The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

June's Joyful Jewels of Scent

Good Sunday Morning! I have a hard time remembering what day it is when I'm not singing about the days of the week with the kids...lol.

Amy Jo....yes, the wreaths are very relaxing to make as long as I'm not trying to make a custom one in a certain amount of time. I've realized that customizing is not for me....I worry so much about the person liking it. I'd much rather create and put it out there. I just wish I had a lighter and brighter place to make them. I've moved my craft room downstairs and it's not as bright as upstairs. [smilie=th_WE1summer013] You're funny with all the enabling....I just found some Southbound clammies that I ordered in April and already forgot about them. I had an ordering frenzy and it was crazy. [smilie=th_sign0162]

Finally changed the warmers ( the L3 was going forever)

Jack the Clipper by SGA

Have a good one. :)

AmyJo, I hope you were able to find a display case. I think Michael's would be a great place to look! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

I guess I'm used to the heat here, even though when I open the door it feels like I've opened the oven door. Maybe because it's a dry heat? When we lived in Guam I'd start dripping with sweat the second I'd step outside. The temps there were often in the 80's, but the humidity was also 80% or higher. :sSc_faint:

Melting Taste The Tropics from ScentSationals.

Enjoy your day [smilie=snoopy]

AmyJo, I wish we had pictures! I bet the unicorn is fabulous! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Maggie, what are your wreaths made of? Sounds like you are pretty crafty - I mean that in the good way!

Thank you for the kitty wishes - she ate today, played and did great...but then threw up tonight, so, I don't know! <_>

Mpfand, with your 109 degrees, I feel silly complaining about our 90 degrees, but I sure have become a wimp. Too hot for me!

Tonight My DH looked at my new box of wax sitting on the counter and asked "what do you do with all of that?" :unsure: I said I melt it! He then said "but it seems like you have more than you can melt! What do you do with the rest?" Um...

Today I have had SGA - Hello Lover going, all day, in all melters.

Good morning everyone,

Wasn't quite ready for it to be Monday but here we are, and a busy work morning at that. [smilie=th_bounce]

Debra, I'm glad your kitty had a lively day yesterday, although I'm sorry she didn't keep dinner down. These furry loves of ours will worry us to pieces! I hope she is feeling better today.

Mpfand and Debra, yes I did find a lovely box for my CFOW unicorn, who even my DH has a soft spot for. Michael's had quite the assortment of display cases and shadow boxes, but none of them could be easily opened for admiration and sniffing purposes. [smilie=th_giggle] Then I got to thinking, I'm not sure I want sunlight on him all the time anyway, because he might fade. As luck would have it, they had 60% off all of their beautiful decorative boxes with the magnetized front flap for easy opening - so that's what I got. The design is aquatic, with starfish and octopus and such, which I have a lot of in the house. He fits nicely inside and seems very happy. And so I am, too. :flirtysmile4:

Maggie, the wreaths sound beautiful and now that people have seen your work, that may be a dangerous thing - you will have order after order! [smilie=th_insane] It made me happy to see you melting Jack the Clipper, always a good guy to have around.

So last night and today it has been:

VRC Pink Sugar Marshmallow - oh, this was lovely overnight, so sweet and powdery. Long-lasting.

VCS Princess Grace's Juliet Cap, from the Royal Wedding Rose Sampler (pear, apple, peach, berry, melon) - beautiful - I love pear - and it was strong for about two hours and then disappeared completely. [smilie=th_sad-1] The others in that sampler have been long-lasting.

VRC May Loaf, "That Thing You Do" (strawberry cupcakes, blueberry cheesecake, lemon sugar, cotton candy frosting) - one of the most delicious blends I've ever smelled and truly I want to take a bite.

There is a small package up at the PO Box from The Scented Squirrel but it is raining, so I'll wait until afternoon break to ride my bike up.

Have a lovely day all,

AmyJo

Hello All...

Mpfand...oh yes, humidity really makes such a difference! The humidity on the east coast is terrible! I really want to travel west but our vacation time is during the summer and those temps you have scare me! [smilie=th_thConfus_55]

Debra...the wreaths I make are made of deco mesh and ribbons. Then I add different things depending on what the theme is. ;) Right now I'm looking into waterproof products for those who don't have an overhang above their door.

AmyJo...I've got a few orders in sight but they're going to be customized...as of now I've got 10 wreaths hanging all over my walls and no place to sell them. Hopefully, I can get a shop open sometime soon. The only plus is that they're getting "marinated" in lovely waxie scents while they're in my house. LOL [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

It's Southbound Oceanside in all the melters....one little square in each melter is powerful!!

