The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

February's Flirty Flames

Good Afternoon Everybody!

Glad to hear you feeling a little better Sillys!

Debra~ I have never had a candle pop...thank goodness! I hope the clean up wasn't that bad.

Still have LOL Coffee Cake & Spice going in two rooms...got Bella's Nana's Zucchini Muffins in the K...smelling good. Snow a-heading this way too! Not sure if it's gonna be 6 inches or a foot!

Hey there everyone! AddEmoticons1038.gif

First time I've had all day to sit down and catch up on the boards...how dare grocery shopping, cleaning and cooking get in the way of my waxy addiction! The NERVE!!! :lol:

I have a candle burning....GC Strudel & Spice....it's competing with my white bean chili I have simmering on the stove

good eve, all. sounds like some of us are going to get some snow. thank goodness for hubby's 4WD because I won't drive..can't believe I am saying that because growing up in upstate NY I never thought much of it. Living here for 8 yrs has turned me into a cluckin chicken.(and I only live a mile from my work)

got some candles going: mainstays cinnamon cream, and black cherry. Goose Creek Angel Kiss, and CBV Breakfast in Vermont(such a yummy scent and it is only an 8 oz and has more throw than all 3 of these 16-22 oz combined). also melting CBV caramel latte. OMG, TDF. sooo buttery good cup of latte. if this was the real thing, I'd be willing to plop down a twenty just to sip and savor.

bath and BR melts still the same since this am and still going strong.

have a good eve, all.

Susan: I don't like driving in it either. This evening i am melting LOL-American Dream and Warm Glo bark -Hot Apple Butter. Battening down the hatches here for the snow arrival. Have a good evening y'all.

Out all day-came home and put on some yummy vanillas and cookies-

LOL-Comfortably Numb

Just Tarts-Buttercream

Tara's-Sugar Cookie

CFTKR-Vanilla Bomb

Have a great night!

Melting:

Let them Eat Cake - GG- in LR...yummo

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie - Haley's - in FR ...another odd palm one

Lemon Berry Cake - Candledippers - in K...(I think...I changed the melters 50 times to get one I liked so I'm not sure this is correct but I smell lemon and it's good)

LL - I tried the Early Sunrise tart - I liked it because my nose picked up the lemony part! I think there was tea, but the lemon is what I remember!

Gail, Susan and Maggie - the purple wax splash...it became quite the ordeal because I went to get the GooGone - and DH had used it recently and did not remember where!!! We could not find it and we searched and searched. :oops:

Later he was out in the garage and came in with what looked like an antique package - somewhere along the line he had bought GooGone Candle Wax Lifter and it was in his tool box. It comes with its own little plastic scraper! So, he ended up not being in hot water after all! :lol: (However, the real GooGone is still MIA).

Tonight is Citrus Blossom from Sunrise Scents - but the clams say Eco Scents...not sure which is the name they really go by?

Hello!smiley-greet010.gif

Popping in real quick...hoping all is well and this finds you all smiling.smiley-happy092.gif Yeah...it's a goofy smile, but you get my drift.

Work is busy...gearing up for Valentine's Day.126fs2277341.gif

Melting CCCC Sugar Sugar in the LR. I think this is one of her new scents. Me likey!SEVeyesC08_th.gif

Melting Nene's Lemon Candied Sugared Violets or something like that in the BR and a Nene's Almond Rum Layered Torte in the kitchen..and OMG!!! Grantata is in love with this one and I think I got it on clearance.sigh.gif I emailed Melissa to see if she makes this anymore, if not, I'm going to have to find something equivalent to this scent. Oy!2qcmh45.gif

Y'all take care...I'll be baaaaaaaaack when the holiday is done.

happy-valentine-189.GIF

Snow's coming my way tonight and tomorrow!!! Hate getting out in it to go to work tomorrow...yuck!! Have SSS Zucchini Bread melting tonight, and it smells wonderful :oops:

We're getting snow on Saturday. It may or may not be a big one. I hope it's not bad becacuse we're taking DD to see the New York City Ballet on Sunday afternoon.

I'm melting Carol's Chestnuts & Brown Sugar and burning YC's Cinnamon Toast.

Good Morning, All--we are having a rain/sleet mix at the moment with snow to follow--hate it. Hope all of us in the path of this storm stay safe. Anyone know where Jason is? I think he has been MIA all week.

