The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

October's Fragrance Festival

Hi everyone.

Melting:

SC - Maple Pumpkin Creme

Black Raspberry from somewhere

Burning:

YC - Oatmeal Cookie

Pacifica - Mexican Cocoa

SA - Pumpkin Crunch

DC - votive

Busy day today. I think that this is the first time I managed to get on the board.

As for melting, I melted -

CFTKR - Old Colonial Hearth and All Hallow's Eve. I plan on starting up Caramel Apple Cashew.

Today I burned -

YC's Autumn Fruit, Shortbread Cookie, and Blueberry. I plan on lighting up Autumn Fruit again tonight and maybe Spiced Pumpkin.

I used to live a bicycle ride away from Hershey. My daughter worked there in the summer, and my niece and her husband both work for Hershey. I will be taking out of state relatives there on Tuesday and down to Lancaster county.

Lana,

Are you going to Lancaster for sightseeing?

Tonight's melts are:

CFTKR - Exotic Amazon Teakwood

Country Home - Crazy Candy Corn

Still burning a variety of candles.

Lana,

Are you going to Lancaster for sightseeing?

Yes, taking cousins that are going to be up from Georgia. They want to go to Chocolate World first in Hershey and then I will take them down to Lancaster. Not sure what they will want to see. I am not fond of most of the touristy places. I know the back roads well enough, I may just take them on a back road tour. I worked for a well known corporation years ago, and Lancaster county was my territory, so I know it pretty well. I guess at least, we should go to Intercourse. *LOL*

I am also thinking of Lititz. You can stop at Wilbur's Chocolate and Sturgis pretzels there.

Again, if you are driving around on the back roads you can hit farm stands, and if you are at the right place, may run into an Amish woman who sells quilts from their farm. You used to be able to. Who knows, maybe not anymore.

Good Evening all!

Trying to get caught up with everyone's melting today - and Dabba - I still get sidetracked watching your punkins dance!

Tonight's melt is Dark's Debauchery.

Maggie, your Hitchcock avatar is GREAT!

Thanks Jules! I love his stuff...Just watched Vertigo last weekend. The kids got me two of his collections last Christmas. I'll be watching a lot of his movies this month. [smilie=The_Hi]

Sitting with a cup of Peppermint Tea and melting CYS Candy Corn Cream Cake this evening...sweet and yummy! [smilie=th_offtobed]

Christine Dimmick - Autumn in Vermont

ladylcl3 - that's a new one for me. What did U think of it?

Sweet,

I found this candle at Home Goods for $4.99. I did a search on Christine

Dimmick and came up with this website:

http://www.californiacovedesigns.com/Christine

DimmickFragranceMemories.html

The description for this scent is:

'Inspired by afternoon walks in the Fall...This fragrance captures

the look and feel of Autumn. It contains the scent of a burning fireplace

combined with pumpkin, a touch of apple and the damp notes of colorful

leaves on the ground'.

We think it smells like burning leaves...can't detect any pumpkin or apple

but the scent is fairly strong. I have it burning with YC Autumn Leaves.

Tonight it's Honey Gingerbread from Can-Do....also Baked Bread from Missy!! Both are fabulous!! Have a good night!!

Good Morning! Still painting today and hope to finish up and get the house back to normal. I've been neglecting cleaning while we've been painting this week and the ENTIRE house is a wreck! rolleyes010.gif

Mornin' friends. It's only 8:30 here but I'm ready to hit the sack. [smilie=th_offtobed] I've been up since 3AM and have been doing lots of house plant care, rearranging my living room accessories, and odds and ends around the house. I couldn't sleep because I'm so excited about two little storage chests I got at Home Goods yesterday. I'm going to stash my stash in them, similar to what Aria does. (Thanks for the inspiration, Aria! [smilie=The_Hi])

Gail

Gail,Smiley-wavingbothhands.gif you are very welcome...I know you are going to love those little chests! I love Home Goods. You never know what you can find there. Hope you were able to get a nap in!

mamalana, enjoy your trip...it sounds like fun. My MIL has an Amish quilt in various shades of blue and it is the nicest quilt I have ever seen. Just beautiful!

