The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

June's Joyful Jewels of Scent

Happy Wednesday everyone, [smilie=th_hello]

Girls Night Out last evening with my best friend and we went to the Cincinnati Reds game, where our hometeam won 9-5 [smilie=th_blij40] (gave up those 5 runs in the 9th inning, can we say focus??). It was Fiona the Hippo Bobblehead night. Bratwurst and a small beer and a ride on the newish streetcar to and from the parking - Cincinnati's grudging acknowledgement of a need for mass transit. Someday!! Anyway a fine evening. [smilie=th_friends]

Biolaeagles, glad you had a good Father's Day, and congratulations on the piano performance, sounds like you were happy with it! [smilie=th_happy096] Also glad your DS had a good birthday. We also saw The Incredibles 2 and loved it - I would follow that family (and Edna Mode) anywhere.

So yesterday on break I *did* make the mistake of cruising by a few of the wax sites and I *did* make a few orders from VCS, Southbound, and Semo. :ssshopping:

VCS - several Blossom Bars in Violet, Root Beer (impossible to resist after all the chitchat on here) and Sandalwood. I find this vendor so delicious.

Southbound - the 4th of July Sampler and a few clammies - they all sound great and this shipped within a day.

Semo - I found this one on Instagram and really like the professional, cute shapes and presentation, also very good prices. I got an assortment of shapes and it shipped THE SAME DAY, impressive!

So yesterday afternoon I started up two of Maggie's Blends from OPT and they are still going strong this morning:

Peace in the Grass (you all know these by now!!) - fresh grass, SSA, and buttercream - honestly, this is one of my overall favorites now.

Spiked Citrus - grapefruit, SSA, and Baja Cactus. This is so good in the morning as a wake-me-up.

That's it for now - enjoy your day!

AmyJo

Melting Nana's Banana Pudding from FP

I lost my entire post and sadly don't have time to retype it. I have to walk Ozzy and get back in time to go pick up DS from drivers ed.

Hope everyone has a great day

Morn ladies. This is what I melted on Tuesday & today: Blue Hawiian by Sonoma

Fresh Apple by American Home YC

Cherry Blossom by Ambiescents

Honeysuckle

Mango Blossom by Huntington Home

Debra ~ I remember Candledippers! I used to love her wax. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Aria ~ I hate it when that happens, [smilie=angry]

AmyJo ~ You are so funny, [smilie=th_giggle] and your posts are always so entertaining! [smilie=kewl] A baseball game sounds like a ball! [smilie=th_tease-1]

Biolaeagles ~ Glad your debut at church went over well. [smilie=th_aa21]

Lilac Scensations Mrs. Claus’ Cookies ~ a giftie from a sweet CF pal...thank you [smilie=th_bighug-1]

UTC Watermelon Cake Pie Crust

SB Pistachio Pudding Cake

SB Monster Jam

I’ve got DD#1 here for a few days and I’m going to savor every sweet minute. :skywriter:

Hope you all are having a great day. :thwetkissf:

Good afternoon, everyone! th_76d65c2f.gif I took the boys out to the movies this morning. We have a special here where it's $4 Wednesdays for kids- includes the movie, popcorn, soda, and a fruit snack. th_drool33456183iw4.gif They had a blast!

AmyJo, sounds like you had a fun night! th_dancing_smile.gif

Aria, how do you like FP's Banana Pudding scent?

Honeybear, enjoy time with your DD! th_LOVE.gif

Debra. it's been hot here too. Stay cool! yes.gif

Today I'm melting CFTKR's Ice Cream Donuts wub.gif

I hope you all had a chance to see AmyJo's fun survey. Hard choices! :huh:

Thanks for putting that up, AmyJo!

And - What a fun game to go to - so many extras, it made quite the evening for you!

Biolaeagles - you also had a super deal on your movie! My kids used to love things like that. Food was big. ;)

Aria - I am sorry about you losing your post. I have learned the longer they are, the higher the chance it goes poof!

It will cool off tomorrow - time for wax to arrive! [smilie=yes]

Tonight it is Lilac Sensations - Forever Red.

Good morning B)

AmyJo, that baseball game sounds like a lot of fun! [smilie=th_sign0162]

Debra, hope your wax arrives in good shape. It melts here, even on ice. :unsure:

Biolaeagles, sounds like a fun outing! [smilie=th_popcorm1]

Supposed to be 112 today so I went with Rio Beach from Scentsy.

