The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Celebrating our "Scentipendance" with...

I've got a variety going today ~

Kitchen ~ Juicy Watermelon candle by YC complemented by a Front Porch Candle Co. melt in Watermelon Cotton Candy. Yum!

Living Room ~ Busy Bee's Palm tart in Cotton Candy - very strong! Also the end of a YC Vanilla Cupcake candle. They are quite complementary.

Bathroom ~ Mookie Doodle's Seaport Village. This is a nice soft and relaxing scent that is most appropriate for a bathroom.

Bedroom ~ Mookie Doodle's Violet Blossom. This is an excellent violet. I haven't found many violet scents that are not combos and nicely scented on their own. This one does the trick.

[smilie=th_blij31-1] LLVV--great to have you on board.

For the afternoon it is YC Canary Island Banana and YC French Vanilla--just got through cleaning up a big wax spill--worst one I ever had--sigh--oh well, no harm done and that is the main thing. Have a great rest of the day everyone.

Hi Trep -- yesterday I decided to make a huge lasagna. I bought all the ingredients, made the sauce, had the chopped meat and ricotta and mozarella etc and really took my time putting it together. The finished product was a work of art, if I do say so, and kind of expensive too. I carefully covered it with foil and popped it in the oven to cook. Ten minutes before it would be done I slid the lasagna out of the oven but still on an oven shelf to remove the foil so the top would get crispy and dry. Somehow, the lasagna fell backwards and then all the ingredients all ran down to the heating element of the oven and all over the bottom and back and sides of the oven. Boy, I could have cried. I had to leave it for awhile as I couldn't face cleaning all the mess -- or the disappointment of no lasagna for supper. I just share this with you because spills are a big, big pain.

Patsy

:lol: [smilie=th_cray]

OMG, Patsy. I would've definitely cried! What a mess, and after all the work (and money) you put into it! I've made lasagna from scratch a few times and it's not a throw together type of meal, that's for sure.

Trep, I'm sorry about your wax spill, but I'm glad nothing was damaged.

Thanks guys, my mess was nothing compared to yours, Patsy--I would have sat there and cried if that had happened to me. Not just no supper, but all the money and work that went into making it and then the huge mess of trying to clean it up. So sorry to hear about that. Isn't it weird how you think things are going fine and then all of a sudden one slip and you have a mess?? Guess it's part of life, but not a good part.

Guest stardustgirl
This morning's scent chose itself - The bag it was in broke and it had nowhere to go but in the melter......Tuscadero's County Fair. It's really nice, actually - not sure I can pick up the individual 'fair' smells in the description but it's a pleasant scent nonetheless.

:lol:

[smilie=th_thsignA]

I'm cracking up over the name of the scent. I've been to a number of county fairs, and while I could see the yummy food smells working well, I hope that no Horse Barn or Pig Barn notes were added!

I moved the WBNY "Fresh Lemonade" to the bathroom - it really was more "Fresh Grapefruit Juice" than anything else. I'm trying an Henri Bendel Lemon Verbena now. It's definitely more lemony (the salesgirl sniffing it said "lemon Pledge!" which isn't too far off. It's kind of light, but I do have the window open so that may be part of it. Definitely lemon, though, thank goodness!

Guest Anonymous

So sorry to hear about the wax and pasta spills [smilie=th_thsignA] I hate when those things happen.......

I put in PI's Fruit Slices earlier and it wasn't as strong as I remembered at all......Just switched to Beach House from Pure Scents for the night.

Just finishing up Primitive Cupboards from Bella's. Don't want to start anything new because we are leaving early tomorrow morning for our trip to the Oregon coast! [smilie=th_thsignA] I'll miss you all!

Just finishing up Primitive Cupboards from Bella's. Don't want to start anything new because we are leaving early tomorrow morning for our trip to the Oregon coast! [smilie=th_thsignA] I'll miss you all!

Have a fun, safe trip!!!

I may be too late mp - what part of the Oregon coast? I am there often!

Tonight is Paradise Reef from Grandmas Homebrewed.

I may be too late mp - what part of the Oregon coast? I am there often!

Tonight is Paradise Reef from Grandmas Homebrewed.

A tiny coastal town called Port Orford. We are going to visit my in-laws. They have a house there on the lake. Have you been there or heard of it? It's so pretty and peaceful. It's also much cooler there than it is here so I'm looking forward to a break from the heat!

Have a fun, safe trip!!!

Thank You! :lol:

Just finishing up Primitive Cupboards from Bella's. Don't want to start anything new because we are leaving early tomorrow morning for our trip to the Oregon coast! :P I'll miss you all!

Have a safe and fun trip and we'll hear all about it when you get back!!

So sorry to hear about the wax and pasta spills :shock: I hate when those things happen.......

I put in PI's Fruit Slices earlier and it wasn't as strong as I remembered at all......Just switched to Beach House from Pure Scents for the night.

I have had the same experience of using up the last of a clamshell or some more of one after time has passed and it always seems like the later cubes are not as strong as the first ones. It happened to me yesterday, in fact. Do you think once you break into a clamshell and don't use it all up for awhile that the wax loses some of its scent? :P

Good Morning.... "icing" the melter right now... will be melting Aromasoy's Cherry Limone Ice...

trep... maybe once you break the clamshells, some of the scent "escapes" through the broken edges... just a thought....

Also... I think some types of waxes tend to lose their strength over time... I have noticed that sometimes the older tarts will change color or dry out a bit... maybe it has to do with packaging, storage, etc... I am sure there are a few variables.

Guest Anonymous
So sorry to hear about the wax and pasta spills :shock: I hate when those things happen.......

I have had the same experience of using up the last of a clamshell or some more of one after time has passed and it always seems like the later cubes are not as strong as the first ones. It happened to me yesterday, in fact. Do you think once you break into a clamshell and don't use it all up for awhile that the wax loses some of its scent? :P

Could be that, Trep - I know the type of plastic wax is stored in is important, but I think any of the clamshell packaging sold is the right kind. It's the baggies you have to be sure are the right plastic. I am using things up and that pack had been sitting for just a couple of months go. Or, it could be that the newer wax I've tried since is just much stronger by comparison ;) I might try combining the last 2 fruit slices with something else to see what happens - I've never mixed scents before. Might be a good way to use some of those?