The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

November's Feast of Fragrances

Saluting all you US Veterans out there-- thank you for your service and sacrifices!

I'm melting CCCC Fresh Baked Bread right now.

Gail, I hope you enjoy your visit with your DD!

Joan, sorry your tummy has been feeling so yucky. I hope all of our friends in candleland (and their pets) are staying well and/or getting well! There always seems to be so many icky bugs going around this time of year.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Gail~ Enjoy your time with your DD!! Lucky you! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Aria~ I hope you are feeling better today! [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Joan~ Sorry to hear that you had a stomach bug...they are the worst! Glad you are on the mend!

Melting:

Blackberry Jam Butter Cookie from CFTKR...fav!

Burning:

Coconut Cream Pie from GB

Aria - you're not alone. I think we all get down from time to time. It's nice to come here and talk smellies and forget our troubles for a while. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Joan - glad you're feeling better and your virus didn't last long. [smilie=th_bb41]

Puppy - SO glad your DD is coming to visit! Parrrrrtaaaay! [smilie=party]

Mr kitty is feeling better, thanks for asking. He's got that 'eau de vet' smell to him so all the others keep hissing at him. I told him not to take it purrssonally. :lol: One is really FREAKING out every time he comes near him. I made the mistake of picking him up to show him Kippy was ok, and he screamed and badly scratched and bit me. He has NO idea who he's messin with.... [smilie=th_ANGRY_10] I put on Carol's Country Charm before I left to pick the dog up at the groomers and when I got back and walked in the door, the house smells ahhhhhhmazing! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

SweetTart, you deserve the Sherlock award for finding out the thin wicks are considered the new and improved ones. [smilie=th_happy096] I have limited experience with the thicker wicks but I agree that the thin ones are the ones with the drowning problem. (That sounds rather fatal, doesn't it?[smilie=th_f5a39fcb] )

And SweetTart, you have the most wonderful attitude about life! Your wisdom makes you sound like you're an ancient sage but your upbeat, fun words make me think you're much, much younger. [smilie=th_friends] I'm glad you had a supportive coworker for your first day and hope you love your new job!

PuppyLove- Sherlock award.. Hee hee! [smilie=th_giggle] why thank you. [smilie=th_thank_you] and awwww!! You just made my day by saying that lovely comment about attitude in life thing. :wub: Really?! You think so?! Gee thanx. You too funny and cute. That really means alot to me, thanx. Really lifted my spirit for you to say that. You too sweet! [smilie=th_a194] and good to hear that your DD will be coming to visit you for a couple of days. Im sure you both will have alota fun and catching up eh?

Busymom- Thanx for the kind words.

Viennalady- Oh no! A toothache! :o Ouch! Hope the pain will go away soon.

sweet&spicey- Aww hope your kitty cat heal and get better soon. [smilie=th_catkiss]

maureen- Take care yourself now. Hope you will be feeling better and feeling back to yourself.

Aria- Im sorry to hear you been feeling a lil down. I know what you mean and i feel for you. We all go thru that sometimes. Hope things will get better for you. Think positive girl and "this too shall pass" [smilie=th_empathy]

Joan- Stomach flu sucks! Hate those! Darn.. sorry to hear you had to go thru that. But good to hear that you are feeling better and recuperating.

Melting CFTKR Peach Jam Cheesecake and Mac Apple.

Happy melting buddies!!

Gail-Enjoy the visit with your daughter.

Maureen and Joan -Hope you feel better soon.

Aria-It's great to be able to come here and talk candles. It does relax you for a bit and forget about other things.

I have a lot going on tonight. I just switched the melters to CFTKR Vanilla Pumpkin Noel. This is another great one from Carol. So good.

I am burning the end of my YC Spiced Pumpkin, Haleys Butternut Pumpkin. Country Chunkie Vanilla Pound Cake, For Everybody Sugar Cookies and White Barn Warm Vanilla Sugar. Everything smells so good!