Off to check out AmyJo's survey...... [smilie=th_snoopy]

Good morning ladies,

I hope everyone is well. Those of you with temps in the 100's, I send you cooling thoughts. [smilie=th_dd5]

Honeybear and your DH: Happy Anniversary!! :cupid-arrow: And I hope you are enjoying your time with your daughter!

Aria, I'm sorry you lost your post but I'm happy to think of you and Ozzy taking your walks. [smilie=th_806e4b7f]

Biolaeagles, that Wednesday movie special sounds like a great deal and a great time. Which movie this time? *details please*

Susan, how was that Cherry Blossom scent? I love cherry blossoms but I had a melt from B&BW which was overly pungent - to me the real thing has a gentle scent. How was yours?

Debra, I'm so glad you are getting cooler weather for your package delivery. [smilie=th_200912104451] Even with the PO Box, I'm seeing a little schmutz on the waxie bags these days - I guess they get hot in the mail trucks. I try not to think about them sitting anywhere in the sun. [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

I'm glad you folks are enjoying the little survey - I'm not trying to be all analytical about it, just interested in everybody's point of view. [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

Well yesterday a *rather large* FP order arrived and I rode up to the post office on my bike to pick it up. [smilie=superman] I'm thinking a light backpack is in order for this. Anyway very happy with the order - Angie threw in some Mystery Grubbies which smell wonderful and right now I'm melting (yes, I know they should cure a bit, but gee whiz who can wait):

FP ROOT BEER FLOAT - I am drowning in happiness - big lush scent and I cut up one little grubby total for the whole house and it is almost too strong. Delicious! [smilie=th_LOVE]

I have been using a liberal amount of emojis but the Emoji Dobby seems to have retreated. I wish him well and I wish him gone.

Have a great day everyone,

AmyJo

Good morning, everyone! The_Hi.gif Today we are having a rainy morning, so I let the boys watch a movie. Now we are off to the grocery store, then I have some cleaning to do for DS # 2's bday part Saturday morning. th_a136.gif

AmyJo, we watched Lego Batman. Also, I love Rootbeer scents! wub.gif

Happy anniversary, Honeybear! th_aa20.gif

Today I'm melting Starlord from ST. th_drool33456183iw4.gif

Hello All! I am officially on summer break! [smilie=th_c2e41937] Got done a bit early and am so tired. Worked a 10 hour day yesterday and up early and back at it again today. [smilie=th_smiley-yawn]

Happy Anniversary Honeybear! [smilie=th_0b464f69745090d9d8a0f

Biolaeagles...wow! That's an amazing deal! I would love that kind of movie day with my kids....even now! LOL

AmyJo...sounds like a great evening at the ballpark! Glad you had fun!

Aria....I hate when that happens! [smilie=th_ANGRY_10] I just lost my entire post the other day... [smilie=th_u51]

Debra...whatcha expecting in wax?? [smilie=th_confused3]

Mpfand...I hope things cool down for you but I suppose that "may" be normal for you? Is it? [smilie=th_scratch]

Today it's...

VRC Ginger Coconut Lime

Countryside Chunks Lavender Peach...both from a sweet CF pal!

Thanks!!

Have a good one.

Hi Ladies!

Been so busy I haven’t melted for 2 days. I just put on my first melt tonight which is CFOW Beach Nights. This one smells delicious. I am so happy with this vendor. I got my order yesterday which was expected today. My first time Zeep order arrived today and that was expected tomorrow. It came beautifully wrapped and I am anxious to try this vendor. I will let this cure for most of the summer though.

Happy Anniversary Honeybear! I hope you enjoy your DD’s visit.

AmyJo- I have a root beer melt around here somewhere. I’m going to have to give it a try.

Mpfand-That’s HOT! I have never experienced temperatures like that.

Enjoy your evening everyone!!