Upstairs it's a giftie of Baja Cactus Blossom by Candy Panda...thanks!

[smilie=th_thumbs20up]

[smilie=th_hello]

Phew! It’s good to know I’m not alone in the forgetfulness department. The other day when DD#1 was here we went to get pizza, but after we ordered they said it was going to be 20 minutes so we decided to go to the grocery store across the street for wine and dessert. As I’m heading home, my daughter asked me, “Mom, where are you going?” The pizza place was three blocks behind us! :sEm_oops2:

When we got home, I told my husband I think I needed to go for an MRI. But after reading all your posts, I don’t feel so bad. [smilie=group_hug]

Mpfand ~ I’m with you. [smilie=th_clap1] I remember growing up in Chicago with 90 degrees and 90% humidity. It feels far worse than 110 in dry heat, for sure! It was also dry heat in New Mexico, but I can surely understand anyone not being able to comprehend 110 if they’ve never experienced dry heat. Not gonna lie, it’s still hot as :sAng_flamingmad: , but you just do things inside with air-conditioning. It’s a trade off between having four months of cold, icy, snowy weather, or four months of heat. Personally, I hate cold and tornados, so we'll see how I fare with my first full summer here. [smilie=th_idontknow]

SGA Lemom Lime Fizzy Pop

SB Strawberry Cookie Milk

ST Fred & George ~ Bubble Gum, Funnel Cake, and Orange Julius ~ this one I actually had to turn off. There’s something in it that smells weird. [smilie=th_gagme]

Mpfand - I also had one I had to turn off the other day, it smelled like spoiled wax to me. I wonder if it smelled like that to everyone or if it is just my nose. [smilie=th_scratch]

Maggie, I had to Google the deco mesh - I saw some really cute wreaths! I can see how it would be fun to decorate those. [smilie=th_23_32_7]

Honeybear - brain short circuits here too. I was introducing a new staff member and forgot the name of one of our long time employees! The harder I tried, the worse it got. He called me out on it, and is still telling me his name when he comes into my office! [smilie=th_pardon]

Tonight it is Peach Bergamot from Cheryl's.

Good Morning!

You ladies aren’t alone in the forgetfulness department. It happens to me all the time.

I have never experienced dry heat. I am sure it is extremely hot but without the humidity.

I am finally trying a bubblegum scent. Melting CFOW Patrick. It just is warming up but it smelled really good on cold sniff.

Maggie-please let us know of you decide to sell your wreaths in a shop. I would love to buy one with a beach theme.

Heading to the nutritionist soon and then the dentist. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Good morn ladies. Melting today: Salted Caramel by Hayden Rowe

Farmhouse Cider by CFOW

Remote Island by CFOW

Best of the boardwalk by K's.

What do you ladies do with your wax after you done with it? I'm making jar candles with mine. My parents eat outside a lot during the spring/summer and have candle going. I bought wicks at Michaels and my mom has old jelly jars. Working really well, of course if I use everyone thing I melted she would have a lot of candles, Just pick and choice which one I reuse.

Have a great day.

Good morning ladies!

Still grey and threatening to rain here so I finally broke down and DROVE to the PO Box to get the Scented Squirrel order. The grass just keeps growing.... :unsure:

Maggie, if you decide to make beach-themed wreaths, you will have another eager customer here. [smilie=th_aa17] The fact that it would be pre-marinated makes it all the more enticing.

Michele, I love the bubblegum scents and Patrick sounds so delicious. I hope your appointments go well today.

You all are cracking me up with the brain fog stories - Honeybear, that was good with the pizza! [smilie=th_laughing] Last week I told my DH I would bring home chili dogs, which he loves. And I came right home without them....it's so pitiful. [smilie=th_pardon] I've started doing the NYT Crossword Puzzle and maybe that will help... I like the easy Monday version (it gives me the false impression that I might actually be able to handle the rest of the week, LOL).

So today is an OPT day:

OPT Oceans of Blue - from the Maggie Blends! - blueberry, marshmallow, and SSA - beautiful.

OPT Sugared Melon Coconut Noel - a giftie from a dear CF pal - oh! oh! this is gorgeous and I must order more immediately before she runs out. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_fluc

Have a great day everyone,

AmyJo

Susan, I give you credit for reusing the wax to make candles!! That's a beautiful, sustainable choice. I,um..throw mine out...I pour it hot into an empty kitty litter jug or old coffee container and when full, out it goes.

