The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Celebrating our "Scentipendance" with...

Welcome back candlefan. Eileen, I just love that CoCo-mint Frost from CH. I am melting it again. It lasted 2 days worth the last time I melted it, and it was only off about 4 hours all that time.

Oh, Eileen, I love Springfield. I spent many wonderful summer vacations with my Aunt there growing up. She use to take me to a store called Katz City, but I know it was long gone the last time I was there.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Springfield is a great little city. We really do like it here, but have only lived here for three years, therefore not familiar your Katz City.

Melting Cozy Cottage's 7up Pound Cake. Very strong and wonderful bakery scent. [smilie=th_OMG]

Thought I would end the night with one called Rattlesnake, but DH thought he smelled kitty litter... will be swapping that one out asap! :lol:

I have Earth and Sky coming...can you describe it?

Debra - that was one I asked a description for. She sez 'fresh & clean like a bright spring

day, clean air hints of citrus, a beautiful scent'. Sounds like a good one! Let us know what you think when you melt it!

Slpit - I'd like to hear your thoughts on that one, too, when you try it.

:lol:

I decided I would try this one. It was a sample and probably not one that I would order. It is a beautiful scent, but my problem is that it is a little lighter and my nose does not pick up those types of scents easily any more....too much melting i guess. Also when I melted it I did it in my open living room area and divided the 1 tart between 2 burners to try to get more throw....adding to that the fact that the AC started running more due to late heat of the day, it was interesting. Anyway.....this is my take on the scent and i have no idea what it is supposed to be like. I am picking up an earthiness either in a bottom note of one of the musks or possibly light patchouli or a combination of the 2. For top notes I am picking up more of a fresh floral, but not sweet. To me it is like an interplay of Lavender and Jasmine...which when combined does add a certain tang like citrus as the Jasmine tends to tame the more pungent Lavender. I figure these seem like the sky notes as you really don't smell the plants themselves but the scent they give to the air and this is why I think it is meant to be a lighter scent. if I were going to use this in my house in the future I would probably have it in a more contained area sush as my bath or my bedroom. I will be anxious to see if seems as light to you. I need to say that I do mean light and I do not mean weak. It did permeate the big room and I could pick up hints of the scent as I passed through.

I just put on another sample she sent in Oatmeal, honey and milk, a lighter scent but very nice. I am anxious to try the other ones i ordered now as I know they are supposed to be stronger. The Passion Melon smells absolutely succulent.

Guest Anonymous

This morning's scent chose itself - The bag it was in broke and it had nowhere to go but in the melter......Tuscadero's County Fair. It's really nice, actually - not sure I can pick up the individual 'fair' smells in the description but it's a pleasant scent nonetheless.

This morning's scent chose itself - The bag it was in broke and it had nowhere to go but in the melter......Tuscadero's County Fair. It's really nice, actually - not sure I can pick up the individual 'fair' smells in the description but it's a pleasant scent nonetheless.

momuvtwo... I saw that you melted Candle Haven's Whipped Cream & Honeydew (can't find the post right now)... it was good, huh! I am glad you got that one... are you enjoying your Candle Haven order?

Guest Anonymous

momuvtwo... I saw that you melted Candle Haven's Whipped Cream & Honeydew (can't find the post right now)... it was good, huh! I am glad you got that one... are you enjoying your Candle Haven order?

Hi, Fleur - Yes I am TOTALLY loving Candle Haven! I'm trying to narrow myself down to must 3-4 regular vendors and I can safetly say Lessie will be one of the regular reorders......And that whipped cream/honeydew scent is just awesome. She sent a couple of samples of fall scents that I was just drooling over, waiting to melt (hard to think fall in 110-degrees) and anxious to order. And the next order will definitely have Coco-Mint Frost on it :lol:

Hi, Fleur - Yes I am TOTALLY loving Candle Haven! I'm trying to narrow myself down to must 3-4 regular vendors and I can safetly say Lessie will be one of the regular reorders......And that whipped cream/honeydew scent is just awesome. She sent a couple of samples of fall scents that I was just drooling over, waiting to melt (hard to think fall in 110-degrees) and anxious to order. And the next order will definitely have Coco-Mint Frost on it :lol:

momuvtwo... Coco-Mint Frost is a must have... it is long lasting and yummy! Enjoy those fall samples!

Debra - I also got rerouted on the Candledippersgifts website and no oils. Please let us know what you find.

Bird of Paradise - Crosscreek

Satsuma - Crosscreek

No sure about these yet, as I just put them on.

slpit, thanks for the description of the Earth and Sky from Beth's. I hope I can smell it, my sniffer does not seem to pick up light scents either. Good idea to split it up between melters.

Tobe: I heard back from Beth at CD, not sure why the usual addy was not working for them - it is now. They use both of the email addys - also the one we were getting rerouted to. The fragrance oils:

http://www.candleandbathessentials.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=56

I have several, Color my World is my current fav.

Oh - almost forgot! Today's scent is still Blackberry Amber from Sugar and Spice. And I have a lot of melters to clean before anything else happens.

Guest Anonymous
Thought I would end the night with one called Rattlesnake, but DH thought he smelled kitty litter... will be swapping that one out asap! [smilie=th_stink]

:lol: Debra - you gotta stop ordering melts just from the name......:lol:

Guest Anonymous
Anyway.....this is my take on the scent and i have no idea what it is supposed to be like. I am picking up an earthiness either in a bottom note of one of the musks or possibly light patchouli or a combination of the 2. For top notes I am picking up more of a fresh floral, but not sweet. To me it is like an interplay of Lavender and Jasmine...which when combined does add a certain tang like citrus as the Jasmine tends to tame the more pungent Lavender. I figure these seem like the sky notes as you really don't smell the plants themselves but the scent they give to the air and this is why I think it is meant to be a lighter scent.

Slpit - thanks for melting this so quickly and letting us know what you thought!

Melting Amish Quilt.....one of my all time fav's. :lol:

I'm melting blueberry cobbler and coconut macaroons. They are starting to fade so once we get back from our afternoon errands I will change them. Happy Sunday! I'm so happy to be here with fellow scent addicts.

Thanks Debra - looks like they have a great list of scents also.

Well, mine pooped out so now I am starting up:

Tuscaderos - Love Hangover (this was a sample)

Crosscreek - Lavender Vanilla

Crosscreek - Celtic Moonspice

Good Day Sunshine-Nene's in the kitchen.

Butt Naked-LOL still in the DR

Coco Loco and Lime Verbena-LOL in the LR

It is so tropical that I am sporting a bathing suit in the house! :lol:

:lol: LLVV--great to have you on board.

For the afternoon it is YC Canary Island Banana and YC French Vanilla--just got through cleaning up a big wax spill--worst one I ever had--sigh--oh well, no harm done and that is the main thing. Have a great rest of the day everyone.

:lol: Happy Sunday ladies!!

Today I am melting Grazia's Homemade Apple Strudel..this scent is awesome!! I love Graizia's scents they are great!!!

Have a fabulous day... [smilie=th_blij31-1]