The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

February's Flirty Flames

Just waiting for the snow, so its a good melting day. I have Scentsy Spiced grapefruit int he family room, YC Red apple wreath in the kitchen and YC lemon lavander in the bedroom.

Debbie

On this rainy morning I'm melting Beanie Melts from Ashman. I just love the Strudel n' Spice with my morning coffeeCoffee_and_Surfing__Female_by_Momma__G.gif

LLVV, have fun at the ballet! I hope the weather holds out for you.

Candlelove, the happiest of birthdays to your DM! May she be feeling very well today and onward. :oops:

Everybody in bad weather zones, stay safe, warm and dry. [smilie=th_cray] We're due for more rain today and tomorrow but at least it's not supposed to be a deluge this time.

I'm melting BG's Green Apple Pucker. Oh so good! :lol:

Gail

candlelove, happy birthday to your mother. Is your sister able to get in from New Jersey? I know the east coast is supposed to be socked with some weather and flights cancelled, etc.

Maggie, I melted the last palm from haley's last week. it was pumpkin spice something and had very little throw. I found the parrafin were fine; not the palm as far as the throw. I didn't have an odd smell to them, just no throw. I ordered first part of Dec. thankfully, I only ordered about 3 or 4 palm singles (actually by mistake).

went out and got the car serviced, gassed, stopped at the grocery and post office. I'm hunkered down for the day, going to iron and just wait for the 'stuff' to start. bought a spiral ham I'm going to put in the crockpot. raining now. was snowing briefly when I went out but didn't stick. good day to snuggle up with candles and melties. :oops:

I'm back from my errands. The snow flakes are falling and are huge!!! I am melting 2 of my favorite comfort scents Bellas-Baton Rouge and LOL-American Dream. I'm in for the rest of the day. Y'all that are out and about in this stuff, be safe.

Hi everyone!

I'm melting Cinnamon Roll from Nene's. clap.gif

:)

Denny,

Did you get to stay home today?

Melting Nene's orchard PeachHappy_Dance_by_Momma__G.gif

Guest ilovescentedthings

I am burning old fashioned candle company's hot buttered rum,attempting to melt haleys white cake. I am getting no throw from haleys or ofcc.. Dont smell anything unless my nose is above the candle or tart warmer. Not too sure as to what to do with the Haleys tarts,do I say something? or chalk up to not buying again?

how are the patriot candles in throwing and burning evenly? Those are the ones at walgreens right? I've seen them and the prices are right,but just curious as to how they are compared to yc or the walmart brand etc.

The scent I burn the most is Cookie Crunch because I find it to be the strongest, but I also buy one for my neighbor called Indigo Nights (sort of like YC Midsummers Night) and she loves it. I buy them only when they're on sale. On Black Friday, they were Buy 1, Get 2 free and last week they were buy 1 get 1 free. I would say that the scents I've tried are comparable to YC in strength and, like YC 1-wicks, I always use a candle topper and they burn pretty clean. I haven't burned many Walmart jars but when I have bought Mainstays I've gotten the 3-wick mediums and the Patriots probably compare to those in strength. They're hit or miss just like other brands. HTH

Still burning Cookie Crunch, Butter Crunch and just started Goose Creek Maple Toddy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the GC.

I'm melting Pumpkin Cookie Brulee from SSS. It smells really great but the scent seems to be fizzling out.

I hope that all of you in the storm's path stay safe. Our precipitation is all rain. I am so sick of rain. I almost prefer the drought we were in for a couple of years.

I am burning old fashioned candle company's hot buttered rum,attempting to melt haleys white cake. I am getting no throw from haleys or ofcc.. Dont smell anything unless my nose is above the candle or tart warmer. Not too sure as to what to do with the Haleys tarts,do I say something? or chalk up to not buying again?

I've ordered tarts from her twice and got absolutely no scent from any of them. I wanted them to be good SOOO Bad, but nothing :)

I am burning my rain candle from mia bella's and melting white cotton from bridgewater candles. Just wasn't in the mood for doodlebug today so I am going to save it for another day.

Guest ilovescentedthings

I've ordered tarts from her twice and got absolutely no scent from any of them. I wanted them to be good SOOO Bad, but nothing :)

ok, so maybe its not me but rather the tarts. I ordered once before when everyone raved about the tarts. Tried them and thought hmph its most likely me or the scent choices. So I just re ordered again(small order,thank you God) and I am not getting a freaking throw.

denimsway-did you get parafin or palm?

Denny,

Did you get to stay home today?

Melting Nene's orchard PeachHappy_Dance_by_Momma__G.gif

Hi Barbita - Yes, I have the day off and I'm enjoying it!

Ilove, I've gotten good throw and great scent from haley's paraffin red velvet cake, buttermilk pancakes but the palms I got were very weak and couldn't really smell them unless I was standing near the warmer.

lady, let us know how the hot toddy goes. i've got the apple spice on now but not much throw. I have to say they burn clean, full melt pool quickly, and no wick issues. I can burn them for a long time 6+ hours with no soot. I've not had to clean around the rims once.

Kim, I love Baton Rouge. I've not had it from Bella's but CCCC and I love it. such a pretty scent; I almost chose that this morning for the BR.

got some candles going:

Goose Creek apple spice-weak

Gold Canyon Sweet Cinnabons-good and yummy as always

Mainstays Cinnamon Vanilla-weak and can't get a full melt pool no matter what

Sugar&Spice-warm gingerbread and apples-weak but burns clean

melting: CFTKR cinnamon streudel in the electric(yum) and warm apples and gingerbread in the T-light melter(on the weak side and no better throw in the tlight melter)

ok, so maybe its not me but rather the tarts. I ordered once before when everyone raved about the tarts. Tried them and thought hmph its most likely me or the scent choices. So I just re ordered again(small order,thank you God) and I am not getting a freaking throw.

denimsway-did you get parafin or palm?

Mine were parafin. I did get two tart warmers that I love from her at a great price and shipping was free, but I would not order tarts from her again.

I've ordered tarts from her twice and got absolutely no scent from any of them. I wanted them to be good SOOO Bad, but nothing :oops:

I'm in the tropical mood now, with all stomach-flu-going-on around me. :) The sweeter - the better. Pinacolada by Whiff and Sniff. Waited for 3 weeks to get them cured - finally I can smell it.

Denim, thanks for heads up. It's so annoying when you have expectation from the scent description and get nothing in return (even if it's a small order).

Have a great evening every one.

Guest ilovescentedthings
I've ordered tarts from her twice and got absolutely no scent from any of them. I wanted them to be good SOOO Bad, but nothing :oops:

Me three agree!

I am thinking that it was a big mistake asking for palm wax. Could have sworn though that there was talk some time back about how wonderfull her palm wax was in retaining scent longer..