The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

February's Flirty Flames

Wow MaggieMae...you can't smell the Apple Spice either???? That scent is usually good, yeah, i hope they aren't seconds either...i have one of those coming!!

Michele~ Yea...I was disappointed with the Vanilla but I'm not giving up...I've got it going again today so we will see.

Becky~ It might just be me today cause I'm really not getting a big scent from Cheryl's melts either and hers are usually very powerful...but even so, I am glad I gave GC a try...at $10 a candle it's a steal.

Yes, great buy on those [smilie=th_confused3] I really love the Maple Cream, but don't really see that scent from that seller much....and the Cinnamon is great :?

yeah, I am not getting much from the apple spice either. To me, they act how a yankee scents. not much on cold sniff either once burned. I had it going yesterday for a long time and it smelled like wax and fuelish smell. [smilie=th_confused3] I had one other Goose Creek and it was a few years ago. was a white or yellow cake scent and I got thinking that I lived in another apt. next door at that time. It threw really well but there is a different configuration here. I'm now leary to buy any more. the angel kiss is also on the weak side. the upside is I can use these lantern jars once finished.

fleur, I've had a couple of close calls myself. so did ya dump the wax before it went flying? I hope so. nothing worse than broken shreds of glass and wax spill.

Good morning! Haven't had time to catch up yet, but wanted to post my scents before I forgot them...

HL-Blueberry Muffins

Crystal Clear-Blueberry Crunch Muffins

CFTKR-Blue Agave

I am even wearing blue today-must be that kind of day.

Good morning! [smilie=th_blij51]

Maggie, I'll miss Forever Alice too. One of the great ones! [smilie=th_cry2yw3]

Trep, thanks for letting me vote. :lol: That ice storm sounds horrid! How long were you affected by it?

Jules, thanks. Mint Salad sounds good!

Sweet, I've wondered where ya been. Bummer about missing the sale. Ah well, there will be another before too long. [smilie=th_confused3] Glad the doctor fixed your ailing 'puter.

Aria, I haven't seen the puppy bowl and kitties in a long time, but boy those little ones are busy and adorable!

Fleur, horrid about your melter bowl. But the accident's a good excuse to go shopping, no? [smilie=th_c032]

I'm melting SH's Mrs. Claus Candy Cane Cookies. My nose thinks this one is just okay. :?

Gail

Gail--we were without power at our house for five days--some were out for 2 full weeks. On the fourth day we were out of wood which was all that was keeping the house at 50 degrees so we packed up and went 300 miles north and stayed with my dad. It was truly a horrible experience.

Fleur--I am so sorry you broke your bowl. I use tins most of the time as I got tired of breaking mine. Ha!!

Aria--I will gladly send all my snow up to you now and forever. I absolutely hate every flake.

Trep, that must have been AWFUL! [smilie=th_confused3] Your comment about hating every flake makes me think of my DB and sis-in-law. They live in the nearby mountains and the recent big storms brought them tons of snow. It knocked their electricity out and they were stranded with nothing but candles for warmth for several days. Candles are great, but for warmth??? Their new mantra is "We hate white." :?

Gail

Good morning! Sitting here enjoying Can-Do's Prim Wishes, a cup of Good Earth tea and Bible reading for the day (prepping for a study I lead tonight). Very relaxing. Too bad it ends in an hour when I have to get back to the grind....Off to the noon WW meeting, then the school pickups, quick dinner and then the evening runaround to everyone's activities.

Have a great Wednesday, wax lovers!!

P.S. - I'm expecting a new melter in the mail today and I won't even be able to play with it until Friday probably - bummer.

Hi everyone!!!

Thanks so much for the get well wishes for my back. Its a little better today, not much though.

Last nights melts were YC Roses & Ivy, love, love, love that scent. I like YC Frescut Roses too, but it makes my eyes itch, no problem with this one though. Also melted Can-Do Cowgirls, great scent, not too much leather and plenty strong!!

Olive, about those Scentsational Clams, I think $1.99 is the regular price, thats what I paid in Walmart.

Have a good afternoon all!

Just got back from running a bunch of errands and also made a trip to the Flower Factory and picked up a few Kinfolk Candles jars.....$4.25 each for 8 oz. After sniffing a whole bunch, I settled on...

Colonial Welcome ~ spicy, with a smoky, woodsy note...

Cedar Spice Wood ~ strong cedar scent and I also detect sandalwood or amber

Coconut Lime Verbena ~ smells just like the BBW scent...love

Sleighbells ~ okay, this is a Holiday scent, but it smells so good...a mix of spice and citrus and a sweet note like flowers or something.

I've still got Nene's Lemon Squares melting....think I'll light one of my new candles for the afternoon and give the melters a rest and clean them out.

Have a great afternoon.....I feel a wee nap coming on...lol....maybe I'll wait awhile before I light a candle!

Hi everyone!!!

Thanks so much for the get well wishes for my back. Its a little better today, not much though.

Last nights melts were YC Roses & Ivy, love, love, love that scent. I like YC Frescut Roses too, but it makes my eyes itch, no problem with this one though. Also melted Can-Do Cowgirls, great scent, not too much leather and plenty strong!!

Olive, about those Scentsational Clams, I think $1.99 is the regular price, thats what I paid in Walmart.

Have a good afternoon all!

sillysmom - I'm glad you are feeling better.

I bought the ScentSational clam at Hobby Lobby. Maybe they are just priced higher there because regular price is $3.99. I haven't been able to find them yet at the local Walmart. I'm going to keep looking though.

I never did light a candle....was too afraid I'd fall asleep...lol. Now the boys are home, so I am AWAKE.

I am now melting a tart from Bella's.....and OH MY......this is a super good one......Down Home Corn Pudding. Pass the spoon....a very hard to describe scent, but sweet and just yummy smelling! hearts.gif

Trep, that must have been AWFUL! :lol: Your comment about hating every flake makes me think of my DB and sis-in-law. They live in the nearby mountains and the recent big storms brought them tons of snow. It knocked their electricity out and they were stranded with nothing but candles for warmth for several days. Candles are great, but for warmth??? Their new mantra is "We hate white." [smilie=th_yay]

Gail

I'm in total agreement with your DB and sis-in-law.

Thanks for all the "condolences" for my broken melter bowl. :lol: I knew my "waxy" friends would understand the pain! Ha! Luckily, I had cold wax in the bowl, so I did not have hot wax splattered all over the place, just shards of pottery!

Tonight I am burning a YC Buttercream candle. This is a family favorite! [smilie=th_yay]

been gone most of the day and have to pop out again in a bit.

Sugar and Spice blackberry fizz

haven't changed out the br and bath melters yet.

I looked for the clams and tart warmers into one of the superwalmarts here but they didn't have them. there are several walmarts here so perhaps I'll bump into them sooner or later, or go to one of the hobby lobby's. I love those stores. It is so relaxing when you go into them; beautiful music playing. just a nice experience.

Kim, glad your back is a bit better and glad you didn't have a liquid wax spill too!