The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DebbieT

January's Happy New Scents

Hi everyone! Hope all is well with all my CF buddies this evening.

Skated for a couple of hours this afternoon and I am exhausted! Now we are just relaxing and waiting for DH to come on...

Burning YC Buttercream - yum

denim, have never heard of that one...I've been sticking with my favorite vendors lately and haven't tried many new ones

debra, congrats on the new vehicle! How fun! My vehicle is almost 11 years old and DH's is almost 12....both still run great and our fave part is NO CAR PAYMENTS!!! lol! It would be fun to have a new one though. Enjoy.

tunisians, yes Heart & Home is one terrific scent...this was my last one today, so I need to restock soon!

Have a great evening...2sgn105Night.gif

Good evening.

Earlier I cut a YC Blueberry Scone votive in half to melt it. It stank. I know that this is a great scent but the votive warfed into a clean smelling scent which is ok but not when you're expecting a sweet blueberry scent. I'm not melting Carol's Anisette Cake...much much much better. I'm still working on my YC Winterland jar. I love this candle...it's sooooo pretty!

Finally I found decent bergamot scent (which is a rarity nowdays) from Essential Pleasures. Bergamot tarragon, to be precise. It's a tart. Masculine, a bit perfumy strong scent. In 15 minutes it was already crawling to the second floor. Love it. Good night, sniffers [smilie=th_e16]

Just put on Blue Gecko spiced pumpkin brulee...it's to die for! :)

Overnight it was haley's country bumpkin and Aromasoy melon fig medley...both strong! :shock:

Starting our much warmer morning (yeah--29 above compared to the 10 below we had yesterday) with Yankee Cranberry Chutney. Love this scent.

LLVV--sorry about your Blueberry Scone experience. I have always thought that scent had a sourish Blueberry note to it but I like that so it is OK. For a great sweet blueberry scent I would recommend HL Blueberry Patch.

Have a great day, all.

56600.gif Good Morning...back to school Monday for the kiddos...and I get some calm and quiet...hehe.

We have light snow right now and we'll get about an inch today. I tell ya the boys really enjoyed being outdoors all weekend...sledding and ice skating. I did too; ice skating outdoors is so much fun. We had a couple of nice sunny days and it was just perfect.

Starting out the day with SSS Grannys Lemon Noel....just put it on, so nothing to report yet.

trep, :shock: on the warmer weather! I love Cranberry Chutney too.

fibernut, good to see you.....I enjoy scents with bergamot too....it's lemony to my nose.

Well, peeps, I've got to go wake the boys and get them ready for school....later taters!

I'm with you, Aria. Off you go, kiddos. I've got errands to run today and they go much quicker solo.

trep, It's around 29 here too, but we're not handling it quite so gracefully. You'd think the sky was falling.

just a couple of candles going this morning. No melts today, I think.

Candles for Kids - Blackberry Burst

Target special - Sugared Lime

Southern Alchemy - Agave Lime

denny, I've never heard of that vendor. let us know the outcome.

congrats on the new vehicle! I too have not had a car payment in years and hubby gave me his car when he got a new vehicle a couple of years ago. I don't mind those hand-me-downs at all. :shock:

bizzyb's caramel corn and something this morning.

have a good day, all

Aria, thanks, I drink earl grey only because of the bergamot scent in it :shock:.

My kids don't bug me either right now.

And my goodness, was I asleep yesterday? It was bergamot spruce, not tarragon scent. Now I'm gonna clean my warmer and throw some yuzu to try. Don't hold my breath though, cold throw is weak.

Did anyone try yuzu before? Is it supposed to be

on the weak side? I was jus a bit adventurous, you know...

:)

Good morning!

I'm still melting Carol's scrumptious but sadly discontinued Anisette Cake. I love love love this scent. When I heard she was discontinuing it I bought a ton of bags. I'm also burning YC's Winterland and trying to stay away from YC's website.

Good morning wax buddies!

I'm melting Haley's White Cake.birthday_cake_by_dawninja.gif.I love this melt, but it's making me hungry and I'm on Weight Watchers

:shock:

It sounds like outdoor snow activities were lots of fun over the weekend.

For those with younger ones, I'm sure they and y'all were glad they returned to school today. My DS made it fine to his first day of class today. The van he drives took a crap yesterday so his Dad had to take him to school. It's fixed now, and we are looking for something more economical and easier for him to drive. This afternoon I am burning SSS-Cinn. and sugar candle. Everyone have a good afternoon

fibernut: I love scents with bergamot in them too..

Hi there everyone!

We are having some light snowfall here in Michgan today so i'm burning a Slatkin candle in Winter and melting CFTKR Fresh Outdoors

:shock:

What scent goes with meatloaf?

I'll wait until after dinner and melt something sweet for dessert. :?

Eau Du Catsup. Sorry I couldn't help myself. [smilie=th_aa17]

What scent goes with meatloaf?

I'll wait until after dinner and melt something sweet for dessert. :P

Eau Du Catsup. Sorry I couldn't help myself. :?

Good one Barbita! [smilie=th_aa17] I think there's a scent called tomato leaf....? Ok - I made pierogies w/onions & butter. What goes w/that? :? Other than an odor eliminator... :lol:

Melting S&S Eggnog Ice Cream. Yummy!

Just now getting a chance to melt. I was at jury duty all morning. My Monday improved considerably when I came home and found a box from Bella's in the mailbox! I just started melting one of her new scents, Candied Nuts. Cold sniff is fabulous!