For this morning it is Candied Apple from YC. :oops:

Good morning :oops: :lol:

I am too sleepy at the moment to even think about what to melt so I just took my lighter and lit my GC Strudel & Spice candle....

Need

more

coffee....

Aria, that's the first thing I do in the morning too is get the coffee started; even before I take the dogs out. lol

Trep, same type of weather here. raining now, and there looks to be a bit of crispy ice on the grass as if it was a snow mix during the night. snow to follow too.

I have to say that the melts from TTMS seem to be bumping along good now. I put on chocolate goodnight kisses late last eve and could still smell it the minute I hit the living room this morning.

trying to see if I'll have the same luck with Snickerdoodle creations chunky melt in hot cocoa and candy cane.

Nene's luxor linen in the BR

Cheryl's verbena in the bath

-this usually goes for several days with only half a tart; it's uber strong.

have a good Friday all and to those expecting bad weather, stay safe.

:oops: Good Morning All!

That tart was driving me crazy last night...I thought I tossed the Lemon Berry Dream Cake from Candledippers due to the 'buttercream" with a touch of rancid ingredient. I was right...it was 7up Pound Cake from S&S...that's the lemon and it smelled nice... :lol:

This morning it's CYS Citrus Buttercream Cupcakes...WOW...this one is strong and very delicious!!!

Debra~ Glad everything worked out ok for you...Goo Gone Wax Remover you say??? Gotta get me some of that!!! You know that other Goo Gone will show up when you don't need it. lol

Awaiting the snow!

Guest ilovescentedthings
Good Afternoon! Snow is expected tomorrow evening...either 6-12 inches (southern path) or 12+ inches (more northern path). Either way, we're going to get hit. :oops:

Today I'm only burning candles...so far. I've been burning the last of YC Lemon Zest candle, Patriot candle Cookie Crunch and started burning the 64 oz. Downeast Butter Crunch candle. The Downeast candle smells yummy but only has a moderate throw, IMO.

how are the patriot candles in throwing and burning evenly? Those are the ones at walgreens right? I've seen them and the prices are right,but just curious as to how they are compared to yc or the walmart brand etc.

Guest ilovescentedthings
Melting:

Let them Eat Cake - GG- in LR...yummo

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie - Haley's - in FR ...another odd palm one

Lemon Berry Cake - Candledippers - in K...(I think...I changed the melters 50 times to get one I liked so I'm not sure this is correct but I smell lemon and it's good)

what do you mean by odd? I just got an order last week that was palm,and I am sitting on the fence about them.

ilove~ I know I mentioned this in an earlier post but I got an order from Haley's 2 months ago and all but 2 of them were palm wax. Of those, almost all had no scent throw but did have a strange fuelish weird scent. Out of the 2 paraffin tarts, the Amish Friendship Bread was amazing and strong and the Ice Capades was fine...just not my favorite scent. Thought the palm wax might be corrupt. IDK? Might try again at some point and ask for all paraffin.

Good Friday Morning!

Hi everyone! I got back late last night from visiting my DD and DS at school. It was a fun day. Tonight I am having the family over to celebrate my mom's 84th birthday. She is coming here after her dialysis so I hope she is feeling up to it.

I just put on some very old tarts I found when sorting through my stash on Wednesday. They are 3 from HOT-Sugar Frosted Apple Cobbler, Huck Finn Sugar Cane and Velvet Sunset.

:lol: :oops:

Guest ilovescentedthings
ilove~ I know I mentioned this in an earlier post but I got an order from Haley's 2 months ago and all but 2 of them were palm wax. Of those, almost all had no scent throw but did have a strange fuelish weird scent. Out of the 2 paraffin tarts, the Amish Friendship Bread was amazing and strong and the Ice Capades was fine...just not my favorite scent. Thought the palm wax might be corrupt. IDK? Might try again at some point and ask for all paraffin.

rut roh, mine all came palm wax. I've noticed that the scent throw is just not really strong per se. I am using a tea light and it seems like it took it forever to throw a little bit. hmm

candlelove-what happend to HOT? I had them on my list to try but it seems like they are not going to re-open?

This morning the snow is coming down again-very pretty!

Melting-

Sweet Baby Snuggles-Blue Gecko

Pink Sugared Cranberry-CFTKR

Have a great day.