The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

February's Flirty Flames

Melting Lemon Crumb Cake from County chunkie Candles~~I am LOVING all of their tarts, glad i placed a 2nd order a few days ago...they are really strong and last a LONG time :)

good morning, all.

Trep enjoy your day out with friends and your xmas gift exchange ....which is a great segue to what I am melting...

CCCC Berry Christmas. I love this scent; more like her sugared spruce that is just bumped up a notch. I've got one coming in the latest order.

speaking of CCCC, I was searching for my new clams in Citrus Linen H20 to put in my bath this morning. Have you ever misplaced one of your fav. scents? I have a suitcase for my BR/bath stash and it is not there. I'm sure I'll find it when I am not looking for it but was sure in the mood for it this morning.

Nene's Fleur de Mer in the bath

Candledippers-Diva in the BR

I am loving Candledippers. thanks Gail and all the other enabling fans. I've had a few that were blowing out the nose hairs strong, and the ones I've had for my br/bath have gone all day. Love them.

and Becky, you've been dangling country chunkie in front of my nose all week. LOL I'll have to look for a link on the site.

have a good Friday, all. Maggie, hope you are able to melt today and not just live vicariously thru the boards. :)

animal0028.gif Good Morning!

Woke up with a raw feeling in my throat...ugh. The boys are off school today and Monday. Sledding hill is going to be busy! DS#1 is jonesin' for a video game and has a gift card, so we may head out shopping for a bit.

Right now, I am just catching a bit of Fox News and melting LOL Boston Cream Doughnut....it smells great and I'm not getting any chocolate in it thank goodness.

Anyone else besides me want a Pajama-Gram for Valentine's Day? What a cute idea! New pj's are always fun.....well, along with new wax! love632c2_03.gif

Susan, I love CD as well...awesome stuff.

becky, glad to hear you are enjoying Country Chunkie....it's been a couple years since I've ordered and I think they were actually closed for a bit. Love those pretty chunks.

debra, I ordered from Sweet Surrender once before and was very pleased too. She carries one of my fave scents...Turquoise....which is hard to find. Texas Charm has it and I think CD carries it as well. Anyhow, it's a great summertime scent.

Okay, gals, I am off to grab another cup of coffee!

33063.gif

I'm melting Baby Powder from Country Heart Candles this a.m. ~ It's nice. Would be very nice for a bathroom or other small spots [smilie=grrr]

I brought my fresh scent sampler from CFTKR to work today and I'm here by myself so I think I'm going to try out some of these babies!

Mornin' all,

Susan, your posts are always so good. You have such a nice, conversational tone. [smilie=th_help] And you're welcome re CandleDippers. I'm so glad you're enjoying them.

Becky, you're doing a great job tempting me with your Country Chunkie raves!

Denim, enjoy your fresh sampler today. How nice to be able to take them to work.

Cat, your area is having some amazing weather. My daughter's vacationing in New Orleans for Mardi Gras. Some of the parades have been canceled, but she's really enjoying the Cajun cuisine!

Aria, I hope you're not getting sick.

I'm continuing with Can-Do's Peppermint Stick this morning. Very good, plenty strong. It's going to get a mighty test in a few minutes because I'm going to make deviled eggs for a party this afternoon. [smilie=grrr]

Gail

Kim, is that old man winter??

Gail, I hope I'm not getting sick either..... oh, deviled eggs! I'll be right over! Yum!

Good morning!

I'm only burning a candle right now because the tea light went out a few minutes ago on my Banana Berry tart from Carol (fabulous scent by the way). Oh, the candle is Candy Slices...I'm smelling on the vanilla lime part.

This morning, so far I am melting CFTKR-Saffron and Spice. This is my store day, so I'll check in later and have a great morning. (I couldn't resist this Avatar..)..

I want to try that one.

I put on Citrus H20 from CFTKR and it is amazing!!! I'm in love!

Burning my Gold Canyon Gingerbread Candle and melting AMS Chocolate covered cherries! Smells really good in my house today! [smilie=grrr]

Maggie, I know what you mean about the smells and a stomach bug; even if I'm over the worst of it, the only smells I want are something citrus-y and that is it. You were a brave dear to eve come and read the board. I also can't watch food commercials for at least two days after a bug. I can still see it now...the year 1976..home with a bug...a Duncan Hines commercial comes on...I can still see that box...was the last thing I saw before the waste basket. LOL I know, TMI, TMI.

Susan~ Thanks for the story...it cracked me up because it was so familiar! Sorry...I know it was NOT funny at the time! I always walk around thinking I am so great cause I never get anything other than a headcold and <>. [smilie=grrr] knocked for a loop. Every day is a little better...but ya know it's hard not to read the posts! I love to see what's happening and melting! Finally got a cup a coffee in after 4 days... [smilie=th_help] Delightful!

Enjoy your Friday all!!

Denim, I am in envy that you are enjoying your Citrus Linen H20. I searched for a new pack of clamshells from CCCC today and I'll be derned if I can find it. I so love this scent; so clean and fresh.

I've been wracking my brain trying to think of what this Diva from Candledippers smells just like and it hit me: this is the same thing as Cheryl's Merlin's Forest if you've ever tried that. Cheryl's is so strong that it will go on forever in a melter. I like this scent.