Mpfand - that is HOT! I remember being there when it was 107- and with all the cement and asphalt I swear it made the temp 20 degrees higher. [smilie=th_cha60]

Maggie, what did I get? :onitswaysmiley: Welp, in my quest to find grapefruit I learned that a candlebuddy had fixed us up with a special grapefruit blend! [smilie=th_ahaaha] So, that and a little more to round out the order! [smilie=th_aa17]

The weather today? Holy smokes! Thunder storms like crazy and an unexpected downpour as people came to work - several were drenched and had to find temporary clothes to wear until they dried out. I got in just before and I am so glad I missed that part. [smilie=th_c61]

Tonight - FP - Eucalyptus Chamomile

Good morning, friends! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Thank you for all of the anniversary wishes. [smilie=th_a194] We actually celebrate two anniversaries in a row (thanks to leap year) because it was this day 27 years ago that we met, and well, we’ve basically been married since that day in our minds. LOL Tonight we’re going to a Wine & Wheel class at a pottery suture in Downtown Chandler. We took DD#2 there last time she was here, and now it’s DD#1’s turn. [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Debra ~ Glad you missed out on that downpour. Phew! And that Eucalyptus Chamomile sounds intriguing. I’m planning a FP order in the Fall. It’s supposed to be 112 here today! :sFun_hot:

Maggie ~ Hope you have lots of fun, and plenty of lazy days [smilie=th_WE1summer013] , on your summer break.

AmyJo ~ I need to check out that survey as soon as I have more time. [smilie=yes]

OPT Spiked Citrus & Peace in the Grass ~ Thanks to a sweet CF pal [smilie=The_Hi]

SB Lavender Lovespell

Enjoy your days!

Hello ladies!

Busy workday today but I am still melting away. It has been pouring on and off for the last two days. The grass is visibly growing before our eyes. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Biolaeagles - the Batman Lego movie sounds like a great choice for your boys and I'm glad you had fun together!

Maggie - I'm happy for you that you are on Summer Break and I hope you will have a chance to relax. [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Michele - it's great to hear how happy you are with your CFOW order! I'm also so delighted with this vendor.

Honeybear - I hope you, your DH, and DD#1 have a wonderful time at the Wine and Wheel class! And again - Happy Anniversary!

Debra - I hope you are loving that grapefruit scent - that's always a favorite of mine too.

Well today I got a couple of orders in the PO Box:

OPT Maggie's Blends in Flip-Flop Form - WOW, these things are HUGE and smell just as amazing as the chunks! Plus Lara sends big samples. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

SEMO Wax - so impressed - I found this vendor on Instagram and such a beautiful, professional presentation and gorgeous scents!! Please, check her out!

Last night I melted:

CFOW Smurfette's Love Potion - so sweet and delicious - rainbow sorbet and cotton candy

And this morning it's been:

SGA Jack the Clipper!! Jack is Back! Sea air, cactus, and shaving cream - Jack, you will always have my heart. [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Have a good day all!

AmyJo

Hi wax friends

Melting Avobath from SGA downstairs and Alice in Slumberland from RG upstairs. It's a gloomy evening here with on and off rain showers so I also have a candle burning... YC Coconut Beach. It's white wax so it's really pretty and glowy but zero scent. :(

I have used too many emojis a few times and finally figured out that the magic number is 10. You can use up to 10 emoji per post. [smilie=lookgood]

Honeybear wishing you a Happy Anniversary and many more [smilie=th_slider_congratulation

Biolaeagles I really enjoy FP Nana 's Banana Pudding... its very authentic to what I think banana pudding smells like...a bit creamy and sort of a candy like banana note.

My favorite root beer scent is SGA Root Beer Ice Cream Scoop Bread

Maggie your summer vacation has started! I think I discovered how I lost my post. Seems I accidentally "refreshed " the screen and bye-bye went everything! Must be more careful. Lol [smilie=th_help]

Amyjo I have to go find the survey... Hope I'm not too late. I often think of you and wonder how you're doing since the loss of your dear Montgomery. Ozzy is like my shadow. I've never had any pet that is so faithful. Ozzy is a yellow labrador/beagle mix. He's a Beagador lol.

You are the wax ordering queen lately. [smilie=th_LaLaLa]

mpfand 112!!!! Holy cow! [smilie=th_OMG] Thought of you a few days ago when it was in the 90's here and our AC just wasn't able to keep up and cool the house. Called for service and we needed some refrigerant added. Thankfully that was a minor expense. I was a little nervous that it was going to be major bucks after hearing your story.

debra, I love FP eucalyptus scents! A favorite of mine is a blend of eucalyptus, peppermint, spearmint and sweet lavender. Terrific for the bedroom.

candlelove, my first Zeep order from May is still curing. I've melted a couple small pieces and believe more cure time is needed. Her shapes and scents are quite nice. I'm not normally a fan of ordering from places that require long cure time but I made an exception and would probably order again.