Good afternoon, everyone! It is quite hot this week here. Your forgetfulness stories made me smile while reading through the thread! th_laughing.gif

Maggie, yes, let us know if you sell your wreaths! yes.gif

Today I'm melting Strawberry Guava Cannoli from HHS. th_drool33456183iw4.gif I'm still so sad about Janet and also miss her shop. th_smiley-crying.gif

Good afternoon ladies, [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

This is a Mini-Enabling Installment (no sale, just vendor praise) [smilie=th_happy096] .

I realize this is my *third* post for today :sFun_blahblah: but I have to tell you a bit about The Scented Squirrel. Small vendor, saw her on Instagram, here in Ohio (so must be good, right? [smilie=th_laughing] ) Anyway I got a small order from her, some shot cups and the small Squirrel Sampler.

So it all looks adorable, protectively packaged, cute labels. I decided to melt a portion of one of the cups, Coco Goes to Key West (Key Lime Pie and Coconut Cream Pie), used only 0.6 oz - and wow, after a few minutes it threw me right across the house, and beautifully so. Creamy and strong and has lasted all day!

*I'm in trouble...another fine vendor*

I know you all needed to know this. [smilie=group_hug]

Have a great evening,

AmyJo

Amy...you crack me up! I've been stalking the Scented Squirrel for a while....but never ordered! I'm glad to know they've got good stuff.

Susan...I love that you are making candles out of used wax! [smilie=th_happy096] I make fire burners when I neeed them for my outdoor fire pit. At least we are trying to reuse... [smilie=th_sign0162]

Michele, Biolaeagles and AmyJo....it took all day but I finally opened my etsy shop. It's MyWelcomeWreath. There are only 9 wreaths up right now and I'll be making more beach themed wreaths and adding them as I go. This is all new to me. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Honeybear...Lololol....that pizza story is priceless and so familiar to me!! You are just part of the crowd here!! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

It's a few single melts today...

L3 Lego-tastic

VRC Yuzu Volcano Salty Sea Breeze

SGA Cotton Candy Beach Night Shaving Cream

[smilie=th_cc15]

Honeybear, your pizza story! [smilie=th_lmao-1] Totally something I'd do!

Maggie, how exciting! [smilie=th_clap1]

Susan, that's so cool you make candles from your used wax. Great idea! [smilie=th_happy096]

Melting Twinkling Summer Lights from BH&G.

AmyJo, you had me digging through my stash - I have a little Scented Squirrel tucked away and had to go find it. TaDA! One of my favs is a whip cream, strawberry, patchouli blend - called Nymph. Time to melt some more!

Maggie, I am very anxious to take a peek at your wreaths. Congrats on figuring out your Etsy site! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] Things like that always seem to take more time than I expect.

Susan, I used to make votives with my left over wax. I kinda fizzled out on it though.

I have a kitty cat licking my arm as I type, so I better go get serious about kitty cuddling. [smilie=th_huganimal]

Tonight TCC - Mountain Waters. I love looking at her scent list with all the customer blends!

Good morning everyone! :sSig_sup:

Maggie, I love your Etsy shop and the wreaths are gorgeous! [smilie=th_yourock] The issue is that they are all lovely and now difficult to choose between! :sCo_hmmthink:

Debra, I just love that you had wax from The Scented Squirrel stashed away - that Nymph scent sounds delightful - and Maggie, that you were stalking that site! The Key Lime lasted all night from yesterday afternoon, just lovely. The first words out of DH's mouth upon arrival last evening were, "It smells awfully good in here!" And I agree - that vendor is a keeper. :toppoints:

Mpfand, what's in that Twinkling Summer Nights waxie?

I *may* have placed a small order with The Bathing Garden, after rave reviews from yourselves. I am easily influenced by pretty decorations on the wax and hers is especially lovely, particularly in the Beach selections. A pretty shell or sand dollar will get me every time. :flirtysmile4:

So, it's a SEMO morning - and here is ANOTHER wonderful vendor with beautiful wax that throws a mile, and with almost no curing. Also, her wax comes in 4-packs of pretty shapes and is very affordable, and everything you see on the site is RTS.

SEMO Creamy Pear Cotton Candy - in a lovely tulip shape - just dreamy. I have this in the living room while I'm working and [smilie=th_cc1]

SEMO Cashmere and Cedar - ohhhh, I do love the cashmere scents, and this is gorgeous. This is in the back office and very sensual, IMHO.

Isn't this just the most fabulous hobby? So much to delight in, every single day.[smilie=th_LOVE]

Enjoy your Wednesday!

AmyJo

Good Afternoon....where has the time gone? I was up early and have done a bit of [smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare] but it's such a yucky day I feel like blobbing. [smilie=thzzz003]

[smilie=th_teks0311] Amy Jo! You are so kind! [smilie=th_00000020]

Debra...that Nymph scent sounds amazing! And thanks!

