The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

August's Molten Melts

Haven't been melting very much the last couple of days. I just started a new job on Monday, so I am trying to find time to still enjoy my smellies.

Tonight I am melting Cookie Jar from Kreations by Kathie. This one is pretty good but doesn't seem like it will last very long.

Those new Yankee scents sound like a couple of the Illuminations old scents. I wonder if they were best sellers in that other line so they decided to carry the scents under the main Yankee candle name. I don't know at all. This is just speculation. Good stuff, though. The more, the better.

Tonight I put on CD -Coffeehouse.

That Christmas Cupcake sounds a lot like Christmas Wish except instead of cupcake Christmas Wish has cookie in it.

Those new Yankee scents sound like a couple of the Illuminations old scents. I wonder if they were best sellers in that other line so they decided to carry the scents under the main Yankee candle name. I don't know at all. This is just speculation. Good stuff, though. The more, the better.

Tonight I put on CD -Coffeehouse.

Oh, good point! I was thinking about the Illumination's Napa Valley when I read that!

Tonight is Buckeye's Lavendar so far.

Jules: I was thinking the same thing. I have an Illuminations Pineapple Cilantro in my stash and just tonight I purchased Illuminations Applewood from Home Goods.

Tonight I am melting LOL Tropical Fruit Loops.

BTW, My Home Goods has two of the new YC Halloween scents - Pumpkin Patch and Trick or Treat for $7.99.

I also have an Illuminations Applewood jar and Napa Valley too. I like the Napa Valley scent, but the Applewood is just sort of "meh" to me.

Tonight I am melting Rose water Violet splash from Blue Gecko. This was a freebie in my last order. I won't be ordering it, I am not a friend of laundry scents, I was hoping that the laundy undertone will be way less detectable.

That Christmas Cupcake sounds a lot like Christmas Wish except instead of cupcake Christmas Wish has cookie in it.

That was my thought, exactly and after burning the votive of C Cupcake all evening I must say it won't be one I get any more of. It was fairly light but strong enough I wouldn't want any more of it in the house. My DH couldn't smell any pine but I sure could and I didn't care for it. Others, of course, might love it but it is not for me.

:) Good morning!

I'm heading out to commune with Mother Nature and my doggy [smilie=th_yourock] so I'm not melting anything. It'll be AMS Energy Spa when we get back. He's getting a bath and I'll need something to chase away "eau de wet dogue."

Gail

Good Morning!!!

Well, the water will be turned off here from 9:00 a.m. til 1:30 p.m. for well maintenance, etc. so had to get everything done before then. Fill up containers, the tub and get those anti-bacterial wipes out for cleaning my hands. What fun!!!

Morning melts:

Front: CFTKR ~ Fresh Squeezed Pineapple ~ yummy

Back: Nene's ~ Caramel Cinnamon Macchiato ~ still melting it in the morning

Cisley

Good morning everyone!

Glad to hear Big Red is on his way back to us!

LLVV, have fun cleaning, when are ya leavin? Hows the girlie doin, ready for school? Is it still Preschool or is she starting Kindergarten? I'll email ya and we'll chat.

Last nights melt was from Carol, and it has "Crunch" in the name, its all I can remember. It was vanilla, and I think caramel, and it was on the sweet side. I liked it more than I usually like bakery, DD liked it, but DH, said it smelled gross. I don't think it will be a reorder, but I'm kinda glad, I'm give bakery a shot here and there. I bought a few bakery scents from BG this morning, HOLY CR*P, what a sale!!!!

sillysmom:

Baked Vanilla Crunch??? That's the name and we were melting it last night in the back and my husband REALLY liked it. Is't that a hoot. I liked it too although a tad on the light side for me but I would probably re-order. I want to try her Southern Style Vanilla or whatever the name is again in a bag (I got a sample last time).

Anyway, if you have any left, I'll take it ~ ha!!!

Cisley

Aria, what didn't you like about the Applewood?

To my nose, it has more of a cherry scent. It was just okay...hence the "meh". I was expected something different, I guess. I still have it...I believe packed away with my Fall candles. I will burn it and finish it up. It wasn't a horrible scent, just not what I expected. Does that make any sense?

Gotta make a trip to the PO. Think I'll melt EW Autumn Leaves when I get back....it's a cool, cloudy day here and it is feeling fall like!

sillysmom:

Baked Vanilla Crunch??? That's the name and we were melting it last night in the back and my husband REALLY liked it. Is't that a hoot. I liked it too although a tad on the light side for me but I would probably re-order. I want to try her Southern Style Vanilla or whatever the name is again in a bag (I got a sample last time).

Anyway, if you have any left, I'll take it ~ ha!!!

Cisley

Cisley, if I had more, I'd send it to ya. I seldom buy multiples of anything, I like too many different scents. However, Carols Pink Sugared Violets, and EW Coffee with Santa are the exceptions, I buy those in larger quantities. It wasn't bad at all really. As long as it has Vanilla, I'll probably like it at least a little. If I have to have one reason I wouldn't reorder it, it would be that it was a little too sweet for me. But like I said, it wasn't bad at all. I'm glad your hubby liked it!