The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

June's Joyful Jewels of Scent

AmyJo, I can't tell you how sad I feel about Montgomery. I feel like we go to know him through your posts. I am glad you were able to give extra attention the past couple of nights.

Honeybear, wishing you lots of "mom strength" as you watch DD head out!

Aria, I am on a sorta-kinda wax ban but could not avoid Carol's! ;) It did a teeny order, one of my smallest - but one of the really good things is that her melts hold their scent for a really long time.

Today has been another day where I had trouble smelling stuff. <_ i think went through almost a dozen various melters around the house. winner ended up being barret perfectly peach.>

Good morning dear ladies,

Thank you all for your kind, sweet words about my Montgomery. It means a lot. I'm having a kind of tough time. Remembering all our happy walks in the woods is helping.

I missed the CFTKR restock and the VCS baseball intro and the two new VRC Loaves of the Month - but I have so much beautiful wax to enjoy -- and I admit defeat, I can't order everything, even though I've been trying. [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

Aria, I hope you had a wonderful day at the graduation!

Mpfand - did you have Zeep Beach Towels in the loaf or in the clammie? I have the loaf and it throws me out of the room, after curing for maybe a month (and I think Ashley had poured it about a month before that loaf shipped, so two months total). The warmer I usually use for that one is pretty hot. [smilie=th_idontknow].

Honeybear, I'm glad you're enjoying the CFOW Salty Sea Air...I agree, so completely beautiful. And I know you and DD#1 are nervous about her trip... [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] Sending you a big hug.

Well I couldn't sleep so I've been starting up a few odds and ends since the wee hours:

CFOW Butterscotch Coke Float - yes I know I should let this cure but it smells so delicious and it's throwing well already!

CFOW Beachwood - divine. A bit of a story here...Michele had a Moon Cake in Beachwood Vetiver that I completely lost my mind over because it was so unusual and so gorgeous. And it was discontinued. Michele found an oil called just "Beachwood" and because she is such a dear, she sent two samples of the new one - and it's the same as the previous discontinued scent. Sooooo lovely. She poured this just last week and it has been throwing like a champ all night, frankly too strong for just the bedroom. Amazing scent.

FP Macintosh Apple - scrumptious. I had to turn it off after just five minutes in the living room because the whole house filled up and it was fighting with the Beachwood. [smilie=th_biqazm1]

Have a good Monday, all. Thanks again for being so sweet about my big guy.

AmyJo

Morn ladies. Melting today: Jessica Rabbit by Satin Suzie: Strawberries & cream, cake & twinkies

French Baquette Spiced apple & peaches by CFOW

Rainyday by Scentsationals.

Have a good day everyone.

AmyJo, I'm glad your good memories of Montgomery are helping you through this difficult time.

My Zeep Beach Towels was a clam that I melted in a 25 watt warmer and also a hot plate.

My wax budget took a huge hit today. Last night our upstairs a/c unit went out. After some testing it was determined that the downstairs unit was on its last legs, too, so today we are having both units replaced. $20,000 could've bought a lot of wax..... [smilie=th_OMG] It doesn't help the situation that we're under an excessive heat warning today with an expected high of 108. To add to that, DH's Costco account was hacked which was tied to his Visa. The person(s) purchased a laptop and attempted to purchase an Apple watch. Luckily, we're not being held responsible.

Melting Vanilla Sugar from Essenza today. A subtle crowd pleaser while we have workers in and out.

Good morning ladies,

I hope everyone is well. The cooler weather is a welcome change here in Ohio, 56 F this morning.

Mpfand - I'm so sorry about your a/c - that's a big hit, and with temps like yours, you've just got to have it!

Susan, that CFOW peach scent sounds tempting. I do love peach. [smilie=yes]

This morning it's:

VCS Grandma's Pearls, from overnight - such a beautiful lavender scent, so peaceful.

Zeep Mambo Beach - orange, sea air, driftwood - in multiple warmers. What a difference a long cure makes - beautiful!

Have a fine Tuesday,

AmyJo

Morn ladies. Melting today: Watermelon Cake by OPT, was in the grab box

Pink Sugar by K's.

Mpfand, that's horrible hoping it cools down some for you.

Hi All!

AmyJo-So sorry about the loss of Montgomery. Hugs to you!!

Mpfand-That’s terrible that both air conditioning units need to be replaced. It does sound like a necessity there. Can’t even imagine it being that hot.

Melted SGA Everything but Her Kitchen Sink before and just switched to ST Umbridge.

It’s been another busy day. I just want to stay home. DD leaves for Nashville tomorrow for the CMA Fest. I will help her get ready tonight.

Thank you very much, Michele. ????

From the Enabling Department:. CFOW has free shipping until the end of the week, min $25 order, code DAYSNUMBERED. She has some new samplers and chunk blends as well. ????

