The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DebbieT

January's Happy New Scents

Tonight is Mint Mojito from Hat Creek.

My lab snores very, very loudly! It is pretty funny but a real pain when you want to sleep. The kitty that passed away last year also snored - but it sounded like she was blowing bubbles with her nose. [smilie=th_idontknow]

Last night and tonight I've been melting Amish Harvest from Nene's. Just love, love, love this one! I buy it in bulk. [smilie=th_idontknow]

Whew! busy week...trying to catch up!

CHC red velvet cake...strong

Kreations by Kathie sandalwood...strong

CYS guava and green fig...really strong

YC sparkling snow...strong

Pure Scents Christmas fig...moderate

Rosa's angel wings...light

Busy Bee wedding cake...strong

Blue Gecko...something latte, can't remember...very strong

dabba, good to see you. love your avatar.

trep, I woke up this am expecting to find a sea of white but there is none! lol glad that you fared well with the storm. hoping to get some things done this morning before anything here hits.

bizzyb's citrus zest and tart cranberries

Slatkin-Winter

CFTKR-Sea Island Grapefruit(lovely)

Haley's-Ice Capades

I am loving Carol's new scents. I've tried 3 so far and they are all winners.

hope everyone has a good day and if you're expecting the Alberta clipper-hope it slides right on by.

Good morning.

I'm melting Christmas Splendor from CCCC this morning.

Even though I really like this scent, I'm tired of holiday scents. So today I am gathering up anything remotely holiday and putting them away. I made it through most of my Christmas scent stash, but not quite, and I don't want to melt them just to get rid of them. I'd rather enjoy them next year.

I think this afternoon I want to smell something clean, crisp, and herbal. A stash re-sorting is on my to-do list.

I hear you Jules.... I just found some wayward holiday scents (darn melts were hiding!).... time to put them away for awhile... especially the "tree" scents.

I am melting Cookies for Santa today from Country Home.... [smilie=th_we0081] .... for me, cookies are good all year long!

Good morning!

I'm melting Carol's Blueberry Torte...a must have for anyone who enjoys blueberry scents. I'm also melting Mandarin Coconut. I'm trying to finish off my Egg Nog candle today.

Guest ilovescentedthings
Good morning!

I'm melting Carol's Blueberry Torte...a must have for anyone who enjoys blueberry scents. I'm also melting Mandarin Coconut. I'm trying to finish off my Egg Nog candle today.

just was curious how many yc candles you go thru in a month? I know you really like them and use them all the time with the tarts from carol's

Brought my new candle from Dream Soy (mountain Lake Scent) to work today. It has been burning on my desk since 7:30 a.m. and I still can't smell it.

I brought the Cinnaman bun yesterday and burned it all day and never smelled it.

They are very pretty but if your looking for a strong candle, this is not the place to get it [smilie=th_we0081]

Good Morning!

It is another cold day here today. I am actually getting used to it.

This morning I am melting 2 sample tarts from SH in Egg Nog and CYS Vanilla Bean Eggnog. I am also burning GC Spiced Eggnog. This is a good candle with a great throw but the wicks are VERY off center. I found this also happened with my strawberry shortcake candle but it still burned to the end.

The "white stuff" is coming down with a vengeance this morning. We got DS squared away yesterday, so he will be ready to start classes on Monday. I am melting Carol's -Thieves. I really like this scent and it's so cleansing and refreshing after the holiday scents. Jules, this may be one you would like. I'm also burning Southern Alchemy candle in Apple Ginger Maple. This smells really good so I'll let you know how it burns and such. Have a good day everyone, I'm in my "bunker" for the duration.

Good Morning!!

Today I am burning one of Carols candles..in Aspen Winter...OMG [smilie=th_Hello_] its amazing!! So good and perfect for this COLD weather and snow we are suppose to get!!

Have a great day and stay warm [smilie=th_we0081]

I've got two terrific scents going today. The first is a Red Velvet Cake candle from Cheryl's Candles. The second scent is a Grandma Cantrell's Corn Puddin' tart from Can-Do.

I got an email from Cheryl's newsletter that she has added more things to her sale. I am seriously considering placing another order. I am really pleased with the Red Velvet Cake and there are some other things I'd like to try.

Good morning meltie friends.

I'm trying Haley's Lemongrass Sage for the first time. I just popped it in the melter.

