The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

No Tricks, Just October's Treats

I'm melting CYS monster bread this morning, which sadly has very little throw. Before it switched ownership this used to be in my top five and it was super strong :(

Trep: Glad to hear you made it home from your Dad's safe and sound. It's nice you were able to spend some time with him. I am melting LSC Fireside and Caramel Apple..smells good enough to eat.

It's a rainy day so not too motivated except to [smilie=th_d6ac145d] and [smilie=th_blij51] so have a great day everyone.

I'm waiting for the rain to come...

Melting "Emerald Pear" from OMG. Nice scent, but not very strong.

Has anyone burned the Mainstays candle called "Apples and Berries"? I smelled it at my local Walmart, and I am AMAZED at how close it is to Slatkin's "Leaves"! Walmart's site describes "Apples and Berries" as "Crisp apple and orchard fruits are mixed with ripe wild berries and luscious black raspberry for the perfect seasonal experience. Applewood and fir balsam infuse an authentic outdoor sensation, adding warmth and depth."

BBW says that "Leaves" is "Autumnal notes of golden nectar, juicy mandarin and red delicious apple are paired with toasted cinnamon stick, mulled cider spices and freshly harvested red berries."

Has anyone burned this candle? I haven't smelled the candles side-by-side, but I think it's pretty close. I'd love to be able to buy the $3 three-wick candles instead of the pricier Slatkins.

Hi friends,

I'm melting Candle Dippers Cranberry Citrus. It's a lovely scent and is throwing throughout the whole house! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Gail

Jedda--I have burned the Apples and Berries candle and to my nose it smells nothing like Slatkin Leaves which I have also burned. It is a wonderful scent, however, and I bought another jar to have on hand. It is apple with a nice undertone of mixed berries. I love it.

For this evening it is Yankee Be Thankful and Fruit Salad. These two scents blend very well together.

I just took another cold sniff of Apples and Berries and, cold, it does resemble Leaves quite a bit but burning I don't think it does. However, for $3 it wouldn't hurt for you to try it and see what your nose thinks. We all process smells differently so I think I'd give it a try as I think you will like it anyway. Nancy

Good evening sure am enjoying this cooler weather.

Tonight's melts are Caramel Apple Pie and Maple Pecan Corn Muffins

both from CFTKR. Have a great evening.

Trep: Glad to hear you made it home from your Dad's safe and sound. It's nice you were able to spend some time with him. I am melting LSC Fireside and Caramel Apple..smells good enough to eat.

It's a rainy day so not too motivated except to [smilie=th_d6ac145d] and [smilie=th_blij51] so have a great day everyone.

Kim, I couldn't agree more about today. It's still raining here...a rare all day soaker.

Crosscreek ~ Zucchini Strudel Bars

This one sounds yummy! th_drool33456183iw4.gif

Tonight I'm melting:

Lavender Cream from Nene's (first time trying this scent. It's lovely. I can see why it's a fave)

Havana Nights from Whiff n Sniff

Nancy, Thanks for your input. I smelled the Leaves spray next to the candle, and they smelled similar to me, so I had high hopes. I think you're right - for $3 I don't have much to lose, and I trust your opinion of it. I probably will like it either way. :)

Jules, Zucchini Strudel Bars is a big favorite of mine...it's a sweeter zb scent and a little spicy. Glad you're enjoying Nene's Lavender Cream...so relaxing, soothing and calming.

We've been enjoying candlelight this evening...Slatkin Marshmallow Fireside and Leaves

Calling it a night...matchboxsmile.gif

Burning 3 tarts but all I can focus on is the CFTKR Autumn Harvest. I love love love this. So warm, toasty and huge throw. It is Autumn and it is delightful!

xoxo

Jennifer

Hi all...it's a nice chilly night here, and I'm enjoying large jars of YC Spiced Pumpkin and Autumn Fruit. I'm melting YC Farmer's Market and CFKTR's Pilgrim's Pie, which is amazing, complex and so strong. Love it!

I'm melting CYS monster bread this morning, which sadly has very little throw. Before it switched ownership this used to be in my top five and it was super strong :(

I bought a few before the business change hands and I notice a difference in the wax and the throws suck big time.

Melting CCCC Frosted Pumpkin Cupcakes

CCCC Apple Cinnamon

Scentsationals Black Cherry Cinnamon

Nellies Cinnamon Buns

what stores carry scentsationals? I've been wanting to try black cherry cinnamon

Hey everyone! Been catching up on TV and housework the last few days - bah :lol: Decent weather lately, but the rain will come down in sheets tomorrow. Have a few errands to run, but that's about it - hoping to go out during a rain lull :lol:

Last night's melts were:

TDC Pink Sugar and Sugared Spruce - half of each in both living room burners

TDC Vintage Vanilla in the bathroom

Tara's Oakmoss and Amber in the bedroom

Tonite's selections:

CFTKR Honey Patchouli in the living room

AMS Black Orchid in the bathroom

CFTKR Stonehenge in the bedroom

All are great!

Have a fab Wednesday, everyone! :)

Trep, I'm in that same kind of melting mood.

Crosscreek - Fall in the Country

(Farmers Market/ Apple Cider kind of scent - It's great!)

Starting out with a re-run of yesterday's Autumn from CFTKR.

It's fruity and strong, doesn't exactly remind of of fall, but oh well!

Have a great day everyone!

autumn--1-Honney2Cbond007.jpg

Good Morning its Fall Break out here no school for the rest of the week. I love it also love these cool morning. Melting Hard Christmas Candy from Ye Olde Candle. have a wonderful day