The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

August's Molten Melts

Melting YC Autumn Pumpkin. In this weather I don't even need a melter. It's supposed to reach 106 degrees today [smilie=th_sign0162]

Barbara [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Thanks for the info, Aria. I was going to return it but I'll keep it and give it a try. Actually, I just started burning it so we'll see!

Hi! we have had a couple different melts at school today. We tried Cherry Chip Cake from Can-Do- not impressed. Some kids said it smelled like sweet popcorn, I just though it smelled fake. Now we have on LOL's Buttercream Apple Crunch... and I love it!

We have also been sniffing my new candles from World Market, a pillar and tealights in Mexican Pumpkin. [smilie=th_FULL_O17] Very nizzze. I had a friend go to Billings yesterday, so she picked these and two bags of unscented tealights up for me.

Okay, after letting the Autumn Leaves from EW melt for awhile, I came back in the house and the smell was horrible! I don't know if it was because this tart was left over from last year, but it was horribly perfumey....blech!

Now I have aired out the house and started YC Be Thankful....cold smell is so good....I'm sure this one is gonna be a winner!

ladylcl, anxious to hear what you think of that scent too!

darling, love, love, love the tealights from World Market!!!! They have the perfect flame...not too high or too low. Mexican Pumpkin sure sounds interesting!

Wow, it's hot here ~ around 80 degrees ~ not sure if I want to go down to the water today and see the big wooden ships since Cedar Cove Days is in full swing. We saw the ships come in last night on our way home and wow, they are beautiful.

sillysmom: You know I was just kidding. Just melt it when your husband isn't around.

olive: Have you tried Blueberry Cheesecake from CFTKR? It's good and it lasts. Just bought another 2 bags with the last order.

barbita: It's that hot and you are melting a fall fragrance ~ you are cracking me up. Did you run out of your summer stash?

cookielady: Does Betty Crocker make melts? I thought you were baking when I read that. How are they?

katz: How are the balls doing? Big HA

Ok, afternoon melts:

Front: Crosscreek ~ Pink Sugar ~

Back: Crosscreek ~ Pink Sugar Cake ~

What can I say, I felt like Pink Sugahhhhhh

Cisley

Cisley... Thought you said you were Pink Sugared out!! Shoulda got yourself some Forever Alice...that is what I ordered the most of from BG! I can't wait for it to get here.

It got really hot here in my classroom all of a sudden... it's ICKY! Can't wait till I can go home and sit in front of the air conditioner!

I'm not loving AMS's Energy Spa. It's a nice fragrance but very light. Then again, it did help with the wet dog smell this morning...

I must be in a microclimate. Vegas is 108, Barbara's area is 106. Cisley way up north is hot at 80, but here in the desert our 95 degrees is a coolish summer day!

Hmm, Mexican Pumpkin = ???? Jalapeno Jack-o-lantern?

Gail, crackin' herself up [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Tonight's melt is YC Farmers Market.This is a perfect fit for the chilly evening we are having.Enjoy your night everyone!

Hello! DH worked 1/2 day today. This afternoon we spent the afternoon out doing fun family stuff. I just started melting CFTKR's Caramel Latte...yummy! I'm burning YC's Hazelnut Coffee and Pumpkin Pie. The Pumpkin Pie wick is doing better tonight.

Oooh...I love Carol's Baked Vanilla Crunch.

Yep, last time I checked 80 degrees is hot here! But the funny thing is, I asked my husband what he wanted to melt when he came home and he decided on ~

Front: Crosscreek ~ Spiced Cranberry ~ kind of fall to me with 80 degrees and all

Back: Nene's ~ Pumpkin Spice Latte ~ my last 2 tarts ~ need to refresh my mind before ordering...

darlingj: I got some of that Mexican Pumpkin too. I think tealights only because it smelled really good. Haven't used them yet. I did think I was pink sugared out but something came over me. Tomorrow it's coming over me again ~ ha.

Hey, Jason, I lived in Oklahoma for 3 years when my Dad was in the Air Force. Midwest City and Del City.

Cisley

Well It's 6:30 PM and it has cooled down to a whopping 100 degrees, :lol:

I'm now melting C.F.T.K.R., Tuscan Herb. This has been a great scent for me. I will be ordering it again.

Cisley, you asked me if I ran out of summer scents. No, I was just inpatient for Fall. I cranked up the air conditioning, closed the blinds, put on an Autumn Pumpkin melt and pretended that it was Fall. :lol:.

Barbara :lol:

A warm one today but rain tomorrow - naturally - the annual Air Show starts and it is a big one. My windows have been rattling all evening as the bombers, biplanes and the Thunderbirds arrived. Love it!

Makin Perfect Sense / Sugar Cookie

Bad Kitti - Egyptian Sheets votive

I let my DD & her bestie pick out my melts tonight. They went for the Busy Bee Mammy shaped melts, I am sure because they are so cute! :lol: In the living room we have Nana's Strawberry Jam which is definetely now in my top 5 scents, it is so wonderful & strong and seems to spread all over the house. In the bedroom I put on Pumpkins & Pralines, and I wasn't as impressed. It didn't seem very pumpkin-y... a little bit of spice and a wierd other smell. Won't go back for more of that. We are exhausted though, so off to bed we go. :lol:

darlingj1: We really like the pumpkins and pralines. In fact I just ordered 2 bags in my last order and I can see you scrunch your nose and go "ew" ~ ha.

Barbara: That was too funny but you have to do what you have to do. If you need Fall scents then bring on the air conditioning.

Late night melts:

Front: CFTKR ~ Sweet Confections ~ recommended by forum members ~ undecided

Back: CFTKR ~ Bonnie Blue Cookies ~ sample ~ nice and sweet ~ undecided

Cisley

:lol: Everyone--boy these weeks sure do fly by quickly. I was at Yankee yesterday when they were unpacking the Pineapple Cilantro and Napa Valley Harvest--both smelled great and the jars are very pretty. Of course I got a large jar in each. Can't wait to try them but am finishing up a couple at the moment--Honeydew Melon and Kiwi Berries. Hope you all have a wonderful day and a great weekend.