freshen things up". Ha! I knew some day they would thank me, LOL! We melted Cheryl's Coconut Milk and Lavender and it was almost too strong for me. :wacko:

Tonight I have on Bella from Bathed & Infused. It is a pink sugar blend with floral, I do believe.

singinintherain.gif Good Morning friends! We are having a glorious thunderstorm here right now...lots of rain, thunder, lightning...love it! We really need the rain too...everything is bone dry here...yay! I do not have to water my flowers and plants today!!!!

Speaking of storms...Ozzy is sound asleep and hasn't flinched once even with all the loud cracks of thunder. Tiger, on the other hand, has been cowering under the couch all morning...poor baby.

Melting Carol's Maple Buttercream Indian Bread...yummers. This was one of Carol's generous freebies and I just know I am going to have to order more of this one! In the mudroom, I have Nene's Lavender Camomile...a favorite scent.

Finishing my coffee and then doing laundry today.cheer2.gif<-----NOT!

Have a great day!

Two of my melters are pumping out the fabulous scent of Mango Tangerine from Backroad Hobbies. My other melters are being neglected for the time being. :o I'll remedy that later on. First, I have a house that needs cleaning.

Thanks for all of the sympathy on my DH having to work so much out of town. You are all very sweet. [smilie=group_hug] It's not like I am totally alone here...after all, I do have all six of my girls! (Two daughters, three kitties, and a small dog) [smilie=yes]

Aria, we had a thunderstorm with rain here, too, last night. It was great!

Supposed to be cleaning house and doing laundry here today, but getting a late start. Just now getting my melters all changed out.

FP Maple Buttercream Bliss in the kitchen

Haley's Strawberry Pancakes in the great room

CC Pink Sugar Rush in meditation room

CC Carnival Cravings in the bedroom

CC Bunny Patch in the bathroom

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Good Afternoon all! :confettistars:

Mpfand...Your avatar is just adorable!!!

I popped on one of the triple layer scents from Sweet Fixations this morning. Since it's a combo scent to begin with, I only used 1 warmer for the entire downstairs...I can't believe it's scenting all over! It's S'mores, Orange Chiffon Cake and Zucchini Bread and when I walked in the house I thought I smelled Banana Nut Bread but I suppose it is Cinnamon Orange Chocolate Bread. Not a chocolate fan here, but it does smell good. [smilie=th_00000020]

Take it easy... [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

OK...I spoke too soon! The chocolate was getting to me...I have noticed that a lot of chocolate scents smell burnt to me. Don't know why? [smilie=th_idontknow] Anyways...changed to the blues...

Silent Bob Goes to the Beach from CBV

Summer Nites from CBV

Blue Hawaiian from BL

Maggie-Your Sweet Fixations order looks and sounds great! I am really wanting to try BL and now Sweet Fixations as well. Those will be my first orders when I do order. I am trying to hold out for a while more.

Melting today LOL Bikini Babe and LOL Pineapple Vanilla Shake. Both smell great.

We just got back from a boat ride. It is another beautiful day at the Jersey Shore!!

Thanks, Maggie! :)

Finished cleaning the downstairs and now I'm ready to start on the upstairs. Have changed out a few more melters.

living room & dining room: Cashmere from Scentsy

my office: Coconut Milk & Lavender from Can-Do

powder room: Ocean from Scentsy

laundry room:- Sunlit Morning from Scentsy

DH's "man cave": Banana Cream Pie from Aunt Nena's

master bedroom & bath: Lavender Vanilla from Scentsy

DD's bedroom & bath: Simply Strawberry from Scentsy

The melters in DS's bedroom and bath and the loft are still sitting cold and empty.

Today I ventured out for some retail therapy--bought a bunch of wax and came home and put on Banana Nut Bread from Yankee. I don't buy Yankee much anymore but still like a few scents. I got two tarts of the Whoopie Pie which is a very nice chocolate scent so will be trying that one soon. It is very hot and dry here still but it was nice to get out and about a little anyway. Hope you all are gearing up for a great holiday tomorrow.

So many of you are housecleaning today! Me, too...

Today I tried:

- Wild Sage (Candle Dippers) - very strong and very odd (jasmine, spice, clover, lemon and plum) - smells very fresh and almost like cleaner so won't be a re-order; nice for a while, though

- Cranberry Yuzu (Candle Dippers) - pretty strong, too; not crazy about it, though

- Kindred Spirits (Scentsible Scents) - really nice scent (orange citrus mixed with spices and topped with ripe cranberries); it is not a tart at all, it is very warm. Good throw in my 15 w melter in small room. :)

It's been a Spotted Hog couple of days recently -- yesterday was Paradise and today is Orange Chiffon Cake.

Melting a combination of Swan Creek Roasted Espresso and Nene's Cinnamon Glazed Fritters....fantastic! [smilie=th_snoopy]

It's been a Spotted Hog couple of days recently -- yesterday was Paradise and today is Orange Chiffon Cake.

Ohhh, you had my favorite! [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] Paradise. Have you tried Mojito from Nene's Kitchen? Its similar to me, and just as yummy.

I'm melting 2 Crabby Gains in the kitchen, and BL Strawberry Birthday cake & Cotton Candy and Front Porch no name in the other rooms. I'm having a mix it up kind of day. [smilie=th_thumbs20up] Oh I forgot my Bathing Garden Coconut Lemongrass in the little girls room.

Great title Candle!

We melted Cheryl's Coconut Milk and Lavender and it was almost too strong for me. :wacko:

Debra - Finally appreciated by your co-workers... :thyay: Maybe once a week U could hint that your 'fragrant' visitor is coming in and U can melt that day 4 sure. [smilie=th_giggle]

Speaking of storms...Ozzy is sound asleep and hasn't flinched once even with all the loud cracks of thunder. Tiger, on the other hand, has been cowering under the couch all morning...poor baby.

Aria - Awww...poor Tiger. :( I didn't know some kitties were scared of thunderboomers. Is he scared of fireworks 2?

Mpfand...Your avatar is just adorable!!!

[smilie=iagree] I luv Snoopy, too! [smilie=th_snoopy]

I'm melting BL's Lemonade Cotton Candy from a CF friend. [smilie=th_wave] All their lemon scents that I've tried have been fantastic! [smilie=th_yay]