The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

November's Feast of Fragrances

[smilie=th_e16] waxie friends,

Katz, the attic cleaning sounds like a big project. You must be a terrific assistant. I'm pretty good in that role too, if I do say so myself. [smilie=th_insane] I can hand DH tools, equipment, and paint rags with the best of 'em. [smilie=th_shewiggle] Your attic must be sparkly now!

CBGirl, glad to hear you're on the mend.

Cookielady, I hope your cold is very short lived!

I'm melting LSC's Pumpkin Creme Brule this morning. Really liking it, and it's perfect for this rainy weather. [smilie=th_sign0162]

Gail

Weekend melts:

YC orchard pear...these have been pretty weak

YC fruit salad...really like this one...year round scent

Pinkflowerscents mayan gold

Pinkflowerscents dragonfly dreams....have loved everything from this vendor

Can-Do red currant and thyme...love but wish it was stronger

Can-Do Mimi's House....love

Currently burning a Yankee Home candle I found at TJMaxx..pine cone and tassel...had my eye on it for a while and grabbed it today!

thnkfam.gif Hi there everyone! Busy Saturday here, but things have calmed down for the rest of the day. Just brewed some thcoffeepot.gif and relaxing for a few.

I'm melting Crosscreek's Baked Apple Noel...lovely, simply lovely.

It's quiet here today...thecho.gif

Hey All!

Michele~ I hope everything works out for you and your family! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Cbgirl & Susan~ I hope you both start feeling better! [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

Aria~ 50 guest? [smilie=th_yellow5] WOW! That's A LOT of people! I thought my 20 was big.

Debra~ It's so funny..one year I made homemade cranberry sauce and not one person ate it cause they all wanted the "jellied" cranberry!

Jason~ Happy Birthday!!! [smilie=th_blij40]

Melting: Jelly Donut from CFTKR

Heaven's Snow from CHS

Burning: Indian Paintbrush from Candleworks

Sweet, I am pretty sure all the shoppers are at my grocery store. Silly me, going on the weekend before Thanksgiving. The parking lot was a combat zone!

Today has been CFTKR - Hillbilly Homebrew.

Up early [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe DS has a hockey game this morning, so I thought I'd get up early, have my coffee and then make some breakfast before I hop in the shower.

Of course, before I even poured my coffee, I started up a melter with Carol's Amish Quilt...always good and a favorite of mine. We're in for a cloudy day today.

Sweet, you've never had jellied cranberry sauce? There are no whole cranberries in it at all, although I believe you can buy cannned cranberry sauce with whole cranberries in it. Try the jellied kind...you might like it!

debra and Maggie, yes, between 40-50 people on Christmas Eve...this includes all of my cousins, their children and their grandchildren! And that is only from my mother's side of the family!!!! Santa always pays us a visit too! smiley-greet008.gif Everyone brings a dish and a dozen cookies, so it works out pretty well. Food galore! girlies0280rg9.gif

trep, sounds like you are feeling better today...headaches are the pits.

Off to make breakfast! cooking-egg-31.gif Have a great day! thwetkissf.gif

Guest Viennalady

A big hug to all of you my candle-friends aross the Atlantic!

[smilie=group_hug]

!Thank you for your consiliating words referring my terrible tooth ache last week. It helpt me a lot! Really! I trusted strongly my own self healing power and the aching disappeared by itsself. I refused to take medizin and pills and my tooth-doctor wondered "When you have so much trust in your own self healing I will trust you too!". Isn't it she lovely?

[smilie=th_00000020]

Melting:

YC Aromatherapie Spa "Shea Butter&Cedarwood" for "Stress Relief". It helps!

Sweet, I am pretty sure all the shoppers are at my grocery store. Silly me, going on the weekend before Thanksgiving. The parking lot was a combat zone!

Debra - The weekend before Thanksgiving is busy here, but I've had to go to the grocery store on the day before Thanksgiving several times and it was total chaos! [smilie=th_a136] The check out clerks say that's always their busiest day of the year.