This morning I put on CFOW Green Apple Honeydew Cotton Candy...this is from June of 2016....time is flying by. I wonder what my oldest tarts are? They could be super, duper old. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Hello-

Maggie- You are very talented. Your wreaths are gorgeous. I often wonder what my oldest tarts are. Some are super duper old too. Two years is on the new side.

AmyJo - now I hav 2 new vendors ri try. I am glad you are pleased with your order.

Melting today SGA SSA Pineapple Coconut Whipped Cream. Smells good.

Maggie, your wreaths are gorgeous. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

AmyJo, Twinkling Summer Nights is fireflies and blooming jasmine. I have no idea what fireflies smell like, but I can tell you it was a very soft, pretty scent. Not too floral-y.

Melting another one from BH&G, Jamaican Rum Gelato. This one is powerful. If I were to go somewhere it would follow me right out the door. I'd probably get comments that I smell like candles. [smilie=th_slider_brent] I've actually been hesitant to melt it because of how strong it was cold. It's delicious, though.

AmyJo ~ Your chili dog story tops mine! That is hilarious! [smilie=th_lol22] And yes, this hobby is absolutely the best! :wub:

Biolaeagles ~ I sure do miss Janet and her wax, too. [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Maggie ~ How fun to make wreaths! I will check out your beautiful creations. [smilie=yes] Are you planning to do Fall and Christmas ones?

Dessa's Butter Pecan Crunch Ice Cream ~ YUMMY! [smilie=th_thumbs20up] And, she has a preorder this Saturday. [smilie=th_thsecret]

Dessa's Mango Tangerine

PL Berry Bramble

Burning GC Apple Pie and it smells delicious in here.

Maggie, what great wreaths! I bet Halloween will be fun to make.

AmyJo, I also think the Bathing Garden has really pretty melts. It is hard to stop shopping once I get on the website! :wub:

Mpfand - interesting that firefly would be listed in a scent! :huh:

It is getting cold here - rain and 60 degrees for a couple days. At least I don't have to water the flowers.

Tonight it is a mystery melt from Pink Mermaid. It is blue and I am guessing a type of blueberry scent.

Thank you Michele, Mpfand and Debra! It sure is fun. I'm still figuring things out but hopefully I'll get things in order soon. :)

Honeybear...yes, I'm hoping to continue making them for a bit. Those two themes should be fun! [smilie=th_200912104451]

Mpfand...Fireflies? That's crazy! I can't imagine why they would list that as a scent...Lololol!

It's a gift from a talented friend upstairs Violet Lime...love it. Thanks!

And downstairs it's SGA Sweet Lavender SSA Marshmallow...so strong!

Goodnight.

Good morning ladies,

Off on a short business trip today and tomorrow. [smilie=superman] Taking plenty of wax!

Mpfand...I know these marketing folks get creative with their descriptions, but...firefly scent? [smilie=th_scratch] I have never smelled a firefly. I imagine some smell better than others, depending upon personal hygiene. In any case, they bring a wonderful image to mind!

Maggie! I did cruise by your store this morning and you have added a watermelon wreath, extremely cute!!

Honeybear, that Dessa's preorder is on my calendar for tomorrow. (Enabling alert, all! [smilie=th_ef3416a0] )

So this morning while getting ready to leave it's gifties from wonderful CF pals: [smilie=th_teks0311]

Ava's Country Cupboard - Citrus Soda Cakes - scrumptious and in adorable little owl shapes

From a brilliant waxie maker - Lemon Curd Toasted Marshmallow Fresh Baked Bread - oh, delicious and comforting.

Have a fine day all,

AmyJo

HI friends

Melting CFTKR Coffee Bean with a little bit of VCS Jackie O thrown in.

Woke up at 6am and couldn't fall back to sleep. So I just decided to get up! I usually get up at 7 but once my mind started going that was it. Good grief. Anyhow, I already have a load of sheets in the washer, cat fed and litterbox scooped lol.

Yesterday was a complete washout weather wise. Both DS'S and I went to see The Incredibles 2 last night. We decided we liked it but the original is still our favorite. Love the theme music. Both boys have played that theme sometime in their school band concerts. For those that saw the movie, what did you think of the short animation film before the movie? I got the "Message", but thought it was a bit bizarre. Glad I didn't have little ones to have to explain it to. Definitely for adults!

Cute wreaths Maggie! I've never seen anything like them! You are so creative... Me not so much lol.

Have a great day everyone. Time to take DS to his last drivers ed class.