The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

June's Joyful Jewels of Scent

Good Morning!

Picked DH up at the airport last night He will be here for the weekend. DS is still in Nashville.

Melting SGA SSA Coconut Creme Sweet Mango now. It’s just starting up and smells good. Perfect for today’s gorgeous weather.

AmyJo- I just keep saying I have no room and I have some variations of all the new scents so I’m good. I really have no room here for more wax.

Debra- It’s too soon to see if the gel shots worked yet. I just got the first ones on Thursday and go the next 2 Thursday’s as well. I will let you know. I have heard that these shots don’t work for everybody but it’s worth a try. I’m like you with the scent. Have to get every last bit out of it before the next one. This makes it slow going through my stash.

Hope everybody enjoys their Saturday!

Morn ladies. Melted yesterday: Magician Bonfire by the bathing garden: lavender, chamomile, sugar crystal, very different.

Today: Midnight Romance by Country Rich Creations

Axe Kilo type by OPT, musk, amber and exotic woods.

Have a great Saturday.

A rainy Saturday here. Waiting for DS to finish his guitar lesson...think we’ll stop for a bite to eat on the way home.

This morning I was melting CFTKR Lemongrass & Sage and it’s spectacular! My order arrived a couple days ago and can’t say enough great things about it. Carols wax has remained a favorite of mine since my first order many years ago. CFTKR, FP and RG are my top 3 favorite vendors.

Melted a couple from my first Zeep order back on April. Beach Bound smelled like suntan lotion and a bit strong & perfumey. Another was Mambo Something? (can’t remember the exact name) that was good but fizzled out quickly. Push Pop did the same.

Have a good weekend!

Ok....I just posted twice and lost both...argh.

Michele...I hope those shots work for you! And btw, I use an iPad and I think I can see everything...have you gone to the bottom of the page and clicked full forum and delete Cookies? That may help.

Debra...yes, do tell? Which series?

AmyJo...yes, I rested and slept like a baby! With all my school graduations and choir performances my feet were killing me from the heels. I am just not used to them anymore.

I've been melting a lot but some of it...

Ashland Berry Citrus Trio

CFOW Snow Kissed Sugar

Rockets Tropical Cosmic Spells from a lovely CF pal....thanks!

Southern Twang Ylang Ginger, Blackberry Scone, Cozy Vanilla Cream

CFOW Birthday Cake Captain Crunch Berries

Sniff My Tarts Berry something....??

Goodnight all....

Michele, I hope the shots end up being successful. Were these the type you watch as they inject? My MIL had those, and I went with her. Interesting to see.

I have been watching what my Ds calls our "English Mysteries". Some are PBS, some are Australian though! Right now it is Doc Martin, in between Midsomer Murders. Sherlock was one of the best, the one with Benedict Cumberbatch. It sure helps when it rains, keeps me inside sorting wax and watching TV. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

I am not doing so good at staying away from restocks and sales. I went to lunch with a friend at a nice place. The bill was pretty high and I thought, "WOW! That is a lot of CFTKR". Then I realized that at least when I buy wax I have something to show for it! (Was that good rationalizing??) [smilie=th_thlaughter]

Tonight it is Candy Panda - Pure Morning.

Good morning ladies,

Another steamy day, 90 F yesterday. I've been getting out early and riding my new/old bike. It's lovely to ride along the country roads and breathe the fresh morning air.

Maggie, I'm so glad you got some rest - that's a lot of school activities. Totally agree - heels are agony. You've been melting a lot - the ginger/blackberry combo sounds luscious. [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Debra, we love those British mystery shows too and are eagerly awaiting the next seasons. I loved Doc Martin and Father Brown, also Call the Midwife and Shetland. I agree with you, Benedict Cumberbatch from Sherlock is marvelous in anything he does! And you cracked me up with the dinner bill story [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] - isn't it true?? That could have bought a lot of wax! [smilie=th_sign0164]

Aria, that CFTKR Lemongrass & Sage sounds very tempting. You all speak so highly of that vendor and I am sorely tempted to buy some of her fruit/veg waxies because they are adorable.

Susan, how did you like that Axe Kilo? That sounds wonderful with the amber blend, I love that scent.

Michele, I'm glad your DH is in town. ????. What kind of music is your DS playing on the guitar?

Honeybear! Where are yooooooou, we miss you! [smilie=th_wave]

I'm continuing to plow through the backlog of clammies, plus I remembered I still have a few CFOW Moon Cakes from earlier this year. So today so far it's:

BH&G Cashmere Amber (and this is fabulous, I had forgotten about it)

Zeep Juicy - melon/fruity combo

CFOW Moscato - grapefruit/pomegranate - perfect for the morning and one of my Moon Cake favorites.