Barbara and sharonana, you guys are finding some adorable smileys! Wicked cute!!!hearts.gif

This morning I am burning Slatkin Ginger Vanilla. I hope BBW runs another sale on their candles. I would love to get a 3 wick in the Winter scent. Love it. Both Carol and Crosscreek carry a scent called Aspen Winter which is an exact dupe...always a staple around here in the winter. It smells like a crisp, snowy winter evening with a nice crackling fire. Love the warm, woodsy, cedar note...really nice! Also love the Slatkin Evergreen for the same reason...has a nice warm woodsy scent without being overpowering.

Ut-oh! I think I just talked myself into two new candles!! thyesssmileyf.gif

Hope everyone has a great day! Happy Melting! 0000aaaplle.gif

Hello,

More SC Maple Pumpkin Creme this morning. Not the same melt from last night, though. I put on a fresh chunk.

I don't know what else to burn/melt yet. Something baked.

good morning, all. Aria, I had wondered what Winter smelled like. thanks for the info. I have an Aspen Winter from Carol that I have not melted yet; glad to know it is an exact dupe.

melting CD warm gingerbread applesauce in the LR and HFO Sea Island Cotton in the BR

as always, love reading what everyone is melting.

Hey to everyone!

Mama, We go to Hershey at least twice a year, we last went in July. I love the place! Maybe our next trip we'll take a little extra time and go to LOL. When are you actually going?

I almost forgot what I melted last night, it was YC Lakeside Birch. I thought I was gonna hate it, but I kinda liked it!

Hey to everyone!

Mama, We go to Hershey at least twice a year, we last went in July. I love the place! Maybe our next trip we'll take a little extra time and go to LOL. When are you actually going?

Sillysmom,

My plans just changed again this morning! The cousins aren't coming up from Georgia, so I have no need to go to Hershey or Lancaster. Going to spend the extra day in Huntingdon county, which is where I do my genealogical research. Then we will head to Scranton, and on up to the Catskills. Have you ever gone to Sleepy Hollow for their Halloween celebration? There is also something called BLAZE in that area which is supposed to have 4000 carved pumpkins!

Good morning everyone. I am feeling much perkier and energetic today after a good night's sleep. [smilie=th_blij31-1]

Wow Lana, 4000 carved pumpkins?! How fun!

Gail,Smiley-wavingbothhands.gif you are very welcome...I know you are going to love those little chests! I love Home Goods. You never know what you can find there. Hope you were able to get a nap in!

This morning I am burning Slatkin Ginger Vanilla. I hope BBW runs another sale on their candles. I would love to get a 3 wick in the Winter scent. Love it. Both Carol and Crosscreek carry a scent called Aspen Winter which is an exact dupe...always a staple around here in the winter. It smells like a crisp, snowy winter evening with a nice crackling fire. Love the warm, woodsy, cedar note...really nice! Also love the Slatkin Evergreen for the same reason...has a nice warm woodsy scent without being overpowering.

Aria, I am in love with my little treasure chests! [smilie=th_sHellobar] They are sooo pretty!! Wood with leather straps and the cutest clasp, curved top like a treasure chest, really adorable. Even DH commented on how much he likes them and he NEVER does that! They're both in my entryway, the smaller one on a entry table filled with tarts and the larger one on the floor under the table. It's packed tight with my stash. They really dress things up!

Home Goods is the BEST! I think it was Berrie who first mentioned Home Goods here. [smilie=thank_you] I had never heard of them before. Since we don't have Hobby Lobby here in CA [smilie=damn] I am sooo happy to have found Home Goods. Awesome stuff at really nice prices! [smilie=th_yahoo]

Aria, your descriptions of Slatkin's Winter and Evergreen make me want to BUY! They sound yummo.

Okay, to the subject at hand... I'm melting Vanilla Silk from LOL. It's very pretty, a straight up vanilla I think, nice throw. Not overly strong, but quite lovely.

Gail

Lana: It sounds like you are having a fantastic time and i think it would be so awesome to go to Sleepy Hollow. My DS is pondering a road trip to Scranton to take a tour of the set where they tape "The Office". Have a wonderful trip-did you bring your doggie friend with you?

This rainy, gloomy afternoon(again) i am melting an old favorite of mine-CHC-Cedar and Saffron. I hope everyone is having a good afternoon.