The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

July's Burst of Scents

Finally relaxing for the evening...

Kringle Candle Baker's Vanilla pillar...a light vanilla and looks really pretty burning

HHS Coconut Hibiscus jar...love this scent [smilie=th_00000020]

We only use our cell phones...no land lines here, but I do dread answering when I don't recognize the number.

I don't know why I ever let the Kirby people in. What was I thinking? Come to think of it, just about a week or so ago a salesman approached me while I was gardening. He wanted to replace all of our windows! Our house is only 6 years old! He kept going on and on about how we have crappy builder grade windows and how they waste energy blah, blah, blah...I just laughed at him and told him there is no way we are replacing 6 year old windows!!! In my head, I was thinking "Get the heck off my property."[smilie=th_m4t3zo4] [smilie=th_u51]

Another rant... [smilie=th_sorry_] ... [smilie=hijacked] [smilie=bagover]

sweet, looking forward to Ozzy scaring away strangers!!!! [smilie=eek] [smilie=th_moredrama]

Anyone heard from Nautilique(Laurie) or TJsmom (Stella)? Maybe they are taking a break for the summer...

[smilie=th_offtobed] Have a good night...

Thanks for the update on LSC, Maggie!

I found an old YC - one of the ones with the round label - and so it is going in the melter to see if anything is left in it - Christmas Berries.

I get to stay up late with my vampire daughters since DH is out-of-town. [smilie=th_smilies-1] We made s'mores a little while ago after toasting marshmallows over the stove. Now I'm hanging out on CF and plotting orders. :blink: Shame on me!

Been cleaning house today and doing some laundry and then did some yoga. Have had a bunch of tarts going...

SMT Blueberry Bread

SMT Maple Pecan Rolls

SMT Pumpkin Spice Latte

SMT Sweet 16

TBG Vanda Orchid (again in a different room :) )

TBG Sparkling Mango

Homemade Rain Water

HHS Iced Cinnamon Donuts

HHS Marshmallow Lime Cupcakes

HHS Caramel Coconut Cake ~ no throw on these :(

Phew! That's a whole lotta wax! [smilie=th_c61]

Okay, gonna go out on a limb here and say that I do know Stella had an emergency appendectomy a couple of weeks ago and then got an infection a week later and had to go in again for surgery last Tuesday. Have not heard another thing from her at this point. I have been reluctant to say anything here since I don't know her very well at all, as we had only just begun communicating on FB right before this happened. BUT, under the circumstances...I think prayers, good thoughts and vibes, and any other good mojo are now in order. Here's to a speedy recovery, Stella! We miss you, girl!

Honeybear--thanks for the update on Stella--it sounds like she can use all the prayers and good wishes she can get--bless her heart.

Stella--if you are reading this--you have my thoughts and prayers for a quick and complete recovery.

Starting this day out with Scentsationals Fresh Baked Bread--love this one.

Have great day everybody!

Yesterday afternoon & today:

- Rattlesnake Grass (LSC) - this is quite nice but is not a "fresh" scent like the description says...it reminds me of Jo Malone Orange Blossom which always smelled heavy-ish to me (like gardenia...nice but heavy). Not sure if it is the same scent, but on the same lines, at least.

- Lavender Martini (TBG) - pretty sharp - okay for a bathroom

- da Lime in da Coconut (Tara's) - smells a little stale; most of the lime and coconut tarts I've tried lately smell that way to me. Tickled Pink Scentsations had a great lime & sugar tart and I still haven't found one similar.

Good morning [smilie=th_blij51]

Melting Banana Nut Bread from Can-Do

honeyb, thanks for the update on Stella...sure do wish her a speedy recovery. I didn't know vampires like smores! B)

At my wit's end with my older DS lately...it's putting me in a bit of a funk. [smilie=th_confused3] [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Good Morning all!

Honeybear...Thanks for posting about Stella! Vampire smores? I was up playing cards with the vampires last night! LOL

Stella- Get well wishes and prayers sent your way! Hope you are up and back soon!!! ((HUGS))

Aria...Stay strong my friend...they are supposed to drive us nuts!!!! :rolleyes:

I was weeding my Dads house and my house and I got poison oak and/or sumac all over my arms....ouch....one of the twins got it all over her legs..yikes! I've gotten poison ivy so many times that I know what that looks like but didn't know about the others...and I'm a country girl...go figure. :huh: After some research....it looks like we have a MEGA poison sumac TREE on the side of our house! :o. Guess who's taking that down? Not me!

Rewarming the White Rabbits Pocket Watch...which the eldest DD did not like...but I LOVE it!

Have a good one. :)

Hi all! I'm melting LB Fruit Loop Marshmallows today. It's a fine one, right up my alley.

DH and I have really been enjoying "overnight oats" lately -- where you mix together some yogurt, milk, rolled oats, and fruit, put it in the fridge overnight, and eat it cold the next morning! A delightful and wholesome summer breakfast. Has anyone else ever tried this?

Good Morning!

Stella-Get well soon!!

cmarie-that breakfast sounds good! What are rolled oats? I have read about them being good for you but don't know where to get them. That sounds like a great breakfast.

We are heading back to the beach tonight for the weekend. I just need some relaxation.

I am still trying to hold off ordering and making some dent in my out of control stash.

Today's melts-

Bella's Ice Cream Cone

LSC Southern Orange Brulee

LSC Orange Cream Smoothie

It smells great in here!

Have a great day everyone!!

Morning! [smilie=th_316785e4]

We were up too late working on a puzzle. This girl's gonna need a nap later.

It's a HHS kind of day...