Enjoy your Sunday,

AmyJo

Quick question, can you tell me about these vendors' wax? What's special about them / do you recommend?

RG (Rose Girls?)

Scentique

Empire Alchemy

Gypsy Monroe

Bathing Garden

Thanks, AmyJo

Morn ladies. Melting today: Piggy Palooze by Spotted Hog

Angel Love by CFOW

Amyjo, I enjoyed Axe Kilo from OPT

I have ordered once from RG, might order at some point next year

The bathing garden, really pretty wax different.

The other's don't know anything about.

Good Morning!

AmyJo-I hav never ordered from any of those vendors.

Maggie-I will see if I can figure the iPad out. Thanks.

Debra-yes I could see the gel being injected into the knee. Hope these shots help too. Really don't want to get knee replacements either.

All this talk of CFTKR keeps reminding me I still have a lot of her wax. I need to bring it all up from the basement and start melting. Carol’s wax lasts a very long time.

Melting today SGA Salted Caramel IHOP Sugar Cookies.

Hello, my friends. I've missed you all. :wub:

I've been catching up on all of your lives and I really do love our little community. Sounds like overall, everyone is doing well and that's something to be grateful for. [smilie=th_sml29]

Michele ~ I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your knees though. Have you ever heard of Dr. John Sarno?

DD#2 just left yesterday afternoon and DD#1 arrived in Prague today. I'm missing them both. DD#2 was coughing for a majority of her post-trip stay with us, but we still enjoyed catching up on our Gilmore Girls. [smilie=th_LOVE]

I need to get back into my normal melting. Today I've got Zeep The Library and Lilac Scentsations Buttercream Sugar Cookie, both gifts from sweet CF pals. [smilie=thank_you] I'm really loving this Library one!

I'm also one who melts my wax until all of the scent is gone, unless I really don't like it much (which is rare). I am so bad that I switch to different melters. Our master closet is rather large and I had an outlet put in there so I could have the same melter I had in my last house in there. So many times I put older wax in there or in the laundry room to use it up. [smilie=th_paper-bag]

All this talk about iPads and guess what DH and I have decided we're getting ourselves for our upcoming 26th wedding anniversary? [smilie=th_cuddle-1]

Hello B)

Michele, I hope the shots help your knees.

AmyJo, I haven't ordered from those vendors.

Melting a gift from a sweet CF buddy, Jackie O. Visits Her Family from VCS.

Hello!

AmyJo...I love RoseGirls and The Bathing Garden! Great blends and pretty wax! I haven't heard of the other vendors though.

Honeybear.... [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr Good gifts!

I'm melting OPT Birthday By the Sea today...not too bad after curing...I actually like it a lot! LOL

Good morning all and Happy Monday,

Thanks all for the info on the vendors. I'm just window shopping, you understand. [smilie=th_foolish1]

Honeybear, good to see you! [smilie=th_hello] I know you are sorely missing your girls. Happy Early Anniversary [smilie=th_slider_congratulation and I hope you will enjoy your iPads!

Maggie, your OPT creation Birthday by the Sea sounds delicious and I'm eagerly awaiting melting two of your other creations once they are done curing. [smilie=th_aa17]

Michele - that VCS Cream Cheese scent sounds so scrumptious - I am seriously in love with that vendor. [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Well I received two of my last orders :upssmiley1: - an assortment from VRC and the Beach Sampler from SGA. I am completely thrilled with the VRC and a new favorite is Ginger Coconut Lime. Such a beautiful blend! The SGA Sampler was poured very recently and a lot of the pieces, while scrumptious, smell very soft and a bit the same, so I will give them at least a month's cure to let them come into their own. The SGA Mini Chunk Pies, on the other hand, are nearly done curing and they smell astonishing, all unique and strong. I have become a big believer in a proper cure!

I think that by Friday I should be through the clammie backlog and ready to start in earnest on the newer waxies! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

So this morning it's:

Zeep Juicy (clammie)

YC Cube Melts - Home Sweet Home, always a spicy favorite

YC Cube Melts - Sun Drenched Apricot Rose, gorgeous.

Have a lovely Monday all,

AmyJo

Good morning :)

Melting Rosemary & Spearmint from BH&G Aromatherapy. I will be cleaning today and thought this would be a good choice. Also hoping it's strong enough to eliminate the lingering aroma of last night's dinner, chicken fajitas.

