The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

August's Molten Melts

Hey, Big Red!!! Glad you are back and you were missed. It just wasn't the same without your wit and daily reports!!! [smilie=th_bb24] [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

on your new computer.

I was so excited to see Big Red, I forgot to post . I am melting Ten Digits-Bergamot and Spice.

Yay my first official scent post!!!!

I'm currently melting:

K - Guava - Rosa's - A very nice moderately strong scent

LR - Spiced Cranberry - Gramma Fran's - This is a birthday tart (thanks) and it's really nice

BR - Fresh Fruit - Busy Bee's - Awesome strong scent and a new favorite!

Bathroom - Babies Breath - Mookie Doodle - A very nice scent but could be stronger

Also burning my YC Sand Castles jar in the bath.

I've already placed orders with Grumpy Girl & Blue Gecko (took advantage of sales) and I was able to place an order with Evening Eclipse from the Nintendo Wii for that awesome sale. I need to get some more wax stat! I was never close to running out of tarts but I am out of a lot of favorites so I need to stock up again. After using the Wii to browse the internet and check email it feels kind of weird to be typing on a real keyboard again! This computer is so fast and Windows Vista looks really cool actually and has some new features that XP doesn't.

BIGRED:

You are back!!!! FINALLY. Wow, we have sure missed you around here.

Oh, yeah:

Afternoon melts:

Front: Crosscreek ~ Pink Sugared Cherries ~ smells great

Back: CFTKR ~ Cookie Jar Cookie ~ undecided. When I finish all the samples I will finally be able to decide...

Cisley

Welcome Back BigRed!! Internet Wii is limiting, I am sorry that is all you had to work with for so long.

I have been on a mini-spree myself! Thought seriously about Nene's, then decided to use my LOL winnings instead, which I couldn't use during their last sale. I also did damage at Blue Gecko, I am sure she is SWAMPED!

Today we melted Nene's Cherry Chip Cake- pretty good but not super strong,

and LOL's Shamrock and Roll Cake- I am not quite sure about this one. I smell a bit of coconut, and maybe some lime?? Not bad, but I wouldn't order it again/

For this evening it is Yankee Autumn Wreath, Macintosh, Berry Crumble and Vanilla Caramel and HL Fresh Apple. Trying to decide if I want to break out the fall decorations in force or wait a week or two. DH is out of town so it would be a good time for it but we'll see. Have a nice evening everyone and a great weekend.

I decided to go ahead and get the fall things out. It looks good so I am glad I got it done.

[smilie=th_f5a39fcb] Really missed you around here bigred!

Today's melts are Angie's vanilla sandalwood and Can=Do crumb cake! i'm also burning a GC candle in pina colada....awesome!

ladylcl, anxious to hear what you think of that scent too!

darling, love, love, love the tealights from World Market!!!! They have the perfect flame...not too high or too low. Mexican Pumpkin sure sounds interesting!

Aria--how would you say the World Market tealights compare to Yankee tealights? Thanks Nancy

Nancy, I've never tried Yankee's tealights, but the World Market tealights work very, very well for me. They are quality tealights, IMO. They are poured wax rather than the molded type of wax. You can't remove the wick like on some other tealights. I think they are a good value too....$6.99 for a package of 50.

Home now and getting ready to party down with the ladies!! [smilie=th_cuddle-1] I am so excited! I put on LOL Purple Jelly Beans, and this is one of the most authentic scents I have ever smelled! Smells like you are chomping on a mouthfull of them! My kids like it, I am curious to see what DH has to say when he gets home.

Gawd, what a bunch of fall lovers. UGH. I don't want fall. I want to keep summer here as long as I can.

Aria: Have you tried B&BW tealights? I have some World Market and although they are good, many have uncentered wicks and the tins are odd shaped because they are thrown in the bag. The B&BW tealights are nicely stacked with centered wicks and very good.

IF, however, you decide to get World Market sign up for their e-mails and you get 10% off your fist purchase plus you are on the mailing list and will at times get a 20% off coupon and once a year a 40% off coupon.

Oh, evening melts:

Front: CBV ~ Amaretto ~ for my husband...

Back: CBV ~ Coffee ~ for me

Cisley

Yum! I'm melting Marie's Pink Cookies, from SSS.

I also placed an order from Blue Gecko, my first. Can't wait [smilie=th_cuddle-1] Barbara

Hi All!

I got my box from Carol. I immediately got Autumn Wreath melting and let me say....drum roll please...it's an exact dupe of YC's. I'm not sure if it's as strong as Yankees as I'd say that Carol's is moderate in strength but the scent is exactly the same!

See you all in a week! Enjoy your scents...sniff sniff...I'll be scentless for a week. Bye until September!

ladylcl, anxious to hear what you think of that scent too!

darling, love, love, love the tealights from World Market!!!! They have the perfect flame...not too high or too low. Mexican Pumpkin sure sounds interesting!

Aria--how would you say the World Market tealights compare to Yankee tealights? Thanks Nancy

Nancy, I've never tried Yankee's tealights, but the World Market tealights work very, very well for me. They are quality tealights, IMO. They are poured wax rather than the molded type of wax. You can't remove the wick like on some other tealights. I think they are a good value too....$6.99 for a package of 50.

Thanks Aria.