AmyJo, you are a naughty one! [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

Mpfand - Holy cow! what an ordeal! I hope you can find a way to stay cool til this is taken care of.

I planned to post last night - but instead I ended up cleaning up one of my biggest waxidents…

TCC - Apple Peepers - a lovely scent and a lovely bright red, I knocked it over all over the fireplace hearth, It takes some work to get red wax out of grout lines. [smilie=th_ANGRY_10]

Tonight - HHS - Afternoon Delight.

Good Evening!

Mpfand....oh nooooo!! That's terrible news about the AC and the Costco hacking!! [smilie=th_sad2hz1] When it rains, it pours!! I hope it's fixed now and at least...you can enjoy the cool temps indoors now.

Debra... [smilie=th_shout] yikes!! Sorry to hear that! I HATE waxidents!! I still have evidence of one of mine in the family room....could never get it out! I hope you fared better than I.

Michele...safe travels to your DD!

AmyJo... [smilie=th_LaLaLa]

Yesterday it was Seashells & Sand by Ashland

Today is Pineapple Waffle Cone Whipped Cream by L3

Goodnight

Good morning ladies,

I hope everyone is well. Again in the 50's this morning which is a relief from the heat of May.

Michele, I hope your daughter will enjoy the CMA fest, sounds like so much fun.

Debra - not a waxident!!! I'm sorry! Doesn't it take forever and ever to clean up?? We have had a couple of those. Once I spilled wax all over the kitchen sink. Then this past weekend my dear DH came out of the bathroom to announce that he had knocked over the votive warmer. [smilie=th_m4t3zo4] He went for broad coverage and exceeded his goal. :toppoints: In your case, red wax in the grout....nooooooo, so hard to get out! [smilie=th_thConfus_55]

Maggie, you are cracking me up, [smilie=th_jaja] I know you want to hear about these sales. [smilie=th_aa17]

Well this morning it's:

SGA Apricot Chamomille - little sample cup and just delicious.

CFOW Fig Lychee - one of my favorites from the Moon Cake collection - very strong, exotic, like a fine plum wine and tons of throw.

FP Cabin in the Smokies - this softly spicy, woody, comforting little grubby tart has been going for about 16 hours and still strong.

Enjoy your Wednesday,

AmyJo

Morn ladies. Melting today: Butt Naked by Candlelynn etsy

Sultana by Hayden Rowe

I ordered a sample box of wax from CFOW on Friday and received on Monday. Love her stuff.

Our new a/c units are up and running. Thanks for the sympathy, ladies. It's a lot of money to part with all at once, but a/c is not optional where we live. :wacko:

Debra, I'm sorry about your waxident. <_< Those are the worst and removing wax from grout? :blink: Yikes!

Melting Sweet Lavender Peppermint Birthday Cake from Front Porch. Really like this; the peppermint is dominant, but there's hint of sweet lavender that softens the peppermint.

Have a good day, everyone. B)

Good afternoon, ladies! The_Hi.gifThe days are real busy with the boys being out of school.th_as.gif th_cha40.gif

Mfpand, glad your air got fixed! yes.gif

AmyJo, did you end up buying from CFOW?

Debra, I hate those waxidents! Ugh! angry.gif

Today I'm melting my own Watermelon Ice Cream Scoop Bread Cake. th_LOVE.gif

I had the opportunity to meet up with friends tonight for nachos...no calories there! They are so good at the time, however! [smilie=th_shewiggle]

Mpfand - congrats on getting a/c fixed quickly! We only have a couple days a year over 100 - but 108 is mind boggling!

Tonight my reach and grab did not work so well - I ended up with YC Red Berries and Cedar which is a lovely scent - but not my favorite for hot weather!

Good morning ladies,

Popping in between work meetings to say hello. [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

Pleased to say I have caught up on the current stash with the exception of some ScentSations Clammies. There is plenty in the cure closet to take its place once July arrives. I would like to slow down the pace of melting :sFun_flight: so I can relax and enjoy it even more! This requires that inflow not exceed outflow. :unsure:

Susan, glad you are enjoying the CFOW samples. So many beautiful scents, so little time!!

Mpfand - I'm happy your a/c is back in action! To me any FP Peppermint blend has that gorgeous strong mint note and glad the lavender is coming through.

Biolaeagles - [smilie=The_Hi] enjoy those busy summer days with your boys! And no - amazing though it may be - I did not end up ordering anything more from CFOW. I just received a fabulous big order from her and some restraint is in order. [smilie=th_sSig_what]

Maggie, I hope you got some rest. [smilie=thzzz003] That Strawberry VRC blend sounds tempting.

