The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Celebrating our "Scentipendance" with...

Greetings and Happy 4th!

Been away for a couple days, had a 90 year old relative that developed an irregular heart rhythm, no other family members in town. Off to the ED to have an electrical cardioversion. What a trooper - she had never been in the hospital before!!!! [smilie=th_biggestgrin] She is doing great...so time to get back to the melter.

Cat - which one did you end up getting? Aren't they fun to use?

Tonight is:

Sugar pears and vanilla cream - Sinful Sweets (But I notice the non B&B is now at Black Crow)

Cranberry Ginger Spiced Tea from Beth's Boutique

Lemongrass candle from Waxing Moon

Guest Anonymous
I ordered 1 pack of flutted tarts and the others were the muffins.

I was disappointed in the muffins and some had no more wax than the fluted and some did but the price was higher (to be expected) and the lower shipping does not apply, because they take up more room....yet were sent in a large box with more paper than product so that didn't make sense to me.

The other thing that bothered me was that I got a Floral sampler and an Earthy sampler. the 2 samplers were in separate bags, but all the florals were just put in the bag and not wrapped separately so the rose scent, lavender, etc were just together. The same with the other sampler. I like my scents to be separated. It was hard to smell anything individual.

For my nose I did not get a huge throw, yet used 2 tarts. The Satsuma was more just an orange scent to me. The Caribbean Kisses was well.....just plain old light tropical. Also the imbeds did not melt in some of them.

Today I tried the Green Leaves in the fluted and I was much happier. The throw is moderate and the scent quite nice. I tried a fluted freebie in Island Spa, but it smelled like Fresh Linen and did not appeal to me.

They are cute....but I would rather have a little stronger scent and longer melt time.

However, they may be to your liking and I hope so.

Interesting - Thanks so much for sharing all of that. We'll see what happens. I only ordered clamshell packs - four of them maybe? So nothing fancy and nothing that can get mixed up, I hope. I'll melt them with an open mind, but something tells me already this may be a one-hit wonder order from me.

Especially after getting another Candle Haven order in the mail today - That Lessie is a tough act to follow!! Currently melting her Bananas and Blossoms - YUM (and I'm not even a banana fan normally [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Melting Apricot Freesia from Candle Haven. This is more fruit than floral and I love it!

Tonight it's Root Beer Granita Float from Crosscreek, American Cream from Bella's (this one almost smells like beer to me), Cotton Candy from Brown Bag and Vanilla Waffle Cone from Tuscadero's. My house smells very sweet but good!

Heidi, I'm so glad to hear the good news about Gage. And debra, I hope your relative continues to do well!!

Tonight its Can-Do Honeysuckle in the Living Room, and an oldie that I found in my basket, YC Sugarcane & Vanilla. I have never smelled a Vanilla scent I like, its always too strong, but this was actually nice.

Happy 4th! I bought candles from Pine Point last year and was not happy with them!

This morning it's YC macintosh..melting the red, white, and blue tarts for the 4th! [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Happy 4th of July, and thanks to all of you for leading me to such wonderful vendors within just a couple of months!

This morning its Kudzu (Candle Haven), and her Lemon Madelines...love that grape scent...great throw.

Eucalyptus & Peppermint oil burning in my bathroom (The Body Shop)

While I have my coffee, I'll come up with something from my stash for the 4th with red, white, and blue.

[smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Guest Anonymous

Happy fourth! For work I melted Candle Haven's Blueberry Pancakes (sample with yesterday's order)....yum! I may skip the melts for the rest of the day since my husband is home and wants to pain my daughter's room - Won't really be able to play with scents today. I can probably get away with something later on when work is done and we grill and jump in the pool maybe.

Have a great day!!!!

I hope you all have a safe 4th! [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Cat - you have me using my plug-ins again. I seem to go in spells.

Plug-in 1: Candledippers oil: Color my World

Plug-in 2: Pebble Creek soy beads (perfect for these melters) Beach Walk

And because I can never throw anything away without trying it:

Olde South Lemon in the melter - probably 3 years old? [smilie=th_c2e41937]

Happy 4th of July! Hope everyone has a fun day and stays safe.

I'm keeping Apricot Freesia in the melters for now. Still smells great and we'll be leaving in a little while to go to a bbq on base.

[smilie=The_Hi] Hey girls..

Happy 4th!! Hope you all are having a fun day!! We are getting ready to go on a picnic after while, its a perfectly cool day here!!

Today I am melting CH Pink Sugar...YUM!! Its fabulous [smilie=th_c2e41937]

Have a wonderful day [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Dumped Apricot Freesia and put on Rosemary Mint from Soy Lovely so the house will smell good when we get home!