Hope I didn't miss anyone. I swear I am losing my ability to concentrate and focus lately. :wacko: Is that a symptom of "the change"? Lol.

Maggie, how is it being a Lady of Leisure? Or, are you doing all the tasks you have put off?

Honeybear - what a great sounding class! My pottery would be so bad I would need to be able to blame the wine! [smilie=th_laughing]

Aria, that FP scents sounds right up my alley!

So glad it is Friday! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

More pet issues - I have a kitty that won't eat off and on - not sure if it is a tooth issue or fussy eater issue..so will spend $$ to figure it out! Salmon goes down just fine, but it is soft, so [smilie=th_confused3]

Tonight it is going to be Lilac Sensations - Sweet Tea Zinger.

Good Morning!

It’s rainy and gloomy here. I hope the weather improves with the weekend.

Honeybear-That Wine and Wheel class sounds like a lot of fun. Hope you all had a great time!

Aria-I liked my Zeep order too. I wonder why they need to cure so long. That’s ok though. I will forget about them until the Fall.

Maggie-Enjoy your time off. It seems to have just snuck up on us.

AmyJo-Glad you are melting away. When you work do you ladies have the scents melting while you aren’t there? Just curious.

Melting this morning CFOW Strawberry Jam Waffle Cone Ice Cream Parlor. It’s just getting started but it smells good already.

Good Morning

Michele...yes, I keep my melters on all day long even when I'm gone. Of course, once I think about it I start turning them off when I leave because the thought of what I'm doing scares me.

Debra...lady of leisure? Lololol Nope. You are right...I've got all the housework that I couldn't get done while working to do..and I've started making deco wreaths so I'd like to get that going. Made one for my bosses at school and already got a few orders. :). I hope your little kitty is ok. I always wish they could just tell us what hurts....it would make life much easier. [smilie=th_catkiss] I hope you like that Spiked Citrus scent!

Aria...join the club! ;) I can't focus or concentrate either. I tell you, if I didn't write everything down, I wouldn't remember anything.

AmyJo...I forgot all about Jack! I need to find him in my closet. ;)

Honeybear...that wine and wheel sounds like fun! [smilie=kewl]

It's L3 still going strong from yesterday...Murtagh- fresh cut grass, VBN, Sea Salt and Sea Grass ❤️

Have a nice Saturday.

Good morning everybody!

I hope everyone is well. The heat has receded a bit here in Ohio. I just took a lovely 6 mi bike ride and made it up the very steep section without getting off. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] The motivation was indeed a package. More about that in a bit. :upssmiley1:

Aria...thank you for thinking about Montgomery...I miss him so much. I still catch myself starting to say something to him, as in eating pizza the other night and turning to offer him some - he loved pizza - and then remembering. The bike is helping because I can't bear to walk without him on our familiar paths. I love thinking about you and Ozzy. The breed "beagador" must be a wonderful mix. [smilie=th_huganimal] Thank you for the SGA Root Beer reco - I'm trying out the root beers from all the vendors, LOL.

Debra - I hope your kitty feels better soon. Is this a cat thing, to eat and then not eat? It seems like they go through these little fussy spells and then pick up as though nothing happened. It's enough to add more gray hair, though. [smilie=th_catkiss]

Michele, I always turn off the melters when I'm not here (worry about fire / cat mischief). I'm fortunate in that when I'm not traveling for work, I can work from home most of the time. A lot of our communication is done by webinar. As for why Zeep has to cure for so long, this is a great mystery to me too but it's worth it. It's just hard to wait!!

Maggie and Debra... Thank you for affirming that I'm not alone in fog-brain...I walk into a room with purpose, but can't remember what that purpose was...

Speaking of Zeep! I received a gorgeous order and along with the usual HUGE waxies (especially the Watermelon Crawl! GIANT WAFFLE), Ashley has outdone herself with the Coffee Sampler and the Cupcake Sampler. Lovely, unique scents in both and gorgeous packaging and labels. I will have a hard time waiting, but wait we will, for this to cure a couple of months. [smilie=th_LOVE]

So the other two orders which have arrived are:

Southbound! This is gorgeous! I got the 4th of July Sampler and each scent is better than the one before it. Also an assortment of clammies and they are multi-colored and delicious-smelling. Again, into the curing closet they go, but they are pretty to look at and I will be gazing fondly until we can melt.