Debra, glad you enjoyed the nachos and like you I order only the non-caloric kind. [smilie=th_yeahthat] Glad you enjoyed the YC holiday scent for an out-of-season treat.

So this morning it's:

CFOW Beachwood - the new oil, lovely familiar scent, and *extremely* strong so I will use half the little butterfly shape next time.

ScentSations Honeysuckle & Nectar - very floral and sweet, beautiful.

From a dear CF friend who sent me a gorgous giftie box :thwetkissf: - Violet Lime - so completely delicious!! How do you do this?! [smilie=thank_you]

Have a lovely day all,

AmyJo

Ahi All!

Very busy day. Finally home so I just put SGA Cpokie Monster Cotton Candy Lemon Poppy Seed Sweet Bakery Dough in my melters.

Had the first of 3 gel shots in my knees today. Hope they help.

AmyJo- you really got through your stash quickly I get nervous looking at mine. That won’t be happening here for a long time. I never learn.

Is there a spot on this forum that lists everyone’s address and where you can exchange info? I use an IPad mini and feel like I can’t even use emojis. I don’t see avatars either. I’m wondering if a laptop is better. I’m pretty illiterate when it comes to conputers.

Hi Michele, I love SGA Cookie Monster in any form. ????

Please don't think too well of me - there are five full baskets in the curing closet and three more orders on the way. ????. I went a bit mad in May!

I can get through it in a hurry because I don't like it piling up either, but melting like a madwoman is not what I had in mind for a relaxing hobby. Six melters, changing every few hours?! This is a kind of sickness. ???? I love to take my time in both the choosing and the enjoying and that has gone seriously astray.

The total of the stuff in the curing closet plus the stuff coming in the mail is all gorgeous and i think if I melt 4 ounces a day, it will last about three months. That should be both doable and enjoyable. *There is a plan... But can she do it*

Now if I can just place only tiny orders to keep the package fun at bay...

I can just imagine you all howling with laughter when this plan goes south... Give me strength!!

I don't know about the addresses, Michele. As for the emoji, it took me a long time to sort out where they were ???? so I'm probably not much help!

AmyJo

Michele - some members have their emails listed under their profiles, if that helps!

AmyJo - I wish I could melt through my wax stash like you plan to - I have boxes sitting in the back of closets waiting for drawer real estate to open up...and still I order more! :icon_redface:

Tonight it is S&S - Pink Sugar Nutmeg.

Good morning all, [smilie=th_bb20]

Hot weather has returned to Ohio, or at least hot for us - nothing like you folks out West go through.

Debra, I totally understand the "buying more" - I've been doing a lot of that lately! [smilie=th_a136]

Last night it was:

Strawberry Zucchini Bread - a homemade tart from a sweet CF friend - just beautiful! It relaxed me to sleep! Thank you! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Today before I left the house, in my effort to work through these clammies, it was:

ScentSationals Strawberry Cream

BH&G Vanilla Cookie

Have a great day all!

AmyJo

[

Hi All!

Debra-I also have boxes and bags of wax orders sitting in closets waiting for space to clear up.

It takes me forever to go through my stash because I don’t like wasting wax when I’m not home. Unfortunately I’ve been very busy lately. I melt most times just 2 oz. of wax a day. I went crazy in May. Now I’m just staying away from the restocks and it’s not so bad.

Melting SGA Summer Scoop today. I like it but it’s not too strong.

Michele - how are your knees now after the injections?

I have trouble going through my stash because I melt til the last bit of scent eeks out. I can have one going quite awhile, so that doesn't help me get very far. [smilie=th_pardon]

We are having a rainy weekend. Guess it will be time to binge watch TV series I have missed.

Tonight - Me Time Melts - Lemonberry Sangria

Good morning ladies,

Well it rained like mad last night and a big thunderstorm. As much as I miss my big buddy Montgomery...I'm glad he didn't suffer through another storm.

Michele, you are so right - staying away from the restocks is the ticket when we're trying to just enjoy the stash. But gee that's hard to do... [smilie=th_cha66]

Debra, what are you binge watching? Perfect for a rainy weekend.

Maggie - did you catch up on any rest? [smilie=th_smiley-yawn]

Well I'm still working through the old clammies. I'm trying to blend some of them together for interest. So this morning it's:

ScentSationals Nutter Butter Cookie Bars, blended with

ScentSationals Vanilla Bean

.....and this has kind of backfired because the vanilla softened that nutter butter, which was too *cough* strong by itself, and it smells pretty darned good so I don't want to change it out and keep moving. [smilie=th_roll]. Now I feel like baking...

Back of the house: ScentSationals Iced Lemon Sugar Cookies, very nice but not as nice as the homemade version of this by a sweet CF friend so I am changing it out. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Have a great Saturday all!

AmyJo