The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Celebrating our "Scentipendance" with...

Good morning! I hope all those that are feeling bad today get well soon. My little Gage, who has had to go through so much lately, now has a fever of 102.5. I think he's allergic to sulfa, just like I am. When I had Cole (now 9), I got an infection and the dr. put me on a sulfa antibiotic. By the 10th day, I had a 105 fever and an itchy rash all over. Gage is having the exact same symptoms as I did. His little face is red and rashy, but so far his body looks ok. The nurse came this morning, and said to just give him motrin and make sure he drinks a lot. I feel so sorry for him. Just as he was getting well enough to go out and play, he has to stay inside and lie around again.

On to the melting...

sheer gardenia from yc in the computer room - this one is just lovely

butter rum from missy's tempting tarts in the kitchen - yum!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

;) Good morn, everyone. Hope those of you that are feeling bad, soon feel better.

I have my first WoodWick Fusion candle going this morn, Caramel Apple.

Have melting: April's Heavenly Strawberry Delight by Cathy 4 kids.

Susan

Oh, Heidi, I am sorry to hear there is more to deal with! Shoot, this is summer, I hope he is well soon so he can go out and play!

Mom- Mango mint tea? Mmmmmmm...sounds very good. ;)

Thanks all, for asking about the wax spill - the "wax" is gone - still working on the "pink"!

Today is another round of a Root candle on the warmer - Eternal.

Heidi I hope your DS feels better!

Today I'm melting Autumn Celebration. I think it's a spicy fragrance.

Hello!

Today I am melting Head Over Heels In Love by Brown Bag....love this scent....it's been discontinued though....bummer.

Hi everyone,

So far today I have only melted Nene's Strawberry Butter Cookie. I love it. I am actually enjoying it more than Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies that many vendors have. That one can sometimes just me ill.

Hot and humid here on Long Island today. I would rather be on the island of Aruba. At least there you have trade winds.

Heidi, I am so sorry to hear about Gage. That little guy (and mom) have certainly had enough now. Hang in there dear.

Off to finish reading a bit and then clean up around the house. Have a wondeful day guys.

Citrus and Teakwood from carolscandlesandgifts.com

THIS SCENT IS AMAZING!!! I HAVE FOUND A NEW FAVORITE!!!!

EXCUSE ME... I meant cherylscandlesandgifts.com

Gage's fever has gone down (last I checked it was 100.5) and he's playing the xbox with his older brother, so I guess he's feeling a little better. His little cheeks are still so red and rashy, though. But, his knee looks amazing, and you can hardly tell he had surgery .

This afternoon, it's pink sugar from huckleberry layne in the living room. You just can't go wrong with pink sugar.

Heidi-I am glad you got that darn fever under control. Enjoy your afternoon!

I just started Clarity upstairs-beanpod.

Heidi,

Please do take a deep breath and relax now. It seems everything is headed in a good direction now. I feel for you because I know MRSA is very difficult to get control of and when its your little one, life seems to temporarily stop until that child is better. I have not been on all that much lately but have been checking in to see how Gage is doing.

My 12 year old has his tonsils out in November and I was sick to my stomach with worry.

Anyway, I'm rambling but just to let you know I am glad for you.

Take care.

Nothing melting right now. Its too darn HOT and sticky. I finished up my Strawberry Butter Cookie from Nene and thats probably going to be it for today.

I don't know about you other ladies with a big stash, but I have literally been only melting my tarts 1x to try and get my collection thinned out. Very few have good scent after 1, maybe 2 melts anyway. We are all pushing for fall and fall scents already when summer really just got underway. I just get bored very easy.

Have a great day everyone and to those under the weather or just plain overworked.

;)

Heidi I am so glad things are looking up. But Gage wanting to play is a good sign. I remember those days and they are sometimes just so hard as you feel there is little you can do but cuddle.;)

I am still continuing with the morning melt of LOL's Lilac Linen. Very nice and fresh smelling.

Very, very humid today so will just stay inside with the AC and chase my scent around.

For the rest of the day it will be Crosscreek Old Fashioned Banana Pudding.

Jason--I restrained myself and didn't try to eat my strawberry jam tart.

Heidi--sure hope Gage's fever stays down and gets down to normal--poor little guy ( and poor mom). Hang in there.

I too am relieved to read Gage's temp. came down, Heidi. I remember if any of my 5 children ran a high temp. I would be a wreck -- but I do think that small children when they get a fever it tends to get real high and hopefully, comes right down again where the same temperature in an adult would make them go to bed for a week.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. Thank goodness the fever seems to be related to an allergic reaction to medication instead of infection in his surgery areas. Whew! I do hate to see him crying because he can't really do much. Poor guy. It's hard being 5 and not doing what 5 year olds do.

Heidi--I really feel for you and Gage. It is so hard for little ones when they are ill and for the moms and dads too. Hopefully, he will be much better soon and able to play like he wants to. I am praying for him.

Thanks! He fell asleep on the couch next to me, and he looks so sweet with his extra rosey cheeks.