The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

October's Fragrance Festival

I hope everyone has a fun, safe trick-or-treat day. It's not raining, but I think the kids will have on their long johns this evening. ;) I am burning BB-Bayleaf and Pepper, EE-Crystal Lake and melting EE-Death. Have a great day, everyone.

Melting YC Boo!....much stronger than the jar I have in the same scent.

tunisian, that hardly seems fair that you have to work an extra hour!

We should have decent weather for trick or treating tonight....on the cool side, but at least it will be dry.

Gail, earlier I mixed up CD with Can-Do. Nevertheless I did check a list when I saw your Harvest Spice post. Great minds think alike! [smilie=th_smiley-crying]

This morning I'm melting BG's - Vanilla Berry Cream Puffs. It is a wonderful berry and vanilla blend. Good throw! A definite reorder.

;)

edited for errors in grammar - I need some strong tea this morning!

Good Morning Everyone!

Happy Halloween!

Not melting anything because I am heading out for the day. Hopefully I will be able to melt later.

It looks like the sun is trying to come out here. This is great for all the trick or treaters! I remember when my kids were younger and there would be bags of candy dumped on the FR floor to be sorted out. At least I won't be tempted by all the candy in the house.

Hope everyone has a very Happy and Safe Halloween!

;)

Happy Halloween...warm and sunny here...shoud be a great night for the trick or treaters....

Just Tarts fruit salad...(weak even when I doubled them up)

Can-Do apple mango tango (strong, but didn't last long)

CYS gypsy nights (moderate)

CYS alabaster (moderate)

Melissa's specialty coconut lime (strong)

BOO!! Happy Halloween! [smilie=th_thConfus_55] ;) [smilie=th_5337c1ad] I love reading this thread. You guys are melting/burning some spirited scents and there are such cute holiday smilies here!

Tunisian, that's a bummer about having to work an extra hour. I'll be working this evening too, although less hours than you.

Denny, I wish I were melting BG's Vanilla Berry Cream Puffs. I so agree with you on that one. [smilie=th_slider_flirt] Unfortunately, I've started with BG's Raspberry Marmalade Cookie. It was terrific at first - authentic, fresh raspberry with a hint of marmalade. Then the cookie started coming on and before long the raspberry/marmalade disappeared and the cookie got a chemical undertone. Now there's nothing at all and it's only been 2+ hours. [smilie=th_smiley-crying]

I think I may go with good ol' reliable Mac Apple from Carol. It never fails to happily lift me up. [smilie=th_snoopy]

Have a terrific, spooky but not-too-scary day and evening, everyone!

Gail

Happy Halloween! ;)

It's such a beautiful day here. Sunny, no wind and it's supposed to get up to 72. Perfect weather for trick-or-treaters. I'll be making a huge crock of chili for dinner before heading out for the evening.

I'm melting Pumpkin Almond Strudel from Bella's. This was a large melt in the shape of a jack-o-lantern so I cut it in half and put it in two melters downstairs. It's filling the entire house! What a fabulous, non-spicy pumpkin scent.

Happy Halloween, everyone! It is a beautiful day here, like it was tailor-made for trick-or-treating! Sunny, not too cool, but crisp. Makes me wish I were a kid again so I could go out and trick-or-treat! So far I have on YC Spiced Pumpkin from last night. I was also burning a candle from Hobby Lobby that I love called Hemingway. It's such a unique scent with a really good throw, and I got it on sale for 6 bucks. For a 23oz. candle, that's a steal. Everyone have a safe day and evening!

Happy Halloweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!

In honor of the day, I have put on one of my new scents from LOL - Scarecrow Cupcake. It hasn't been on long enough to give a good review. If anyone is interested, I just posted my haul from LOL on the Orders received thread.

I need to go buy my candy for tonight. Being away for two weeks put me behind.

Have a great time with Trick or Treat tonight!

Happy Halloween, everyone! It is a beautiful day here, like it was tailor-made for trick-or-treating! Sunny, not too cool, but crisp. Makes me wish I were a kid again so I could go out and trick-or-treat! So far I have on YC Spiced Pumpkin from last night. I was also burning a candle from Hobby Lobby that I love called Hemingway. It's such a unique scent with a really good throw, and I got it on sale for 6 bucks. For a 23oz. candle, that's a steal. Everyone have a safe day and evening!

Jason - Your post reminded me of when I was little and my mom and a neighbor decided they were too old to go around for candy, but not for 'treats.' They each took a martini glass and went around the neighborhood with their own brand of 'trick or treat' - They ended up quite happy by the end of a couple of hours of neighbors filling up their glasses! ;) Don't know that you could get away with it (and this was a long time ago, small midwest town where everyone knew everyone).....But, it's a thought!

Anyway, as for wax - Burned Cheryl's Vanilla Pumpkin this morning, currently melting YC's Lakeside Birch and Tuscadero's Pumpkin Patchouli.

Jason - Your post reminded me of when I was little and my mom and a neighbor decided they were too old to go around for candy, but not for 'treats.' They each took a martini glass and went around the neighborhood with their own brand of 'trick or treat' - They ended up quite happy by the end of a couple of hours of neighbors filling up their glasses! ;) Don't know that you could get away with it (and this was a long time ago, small midwest town where everyone knew everyone).....But, it's a thought!

Ohmigawd, momuvtwo, I LOVE it!!!!!

Happy Halloween everyone!

I am melting today Can Do's Haunted House! So perfect!

It is drizzly and chillly here today.....my trick or treaters are gonna have to bundle up!

MOM: What a great idea for us big "kids''. I am adding EE-Poltergeist votive to my festive mix. I also am melting a jar candle from a n Etsy Vendor (Sugar Creek Hollow) called Witching Hour. This is a wonderful smelling candle and filling my living room very nicely. This lovely lady ( Kim) lost her husband to cancer and complications this week and she still managed to get my order out. I have 4 more fall scents to try :Pumpkin Apple Butter, Country Bumpkin, Autumn Lodge and Autumn Pear. They all smell delicious from a cold sniff standpoint, so I'll report as I burn them.

Upstairs I've got Dark Candles Bonfire melting....gonna go up in a bit and see if I can smell it.

Down here I've still got my YC Boo! jar going and I put Carol's Apple Cinnamon in one of my melters...these two scents smell awesome together!

momuvtwo, um, yeah, you could totally get away with that in our neighborhood....many people sit outside handing out treats with many houses having bonfires in their front yards....adult beverages help keep ya warm!!!!!!

Have a great Halloween everyone!

Hi Everyone and Happy Halloween!

today I'm melting

CFTKR Holiday Pumpkin Torte

CFTKR Frosted Pumpkin

Slatkin candle in Pumpkin Patch

Mia Bella candle in Pumpkin Cheescake

Enjoy the evening and stay safe!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN ALL!!!smiley-evilgrin0015.gif

Sharonana~ Love your little emoticons!!!

Momuvtow~ HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! :)

Ana~ I've got the DVR recording all the Ghost Hunters episodes for tonight! Love it!

My Halloween party went well last night. I melted one Lessie's Haunted House just to get the mood going, but didn't want to overwhelm anyone with my "smells".

Today I've got CYS Autumn's Glow Cake going and I just LOVE it but wish it were more potent! Have a great day!

Lana - my sister melted LOL's Scarecrow Cupcake this morning and said it was deeelish. Even her dh gave it good comments.....he thought she was baking. :)

Earlier I changed the melter to YC's Boo!