Hi everyone. Melting today: Tropical Plumeria Petals by BHG

Poison Crocus by OPT: bergamont,sweet orange, iris, white rose, med fig, woods.

From the Enabling Department: ????

CFOW sale today only until midnight California time: 30% off any order of $50 or more, code kickstart.

OPT sale: Chunky Closeouts plus 10% off any order of $20 or more, code SummerFUN.

Zeep restock is Saturday the 16th, new summer scents.

*you are welcome* ????

AmyJo, [smilie=th_sSig_what] I don't see that. No, no I don't. I had to buy another storage container last weekend!

Mpfand, I hope your scents did the job covering dinner. I have to find something that gets rid of broccoli. The best I have found is Clover & Aloe, but that broccoli still peeks through.

Tonight it is Cheryl's - Lime/Coconut Vanilla.

Good morning ladies,

Quick road trip for work today / possibly tomorrow.

Susan, I love that Plumeria Petals BH&G!

Mpfand - I hope the Aromatherapy scent overcame the fajitas (but fajitas have a lovely scent too, LOL).

Debra, I know what you mean - I have bought numerous lovely baskets and they are all full... [smilie=th_butbutbut]

Maggie, I have been melting both of your OPT Blends:

Peace in the Grass (pear, cut grass, and buttercream) - this is so lovely that I put it in the bedroom to sleep by

Spiked Citrus - this one is in multiple warmers as I get ready to leave this morning and it's heavenly, tons of throw and both comforting and energizing with the sea air and the grapefruit.

I think you have a great talent for creating blends!! :toppoints:

Have a lovely day, all.

AmyJo

Good Morning!

AmyJo- You are an enabler but I’m really done for now. Too much stash here. I need to melt some first. Enjoy your road trip!

All my baskets and storage cabinets are full and I really need some more storage but wouldn’t know where to even put it at this point.

Melting today in 2 melters CFOW Jack Sparow from the Sampler Box. It’s just getting started so I don’t smell it yet.

Have a great day everyone !

Good morning! :)

Today I am posting from an iPad, but it’s not my iPad. I should have that one this afternoon. They didn’t have gold in the stores at Costco. I’m not really used to it yet, but I think I’m really gonna like it. [smilie=yes]

AmyJo ~ I think I’m good on the CFOW and Zeep wax. I have thought about doing an OPT order since I’ve never ordered from her. Yesterday I did a Gold Canyon order because they’re having 21% off of everything for the next four days..

Lilac Scentsations Buttercream Sugar Cookie

PL Sea Breeze & Olive

ST Pan ~ Ocean Water, Lush Supervova, and Strawberry Slices

Zeep Library ~ This one is going on day four I think, and I just can’t dump it yet because it’s so good. [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Hello All!

I wasn't able to get on yesterday at all! The normal CF link brought me to the main CF page but crashed when I tried to get into the forum. The link I always use is still sending me to the wrong place but at least I'm on here now! [smilie=th_shewiggle]

Mpfand... chicken fajitas? [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] Think I know what I'm cooking this week! I hope your scent selection worked!

Honeybear...yes,it does take some time to get used to the iPad but you will love it once you do. I was the same way! [smilie=th_200912104451] If you ever see that Library in stock at Zeep, please give a shout! I love that scent too! ❤️

AmyJo.... [smilie=th_teks0311] you are so sweet but I think it was a fluke....I've made some very "unique" blends in the past! [smilie=th_coffeespew] Btw, did you ever think you'd ever say "clammie backlog" a few years ago? [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

It's been Sirens Call by Scarlet Raine since yesterday....not much happening. :(

Honeybear, I think you will absolutely love your IPad! [smilie=yes] I have a Samsung tablet and do almost everything on it!

Maggie, I wasn't able to get on here yesterday, either. [smilie=th_idontknow] I love chicken fajitas, but I don't make them very often. DH and DS aren't big fans. [smilie=th_scratch]

Melting Fruit Loop from Fox Willow.

We're under a heat advisory so this will be me--> [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Have a good day B)

Morning, ladies! th_oregonian_mornincoffee.gif I've been busy preparing to play the piano for church for Father's day for the first time at this new church here in TN- I'm excited and nervous!

Honeybear, early happy anniversary to you two! How fun getting new iPads. yes.gif

Maggie, are you out for summer?

Mpfand, keep cool! It's been warm here, too.

I popped on and saw all the sales in this feed and have to check it out! I'm currently looking both at OPT and Canyon. th_dancing_smile.gif

Today I'm melting Watermelon Sangria from Sonoma. wub.gif