The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Celebrating our "Scentipendance" with...

So Cat, how does that candle smell? That is a very unusual combo!

Illuminations candle: Tuscan olive

Cheryl's melt: 4 leaf clover

:)

I won't be melting anything new today - my son's at Boy Scout camp this week and tonight is parent's night, so we'll be there until later tonight. But I still have Coconut Cream Cake from CFTKR and Flip Flops from Bella's in from yesterday, and these were pretty long lasting.

So Cat, how does that candle smell? That is a very unusual combo!

It is not as bad as I thought it would be-the grape mellows out the liquorice so it is bearable. I have it going upstairs and it is kind of drifting down now and again. It was a candle of the month a few months ago and I have not had the guts to burn it until now.

If you like a mild,fresher liquorice-then you will like this one.

Guest Anonymous

Switched out the afternoon melts to CFTKR Clean Crisp Air (I think that's what it's called), and Can-Do's Black Raspberry Vanilla - which is throwing GREAT! I was still giving the rest of that Can-Do sampler a chance and it's doing much better.....I'm going to do another order in scents that I pick myself :)

Guest Anonymous
Great news about Gage, Heidi! [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Melting CFTKR glazed raspberry danish. Ummmmmm.

How is this one? I've tried all of the other glazed danishes and they are all wonderful. I was afraid to try raspberry because if it's not a bakery type (meaning that the raspberry part smells more like raspberry zinger and less like a floral type of raspberry scent) I tend not to like it.

Sorry I'm late getting back to you - this work thing is getting in the way of posting! lol

Anyhoooo... it smells like a true bakery/fruity raspberry to me, not floral (not a fan of

florals, either). If you've liked all the other danishes, I think you'll like this one, too. :P

Melting Can Do's banana nut bread.

Heidi, I'm glad Gage is feeling better and playing with friends. Good sign. Of course, I have some cake for you and the little ones!

Mom, thanks for the recommendation. I love the scent Sage & Citrus, but I have been striking out lately.

This evening, Violet Lime from HoT - wonderful! The scent throw is all through my open area. Key Lime Pie from Chelez - not so much.

Guest Anonymous
Mom, thanks for the recommendation. I love the scent Sage & Citrus, but I have been striking out lately.

No problem - I like it too, but not from every vendor either. I just got a big bag of it from K's myself [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Thank you so much Sweet&SpiceyGirl. I'm going to order that one tonight. It sounds delicious.

Good evening everyone! I've spent most of the day battling a nasty wasp that somehow made its way into my house. I'm deathly afraid of these nasty buggers. Spent 3 hours walking around the house in DH's ski jacket with a bottle of wasp killer but had no luck. 5 hours later I still can't find him. I hoping that it went off and died somewhere but most likely its hiding and just waiting for me to be without the wasp killer in my hand. That baby is sleeping next to the bed tonight!

Anywhoo...I'm melting Pumpkin Flapjacks. Yummy!

Guest Anonymous
Thank you so much Sweet&SpiceyGirl. I'm going to order that one tonight. It sounds delicious.

Good evening everyone! I've spent most of the day battling a nasty wasp that somehow made its way into my house. I'm deathly afraid of these nasty buggers. Spent 3 hours walking around the house in DH's ski jacket with a bottle of wasp killer but had no luck. 5 hours later I still can't find him. I hoping that it went off and died somewhere but most likely its hiding and just waiting for me to be without the wasp killer in my hand. That baby is sleeping next to the bed tonight!

You're welcome LLVV! I'm interested in the pumpkin flapjacks, too. Is there a maple note

to that? (LOVE pumpkin! Maple...not so much).

I hear ya about those nasty wasps! I do hope that bugger shows itself so you can kill it

before you go to bed. I hate bugs! I put the cats on bug patrol every day.....but they just

laugh at me. :P I especially hate centipedes......WAY gross. I don't even want to get

close to em......rather just shoot em. Now, that'd give the neighbors something to talk about, wouldn't it? [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

[smilie=th_12E9EC16]

LLVV, I'm sorry, but the image of someone walking around the house in a big ski jacket holding a can of Raid absolutely cracked me up...then the picture of the wasp lurking around with an evil grin on its face :P ...too funny! It won't be funny if it bites you, but still...anyway, you'll probably find it dead and curled up on the windowsill tomorrow morning!

Got back early from the Scout camp thing along with our son, who hasn't showered in a week. So for those reasons I definitely need to melt! I need something good and strong, so I'm going with Crosscreek's Berry Bundt Cake and her Country Berry Hotcakes.

Pumpkin Flapjacks does have a heavy maple scent to it...sort of like pancakes with maple syrup but spiced pumpkin also stands out. If you're not into maple syrup types of scents then you may want to stick with her other pumpkin scents. She has a huge selection and most of them are very good. Pumpkin Crunch Cake, Pumpkin Cheesecake, and Pumpkin Bars are among her best ones. I didn't care for the Pumpkin Noel one. In theory those two scents should be fabulous together but for some reason they didn't work well with my nose.

I know, I looked totally ridiculous with the ski jacket, especially with the outside temperature at 85. I'd die if anyone except for DD saw me. If anyone else had seen me they would had hauled me off to hospital. [smilie=th_12E9EC16] I always worry that when we're in a public place a wasp is going to fly over by me because I always start screaming and running around like I'm nuts.

Bit o Honey Cake - HoT. Man, this is strong and good!

Verbena Berries - Sugar & Spice

Lime Sugar - Cheryl's

I just put the other two on, so no judgement yet. Actually, I just put all of them on, but the Bit O Honey Cake started throwing immediately!

DD put Dreama on in the LR this evening.I've been too busy doing laundry to change it out.

Have a fabulous night and great morning!

Today I melted Cottage Hill Creations Watermelon Kick and burned my YC Sun&Sand candle.

Watermelon kick is devine and the YC Sun&Sand I love as well. The YC was reminding me of Lemon/Lavender and I went on the YC website to read the description and now I know why. There is citrus and lavender in the Sun&Sand with orange blossom and then a teeny bit of a soft musk(not patchouli) in the mix. If you love YC Lemon/Lavender as I do, then you will enjoy this one.

Would definately reorder the Watermelon Kick from CHC and YC Sun&Sand I WILL have again. I have the pump airfreshner in my car and have attached a hanging car freshner to my furbabies liter box. Sun&Sand is a new favorite of mine and I bet they discontinue it soon. That always happens to me!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Maurie, I don't think you need to worry about them discontinuing Sun & Sand. I read somewhere that it has been Yankee's best-selling Summer fragrance for the last couple of years, so I think it will remain a staple in their line.

Tonight, I am trying YC's new Chocolate Cupcake again. I wish I could say my opinion has changed on this one, but again I am getting only a very light throw and I can't even really detect a chocolate note to it. Just smells like pleasant, sweet wax. I doubt I'll be buying it again. Also, have in YC's Blueberry Scone in the BR and it is smelling as fabulous as usual. This is a new favorite for me! Trying to burn through some of these Yankees, but anxiously awaiting my new orders!