The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

August's Sizzling Scents

th_hello.gif

I am melting BH&G Iced Carrot Cake. I haven't had it in the melter too long, but I am picking up on a bit more spice than I would prefer. I think I smell clove? Up close to the melter, I also pick up a slightly soapy note. It smells better in the next room over than it does in the room that it is melting in lol. DH will not go for this, so I plopped in some Toasted Marshmallow to maybe mellow it out a little before he gets home. I do smell carrot cake and I don't hate it, I just don't love it :)

Ok, I had to change it out. I kept smelling that spice smell getting stronger, almost that I could taste it. I am now melting HHS Honey Graham.

Aria - Ozzy is so sweet and looks so cuddly!

Aria - Oh my gosh...look how much Ozzy has grown already! What a sweetie! :wub:

I'm melting BH&G's Baked Apple Strudel (great minds think alike Trep! [smilie=th_slider_hi5] ). I stopped at Wally world hoping to find the new fall scents, but...nada. [smilie=th_cry2yw3] But, I had to at least buy one scent - KWIM? [smilie=th_cha40] It's not unusual for me to get on here and see someone else is melting the same scent I am. Does that happen to ya'll, too? Ooo....eeee...ooooo.... [smilie=th_cha66]

[smilie=th_bb20]

Mala- How's that Lemon Pizelle? That is on my "buy next time" list...it sounds YUMMO!!!

Aria- OH MY GOSH....what a cutie Ozzy is!!! He really did get big! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Turned off and cleaned out the downstairs melters for the evening...gotta be up early to bring DS to college so I need everything ready for some "woebegone melting" when I get home. [smilie=th_cray] First one off for his first day...feels like Kindergarten all over again!

Upstairs it's: Sunburst from LSC...very nice.

[smilie=th_goodnight]

Turned off and cleaned out the downstairs melters for the evening...gotta be up early to bring DS to college so I need everything ready for some "woebegone melting" when I get home. [smilie=th_cray] First one off for his first day...feels like Kindergarten all over again!

Woebegone melting. Awe Maggie. th_empathy.gif I sorry.

This morning I'm melting SH - Happy as a pig in ^%$# and Nene's Caramel Velvet Cake. DH is not a fan of either but he left the house early this morning for the day, so I'm enjoying them without the stinky feet comments.

Good Saturday to everyone.

Continuing melting my super old stuff before new order arrives on Monday.

Even after that I will be continuing melting old tars in 2 melters and only 2 will have fresh tarts.

In the bathroom-AMS Plumeria

In the kitchen-Blue Gecko-Vanilla Berry Cream puffs

bedroom-crosscreek Kiwi Chamomile

Living room-Everyday Whims-Pink Casmere

Iam off to pack, my boyfriend is taking me for a weekend to Atlantic City, NJ. yay

Hey, y'all..melting LSC Tobacco Caramel this morning. I'm getting ready to head out to the grocery store and need to check out some lap tops this afternoon for DS. He will back in class this Wednesday. It's a beautiful day here and it's time to start cleaning out some of my flower beds that did not recover from the summer drought. Have a wonderful weekend.

MaggieMae - Is your DS's school close enuf that he can come home often? I hope your smellies help U not feel sad. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Katz [smilie=th_76d65c2f] - Is your DS's wedding coming up soon?

I'm burning CrossRoads Oatmeal Cookie. [smilie=th_thumbs20up] It's a lovely cool, sunny morning here, perfect for a candle.

- Pink Mousse (Shayz) - awesome scent and throw [smilie=th_slider_flirt] (pink sugar and berry mousse)

- Orange Buttercream Cupcake (BH&G) - I don't smell any buttercream (which is good, in my case!) - it smells like a delicious orange sugar cookie [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

- Sapmoss (LSC) - really nice! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Last night I melted BH&G Tropical Plumeria Petals and it was a very nice, understated floral.

Mala- How's that Lemon Pizelle? That is on my "buy next time" list...it sounds YUMMO!!!

I love Lemon Pizelle and would definitely recommend it :) If you've tried the Orangecream marshmallow cookie (one of CFTKR's best) LP is the lemon version of it in my opinion.

Today I have some Scentsy going, Grape granita and Fried ice cream, both are nice and strong :)

[smilie=th_hello] , CF friends!

Aris ~ What an adorable puppy!

Enjoying some yummy sweet scents today...

CCCC Blueberry Banana Cream Pie

CCCC Berry Banana

Swan Creek Birthday Cake

Happy Saturday! [smilie=th_wave]

For this afternoon it is Scentsationals Oatmeal Cookie and a BH&G Baked Apple Strudel pillar.

Trep - Sounds like you'll be smelling apple crisp! :D How do you like the BH&G's pillar?

Honeybear - I'm glad your DH was home for the week with you. [smilie=th_dancing_smile] Do your girls go back to school soon?

I'm melting CFTKR's Apple Jack & Peel. Luv this one - always a winner 4 me! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

My wonderful week visit from my DD Mel ended this morning, when she returned to Maryland.

[smilie=th_cry2yw3]

I miss her so much.

[smilie=th_smiley-crying]

While she was here we melted:

Urban Woods by Ten Digit Creations - nice scent, but light throw

Palm Island by CFTKR - nice and grapefruit-y, great throw

this evening I put on Moon Lake Musk by Missy's Tempting Tarts, which did not fully melt in one of my lower temp melters

I was so busy with Mel, I totally neglected my melters and plan to get back on track.

I picked up 2 candles this morning at the grocery store - 3 wicked, 14.5 oz. by Essential Elements, I got Jasmine & Patchouli and Lavender & Cedarwood

I think I might light one of those - they were BOGO for $9.99, so $4.99 each - good deal, I hope they throw well.

Have a great rest of your Saturday Night!

[smilie=th_c55]

Thanks Jules and Sweet. [smilie=th_teks0311] I came home and put on 1776 by Hickory Ridge Prims...it smells great. My DS is up near Lake Placid for the next couple of days camping out for his pre-orientation and I am worried he is cold. He didn't pack a heavy coat but the temps have dropped!! I'm not very good at this "letting go" thing....and I have never been a over protective type of mom. [smilie=th_sad-1] Yeah Sweet, when he gets back on campus he can take a bus/train home in about 1 hour.

Iam off to pack, my boyfriend is taking me for a weekend to Atlantic City, NJ. yay

Have fun! [smilie=th_dancing_smile] My eldest DD is there tonight and tomorrow for her friends 21st!

I love Lemon Pizelle and would definitely recommend it :) If you've tried the Orangecream marshmallow cookie (one of CFTKR's best) LP is the lemon version of it in my opinion.

Thanks Mala! I have not tried the Orange Cream Marshmallow Cookie yet, but now I will. :)

My wonderful week visit from my DD Mel ended this morning, when she returned to Maryland.

[smilie=th_cry2yw3]

I miss her so much.

[smilie=th_smiley-crying]

[smilie=th_bighug-1] I know how you feel my friend! Hugs to you!!!

It is so hard to let those "little ones" go off to college! Those mom feelings never go away.

Tonight I have been melting Pink Paradise from Lathers and Light

Sweet--the BH&G pillars are great. I burned several last winter and they all just burn beautifully and last a long time. They give off a pretty good throw, also.

Starting the morning with Scentsationals Warm Hugs (Sugar Cookies). Have a great day, everyone.