The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Celebrating our "Scentipendance" with...

Yesterday I melted a freebie from Can-do that was lemon something. It lasted about 36 hours and was to die for. Now I've got bluebery something from Brown Bag...not really throwing..going to change it. Yesterday I went into a differennt yankee stoe and had time to smell the fall scents. I really love Autumn gold and Cinnamon sugar!

Good morning fellow scent lovers! [smilie=th_806e4b7f]

This morning I'm melting Christmas Splendor (Why in July? I have no clue but it's a nice spicy scent.) and Pumpkin Flapjacks. I was hoping that this morning when I woke up I'd find a dead wasp in one of my tart bowls. I once found a dead fly in one. No such luck so my wasp hunting mission continues. [smilie=th_crying]

Dabba, I smelled the Cinnamon Sugar at YC and it does smell wonderful! It reminds me of cinnamon buns. I wasn't impressed with the smell of Chocolate Cupcake. Their Vanilla Cupcake is so much better. Chocolate Cupcake smelled like plastic to me but maybe it needs some heat to get the scent smelling good. I also liked the smell of Mulling Spices and Blueberry Scone. Awh, now I have to go to YC today and get some votives. [smilie=th_e3301ae2]

This morning, tried Strawberry Lime Margarita from HoT. Smelled great cold, but that fake strawberry smell is coming out as is melts.

Biolage from Tropical Breezes - this is good for about 2 hours then it will poop.

Off to brave the heat while shopping. Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!

Dabba..I would love to know what that lemon is from Can-Do! I've been on a search for the perfect lemon for a long time.

This morning I'm melting Lemon Sugar and Candeid Violets from CH. It's too soon to tell whether I like that violet scent in it. It has only been on for 30 min.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Guest Anonymous
Good morning fellow scent lovers! [smilie=th_806e4b7f]

This morning I'm melting Christmas Splendor (Why in July? I have no clue but it's a nice spicy scent.) and Pumpkin Flapjacks. I was hoping that this morning when I woke up I'd find a dead wasp in one of my tart bowls. I once found a dead fly in one. No such luck so my wasp hunting mission continues. [smilie=th_crying]

Dabba, I smelled the Cinnamon Sugar at YC and it does smell wonderful! It reminds me of cinnamon buns. I wasn't impressed with the smell of Chocolate Cupcake. Their Vanilla Cupcake is so much better. Chocolate Cupcake smelled like plastic to me but maybe it needs some heat to get the scent smelling good. I also liked the smell of Mulling Spices and Blueberry Scone. Awh, now I have to go to YC today and get some votives. [smilie=th_e3301ae2]

LLVV - When bees and wasps get separated from their group they can't survive beyond 8-9 hours I've been told (and have a little experience with it but won't go into the whole boring story). Even if you can't see it, it's probably dead by now.

Currently melting Pine Point Awapuhi Seaberry. Smells exactly like the rest of the scents I've tried - strong, but the same.

Guest Anonymous

Melting one of CFTKR's new fall scents in a sampler I got ....Pumpkin & Chestnuts.

Ohhhhhhh yeah! It's a good one. Not an overly spicy pumpkin, more like a casserole of

pumpkin and squash, with lots of butter to make it creamy and some brown sugar to

sweeten it up. Yum yum...gimme some. If it's this good on a hot summer day...... it'll be

perfect for fall. [smilie=th_806e4b7f]

Guest Anonymous
Melting one of CFTKR's new fall scents in a sampler I got ....Pumpkin & Chestnuts.

Ohhhhhhh yeah! It's a good one. Not an overly spicy pumpkin, more like a casserole of

pumpkin and squash, with lots of butter to make it creamy and some brown sugar to

sweeten it up. Yum yum...gimme some. If it's this good on a hot summer day...... it'll be

perfect for fall. [smilie=th_806e4b7f]

I can't wait to order her fall stuff...I have too many summer scents to get through and wouldn't use them until September anyway, but I'm counting the days!

Melting Hazelnut Cappucino-Cobblestone-not what I want this morning so I'll probably dump it.

Good Day Sunshine-Nene's in the kitchen.

Heart...it wasn't labeled...actually thought it was going to be a birthday cupcake (had sprinkles on it) but then it came out lemon! I am now melting Txas Bluebonnet from Texas Scentsations...terrific throw! :oops:

Had a very cute little mini candle from Illuminations going - melted once before: Tuscan Olive Grove. It had the greensy woodsy thing going, and I liked it. This morning, however, I closed the door and when I came back in the room it smelled like cod liver oil! OMG it was so horrible! (There is a smell from the late 60's I'd like to forget - grandma thought everyone needed a spoonful each day to stay healthy). :oops:

So, now I am airing out and have a Backroads Eucalyptus Spearmint going, with Good Morning from YC waiting to be melted a little later.