To all those in the snowy areas, stay warm and safe._sledding__by_endless_void_of_love.gif

[smilie=th_we0081]

Today I'm melting

LOL Bear Claws...this is excellent

CFTKR Pastry Delights

Candle Mia Bella Pumpkin Cheesecake

Have a nice day everyone!

Hi all! Extremely cold day here. We don't generally get negative windchills. It's so cold they cancelled school here, and there's not a cloud in the sky! Melting YC Cinnamon & Sugar and burning Colonial's Apple Orchard and YC's Cinnamon Applesauce. Have a great day!

Melting Pima Cotton from Scentsy in the powder room and Home Sweet Home from Scentsy in the kitchen/living room.

good afternoon, all. the beautiful snow is coming down, starting shortly after 8 this am. I guess I spoke too soon. I love to walk when it is snowing. Everything sounds so peaceful and quiet, and I love that occasional flake that falls on my face. it is not windy so it's just a perfect snowfall to me.(of course I say that selfishly, as I only have to walk and not drive)

everyone's melties sound so good. the themes either seem to be 'winter all the way' or 'give me a break, man!' with the spring/summer scents. lol

changed out the LR melter to haley's Mrs. Claus Cookies, and burning GC sweet cinnabuns.

CFTKR Glacier falls in the BR and grapefruit roll going still in the bath.

Denny, sorry your candles are a bit disappointing. since they are soy, do you think they need to cure a bit?

Good afternoon CF buddies!

I am :lol: at all the snoring DH's here! Mine snores too occasionally! Blech. Yucko to snoring DH's! [smilie=th_Hello_]

Gail, I must be the only one who doesn't care for Sugared Spruce....it smells sour to me...

[smilie=th_we0081] [smilie=th_pardon]

Jules, I am tired of holiday scents too and have stashed mine away til next year....not too many left. Gotta keep the stash up to date ya know!

Kim, good luck to your DS starting college...how exciting!

thsmileysnowing.gif We are finally getting some snow here....we've hardly had any believe it or not. It's been cold enough to ice skate on our rink, but the boys want to go sledding too. It just started snowing, so maybe tomorrow after school they will be able to go.

Here's my recent melts...

YC - Strawberry Buttercream....not very strong, but nice.

Crosscreek - White Cake - always good!

Crosscreek - Celtic Moonspice - always a favorite.

BG - Bonfire - too smokey smelling....not good.

Crosscreek - Iced Lemon Biscotti....yummers!

CHC - Roasted Chestnuts - didn't like it for some reason...think I just wasn't in the mood for it.

Oh yeah, is it just me or is there anyone else here that dislikes the smell of microwave popcorn? Especially the butter flavored ones? I nearly gag when DS#1 pops a bag of it. [smilie=th_u53] This never used to bother me, but lately it smells chemically to me. blech.

tunisian, enjoy the snow! smileysnowangel.gif

Aria~ I hate the scent as well! I love eating the popcorn...but when I come in and the scent is in the house...YUCK.

Tunisian~ You sound just like me with the snow! Anytime it snows...I take the twins for a walk and enjoy the quiet muffled sounds....it's especially great at night.

TIme for a change...

Melting

SH ~ Fried Cinnamon Dumplings.... [smilie=th_we0081]

Stay warm everyone!

Aria, that is the cutest snow angel emoti. I don't mind the popcorn smell, but can't stand the smell of peanut butter.

Kim, Theives scent sounds like just the thing for January.

Sorting through the stash while DH was still home was not my best idea. His eyes bugged out, and sheesh, it was just my main kitchen cabinet stash. It's been there for years, but I guess when I pulled all the melts out to sort scents it suddenly looked like a lot. [smilie=th_we0081] whatev.

Jason, have you got the day off? Enjoy every minute.

I found a bunch of fresh, new scents for January. It's hard to decide what to melt first. I kept coming across forgotten scents and I want to smell them all right now.

W&S - Havana Nights (AWESOME)

CD - Lemon Tart

SSS - Pink Lemonade

Southern Alchemy jar - Agave Lime

YC jar Cranberry Peppermint

finishing off:

YC - Holiday Sage jar (tunneling)

PI - Oatmeal Cookie jar

Good afternoon.

Jules...after the flame gets to a decent height without fear of it burning out, carefully push down some of the softer tunneling wax. This will help big time. The candle will most likely tunnel for the rest of its life, but by doing this you end up not wasting the wax or losing sight of the beautiful flame. Now all of my tunneling Yankees don't tunnel anymore.

I'm melting Carol's Gourmet Biscotti and Breakfast Delights.