The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DebbieT

January's Happy New Scents

Hey everyone!!

A little frigid her on Long Island today. Sorry I haven't been posting much, crazy at work, and some soccer drama for my DD, so we've been checking out some new teams, a huge chore.

Last nights melt was Lessie Birthday Cake from Can-Do, one of my favorites, and Country Home Scents, Fresh Baked Bread, it started out good, didn't smell like bread though, and about 2 am I woke up and swore I smelled popcorn, yuck, turned that right off.

LLVV, you did some major damage, you didn't mention that in your email!!!!!!!

Good afternoon all

Vanilla Oak/Twigs and Berries melt still going strong in the LR..from Cheryl's. Haven't decided what candle in there yet.

Comp..BizzyB's Sparkling Champagne/Captivatingly Currant chunk melt and a chunk candle in the same. i like this one.

Hey there!

fibernut, how awesome that you went sledding! Oh how fun! The kiddos sure love it a lot, don't they? We are big sledders and ice skaters here....have a rink right in our backyard. I know what you mean about the sun though....glad it's been a sunny one today for sure. Oh yeah, I do LOOOVE those fall scents. I guess since I've lived in Michigan my entire life, I am just used to the cold....but it also makes Spring so much fun to look forward to!:? Love the bluebirds!

Well, friends, I did a little rearranging today...hehe. Brought out a few candles I've had tucked away...a Warm Glow hearth candle in Hot Apple Butter that I put in a wrought iron basket with some Spanish moss....I should take a pic of that and post some p0rn. I also found a small Home Interiors jar scented in Caramel Pear and I put out some fresh Olio potpourri in Apples 'N Spice. Best smelling potpourri I have found yet!

Also have a couple of melters going.....Cinnamon Grahams from Can-Do and Spiced Apple from Almost Country. My home smells so good right now..... [smilie=cloud_9]

Okay, gotta get going....just heard the school bus go by!

carryon.gif

I went to our local Hallmark store this morning and they had gotten in Yankee's new Strawberry Buttercream, Tutti Fruitti, and Fruit Salad so some of you that are waiting on those might want to check your local Hallmark stores. Yankee is not scheduled to get these any time soon from what I hear. They don't even know what you are talking about if you go in and ask them.

After writing the above I was at Yankee and they had just received an email saying that those three scents will be available come summer. I suspected as much but it is nice to know for sure.

Still have Vanilla Cupcake going as it is too late now to start something else. Have a great night, all.

This afternoon's melt is Vanille Abricot from LOL. It's not throwing very well. I'm starting to wonder if my warmer is getting old. It's a year old and seems as hot as ever, but hmmm, mebbe not. Or maybe I have a moderate case of "candle nose." :?

Gail

good eve, all. lots of yummy scents...lots of apples and spice. do I see a theme here? lol

LLVV, I've got the butterscotch creams on my wish list. so glad you like it. I tend to follow your lead alot with Carol, as she is one of my favs.

Winter lover here too. yep. love it.

barbita, I love Slatkin fresh balsam. Mine is gone. great throw those 3 wicks are.

burning Slatkin Winter

melting: Can-do blue spruce LR

CFTKR sugared spruce-BR

Cheryl's Merlin's Forest-Bath. yep, that's the scent that keeps on giving. second day and still smells nice.

Gail-I had not had my LR melter very long and noticed one day that a tart from Carol that normally threw like crazy was strong but not as strong as usual. I then had a CBV scent shot that would not melt but would melt in my BR 24 watt. I wrapped a piece of alluminum foil around the 24watt electric and got my CBV tarts to melt. I notice when I pick up the dish to dump it is super hot now. I just use the alluminum foil wrapped around it all the time. Since it is just one of those functional looking 24 watts and not a real fancy one, I don't mind covering up the melter. I just make sure the foil is wrapped so that it covers the dish and just below the top of the base. HTH.

have a good eve, all.

Good evening.

Silly...LOL. I didn't buy all of those scents. I got Blueberry (with a coupon and only because it's my favorite), Beware, Autumn Leaves, Christmas Cookie, and Berry Jam. So yes, a bit of damage but not that bad. Now, if you calculate all of the YC's I've recently bought then yes...some major damage. I actually had to use cash for some of the purchases to hide them from DH...LOL. DD will probably tell on me. She loves doing that. :-)

Tonight I'm melting Carol's Apple Berry Parfait. Nothing yet but I just lit it 5 minutes ago. I'm still burning the same candle.

Finally home. I'm still in denial that I'll be spending the next 3 weeks at the courthouse. Longer days than what I'm used to. First and only melt of the day is Amish Quilt from Bella's. So comforting on this cold, cloudy evening.

Good evening, forum friends.

Sweet, I agree. Cheryl's Spiced Pumpkin Nectar is ohhh so good!

Tunisian, thank you so much for the tip! [smilie=th_smiley-crying] Quick question. Do you wrap the foil around the entire dish, including the bottom that sits on the warming element or do you wrap only the sides and up almost to the top? Does that question make sense? Thanks again!

I changed out to LOL's Poinsettia Cookies and this one's doing a lot better than the others from earlier today. My melter is a 20 watt and I'm eyeballing some of the 24 watters. May end up getting one of those soon.

Mpfand, I hope you enjoy your jury duty. I've enjoyed mine in the past, although it wasn't three weeks at a time. Anymore, I really don't want to serve. They've called me every single year for the past 20+ so I'm not very thrilled to get summoned anymore.

Gail

Another cool avatar, jules!

mp- I hope your 3 weeks goes quickly - maybe some tarts in your purse for some quick cold sniffs?

Tonight is Haley's Lemongrass Sage.

Gail, I wrap it all the way around the dish folding it over the top, and then down a little past where the bowl sits on the base; so the bottom of the foil is about an inch on the base. mainly as along as the area where the base and bowl meet is completely covered by the foil. does that make sense? lol I know it is hard to explain.

OMG Haley's bluebery muffin is to die for...just put it on and it started throwing like crazy. I'm going to take one for school also!

In the bedroom just started YC garden sweet pea!

Haven't tried Haley's Blueberry Muffin yet....going to have to try that one next. She has so many scents that i still have not tried.

gm, all.

Bizzyb's sweet sugared piecrust&Tart green apple-LR

GG-High Maintainance-BR

put the melter in the freezer from the bath. Cheryl's Merlin's forest even scents the bathroom when it is not lit but after two full days, I'm ready for a change. Do you remember the old Revlon Flex shampoo? that is what I immediately thought of when I sniffed it the first time. very strong throw.

Melting:

Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin (Haley's) in LR

Honey Graham Cracker (Haley's) in K

Cinnamon Noel Cookie (Bella's) in FR....all very delicious and it's smelling real nice in here!

Upstairs it's Satin Sheets (Almost Country) in BR..love it.

Have a good one! [smilie=th_smiley-crying]

mpfand - I hope it will go smooth for you at least. Can you snick some tarts to sniff, as Debra suggested? [smilie=th_Whistle]

TW - I loved the Flex shampoo, as cheap as it was, it was the best shampoo and conditioner for my hair. I was soo very disappointed when it disappeared. I'll try this one (in the distant future, can't buy wax anymore). [smilie=th_smiley-crying]

And I'm filling the Girl Scout cookie forms (yeah-yeah, I'm a GS troop leader. What won't you do for you kid, right?), so I needed badly somethn' calming. Like YC Jasmine.

[smilie=th_316785e4]