Trep & Viennalady - So glad you're feeling better today! [smilie=th_blij81]

Aria - your Christmas eve celebration sounds like so much fun! [smilie=th_dancing_smile] All the prep work U have to do is probably exhausting, but, well worth it! [smilie=th_aa17]

I'm melting L&L Pumpkin Cheesecake and burning Slatkin's Pumpkin Patch candle.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Morning, buddies!

Aria, that sounds like a fantastic family gathering! Lots of work, but lots of fun!

Trep and Viennalady, so glad to hear you're feeling better.

VintageGirl, [smilie=th_funny] Sometimes I feel the same way! [smilie=th_giggle]

It's been raining here for a couple days. There was a break between storms yesterday so I was able to hold dog classes even though everyone was cold due to the wretched wind. Aww, some of the pupperss were wearing jackets and looked so cute.

This morning I'm snuggy comfy and enjoying Haley's Caramel Cinnamon. It's absolutely [smilie=th_fabulous1].

Gail

Hey guys,

Happy Birthday Day Jason.[smilie=th_december2201661-1]

I don't know how you guys keep up with this forum, its HUGE. I am trying but its just gotten so darn big. Please forgive me if I miss something important. I try to read all, but by the time I get down to reply I forget everything and who I need to comment to. I think its called something like "peri-menopause", yea 10-15 years of teasing misery before the real torture....LOL

Anyway, burning the end of my Ozbun Pumpkin Souffle candle and also my Sugared Spruce/Golilocks combo candle from CBV. Very festive. Gotta get something to melt soon. My BF will kill me if I don't get on this and start using up some of my stash........Luv ya girl!

Have an awesome day everyone.

[smilie=th_autumboy] Hi Friends!!

Sorry to have been missing, had alot going on, its all good just busy!! Melting Carols Mac Apple today and its PERFECT!!

Mau, you so better get on the melting wagon [smilie=th_thConfus_55]

Aria, we have a huge gathering too..its lots of fun with all our family visiting, but alot of work too!!

Happy Birthday Jason, hope its a great day for you!!

Oh my Gail..I now have Hansel and Gretel on my LIST [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Gotta run and do some work, hope everyone is having a great day [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

Maureen- oh wow you DS sure sounds like he in alota stress. But it does sounds like a good opportunty for him though. Hope he will keep his chin up. Things in the beginning will seems lil rough huh?, but maybe if he just keep on going and doing his best , maybe it be something that will sure be worthwhile and a lesson learn in life for him that will sure strengthen him for the future. Good luck to him and hope for the best for your DS. And you too funny with the whole by the time you get to replying and comment that you forget everything with the forum thing. Hee hee!

Candlelove- Sorry to hear that your DD is having trouble...Disneyworld sounds awesome!! Hope you do have fun and that it will surely bring your spirit back up. [smilie=th_empathy]

Aria- Wow that sure does sound like alota guest for your xmas eve party. Sounds fun though. Im sure you will do a great job hosting knowing how friendly and sweet you are on here. ^_^

Jason-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Well i have been trying to do some xmas shopping yesterday and since i was going to return the YC candles, i decided to get some tart melters for some people since i been raving how great melting tarts are to them. :D So my SIL and MIL seem to be very interesting in CFTKR tarts that they were asking for the site. Talk about trying to get them on the tart band wagon huh? Hee hee! Well i decided to get some carol's tarts as well as some lovely tart melters that i saw at YC to give as xmas gifts for them. So got a few people down for xmas already. Yey! trying to start early this year. :tongue:

Well speaking of YC...when i was returning the tumbler candles, the worker that was taking care of me was telling me that i cannot get store credit and that i have to get something that very day to equal the amount i had purchase since i have already use the candles i bought. I was asking him if i could not find something that very day that can i get a store credit and he kept saying no. I mean come on, how can you force someone to get something if they didnt see anything that they like that day?! So can a store credit be fine since they are not losing any money and that it just simply say that i will purchase somethin some other time. Its not like i was asking for my money back but just simply a store credit. But that worker kept saying no becuz i have use the candles already. I felt that he was being a jerk and giving me a hard time :mad: but in the end it both work out for the both of us and i came to find some stuff to equal the amount of purchases that i was returning. Well since i know for a fact that i dont seem to have any luck with those YC candles, i wont be going back to them for those. Geez giving me a hard time... so mean to me <_< [smilie=th_cry2yw3]

Recent melts:

CFTKR Perfect Peach and Sweet Harvest Apple

Can-Do Amish Apple

Haley's Pink Watermelon

Glad you could find something, Sweet - that is certainly shopping under pressure!