Caramel Coconut Cake

Raspberries & Cream

Iced Cinnamon Donuts

Marshmallow Lime Cupcakes

Glazed Jelly Donut

...and SMT Blueberry Bread again in the kitchen.

Aria ~ I feel your pain. At my wit's end with my older DD, too. Funny how they claim to be so mature, yet cannot complete even the simplest tasks without endless prodding and cajoling. UGH!

Christy ~ Those "overnight oats" sound delicious. Do you cook the oats first? And would you mind sharing what ratios you use for that? I would love to try it!

Have a good one! [smilie=th_smiley-yawn]

Stella, prayers for a speedy recovery! I hope you're already well on the road to robust health! [smilie=th_empathy]

Maggie, that must feel horrid! Get better soon and get rid of that tree, buddy! [smilie=crap]

NMHoney, thanks for letting us know about Stella. Have a nice afternoon snooze! [smilie=thzzz003]

Candlelove, enjoy your weekend at the beach. [smilie=th_aa17]

Christy, I'm curious about the rolled oats too. Please spill the beans - er, oats and yogurt - re the details.

We're in a cooling trend now, going down to around 102 but with lots of humidity and thunderstorms on the way. My front courtyard faces south so is sunny and hot in the afternoon. I could NOT believe how high the thermometer climbed yesterday. It was in the sun, but still... 136 degrees! [smilie=th_OMG]

I'm melting Can-Do's Perfect Pineapple and pretending I'm in Tahiti. [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Gail

cmarie-that breakfast sounds good! What are rolled oats? I have read about them being good for you but don't know where to get them. That sounds like a great breakfast.

Oh, it's just the "old-fashioned" oats you'd get in a cardboard canister at the grocery store, like Quaker. There are other kinds of oats like "steel-cut," so rolled is just a way of saying normal oatmeal. Just not the quick-cooking or instant kind.

Christy ~ Those "overnight oats" sound delicious. Do you cook the oats first? And would you mind sharing what ratios you use for that? I would love to try it!

The awesome thing is that you don't have to cook them at all (yay!), just put them in the fridge overnight and by morning, they soak up moisture from the dairy. It's about 1/4 cup oats, 1/3 cup milk, 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, plus whatever fruit-type stuff you want to add. Then when you're about to eat it, my big tip is to add a tiny bit of honey so it doesn't taste too tangy from the yogurt -- but you don't need much honey to make it taste good.

Here are the recipes I've been using:

Original 6 flavor combination recipes.....plus 8 more flavors that were added later

P.S. trep, looks like I cross-posted with you -- yep, you're right!

[smilie=hijacked]

Christy- Thanks for the recipe...that looks GREAT!!! I am gonna try it tonight!

Thank you Gail! :thwetkissf: You're a sweetie...I am feeling much better since it first happened! Briana....not yet! Poor gal!

Gonna change up the scents:

Homemade tarts from a CF pal:

Sour Cream Spice Zucchini

Zucchini Mallow Bread

Brown Sugar Zucchini

Everything smells [smilie=th_c032] Fantastic!!!!

Have a good one. :)

Good afternoon...

I made another yummy concoction of scents earlier...CFTKR Glazed Cinnamon Donuts + Sugar Cookie Latte = YUMMO!

Christy, that oatmeal recipe sounds good for summer. I love diced bananas in hot oatmeal...so good.

Aria ~ I feel your pain. At my wit's end with my older DD, too. Funny how they claim to be so mature, yet cannot complete even the simplest tasks without endless prodding and cajoling. UGH!

So true! DS finally got the lawn mowed today after I reminded him several times and even then he took several long breaks!

Wow, Gail, you guys are really having a heatwave!

Maggie, I know they're supposed to drive us nuts, but I don't have very far to go!!!! nutz.gif rotfl2.gif

MaggieMae - Ouch! :wacko: Hope U and Briana feel better soon!

Honeybear - Thanks for letting us know about Stella. [smilie=th_clap1] I was thinking she was off somewhere with the bike races having fun. [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Stella [smilie=th_ef3416a0] - if you're checking in - sending prayers for healing for U and hope to see U soon!

Puppy - [smilie=th_sSig_what] Geez Louise - that's boiling HOT! In that kind of heat U can't even go out to play with the pups. :( I hope it cools down 4 U soon.... even if only to the lower 90's.

Christy - Those are yummy! [smilie=yes] I've tried something very similar to that in our cafeteria at work, only they layer the items to make it more of a 'parfait'. They probably make it purdy so they can charge more. [smilie=th_giggle]

I'm melting Backroad Hobbie's Brown Sugar Zucchini Bread from a CF friend. [smilie=The_Hi] This is one where the ZB isn't overwhelming the other scent, a good blend of both....deeelish! [smilie=th_aa17]

Good evening all!

I've been busy with housework all day, so I decided to take a break and try Chocolate Covered Cherries (BRH) - Its a moderate throw and smells just like Queen Anne Cordial Cherries (which I love)

Stella, I hope you're feeling better soon! Thanks for letting us know, Honeybear.

Magggie, hope you and your DD recover quickly. Ouch!

Christy, thanks for sharing about your overnight oats. I love oatmeal, but I don't feel like cooking it and then eating something hot in the summer so this sounds like a great (and easy) alternative!

Melting Brown Sugar Pound Cake from Back Road Hobbies.

Hey Jules...where ya going? [smilie=th_dancing_smile] Yeah... road trips!!!

Thanks Sweet and Mpfand! One day at a time... [smilie=th_teks0311]

Still melting the same scents as earlier...deeeelicious! :)