The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Celebrating our "Scentipendance" with...

Heidi, I am hoping for a false alarm! We are anxious to hear what you find out.

Today I am melting tarts in bags with scent names and no vendor name...from the results I can probably guess why no one is claiming them!

I have tried:

Orchard - good for about an hour

Melontini - had to sniff right on top of it

a pink rose shape - smells like a melon gone bad

a blueberry oil - and everyone said it smelled like rotten apples.

I think I will retire the melters until this evening...

Hope things work out okay for your family Heidi. Big hugs to you!

I came home from work and put on Nene's-Sun Showers

Candle Haven-White Cherry Blossom

Good afternoon everyone!

Heidi - I'm so sorry that this is still going on and that your older son may have it. I have my fingers crossed for you that the germs leave your house.

I'm still melting Sugar Cane & Vanilla and Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti. I've been in and out all day so the melters haven't been constantly on. I'm getting tired of both of them so I'm going to change them soon. I know for sure that tonight I'll be melting Pound Cake upstairs. I'll probably get the downstairs melter ready for something new tomorrow. Not sure yet what that will be.

Changed out for the late, late afternoon burn....

In the comp room it is American Apple Pie by Blue Gecko and it is superb and a huge thrower. In the Living Room it is Lilac Blossoms by Blue Gecko. This one has none of the pungent green scent of some and none of the sweet sweetness of others....this one is true and absolutely beautiful and a huge thrower as well. I am making my way through the 2 samplers which was my first order from this company. I have finished the summer scents and they were all repeat order scents for me. It seems like the florals are going to be too. I recommend this company, but do not take this as promoting. I order from lots of vendors but am really impressed by this one. I also have a 4 oz candle tin to try in Pink Sugar.

Have a great evening everyone. :(

Orange Buttermilk Parfait from Crosscreek

ETA - Heidi, I hope everything turns out OK with Cole and that it's not a recurrence of the MRSA. In addition to the horrible worry, it must be so frustrating when you keep cleaning and the kids keep getting sick! Other than disinfecting and making sure they wash their hands once in a while, there's really not much else you can do.

Honeysuckle - BloomWick. Just put it on.

Black Ginger & Bamboo - Soy Lovely. Thinking I should have let this cure more. Nice, clean scent, but not very strong at all. :( I'll let the rest of the order cure some.

Guest Anonymous

Mmmm - Quickly plopped a Can-Do tart in before I ran out the door to take my daughter to the library this afternoon, and came back home to a REALLY nice scent permeating the air. It was Pared Pears, from the sampler I ordered. I would never have thought to order this one myself but I really like it!

Melting Sweet Maple Wood Flower in the kitchen. Great throw. Melting dragon blood in the bedroom.

Guest Anonymous

Heidi - prayers for a good report for Cole!

Candles, Melts & More - Vanilla Extract

Mmmm - Quickly plopped a Can-Do tart in before I ran out the door to take my daughter to the library this afternoon, and came back home to a REALLY nice scent permeating the air. It was Pared Pears, from the sampler I ordered. I would never have thought to order this one myself but I really like it!

momuvtwo... did you ever get the Can-Do tarts to melt in the 14w? (sorry if you replied about this somewhere... I've been out of town, so I have missed some of the posts).

Guest Anonymous

momuvtwo... did you ever get the Can-Do tarts to melt in the 14w? (sorry if you replied about this somewhere... I've been out of town, so I have missed some of the posts).

Fleur - I'm sorry, I'm not sure I did post......It was a definite, 'no-go' :( I did just get a couple of the tart pans from Can-Do to try them in, but I can tell you I dont really like the way they look on the 14-watt melters without the dish so I don't see myself trying too hard to use them......The Can-Do's do fine in the 20-watt or tealight melters so far.

Sweet&Spicey, how is that one?

Just put in Buttercream Crunch from Sugar & Spice. Wonderful cold smell. Hope it pans out.

Guest Anonymous

It's a good one Cyn! Does it smell exactly like the vanilla extract in our kitchen cupboards? Nope, but it comes pretty close. [smilie=th_jaja]

It's a good one Cyn! Does it smell exactly like the vanilla extract in our kitchen cupboards? Nope, but it comes pretty close. [smilie=th_jaja]

Oh, thank-you for that information. I'm finding several of hers I like.

Hi all! Well, we ended up at the hospital, but Cole did not have to stay. The doctor saw him, squeezed some of the "yuck" out of his boils, and prescribed a heavy duty antibiotic. My dh is going to pick that up right now. We're supposed to go back in 3 days so that the doctor can see if he'll need one of them lanced (the one on his stomach hasn't opened on its own like the other two). So, we're home, and Cole seems no worse for the wear. He's thrilled that he didn't have to spend the night at the hospital. Thanks for all of the well wishes. We're pretty sure that it's MRSA, but we won't know for sure for a couple of days.

On a happier note, my house smelled wonderful when I got home. Man, that cactus & sea salt from missy's sure is a strong one. It's in my bedroom with the door closed, and I could still smell it when I walked in the back door.

Heidi, glad to hear Cole did not have to stay in the hospital. Hope the antibiotics help and he's all better soon!

Tonight I am excited to post my scent of the day and it is not Yankee! I have on Busy Bee's Carrot Cake. It smells wonderful, strong and alot like carrot cake with rich frosting! I tried another carrot cake in a tart someone sent me one time that was quite simply nasty, so I'm very pleased this one is good! In the BR, I have on Maple Pecan Roll from Busy Bee. It's still not completely melted because it is in an electric, but it's all ready trying to throw. Will update later on that one.

Guest Anonymous

Heidi, I'll keep Cole in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Not melting right now, almost bedtime so everything is off. I was melting Pink Grapefruit from Nene's earlier.

Fleur - I'm sorry, I'm not sure I did post......It was a definite, 'no-go' :lol: I did just get a couple of the tart pans from Can-Do to try them in, but I can tell you I dont really like the way they look on the 14-watt melters without the dish so I don't see myself trying too hard to use them......The Can-Do's do fine in the 20-watt or tealight melters so far.

thanks momuvtwo... I figured the 14w would have a hard time with the Can-Do tarts... but I love those tarts and melt them in my 20w melter with no problem.

Heidi... glad to hear you are home... wishing Cole a speedy recovery... [smilie=th_jaja]

Glad the branching out is working out so well, Jason!

Tonight is better than this morning.

Ugly Duckling - mango and mandarin

Bloomwick - Pomegranite

Hooray, I can smell these!

Guest Anonymous

momuvtwo - I hope everything goes okay with Cole . My thoughts are with you .

My Honeysuckle from Bloomwick is doing well. Not really strong, like the website mentions, but I can definitely smell it. Smells just like the vines.

Buttercream Crunch from Sugar & Spice is good and yummy!