Today I have Scentsy - Tuscan Garden, I think it is called!

Hi All-

Busy day of dress shopping. Going to be matron of honor in my sister's wedding in April. She is getting married for the first time.

Nice day with my DS (sister) and SIL. Think we found something we all like.

Now I am home relaxing amd just put on some relaxing scents in my tealight melters. I haven't used them in awhile. Melting LOL Been Thankful and CCCC

Sweet Pumpkin Pie.

I am burning large tumbler YC Be Thankful. I love the scent but find the throw is not strong at all.

Sweet -Too bad about YC experience. I didn't know they didn't offer a credit if the candle was burned. I have never tried asking for store credit. That would be great though.

Puppy - I've heard that in really cold weather, if we need a coat...our dogs need a coat. Except those dogs that are uber insulated, like huskies, etc. Is that correct? [smilie=th_scratch]

Michele - next April will be a happy time for your family. [smilie=kewl] What colors did you choose for your dresses?

Ending the day with Cheryl's Eggnog which is [smilie=th_cc15] ! We're required to take the day after Thanksgiving off (twist my arm... [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] ), so at least this will be a short work week! [smilie=th_avatar_4219]

SweetTart, I'm sorry for the hassle you had at the Yankee store. Sounds like he could've been nicer about the whole thing. I'm glad you were able to find something to replace the tumblers.

I started my holiday cleaning today since my parents will be arriving tomorrow. I'm so excited to see them again! I've been melting Cranberry Muffin and Cozy Fireside, both from Scentsy.

Jeepers, SweetTart, that's a horrid experience at YC. Sorry you had to experience that but how great you found some goodies!

Michele, I'm with Sweet. More info on the dresses, girl! Color? Style? What a fun, exciting time for all of you!

Mpfand, enjoy your parents' visit!

Sweet, regarding jackets/coats for dogs, I'm sure no expert on it, so take this with a grain of salt. In my experience with tons and tons of dogs over the years, it's not just about having an insulated coat like Huskies, although that's part of it. I think it has to do with body fat, metabolism, maybe even country of origin. Most sighthound types, like Greyhounds and Whippets, have low body fat and low cold tolerance. Those breeds originated in the desert too, so I suppose they're not meant to have high cold tolerance. I've had four Corgis, a breed that originated in chilly Wales. The three previous ones had moderate cold tolerance, but Hobbit has a high metabolism, never gains weight, and doesn't know what it feels like to be cold.

Okay, that's probably TMI and definitely too wordy, so I'll just say I don't agree much with the "if we need a coat, our dog needs a coat" idea. It depends on a lot of things...

I've been melting Haley's Pumpkin Apple Butter. It's nice, I like it, but it's no rock star. :tongue:

Gail

Hello everyone, I've been melting YC Cranberry Chutney this afternoon, only I could hardly smell it-- strange! The tart wasn't old or anything. :huh:

Hi! I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. We had a family day trip today. DD is fascinated with pilgrims right now. The closest thing I could find on LI is a place called Old Bethpage which is about 200 years older than the pilgrims. However, the ladies wear bonets and old fashioned dresses so it satisfied DD's need to see a real pilgrim. It was so wonderful there today. The fall weather was perfect and the actors were preparing for a Thanksgiving celebration. All of the wood burning stoves were working so the air was just magical.

I'm craving more of that wood burning smell tonight so I'm melting Carol's Old Colonial Hearth.

Jason - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Sweettart~ Sorry to hear about your stinky day at YC...glad you found something tho!

Vinennalady~ Great news that you are feeling better and kept positive! I don't like to take medications unless I have to either!

VintageGirl~ I know EXACTLY what you mean about Honey Graham Pie Crust!!!

Melted:

Honey Tea Cakes from FM

Ginger Lemon from LOL

Have a great night all!

Oh missy...so sorry about your bad experience at Yankee Candle.

Tonight i've been melting Chocolate creme Cupcakes from AMS...always a winner!