VCS - another three bags of Blossom Bars - those big chunky squares are so beautiful and smell wonderful - and a Rose Bar, how elegant. I have rather a lot from this vendor because her scents are very pure and refreshing to me, not a lot of "wax background" if you know what I mean.

Well the closet is full and there are actually a *couple* of orders still out there...these orders were on the small side but restraint is in order. [smilie=th_cha40]

Forgot to say what I was melting. ????. Going since last night has been:

SGA Cookie Monster and Big Bird, from the mini-chunk-pie assortment. Glorious and tempting. Lemony, cookie wonderfulness and long-lasting.

Have a lovely weekend all,

AmyJo

Honeybear, that wine and wheel sounds so fun! [smilie=yes]

Aria, I'm glad your a/c only needed refrigerant. Our rental house also needed 2 new units, another $17,000. :o Needless to say, my wax buying has slowed considerably. I don't order much, if at all, during the summer so it's not as bad as it sounds. [smilie=th_pardon] I'm another one who has to write everything down. :rolleyes: I'll run to the grocery store for 3 items and if I don't have a list I'll forget at least one thing. [smilie=th_scratch]

AmyJo, I love the sound of all your orders. [smilie=th_happy096]

Debra, I hope your kitty is ok. [smilie=th_catkiss]

Maggie, making wreaths sounds like fun! Hope you have time set aside to relax a bit, too. ;)

When Aria melted Nana's Banana Pudding from Front Porch the other day it reminded me that I have that scent in my stash so I'm melting it today. Soft, creamy banana scent. I like it a lot and am not normally a huge fan of banana scents.

Our heat advisory has been lifted. It's "only" supposed to be 109 today. [smilie=th_laughing]

Have a good day everyone. :D

Oh Mpfand...oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your A/C! That's a lot of money! 109? I can't even imagine it!

AmyJo...yay for new orders!

Lots of candles burning tonight...

Paris Noir by Goosecreek

Beach House by Goosecreek

Earthly Essence by Crossroads

Good morning ladies!

A lovely cool morning and the sun is out after two days of rain. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Mpfand, I can't imagine 109 degrees...and you're NOT under a heat advisory anymore...how can you stand it? :sFun_hot: And I'm SO sorry about your a/c units.

Maggie, I'll bet those wreaths are beautiful. Are they relaxing to make?

Honeybear! How was the Wine and Wheel? *details please* I hope you had a Happy Anniversary. [smilie=th_0b464f69745090d9d8a0f

Debra, I hope your kitty is feeling better today. How is she doing?

Today I have one simple goal, to find a little display case for my CFOW Unicorn. This arrived on June 1 - he is teal-colored and adorable and I don't think I can bear to cut him up, so I am going to get him a little protective clear house so I can enjoy looking at him. [smilie=th_LOVE] His scent is Caribbean Teakwood which is glorious so I would like to be able to lift the lid of the display case and sniff from time to time. I'm going to try Michael's. [smilie=th_235F35F32]

So it's a Front Porch day:

FP Grandma's Blueberry Cobbler - ohhhhh so delicious. [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] DH loves this.

FP Peach Mulberry - a new one. Cured for less than a week and filling the kitchen/office. Sweet and soothing.

FP Mystery Tart! I have no clue! Tri-color and I think it is grassy/herbal. I love it and want to know what it is!

Have a fine Sunday, all.

AmyJo

Morn ladies. This is what I have melted since Thursday till today. Honeysoaked Apples by Swan Creek

Endless Love by CFOW

Midnight Romance by Country Rich Creations

Lemongrass & Peppermint by Ambiescents

Island Hibiscus by the salty turtle candle co.

News Flash From the Enabling Department:????

Southbound Restock Today at 2 pm CST, featuring The 4th of July Sampler (which I do have and it's fabulous), along with tons of lovely RTS scents.

VCS has announced that they still have lots of items left from last week's restock.

And Zeep has an Overstock later today - wax Mystery Bags and B&B - time TBD but CST afternoon.

[smilie=th_cc24]