Maggie, the first sign that I am back to getting my running shoes on(figuratively speaking, of course) is that I want my coffee! yep, that's when I know I am over it. it almost sounds to me like you had Noro-virus. It is nasty and so contagious. We've had patients bring it on the unit and in hours, others show signs. (It is the same thing as the cruise-ship virus). I could do an in-service on the issue. LOL got socked with it all 3 times we've had it on our unit and I too am not one to 'pick up bugs'. Fever, headache, chills, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, and muscle aches! oh goodness the muscle aches. Although the acute phase only lasts for about 24-48 hrs at most, you just don't feel up to par for a couple days after. It can run rampant in schools, day-care, college dorms, nursing homes. Usually caretakers (moms, nurses) don't pass it on to the kids but easy for caretakers to get it cuz you're the ones tending to them. It is air-borne (if you know what I mean) and who else is holding a head while someone has it over the can, or cleaning up after but the moms and nurses. yep. I know again, TMI, TMI.

Susan~ Thanks for the info! That really sounds like it...fever for 48 hours and trying to recoup since then...the aches are not something I would wish on my worst enemy! I think I know who I picked it up from too...a little boy at the preschool had the worst case of this last week and guess who had to clean it up?? [smilie=th_help] Poor Baby!!! Now I know how he felt. Thanks for your expertise...I appreciate it! Melt like a mad woman for me! [smilie=grrr]

Today I have been burning Candy Hearts (swirl jar from YC) and melting Love Spell from Crosscreek. Just opened the door to a dozen roses (sent from DH) which is really rounding out my scented kick-off to Valentine's Day weekend!

Guest ilovescentedthings

Were melting Eucalyptus by scentsy. Love this scent wish it was disc. though

No takers on the Pajama-gram thingy huh?? I must be weird....

The boys and I went out this afternoon for some shopping and lunch at a little diner. It was enjoyable.

We got home and they promptly headed for the sledding hill....it's a good day for it...no wind and not too cold out. I am getting ready to bake some chocolate chip cookies. It will be a little surprise for them later.

I've got a YC burning in Buttercream and also melting Carol's English Lemon Curd, but I am sure the cookies baking are going to drown both of these scents out!

Have a nice afternoon.....

No, Aria: That is Charles Darwin Ape-Man Critter in honor of his birthday. It's kinda bizarre, kinda funny... I've run my errands and I have decided to burn one of my precious stash from Everyday Whims. This one is a favorite of mine, Fairy Forest. So, I am going to sit here and thoroughly enjoy this wonderful scent. I hope y'all have a good evening. Maggie; I hope you are on the mend.. :shock: :lol: [smilie=th_aa17]

We're getting the most beautiful snowfall here in my area of SC..this only happens here aboiut every five years or so!

Been melting:

GHBT strawberry rhubarb...love this

GHBT sex on the beach

Pure Scents vanilla grapefruit...love this

YC Boo!...pretty weak

I have enjoyed catching up on the boards. I overslept this morning and didn't get a chance to get on here. That is the first thing I do to relax every morning. I love to just sit with a cup of coffee and see what everybody has been up to.

Since I was going to be out most of the day I turned a melter on with CYS Peach Amaretto Upside Down Cake from the other day. It went about 12 hours then and maybe another 5 yesterday and is going about 9 hours today. I still haven't switched it out beause it is still smelling great. This has got to be the strongest melt I've had in a while. Love it. I can't say enough good things about CYS. I find them to have the most unique and strong smelling scents.

Cat-Good Luck with the move. My sister sold her house and moved a couple of doors down. It is still strange when I pass her old house.

Susan-I caved for the Country Chunkie melts after hearing all Becky's and Cyn's raves. I can't wait to get them!

good evening, all.

not a pajama-gram taker but always see the commercials on tv this time of year. I'm a sweatpants/sweatshirt, or sweatshirt/flannel bottoms kind of gal. lol I choose my prints by asking myself if this is something I could take the dogs out first thing in the morning without looking like I got jammies on, since I live in the city. LOL

Momof2,how sweet of hubby. the first few years we were married, hubby would buy me flowers at least once a month. I got a beautiful heavy crystal vase for a wedding gift and every once in a while kid him about how I now just wash it to keep the dust off. :shock:

Maggie, yep the caretakers get it so easily. golly, did any of the other kids in pre-school catch it?

Candledippers Lemon Biscotti this afternoon. soo soo yummy. also burning CBV orange chiffon cake which I love. has just a touch of almond in it.

also burning CBV cleo's closet in my bath.

candledippers diva still going in the BR.

it is all competing with my oven stuffed roaster in the crockpot and a chocolate cake in the oven. Since I work Sunday, I joked with my 2 other co-workers we could have an 'intimate soiree' so we're all bringing some good eats. already prepared and layered my Cincinnati Chili dip in the crockie and is in the fridge. will take it out to warm on sunday.

Any Olympic watchers here? I never miss them-summer or winter. I've never been a sports enthusiast but there is something different about the olympics. I have to have a box of tissues near me for the whole 2 weeks though. I cry at opening and closing ceremonies, and whoever wins the medals; doesn't matter which country. I know, a wuss here. I've spent part of the afternoon on the NBC Olympics website. Tonight is opening ceremonies. Yay!

have a good eve, all.