The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DebbieT

January's Happy New Scents

I'm melting Carol's new Strawberry Banana Whip...amazing! I'm not getting much banana but there is an amazing strawberry note and a slight creamy note in it. Love it! I also have Cranberry Orange Spice melting downstairs.

Good morning.

How's everybody doing?

HoT - Mint Salad

More chores and errands, chores and errands. It's like the movie Groundhog Day around here.

Good morning!

Today I'm melting

CFTKR Caramel pecan Mousse

CFTKR Holiday Treat...this one is extra yummy!

Candles GC Creme Brulee and YC Mac Apple

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning, All!

Only thing melting this morning is Shore Breeze by BBW in 2 melters. Need to clear out the leftover bakery scents & get a fresh start.

Just added Patriot Home Linens candle to the mix.

:lol:

Tunisian, now I understand exactly about the foil. Very clear explanation. Thank you! :)

I'm melting Cross Creek's Plum Pudding from a CF friend.:lol: buddy! This one is so strong and 100% wonderful! :lol:

I just discovered something. I've haven't yet ordered from Cross Creek but over time I've received twelve tarts as gifts. I rated ten of those as A+. I think I need to start stalking their website for future sales. [smilie=th_cc8]

Gail

oh Gail, I love Deana's tarts! and she has those cute heart embossed ones now for Valentine's day. so pretty.

added CBV Breakfast in Vermont Candle-just started it but cold sniff is yummo.

Finally home. I'm still in denial that I'll be spending the next 3 weeks at the courthouse. Longer days than what I'm used to. First and only melt of the day is Amish Quilt from Bella's. So comforting on this cold, cloudy evening.

Hey mpfand, maybe they will let you melt in the jury room!!!!!

Last nights melt was Can-Do's Mimi's house, only because all of you rave about it. I did like it very much, but it was hard for me to figure out the notes. I did smell apples and a little greenery, but It had alot going on. Anyone have the description, I can't get on Donna's site to check it.

Have a good night!~

Good lord, Cheryl's Vanilla Oak/Twigs and Berries is still going after 30 hours straight. I guess I will just leave it as have things to do and will change this evening. I have got to get a candle in that from her.

In the comp room I have Country Berries/Orange Chiffon from BizzyB's in the melter and her chunk candle in Sparkling Champagne/Captivatingly Currant again. These are making a nice mix back here

Have a good one everybody.

Sillysmom, I think Gail might have the exact description but I think it also has the smell of wood floors in it.(?) I've got it but haven't melted it yet. I wasn't really bowled over by the cold throw. there's something about that apple scent that smells like a non-authentic apple scent. Not saying it isn't good, as I haven't melted yet. I also had a winter candy apple scent shot from someone else once that had that same apple note to it and I had to toss it.

added CBV Palm Island candle to the bath, and Sophie Belle to the BR.

:lol: Score!!! I just found a Candle Haven melt in Chocolate Coconut Smores. I didn't even know she ever made this scent, but that's what the label reads.

I'm melting it right now. My day just got 10 times better.

Afternoon Folks,

I have been AWOL for a bit because the kiddo threw me for loop. A week ago today, she announced they were getting married on Feb 12th! In the time since I have:

Bought a wedding dress

ordered the groom's suit

ordered flowers

ordered wedding cake

rented the wedding/reception location

got her shoes

got my outfit

booked the minister

arranged the caterer

Oh yeah....the other daughter is getting married on Jan 26th. *LOL* She isn't being so high maintenance. All I had to do for her was:

Book a restaurant

Book a limo

Make appointment at the justice of the peace

Book appointment to have henna tattoos done for us

Order centerpiece and candles for table

Oh...I am melting Carol's Chocolate Gourmet Fudge today ,,, very pleasant scent, not extremely strong. In the last few days I have also melted her Blueberry Flapjacks - excellent, Orange Caramel Crunch - definitely excellent, Cinnamony Blueberry - excellent, Pecan Cheesecake Brulee - pleasant, not very strong.

Catching up with you guys and what you are melting,

Here is what I melted the last 2 days

Busy Bees Peppermint Cocoa

Blue Gecko Bel Vampiro ( I hope I got this name right)

Carol's Spiced Cider and Roasted Chestnuts

Candles,

YC CHristmas Cookie

CH Red Velvet Cake

Cheryl's Strawberry Sundae

Have a great night!

lana, wow, you sure have been busy! Everything looks like typical wedding plans, except for the tattoos! :lol: :lol:

Just turned off the Hey Sugar from earlier....not sure this is the same Hey Sugar I was thinking of when I ordered it. I was expecting more of a bakery lemon and for some reason, I am smelling more of a clean lemon. I like it, just not what I expected.....

Started another melter with Deja` Vu from Can-Do....great, cozy scent.

Off to fix chicken fajitas for dinner!

Have a nice evening!

Hi there everyone!

It has been a very busy day. I am now melting Can Do Cast Iron Cookies and CYS Tres Leches Cake. I am burning YC Mrs. Claus Cookies, YC Buttercream, and Haley's Buttercream Cupcakes. It smells good here!

I have been very impressed by the throw of my small Haley's candle.

wow, Lana! you have been busy. My anniversary is Jan 24th. I got married a bit later and didn't want the big to-do either. too much expense and what it all comes down to is a day that should be special to do the bride and groom so to each their own. so glad i didn't get caught up in all the hooplah because I could really enjoy the day and not get caught up in details.(or debt) :lol:

Sillys, Mimi's House is one of my all time faves. I think it's divine! I don't have the "official" scent description from Donna, but here's my own description, double-checked against Donna's when I made this post some time back. Hope it's helpful:

The most prominent note is a whole bushel of red apples with just-picked freshness from the tree. I'm not smelling much spice and definitely no bakery at all, just a natural fruity goodness of raw apple. The scent description says "potpourri" but I don't think so, unless it's apple potpourri. Definitely no floral that I can tell. Also mentioned is "wood floors" and I would never in a million years come up with that on my own, but when I read it, I said, "Oh YES!! What a fabulous combination!"

Wow Lana, you're one busy lady! I hope the weddings are beautiful!

I've been out all day, just getting back to the oh-so-delightful pleasure of re-heating this morning's Crosscreek's Plum Pudding.

Gail

mp- I hope your 3 weeks goes quickly - maybe some tarts in your purse for some quick cold sniffs?

[smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] Good idea Debra! Maybe you could give it a really lonnnng sniff....cross your eyes a little and to top it off, a little audible sighing or mmmmmm...noise. Do that a few times and I betcha they'll either excuse U early or you'll make some scent buddies. :shock: [smilie=th_stink]

Melting CFTKR's Maple Oats & Honey. Excellent! [smilie=th_LA839B1117]