Debra, I know what you mean about the olive scent being terrible. The only olive scent i will order is from CCS and that is My Olive Blossom. This one is so fabulous and nothing at all like the other olive ones. I learned not to order anything called Olive Blossom from anyone. i stick with CCS only. That is the one that is beautiful to my nose.

This morning it is Black raspberry Vanilla in the kitchen from Kreations by Kathie, in the living room it is Cheryl's new Raspberry Zinger and this is so good. I can actually smell the sweet, lucious, yellow cake with a hint of Raspberry. Most are just Raspberry to my nose.

In the comp room it is Rootbeer Float from Blue Gecko and though it is just starting the rootbeer smell is so real. This one is a real keeper.....Just like the old A&W drive in and the smell as you passed around the rootbeer floats in the car!!!!

hope everyone has a good one.

LLVV, I hope you find that wasp carcass....I hate those things too.

That coffee had to go!

Thanks Maurie-I love this one too! I just wish it lasted longer!

I put in Vaniglia Del Madagascar-LOL, and Sugar Cookie-Busy Bee.

It is cold,rainy, and dreary-so I am breaking out the baking scents!

Good morning fellow scent lovers! :oops:

This morning I'm melting Christmas Splendor (Why in July? I have no clue but it's a nice spicy scent.) and Pumpkin Flapjacks. I was hoping that this morning when I woke up I'd find a dead wasp in one of my tart bowls. I once found a dead fly in one. No such luck so my wasp hunting mission continues. :P

Dabba, I smelled the Cinnamon Sugar at YC and it does smell wonderful! It reminds me of cinnamon buns. I wasn't impressed with the smell of Chocolate Cupcake. Their Vanilla Cupcake is so much better. Chocolate Cupcake smelled like plastic to me but maybe it needs some heat to get the scent smelling good. I also liked the smell of Mulling Spices and Blueberry Scone. Awh, now I have to go to YC today and get some votives. :shock:

Hope you have better luck with the Chocolate Cupcake than I did. Melted it twice now and heat doesn't help it! The other new ones are all pretty good and a few are amazing!

Finishing up Clean Cotton - Texas Scentsations. Not much throw.

Cherry Lime Freeze - HoT. Nothing yet.

Picnic in the Park - The Little Candle Shop. Too lazy to go check.

Blueberry Cheesecake - CH. This is good if I don't leave it on too long.

Guest Doe

Strawberry smoothie- Crosscreek

Lemon bundt cake- NeNe's

Beach walk- Yankee

House smells wonderful!!

I'm back from the Yankee store. I bought a dozen votives and smelled the soy candles. I wasn't that impressed. IMO, the packaging isn't very good and the scents are ok. I've burned a lot of soy candles made by small mom and pop stores and those are much better and stronger smelling (cold) than Yankee's. The only 2 that really impressed me were the Bushels of something one and the Cranberry one. I was thinking about picking up a room spray. Has anyone tried these? Are they any good? I have a walk in closet that gets no ventillation and would like to spray something in there.

Tonight I'm melting Cherries & Chestnuts but will probably change it out for something else. I'm not too crazy about it. It's just ok. I'll be burning a Frosted Pumpkin votive when it gets darker.

LLVV, I bought a couple of the room sprays in Macintosh and Vanilla Lime. They both work quite well, although the Macintosh seems to be a bit stronger and longer lasting than the Vanilla Lime.

Tonight I'm melting:

Frosted Cherry Cupcake and Serendipity, both from Crosscreek. The Cherry Cupcake is one of her new scents and I love it!

American Cream from Bella's

Cherry Slushie and Strawberry Crunch, both from Tuscadero's

Have a great night everyone!

Today what's melting at our house is:

Orange Peel by Essential Pleasures. (this has NO throw at all. Not sure if these are duds or what. I've had other ones that smelled nice, but no go for this one.)

Moonlight Magic from Dew Drop Scents. (this one is just perfumy to me. Kinda blah.)

:(

Guess I'm not having much luck today.

Lemon Chamomile,Raspberry Rain-both are Glade oils-put them in the bathrooms(they smell great).

Burning a Vanilla Layer candle from somewhere-can't remember.

That sugar cookie from Busy Bee is strong! Loving it!

Guest Anonymous

Today I've had Mandarin Medley going - Can-Do and Cashmere and Silk from CFTKR.

Melters are off for the night - we have a church dinner to go to. Back at it in the morning. Have a great night, everyone!