LOL, Sweet - kitty should be careful who he messes with!

Aria - love the bathing kitty!

Tonight I am melting a scent new to me - Mermaid Kisses from CJ's.

Candlefan, Maggie, Sweet, SweetTart, and Candlelove thanks for your well wishes for a good visit with DD. It's great to have her home again. [smilie=th_sign0162]

Aria, I hope your spirits have lifted and your mood's brighter now. The doldrums are sure a drag and I'm betting everyone here can relate. [smilie=th_empathy]

Maurie, hope you're feeling okay too. [smilie=th_wave] I know all too well what you're saying about your reading taking a back seat to the computer. I'm in the same boat and it's my own fault. [smilie=th_ANGRY_10]

LLVV, been thinking about you and your family... [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Joan, hope your fit as a fiddle in no time at all. Those stomach bugs can knock you for a loop!

Sweet, "eau de vet" sounds very upscale but it'd never be a favorite scent of mine. [smilie=th_u53] So glad Kippy's feeling better, but truly sorry to hear you were scratched and bitten by one of the others. Hopefully your Country Charm tart will soothe everyone's nerves. Maybe it'd be good to throw a "Best Friends" tart in the warmer, if you have one. [smilie=th_c032]

SweetTart, yes ma'am, I meant what I said about your attitude. [smilie=th_aa17] I'm glad I made your day and my words were very sincere. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Earlier today I melted Black Mountain's Pumpkin Pie & Frosting from a sweet forum friend. [smilie=th_teks0311] It was a yummy scent! Now I'm going with my Slatkin Leaves candle.

Gail

Eau de vet? th_funny.gif

I don't know what I'm going to burn or melt today. Right now it's Purr-chouli from YC but it's an old tart and I'm not getting much from it.

Decisions, decisions.

Everyone have a great day today. group_hug.gif

ASIA.gifGood Morning! Hope everyone is doing well today!

Hey, no "eau de vet" here...just "eau de litterbox"...anyone else have a lazy feline who doesn't cover up??!!!tapfoot.gif th4d71a8ac.gif

My two boys are off school today. Noisy morning here! thtigger.gif Anyhow, we're going to a hockey tournament this weekend (DS#2 plays), so don't be surprised if I am missing. Haven't decided if I am gonna take my laptop or not. The boys are thrilled that the hotel we are staying at has a pool! First game isn't until late afternoon, so we may check in early and go swimming for a bit before the game. No cooking or cleaning for me this weekend...Disco_Fever_Dance_Inferno.gif

Thanks to everyone who sympathized with me yesterday. You are all so kind and sweet...smile.gif The support here is so nice and comforting.

Oh my, reading this morning's post sure has lifted my spirits. Aria:love the kitty box emoc.. my babies will go outside until it gets very cold or there is snow. I do agree this is a nice place to land when I am feeling blue or having issues. Thanks to all of my buds.. [smilie=th_a194] I'm not melting yet, running some errand in a few so wishing everyone a beautiful, peaceful day. I think this is our last Indian Summer day. It has been a beautiful week. [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

G'morning, friends.

I've said it before and will say it again: This forum of ours is wonderful in so many ways! [smilie=th_31]

I'm melting Haley's Trick or Treat. Yeah, yeah, I know. Halloween's but a dim memory. But this little half a tart is perfect! Pumpkin, persimmon, berries, apple, etc.. And it completely overpowered the stinky smell of boiled eggs. Ohhhh, the love! [smilie=th_slider_flirt] I simply cannot believe the value that Janet offers. 75 cents per tart (during a sale), cut in half equals less than 38 cents per half melt. And free shipping. Wowza, that's an [smilie=th_cc15] value! I still adore plenty of other vendors, especially Can-Do, Southern Star Scents, Fragrant Memories, Lasting Scent Candles, CandleDippers, Crosscreek, etc. But Haley's wins hands down when it comes to bang for the buck! I owe it all to our CF forum because I would never have found and tried Haley's on my own. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Gail, obviously gushing [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

(I have no affiliation with Haley's beyond being a happy customer, just so's that's clear)

Thank you for all of the well wishes, friends. I am feeling much better today, hence the new avatar [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] LOL

Dd is at a sleepover for the night. Ds is playing a computer game for a bit and I am thinking about dinner. I still don't have much of an appetite tho. I am melting Carol's Sea Island Grapefruit and burning Bridgewaters Welcome Home. We'll see if I can smell it this time around ;)

I hope everyone has a lovely Friday evening.

Gail-I agree that this forum is such a great place. You can vent here when you are feeling a bit blue and everyone here is so wonderful that you can't help but feel better!

I am still in a candle mood. I have going today the last of Haley's Butternut Pumpkin. Her candle was wonderful by the way. Great scent with a great throw and burned so evenly and clean. I will definitely order more candles from her when I get my candle stash down a bit. I have been going a bit overboard on buying them lately. Also burning Country Chunkie Vanilla Pound Cake which started out nice and strong but a little weaker as it burned down. It was still a great candle.

I just started YC Be Thankful. I have this candle for about 18 months and I am just getting around to burning it. I just started so nothing yet. Also YC Autumn Leaves, For Everybody Sugar Cookies and White Barn Warm Vanilla Sugar. The Autumn Leaves seems to be overpowering the rest.

Maybe it'd be good to throw a "Best Friends" tart in the warmer, if you have one. [smilie=th_c032]

Puppy - I sure felt like throwing something, and it wasn't a tart into the warmer. [smilie=th_smilies-1]

Hey, no "eau de vet" here...just "eau de litterbox"...anyone else have a lazy feline who doesn't cover up??!!!

Aria - your litter scooping emoti is too cute! Yep...one of my little girl kitties doesn't cover up either. [smilie=th_roll] Yuk! But, I suppose she's thinking the same thing....euuuwweee...I'm not getting near THAT! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_fluc

I am feeling much better today, hence the new avatar.

Joan.....WHO is that hunky man in your avatar??? [smilie=th_thConfus_55] Everyone's new avatars are so purdy...but you've taken it to a whole new level. [smilie=th_happy] Oops...almost forgot - so glad you're feeling better. See...I can't even think straight. [smilie=th_pardon]

I'm melting CrossCreek's Oatmeal Raisin Cookie.

edited to correct spelling cuz I can't think straight. [smilie=th_foolish1]

sweet&spicey, that is a picture of Gerard Butler. He is an actor. He was the Phantom in the movie version, Phantom of the Opera and in "P.S. I love You". I was looking for an avatar and just wasn't ready for a holiday one yet. So I thought Gerard might spice things up a bit [smilie=th_smilies-2] He has a thick Scottish accent too [smilie=th_giggle]

Oh yeah, I am burning my YC Green Apple and melting Carol's Brown Sugar and Chestnuts.

Katz, yes, Haley's is Haley's Heavenly Scents. I haven't tried a lot of her scents yet because my first order was mostly a few candles and my second order (lotsa tarts) just arrived. But here's a few of my huge faves:

Apple Orchard

Coconut Hibiscus

Fruit Slices

Hawaiian Breeze

Red Delicious Apples

Trick or Treat

Candlelove, thanks for your review on Haley's Butternut Pumpkin. I can't wait to try my melt in that scent. Cold sniff is oh-so-good!

Sweet, that's one hysterically [smilie=th_funny] my friend! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Joan, Gerard Butler sends my heart all aflutter! [smilie=th_00000020] Thanks for the eye candy!

I'm melting Haley's Creamy Nutmeg. This one was a little experiment. I ordered it to test a Slatkin dupe. Glad I did that instead of investing in a whole candle from the store. It's okay but I'm not wild about it.

Gail